Shrinks $2k Free Contest Discussion Thread

Re: Teams in Shrink's $2k forum challenge

Liar...

You'd love it and you know it...:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO
You may be right. There was a thread on what you would do if you were shipwrecked on an island with the EOG girls. I said that I'd commit suicide.

Here was sweded's reply, "Shut up, you know that's a lie. After a day in the sun, I'd be as dark as any of your little latina godesses. I'd have to hire natives with spears to keep you out of there and you know it."

Apple

Banned

swede is a tiger.. Wish you guys didn't push her away, her stuff was entertaining.. Not a lot of females around these parts period, but females posting interesting things??? She was one of a kind. Miss sportsgirl as well.

quinnsft34

EOG Member

So basically Shrink is saying he wants to stick it up there ass for being pricks.

That I would respect more but I guess he cant say that

Penis Tartar said to tell you:

Their.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
Re: Shrinks $2k Free Contest Discussion Thread

probably should have made each bet 1 unit. then the best team would win. as it is, in a very short term, best thing is to max bet every single play from every capper, 1000 units each

winning 20, 50 100 unit plays wont matter versus a forum max betting everything and having a short term hot streak

shdw
thanks raiders.....here to prove the poker boys got some sports knowledge too.....(even though I think I'm the other way around)

some good poker info there. GL :cheers

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

Scary not to see #1 & #2 finishers from the Bookmaker's 1 on 1 NBA Contest in this :+clueless

Oh well, no big surprise to me. You and I both know why. maybe the EOG 8th string :cheers

whalewager

EOG Senior Member

I would appreciate it if my name was taken off anyones list. I am not representing therx or any other forum for that matter.

http://www.winbet.com/

winbet
Geezer2
Wankerman
Peonpicker
Britgal

Thank you for the Cash. :+textinb3:cheers
You son of a gun, i thought i was in. My spot on team wilson went down the shitter now im stuck with no team. Set geezer2 as an alternate and get me on the team winniethewanker.:LMAO

cassiusclay

EOG Master

You son of a gun, i thought i was in. My spot on team wilson went down the shitter now im stuck with no team. Set geezer2 as an alternate and get me on the team winniethewanker.:LMAO

i think wilson stepped aside and a spot opened for you....

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

I CANT ENTER THE CONTEST I AM A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER AND THIS CONTEST IS OBVIOUSLY FOR AMETUERS :LMAO

LOOK AT ALL THE CONTEST CHASERS CHASING A BUCK WHAT THE F-CK BOYS ARE YOU THAT BROKE :LMAO

Alot of them are giving winnings to a charity jeantownbim, weather they or telling the truth or not is a whole different animal, but atleast it sounds good.

tripp

EOG Master

so far i'd say there are two sites that have BY FAR the best teams. the "rx" post review team has a great bunch of guys but i don't know about their capping/gambling ability just yet so can't comment on them.

GIQ and exactbets look to me to have the best group of 5 easily though, and i don't think any team covers or eog could put together would top GIQ. this is a pretty random contest though so id say everyone has a shot. the worst group of 5 could easily get lucky and win in a 5-6 game series here. won't really prove who has the best group

PassTheRock

EOG Master

BrickShit, you're bailing on Team Wilson? :blink:

It's been mentioned that a team may try to circumvent the intent of this contest by having all 5 members of a team bet the max units on a game. Ex. All 5 members will bet the LAL -6 for 1,000 units meaing that the team would have 5,000 units on the Lakers for that game.

My thoughts are we should have a cap on the amount of units that a team could place on one wager. I'm thinking 2,000 units. Anything over that amount would be void. The contest is really just meant to have some fun and bragging rights.

Thoughts?

Teddy kgb

Banned

It's been mentioned that a team may try to circumvent the intent of this contest by having all 5 members of a team bet the max units on a game. Ex. All 5 members will bet the LAL -6 for 1,000 units meaing that the team would have 5,000 units on the Lakers for that game.

My thoughts are we should have a cap on the amount of units that a team could place on one wager. I'm thinking 2,000 units. Anything over that amount would be void. The contest is really just meant to have some fun and bragging rights.

Thoughts?

I thought it was 1000 max all team players combined, anything else is absurd imo.

I thought it was 1000 max all team players combined, anything else is absurd imo.

Each capper has a cap of 1000 units per play. If no cap is needed then a team could bet 10% if his bankroll on one play. 5,000 units bet with a 50,000 units bankroll. My new thought is no team cap needed.

