Patrick Beverley is a thug…..

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
One of the biggest cheap shots I have ever witnessed…great to see Railbird’s Clippers eat it….how does Beverley justify shoving him in the back? Even Bill Laimbeer would have had the decency to go face to face…

No member of the Suns went after Beverley?

This version of the NBA is soft.
Monty and staff told them not to react to him. Have you seen the nonsense officials have pulled against the Suns this season? The bounced ball ejection of Book? DA got a T for saying a bad word last night? The continued bull of Scott Foster?

If someone had gone after him there would be some trumped up Finals suspension. As much as everyone wanted to kick his ass it wasn't the time for it and I credit good coaching for avoiding a Robert Horry like disaster.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Monty and staff told them not to react to him. Have you seen the nonsense officials have pulled against the Suns this season? The bounced ball ejection of Book? DA got a T for saying a bad word last night? The continued bull of Scott Foster?

If someone had gone after him there would be some trumped up Finals suspension. As much as everyone wanted to kick his ass it wasn't the time for it and I credit good coaching for avoiding a Robert Horry like disaster.

Good point, WildBill.

I thought about the harsh retributions on the NBA books for a third man entering a scuffle from the bench.

It's a good rule, albeit a strict one, to control the mayhem.

Do the Suns need an enforcer to protect their rising superstar, Devin Booker, in future years?

Good point, WildBill.

I thought about the harsh retributions on the NBA books for a third man entering a scuffle from the bench.

It's a good rule, albeit a strict one, to control the mayhem.

Do the Suns need an enforcer to protect their rising superstar, Devin Booker, in future years?

Its not the 90s, the enforcers are from a past time just like in the NHL where they are gone. Best revenge is to beat these guys. Beverly wouldn't have stooped to that level if they were winning.

Plus this is the Suns. The fanbase will never forgive Stern and the NBA for taking away our shot against the Spurs. They could have staggered the suspensions or better yet made them harsh in the regular season along with fines. But to suspend starters when a series is 2-2 because Robert Horry takes a calculated cheap shot was as painful as any team has ever really endured. The guys didn't do anything other than walk 10 steps from the bench, no punches, no threats. Literally walking towards their leader getting up from being thrown into a sideline table. And you know if it was the Lakers or some other favored franchise they would have come up with some "solutions".