Pete Carroll

Heim

EOG Master
Interesting...before Wilson only 2 winning seasons out of 6.

With Wilson 8 out of 9 seasons in playoffs.

Conclusion:

First rate Qb > Coach

They're nuts if they trade him

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Interesting...before Wilson only 2 winning seasons out of 6.

With Wilson 8 out of 9 seasons in playoffs.

Conclusion:

First rate Qb > Coach

They're nuts if they trade him
I don't understand what they are doing. I'll say Rail was on Wilson a very long time ago.

railbird

EOG Master
caroll had the wrong qb in at usc 5 or 6 times. jason thomas over palmer, lineart over cassell booty over sanchez. barkley never improved. wilson fail in his lap

I would imagine the two Peyton Manning won, maybe Favre, ARod, a couple with Brady, and the Elway ones.
Huh? Def not Elway he was at the end of his career and took a major paycut so they get FAs. I know Peyton only made 18 mil his last year in Denver. Rodgers wasn't even even in the top 10 paid QBS in 2011. Brady has never been a top 5 paid QB.

Pete's offense sucks right now. He needs to seriously modernize his game or else they will lose Wilson. Let Russ cook lasted about half the season but then it was back to we gotta run the ball nonsense.

Just checked all of those. Only Favre in 96' he was the 5th highest paid QB that year.

Yep, the discount Brady gave the Pats all those years mattered. And we'll see how the Chiefs stop being a serious threat every year now that Mahomes is getting the big money. It amazes me how few people realize this, the game is all about getting either a rookie or discounted veteran QB. Do that and you can sign 2-3 other impact players at least.

Having a top QB is great to win a lot of games and make the playoffs. But the guys getting the most money always seem to come up short at the end. Look at Rodgers, always in the hunt, never even gets to the finish line. This is why the whole hype on Watson is a big fat mistake. He's going to make a team good, but not great.

After a quick search it looks like Eli is the only QB to win a SB while earning top 5 $s.

In 2011 when Rodgers won he was the 20th highest paid at 6.5 mil. Donavon Mcnabb was the highest at 24.7 mil.

The next year Mark Sanchez was the highest paid QB at 17.5 mil. haha

After a quick search it looks like Eli is the only QB to win a SB while earning top 5 $s.

In 2011 when Rodgers won he was the 20th highest paid at 6.5 mil. Donavon Mcnabb was the highest at 24.7 mil.

The next year Mark Sanchez was the highest paid QB at 17.5 mil. haha

That's crazy, in less than 10 years we went from Sanchez being top paid at that salary to today mediocre guys like Bridgwater getting that kind of money. I remember back then people said QB was only so valuable, that pash rushers and left tackles to protect from those rushers were as important as QBs. The offensive revolution has changed the game.

MrTop

EOG Master
exactly wild bill... someone has to take a dive in money somewhere to keep winning.. Brady took a dive so did MJ in hoops his first few championships.. Ewing killed the knicks year after year with taking all the green.. better off having better players circle the QB.