Phillies

MrTop

EOG Master
I bet the phillies the last 2 games. I still don't know how the braves folded. The phils did not match up with stats.

Valuist

EOG Master
I bet the phillies the last 2 games. I still don't know how the braves folded. The phils did not match up with stats.

We see this every year; not necessarily the Braves but some team with gaudy offensive numbers hits a slump. I hear some in the analytics crowd whining that the playoffs are too random. Nonsense. Those numbers one sees in Fangraphs become irrelevant in the postseason. Just like in the NFL, in the MLB playoffs, current form trumps all.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
We see this every year; not necessarily the Braves but some team with gaudy offensive numbers hits a slump. I hear some in the analytics crowd whining that the playoffs are too random. Nonsense. Those numbers one sees in Fangraphs become irrelevant in the postseason. Just like in the NFL, in the MLB playoffs, current form trumps all.
It affects the pitching also. Analytics loves the power pitchers. Strider has been out of gas for a month. Threw 96 pitches in 5+ innings and is removed. Sometimes less is more, as in pitching strikes and trusting the D vs trying to K everyone.

kane

EOG master
white guys crushing the domincans what else is new
white power
Nothing wrong here, right Benny? Perfectly acceptable, right? But you'll troll me for pointing out his racism. Okay, going forward the racist POS will continue with his non stop racism, and just to appease you I won't call him out for it anymore, this should make you happy, no more complaints about the racist pig

kane

EOG master
Bet against black coaches and bet on the team with more white players, what else do you need to know? Enjoy that type of thinking going forward, I'm sure you'll do well

railbird

EOG Master
Bet against black coaches and bet on the team with more white players, what else do you need to know? Enjoy that type of thinking going forward, I'm sure you'll do well
very well. the stats dont lie. also take men over women coaches in wnba, ncaa, soccer female sports.

Heim

EOG Master
If you listen to Harper, he's on a mission to bring the trophy to Philly, and I think it (attitude) has carried over to the team.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
I’m shocked the Phillies marketing department hasn’t ran with “white power”. I mean hey it isn’t “we are family” but I’m sure it might get noticed.

Valuist

EOG Master
To whom it may concern,

We object strongly to the inference that Philadelphia has a monopoly on player color. We have dumped our analytics department and have adopted the Railbird model. See you in a week.

Regards,

The Texas Rangers

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
To whom it may concern,

We object strongly to the inference that Philadelphia has a monopoly on player color. We have dumped our analytics department and have adopted the Railbird model. See you in a week.

Regards,

The Texas Rangers
Maybe they will bring back David Clyde and Jeff Burroughs. They would fit the model.