Sad day for my kids elementary school

Ghost

EOG Enthusiast
Never thought it would ever come to this

New drill they are teaching the students and teachers. Called a "lockdown drill ". It is what they are to do in case a intruder enters the school or violence in any form happens on school grounds.

With all the violence in schools and in the world I am glad they are taking every precaution neccessary but is still very sad.

If any of yall have children, have you seen this in your school districts ?

yeah, I went to a bad highschool (grad in 95) 90% black 8% white 2% other, and had it back then. We actually had a real lockdown once a month. They enfore it to perform drug searchs, when a big fight breaks out and all sorts of reasons. Nothing new here.

Scotty S

EOG Addicted
When I went to elementary school we had nuclear attack drills. This was during the heated up cold war with the USSR. People were actually having air raid shelters built in their homes as well.
I'm glad my kids are grown but now I have four grandchildren going to school. What a difference a generation makes. It's a shame what we have to prepare and train kids for just get through ONE DAY without some pervert, drug dealer, AIDS carrier, gun toting moron ruining their life. It just takes one weak moment.

Scotty S

Soctty... the society happens to need all of that. For every action there is a reaction. There is a reason all off this exculated to the point that it has.