SHRINK NEED HELP

BADLIEUTENANT

EOG Enthusiast
SHRINK - See you're a big fan of OLD DOMINION (who have a good chance to finish in the top 25 in college baskets) so can U give us some info on another team in their conference,GEORGE MASON,who open up Thursday afternoon vs CAL-IRVINE @ Winston-Salem,NC .

Sounds like the 2 teams come from comparable conferences & both have quality D1 backcourts returning while both may be lacking up front .Do U feel GEORGE MASON has a distinct advantage because of the location of the game &\or in talent ?Think George Mason upset ODU last year so they must be very competitive .Anything U can add about the game will be appreciated .

:D
PS Telling us who U have already bet on @ what # will speak volumes .Thank you

I FOLLOW THIS CONFERENCE VERY CLOSELY...

I FOLLOW THIS CONFERENCE VERY CLOSELY...

Although I usually just give out only ODU games, I bet this conference almost exclusively during HOOPS...

But since you asked, here you go...

Unfortunately for Cal Irvine, it doesn't look like they match up well with this Patriots team. The starting line-up for the Anteaters should be Shamar Armstrong, a 6-3 Forward, Darren Fells a 6-7 Forward, Mark Kelley a 6-8 Center and their two star guards Aaron Fitzgerald at 6-3 and Ross Schraeder at 6-5. The focus of Mason's attention will be on Schraeder who is a good perimeter shooter (11th in the country last year at 43.9%) but isnt afraid to drive the lane. Fitzgerald is more of a role player who is very quick and loves to dish the ball (5.2 assists per game last year). Kelley and Fells are really cookie-cutter type big men who should be handled well by Lewis and Thomas. Fleming and Hernandez should also be able to spell Mason's starters, making it tough for Irvine to compete underneath the basket. The real mismatch will be in the 3-spot (probably Armstrong) where Irvine really hasnt settled on a starter. As for the key in this game , the Patriots will need to play some solid defense in the backcourt. For that reason, I wouldnt be surprised to see alot of Gabe Norwood (though Folarin has looked solid defensively as of late). In my assessment, it appears that Irvine's bench is very shallow- so Mason should be looking to run them into the ground. The only bench factor is Adam Metelski- the Sam Harris of the West. I predict a fast paced game with lots of standard Coach L trapping and breaking.

The star for George Mason in this game should come as no surprise, as their Center, Jai Lewis will dominate the boards. The second star will be Soupie Campbell who will be just dying to turn heads in his debut as a 2nd year starter. The third star will be Irvine's Ross Schraeder who will try valiently to keep Irvine in the game. Like Mason, Irvine lost a key player to a knee injury in the pre-season. The injury to Jeff Gloger will likely be more damaging to the Anteaters than the Mason's loss of Vaughn.

On a neutral court like this, intangibles don't really have much of an effect. Mason should beat this team from the OC hands down, but as we all know, basketball can be pretty unpredictable.

I would take MASON and lay the points...

Hope this helps some...

THE SHRINK

Let me also add that GEORGE MASON gives ODU fits and they split both games against one another the past 2 years...

This game is being held on a NEUTRAL court but North Carolina is much close to GEORGE MASON than Cal Irvine...

Finally, when GMU and ODU split their games two years ago, George Mason BEAT ODU AT OLD DOMINION, so they know how to play well on the road because ODU only lost one game at HOME all year last season!!!

I laid 6 1/2 which was widely available when I started this thread, but I see the line has gone to 7 1/2 so someone other than me also like GMU...

THE SHRINK

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I say 27-9 or 26-10

OB
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
THE SHRINK said:
JJ,

I would be willing to bet you as much as you'd like that they will do better...:+signs8-1

BADLIEUTENANT

EOG Enthusiast
THE SHRINK said:
Let me also add that GEORGE MASON gives ODU fits and they split both games against one another the past 2 years...

This game is being held on a NEUTRAL court but North Carolina is much close to GEORGE MASON than Cal Irvine...

Finally, when GMU and ODU split their games two years ago, George Mason BEAT ODU AT OLD DOMINION, so they know how to play well on the road because ODU only lost one game at HOME all year last season!!!

I laid 6 1/2 which was widely available when I started this thread, but I see the line has gone to 7 1/2 so someone other than me also like GMU...

THE SHRINK

Bravo .:+thumbs-2

Must say excellent writeup & analysis as almost seemed liked U were giving a recap considering how the game was played out .George Mason definitely had their eye on Shraeder as he was 2 of 8 on threes .GM starting frontcourt outscored Cal-Irvine's something like 43-17 & outrebounded them 42 -30,just as U said they would .

Must admit grabbed a little GM after I saw they beat ODU last year on the road but your insight encouraged me to wrap them with Georgia Southern MONEYLINE play(lots of talent,great guard play for small D1 ) in a small parlay - I know,parlays are square bets as I am so square .

With this being the year Old Dominion has a good chance to reach the Sweet 16 your interest level is probably very high,no ?With the new forum & trying to increase viewers,would this not be the PERFECT season for a "Colonial Athletic Association Game of the Week" ?With your proven knowledge,up close insight & gambling experience,this type of thread could have the posters drooling @the mouth anticipating the play each week .

Think about it & thanks again for your insights & efforts concerning the George Mason game .GL the rest of the season .BADLIEUTENANT

PS Need another Beard ? :D

BADLIEUTENANT

EOG Enthusiast
THE SHRINK said:
Your wish is my command...

About the bearding ?Cool .Where do I go to pick up my front money ?Most of my outs are credit shops but haven't been able to penetrate the credit side of MANSION yet .Maybe U can just front me in or this might be easier @ MATCHBOOK,no ?

Thanks again & will look forward to your future insights,especially in college baskets .

BADLIEUTENANT