Raiders House Cleaning

Heim

EOG Master
McDaniels and GM Ziegler out.

Davis stuck with McDaniels' 6 year deal.

Only thing left is sit Garoppolo.

mr merlin

EOG Master
When the patriots were winning - almost totally because of brady in hindsite, I never thought their offense was great, I thought it was holding them back - hiring mcdaniels and the GM with the hope that the raiders would become like the pats was fantasy.

Mcdanials is obviously not suited for NFL coaching.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
When the patriots were winning - almost totally because of brady in hindsite, I never thought their offense was great, I thought it was holding them back - hiring mcdaniels and the GM with the hope that the raiders would become like the pats was fantasy.

Mcdanials is obviously not suited for NFL coaching.
The "Patriot" way was fraudulent. The Patriot way, as it turned out was all Brady. The Lions had a taste of this making Matt Patricia their HC and Bob Quinn the GM. Both were utter failures.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I think it was the NFLe way. After 9/11, Patriots and Tommy were script selected. Now it is the woke Chiefs with Kelce and Mahomes.

boston massacre

EOG Master
The "Patriot" way was fraudulent. The Patriot way, as it turned out was all Brady. The Lions had a taste of this making Matt Patricia their HC and Bob Quinn the GM. Both were utter failures.

You Also Had Patriots Special Teams Coach, Joe Judge Being Hired as HC Of N.Y. Giants.

That Turned Out To Be a Total Bust.

Valuist

EOG Master

That isn't 100% true. Belichek still played a role. Strong special teams year in year out, good defense. Brady's style worked perfectly for their system. In that 2017 Super Bowl vs Atlanta, what made it work was the slow, time consuming drives to slowly destroy the Falcon D. Atlanta scored a lot in the first half....too quickly. QBs like Marino and Fouts would score too quickly, and their defenses wouldn't get a break. Belichek understood that Brady's skill sets worked perfectly for their system.

Heim

EOG Master
Davis Jr. has gotten into the Vegas persona. Young girlfriends, parties, dancing mid court with Aces. The last thing on his mind is football personnel.

I still don't understand the Carr situation. A serviceable Qb they alienated for a guy selling Subway sandwiches.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Seems like a good opportunity for a ‘bet the first game of a mid season coaching change’
Especially against the 💩💩 Giants, & other factors.
But there will be a quick regression to the mean.

Heim

EOG Master
Garoppolo is done as a Raider post June 1. His remaining 11 mil is only guaranteed if injured. If they cut him now they're on the hook for it in 2024.

kane

EOG master
All the talking heads now say it was a mistake to let Carr leave and sign Jimmy G, of course they're just playing the result, ignoring the fact that Carr has been in NO what he was in Oakland, simply average, his QBR ranks 17th in the league, middle of the pack, which is what he's been for his whole career. The guy spent 9 seasons playing for the Raiders, he only had two winning seasons, and in his career he's played in one playoff game. Sorry, but 9 years is a big enough sample size that tells you the Raiders weren't winning anything with him, he's having a better season than Jimmy G, but the Raiders would be going nowhere with him this year like they went nowhere with him the previous 9 years, in hindsight the Jimmy G signing was an obvious mistake, but letting Carr leave wasn't. The Raiders finally did the smart thing, start O'Connell the rest of the way and see what you have, maybe they get lucky and the kid can play, but the thought that the Raiders massively fucked up by letting Derek Carr walk makes no sense based on the entirety of his career

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I like O'Connell but his weak arm probably too much to overcome. He's a young Phillip Rivers with a dead arm.

Heim

EOG Master
If the NCAA drags this investigation on, throwing more mud on Michigan, Harbaugh might be Vegas bound especially if they win it all.

Heim

EOG Master
Motivated effort today...what a difference a day makes.

You would think McDaniels learned his lesson by handcuffing himself to Tebow....nope... Garoppolo same end result. These guys never learn.