4. Each capper will begin with 10,000 units and a maximum of 1,000 units per play.

tripp

EOG Master

How is this thing working exactly? Will the standings be based off all 5 guys from a forum's net profit/loss combined, or will each person be graded individually and say you have a final standings like this:

player x (GIQ) 1st
player y (RX) 2nd
player g (GIQ) 3rd
player a (EOG) 4th
player b (BC) 5th

and money gets paid out that way to each individual that places in the top 5?

depending on which way it is being graded strategies have to different. if it will be just combining all units won/lost by the 5 guys the teams should really only ever play something altogether. it'd be stupid if one guy from EOG had the magic +6 -110 and another had lakers -6 -110. just giving away vig. teams would pretty much just agree on one pick and everyone chooses lakers or everyone chooses magic etc.

if it's individually done you can have teams planning around that to make sure one guy wins by having one guy take magic, one take lakers, one take under, one take over etc to ensure one guy at least starts off 3-0 or something.

seems like this contest can be easily manipulated unless i have something wrong, which may very well be it.

How is this thing working exactly? Will the standings be based off all 5 guys from a forum's net profit/loss combined, or will each person be graded individually and say you have a final standings like this:

player x (GIQ) 1st
player y (RX) 2nd
player g (GIQ) 3rd
player a (EOG) 4th
player b (BC) 5th

and money gets paid out that way to each individual that places in the top 5?

depending on which way it is being graded strategies have to different. if it will be just combining all units won/lost by the 5 guys the teams should really only ever play something altogether. it'd be stupid if one guy from EOG had the magic +6 -110 and another had lakers -6 -110. just giving away vig. teams would pretty much just agree on one pick and everyone chooses lakers or everyone chooses magic etc.

if it's individually done you can have teams planning around that to make sure one guy wins by having one guy take magic, one take lakers, one take under, one take over etc to ensure one guy at least starts off 3-0 or something.

seems like this contest can be easily manipulated unless i have something wrong, which may very well be it.
team scoring is what determines the winner. Combined profit/loss of all 5 players.

I think we should post the individual record of each contestant along with their team.

Rizzo

EOG Member

Team Covers has just been finalized:

1) pucku27
2) kohli4
3) 34paytonplace
4) oddsbuster
5) 44-dimes

Best of luck to all teams, and a big thanks to EOG for setting up this great contest!

Cheers,

-Rizz

1) pucku27
2) kohli4
3) 34paytonplace
4) oddsbuster
5) 44-dimes

Best of luck to all teams, and a big thanks to EOG for setting up this great contest!

Cheers,

-Rizz
GL guys :cheers

1) pucku27
2) kohli4
3) 34paytonplace
4) oddsbuster
5) 44-dimes

Cheers,

-Rizz

We are grateful to have you guys participate but we will still kick your butts...12io4j2w90

THE SHRINK

biggamer3

EOG Master

Ok just to clarify, is this ONLY a basketball capping challenge or will there be other sports to bet on until the finals end?

This contest will only be NBA plays to the end of the Finals...12io4j2w90

quinnsft34

EOG Member

Also are the plays going to be hidden until tip off? Seems like someone behind might try to pull a PO and wait until the last minute to go opposite the leaders plays to try and make a comeback. Just thoughts.

how do we make our selections without other forums seeing what we may be betting on and then make their selections after they see ours and when do we need to have the picks and selections in

These are all valid questions that will be answered more clearly tomorrow...

I am almost certain props will be available...

Opponents plays will be hidden until the start of each game...

Please rest assured u will be instructed how to do this without others seeing your plays but at tip off, everyone can see the ALL other entries and their selections as well...

Teddy kgb

Banned

Are we gonna have a trash talking thread or is this it?

Either way I think the team from exactbets should watch all 5 "revenge of the nerds" videos so that they can gain some confidence.....hahahahaha....fvcking GEEKS!!!!!!!!!

Are we gonna have a trash talking thread or is this it?

Either way I think the team from exactbets should watch all 5 "revenge of the nerds" videos so that they can gain some confidence.....hahahahaha....fvcking GEEKS!!!!!!!!!

haven't been called a geek in a while. niceeee

Apple

Banned

so far i'd say there are two sites that have BY FAR the best teams. the "rx" post review team has a great bunch of guys but i don't know about their capping/gambling ability just yet so can't comment on them.

GIQ and exactbets look to me to have the best group of 5 easily though, and i don't think any team covers or eog could put together would top GIQ. this is a pretty random contest though so id say everyone has a shot. the worst group of 5 could easily get lucky and win in a 5-6 game series here. won't really prove who has the best group

First off, who made you the expert? :+clueless

Secondly, do you know the capping ability of every player on every team??? :+clueless