Sarah Palin: Crony Capitalism on Steroids from GE to Solyndra

Crony Capitalism on Steroids from GE to Solyndra

by Sarah Palin on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 11:25pm

In my recent speech in Iowa, some eyebrows were raised when I took on our government’s enormous economic problems caused by crony capitalism. As if on cue, just days later President Obama selected someone who exemplifies a major crony capitalism problem to sit next to the First Lady when he delivered his “jobs plan” speech before Congress. He selected General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt as his honored guest.

Having grown up with great respect for GE thanks to stories my grandfather shared with us about his days working for the company and even meeting GE spokesman-at-the-time Ronald Reagan during a company event, I am saddened at GE’s leadership evolution. This corporation is now the poster child of corporate welfare and crony capitalism.

This icon of American industry is a company full of good employees who make some good products (and is the parent company of a huge media outlet), but GE is also a large American corporation that pays virtually no corporate income taxes despite earning worldwide profits of $14.2 billion last year, $5.1 billion of it in the United States. In fact, they claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion, meaning they received more of our hard earned tax dollars than they contributed. How is that possible? It’s because not only do they shelter their money from taxes, but they also get many tax credits, loans, government grants, and other benefits from the federal government that our smaller businesses couldn’t even imagine being able to profit from.

Joining GE in the pantheon on crony capitalism is another Obama favorite that has been in the news of late: Solyndra. The President hailed this “green energy” company in a speech last May as “the true engine of economic growth.” When he announced the $535 million guarantee to Solyndra, Vice President Biden said that investments like this are “exactly what the Recovery Act is all about.” (Dear God…If the failed Solyndra venture has been what it’s “all about,” then that explains a lot.) As I pointed out in my speech at the Reagan Ranch Center last February: “History has proven again and again, when government picks the winners and losers, we’re stuck with the losers, and we the taxpayers subsidize failure!” And that’s what we’re seeing now, as the FBI raids the solar energy company’s headquarters to glean more information after the company was handed half a billion dollars in “green energy” Stimulus funds from the American taxpayer only to later declare bankruptcy. More than one thousand Solyndra workers lost their jobs. Now as the truth comes out, we discover that the White House was heavily involved in the Department of Energy’s rushed decision to give the Stimulus funds to Solyndra, and they tried to move the money through so quickly they seem to have ignored concerns that the company was not viable. Why would they do this? Perhaps it’s because a large investor in the company (about 35%) is Obama campaign bundler George Kaiser. And with the way the deal is structured, Kaiser will get his debts paid before we the taxpayers see any relief. That is sickening. And that’s how it works: workers lose their jobs, wealthy political cronies stand a good chance of getting their money back, and the U.S. taxpayer gets the shaft. Again.

President Obama has his sights set on raising $1 billion for his reelection campaign. Raising that money won’t be easy. But if you can hand out other people’s money to friends, it must get a whole lot easier. This crony capitalism and government waste is at the heart of our economic problems. It will destroy us if we don’t root it out. It’s not just a Democrat problem or a Republican problem. It’s a problem of our permanent political class. This won’t stop until “we the people” say enough is enough, and we retire the permanent political class that votes for this.

- Sarah Palin

Re: Sarah Palin: Crony Capitalism on Steroids from GE to Solyndra

You'll never see Sarah get anywhere politically if she talks about corporations so specifically and negatively in this way. The only way to win a primary or election is to be submissive to corporations like Obama, McCain, and Romney. Remember that in 2008, both candidates supported bailouts, and any criticisms of corporations were very vague and empty.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

You'll never see Sarah get anywhere politically if she talks about corporations so specifically and negatively in this way. The only way to win a primary or election is to be submissive to corporations like Obama, McCain, and Romney. Remember that in 2008, both candidates supported bailouts, and any criticisms of corporations were very vague and empty.

The voters are just proxies of the true powers, who are vying to install their agent, to the now largely ceremonial,POTUS position.

<DIR>The upcoming election may appear to be between a Republican and a Democrat but it could end up being a battle between two massive moneyed interests: Big Oil vs. Wall Street, i.e., the Koch Brothers and ExxonMobil vs. the savvy businessmen of Goldman Sachs and Citibank. The clash of the titans may play out in the coming year through their proxies, Wall Street backed Barack Obama and Texas oilman, Rick Perry. (Unless the GOP decides Perry is too radical and chooses Romney)

[url]http://www.occasionalplanet.org/2011/08/18/election-2012-koch-brothers-v
...[/URL]
The following is real:
Dear XXXXXX,

I'm co-hosting a small dinner with President Barack Obama at the Park Avenue home of Jane Hartley and Evercore CEO Ralph Schlosstein on Monday September 19th at 5:30pm. Evercore Chairman and former Assistant Treasury Secretary Roger Altman is also a co-host. Many other senior Wall Street individuals will be attending.

This will be an intimate dinner with the opportunity to spend quality time with the President in a private home. Given the current Republican field, it is more imperative than ever that we re-elect President Obama and I hope you can join us on September 19th.

