Redskin quarterbacks

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
That was great when they had the band at RFK. The NFL can bring back college bands for the SB halftime also. Grambling’s band was the entertainment at SB1.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Sonny Sixkiller (remember him?) would have been a natural for the old Redskins, missed a huge marketing opp.

Cherokee Indian born in Oklahoma, moved with family to Oregon, he wanted to go to Oregon St, but wasn't offered a scholarship. Instead, he was recruited by Coach Jim Owens, then the league was the PAC-8. He wore #6 at the UW, starting QB the year, 1970, that I got my Master's.

Watched many of his games. Undrafted, had a few NFL tryouts but never stuck.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Yes, Wentz was bad in 2020 for Philly and didn't play well in the finale vs Jacksonville. If they win that game, he likely still is the starter. But what about the other 16 games? 28 quarterbacks threw more interceptions than Wentz last year and only 9 threw more TDs. What weapons did he have on the outside? TY Hilton was injured much of the year. If Michael Pittman and Zac Pascal are your main guys, not sure one can expect much. Will a 37 year old Matt Ryan fare any better? Ryan had a lower quarterback rating, lower QBR, lower number of TD passes and more interceptions in 2021.

Indy fans got spoiled having a legend like Manning there for so long, and a very good replacement in Luck. I know fans of a lot of teams (Chicago, in particular) who would be happy if their QB had a 27-7 TD/INT ratio and a top 10 QBR.

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
Does Coach Ron Rivera not wanna coach a solid, good throwing QB ? Couldn't Washington sent a nice package for Russell Wilson ? I'd rather have Jimmy G too