Record ticket prices for Michigan vs Iowa Thursday night

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Record ticket prices for Michigan vs Iowa Thursday night.

According to TickPick, this could be the most expensive women’s basketball game of all-time (college or WNBA). The average purchase price in last seven days is $521.

Remaining courtside seats at StubHub are $9,844

Last edited by a moderator:

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Caitlin Clark should negotiate with the WNBA to be gifted a pro franchise in Iowa.
IOWA CORNETS

FUN FRANCHISE

The Iowa Cornets was a team that played for two seasons in the Women's Professional Basketball League. George Nissen purchased the first franchise in the fledgling league on March 21, 1978 for $50,000. Nissen, who had been a star gymnast at the University of Iowa in the 1930s, pioneered the manufacture and sale of the modern trampoline at his Griswold-Nissen Trampoline & Tumbling Co. in Cedar Rapids. The team made it to the league's championship series both seasons, falling to the Houston Angels in 1978-79 and to the New York Stars in 1979–80. The team played their games at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa and at the Five Seasons Center in Cedar Rapids,

kane

EOG master
I don't watch women's basketball, college or the WNBA, couldn't care less, but Caitlin Clark is different, I'll watch an Iowa game just to see her play, possibly the GOAT of women shooters, she's the female version of Steph

kane

EOG master
I don't know how much she makes in NIL money, I'm sure it's a lot, and she's worth every penny of it and then some

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I don't watch women's basketball, college or the WNBA, couldn't care less, but Caitlin Clark is different, I'll watch an Iowa game just to see her play, possibly the GOAT of women shooters, she's the female version of Steph

Steph v Sabrina in a 3-point shootout during All-Star weekend.

I saw Steph -270 somewhere.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I don't know how much she makes in NIL money, I'm sure it's a lot, and she's worth every penny of it and then some

I heard an estimate of $3 million for Caitlin's NIL money.

After all, she's featured in a State Farm commercial.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
I watch Kelsey Plum's game and scratch my head how she is NCAAWB all time leading scorer. She doesn't do anything well.

And old schoolers like Cheryl Swoopes are bemoaning Caitlyn's record breaking career!? This girl is a prolific scorer.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Prolific scorer, indeed.

Though I've never liked one-way players.

Caitlin Clark has little or no impact defensively.

I see Clark as a slightly better version of Sabrina Ionescu.

And that's pretty good.

Sheryl Swoopes was the best player in the WNBA over a three or four-year stretch, so Clark needs to get there before trading insults with Swoopes.

Shame on Swoopes, however, to denigrate Clark's accomplishments at Iowa.

Feels wrong.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
Prolific scorer, indeed.

And that's pretty good.

Sheryl Swoopes was the best player in the WNBA over a three or four-year stretch, so Clark needs to get there before trading insults with Swoopes.

Feels wrong.
its called racism, they are jealous of her attention.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Prolific scorer, indeed.

And that's pretty good.

Feels wrong.
Swoopes had her facts wrong stating this was Clark's 5th year...........next year would be her 5th if she elects to come back for another year.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The highest paid wnba player made 242k this past year

Clark would have to play over 12 seasons to make what she makes in NIL money.

If iowa wins the title I would say her NIL money could be north of $4m

Why would she want to leave?

kane

EOG master

Great post, the reason so many WNBA players play over seas when the season ends is they make more money in other countries than they do playing here, when she does leave college, she'll make more in endorsement money than what she'll make in the WNBA

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

She still gets the NIL money in WNBA, plus other endorsements..............fairly certain she will declare for the draft.

COOPER DEJEAN is the real star at Iowa

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
She still gets the NIL money in WNBA, plus other endorsements..............fairly certain she will declare for the draft.

COOPER DEJEAN is the real star at Iowa
I didn't realize this until a couple days ago.................they did a segment on this local iowa tv station.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
If Indiana drafts her, she instantly make one mllion+ from indiana businesses.

Her boyfriend Indiana Pacers asst coach.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Steph v Sabrina in a 3-point shootout during All-Star weekend.

I saw Steph -270 somewhere.

I have seen it around: -220/+180.

I am all over Sabrina at this price. She has no pressure on her, If she goes out and gets crushed - it is expected. If Curry loses - it is "man bites dog" headlines. Sabrina shoots with a ball one inch smaller and this is not to be discounted,

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK is waiting for prices to drop to $5 for him to attend. :)

I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 to attend a WNBA game.

And I've attended scores of them.

Want to see Caitlin Clark perform for free?

Head to the Final Four in Cleveland and check out all four teams practice on the Thursday before Friday's semifinal showdowns.

Granted, it's only a ceremonial practice (each Final Four team gets one hour to get accustomed to the floor), but you will get a chance to see Clark in uniform.

No admission charge for Final Four practices on both the men's and women's side.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I am all over Sabrina at this price. She has no pressure on her, If she goes out and gets crushed - it is expected. If Curry loses - it is "man bites dog" headlines. Sabrina shoots with a ball one inch smaller and this is not to be discounted,

The small ball is a big deal.

Rarely mentioned when commentators are comparing the accomplishments of male and female basketball players.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

the dog price is the best value prop of 2024 other than no sunglasses for usher when we appears for halftime show last sunday.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

the dog price is the best value prop of 2024 other than no sunglasses for usher when we appears for halftime show last sunday.

Steph v Sabrina

One cautionary note for Sabrina backers: She's shooting from the NBA line.

Advantage: Steph.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
History on so many levels with Clark

Basketball Hall-of-Famer Lynette Woodard issued a press release tonight to congratulate Caitlin Clark's achievement.

Nice touch.

However, the press release went on to say that women in the late 1970s played with a larger ball and without the benefit of a three-point line.

Clark can't win.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Woodard's record all time leading scorer still 80 or so in front of clark even after tonight. isn't often discussed, however, because she played from 1978-81, just before the NCAA sanctioned women's college athletics. id suggest for much of her career Woodard and women players of that era cant win.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember Woodard in the early days of the WNBA.

She was an "old 38" when playing one season for Cleveland and then getting released by Detroit the following season.

The WNBA franchises in Cleveland and Detroit are long gone.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
CLARK more than just scoring.......................think about this, CLARK averages a mere half point a game more than PLUM in career and 10,000x more well known.

----------------------------------

Woodard averaged about 3 assists a game.

-----------------------------------

THREE things set CLARK apart from both and it's not PTS PER GAME.........................

1. CLARK LONG RANGE SHOOTING
2. ASSISTS coupled with scoring
3. Her personality traits

HER EASE OF SHOOTING BOMBS #1 reason led to popularity.............followed by assists/PTS/personality.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
All good points, FISH.

One piece of advice for Caitlin Clark: Avoid all political issues.

Sure way to lose half your following.