You can RSVP to me directly or here: http://my.barackobama.com/nycsmalldinnersep19?custom1=4394989

....fundraising this quarter has been a struggle (as you can imagine give all the negative stuff around the President) - they are offering a one off opportunity to attend this small dinner on Monday for $25k instead of the full max out of $38.5k, or a couple at $38.5k instead of $77k. Just wanted to offer that in case you're interested!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/president-barack-obama-sale-50

</DIR>

That fundraising letter is no surprise. It was obvious where Obama stood from the moment he appointed Geithner and Summers to run the economy. Everything is about Wall Street with him, other than a few welfare handouts for the poor mixed in.

scrimmage

Sarah Palin was plucked out of relative obscurity,and thrust onto the big political stage in a supporting role in the elect Obama production.Afterwards she cashed in handsomely on her celebrity with plenty of media deals,and public appearances.
But is the clock about to strike midnight for "Sarah Barracuda",with a new expose on her due out next week[9/20/11]?
Wonder who has this book on their reading list,and how some of the revelations therein will go over with her base/supporters ?

Based on McGinniss?s on-the-ground reporting that began in late 2008 (which yielded an April 2009Conde Nast Portfolio cover story) and continued with his return to Alaska in 2010, this book is a startling and penetrating examination of the illusion and reality of Palin--and a probing look at the Alaska and the America that have produced her, and the country she feels she is destined to lead. The Rogue delves deeply into Alaska?s political and business affairs and Palin?s political, personal, and family life to chronicle how and to what extent Palin and her beliefs, attitudes, and outlook will influence and even change life in America and the perception of America abroad.

http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Searchi...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316226971&sr=1-2

scrimmage

Palin's Core
& Interracial Amour

Commentary by "Lionel" WPIX-TV New York 9/15/2011
<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WTQlXBRpH9Q" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

soli

EOG Dedicated

Ol Sarah had to get some of that Soul Pole....:LMAO

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

Sarah had a thing with a black basketball player when she was single. SO WHAT! And even if they come up with drug use when she was young, SO WHAT!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DEFENDING SARAH. JOE, CALL ME A DOCTOR!

tank

EOG Dedicated

Sarah had a thing with a black basketball player when she was single. SO WHAT! And even if they come up with drug use when she was young, SO WHAT!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DEFENDING SARAH. JOE, CALL ME A DOCTOR!
The Tea Party that is 99.99% white sure will care and that is what the author wants.

Ralph Nader recently praised Sarah Palin for her comments about corporations, as well as some of her past actions as Alaska governor. While I am not a particular fan of Nader (especially after he took so many votes away from Gore and contributed to Bush's win in 2000), at least he is more independent minded than many of the others. Also, Nader comes off as naive in that he thinks an anti-corporate message would make Palin successful. This ignores the influence of corporations during the elections.

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/09/19/nader_palin/index.html

scrimmage

<TT><CENTER>[SIZE=+7]
SHOCK POLL: PALIN PULLS

WITHIN 5-POINTS OF

OBAMA
[/SIZE]
</CENTER>
</TT>
[SIZE=+7]<CENTER>
</CENTER>[/SIZE]
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:<CENTER style="DISPLAY: inline !important">
</CENTER>
First,Joe McGinniss' book "The Rogue" is a gentle shot across the Sarah Palin presidential aspiration bow,were she to actually enter the race the media barrage would be amped up considerably,
Second,trailing a flawed president by 5% in a poll is not a "shock",and any semi-plausible opponent would do the same.
Third,by the time the choice for president is in the hands of the "voters",on election day it's already a fait accompli.
Fourth,consider:
President Obama, after all, is a creature of the Central Intelligence Agency, the world's deadliest international criminal organization; his college loans were paid for by the CIA and he got his first job after college from the CIA. This CIA has long aligned itself closely with grasping oil firms out to plunder and profit---and who are reaping sensational war-time profits at this hour---the world?s motorists and homeowners be damned. It needs to be understood those 900 bases the Pentagon has built are not for defense, but for offense, to control every region of the planet, as the latest deals with Colombia and Australia reveal. (For details see Obama's Family ties to the CIA, September 2010)

So Mr. Obama is hardly a president deserving of re-election. Consumer advocate Ralph Nader is right urging Dumbocrats to challenge Obama in the primaries. Since his foreign policy is identical to that of his Republican critics and his domestic policies have largely flopped, there is no better time to consider Green or libertarian alternatives.

Under Mr. Obama?s tyranical stewardship, the U.S. empire expands abroad by force and violence as its policies pauperize Americans at home. Only yesterday, the New York Times reported more than one in three young families with children, 37 percent, are living in poverty. True unemployment is closer to 20 percent than 10 percent and there are four job-seekers for each opening while more than 40 million subsist in poverty and like numbers are dining on food stamps and nearly 100 million report housing problems. With a Congress made up primarily of the well-to-do, if not the millionaire class, and who are willing handmaidens of the corporate elite, USA is no longer a government of, by and for the people. The people wrote in 100 to one against a bailout and Congress ignored them.

In his Inaugural Address of 1937, President Franklin Roosevelt said, "I see one-third of a nation ill-housed," a condition that seems likely to repeat itself today. "I see millions denied education, recreation, and the opportunity to better their lot and the lot of their children," FDR added, and those words resonate again as school teachers are laid off by the tens of thousands, as libraries are shut down for lack of funds, as State and municipal services are abandoned in favor of feeding the Pentagon?s military machine, which is spending $500 billion just on the F-35 fighter. And so ends the American dream---not with a whimper but with a bang.
Excerpts from:
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=26706