Simple reason why Kobe should not be the MVP

MCP

This crybaby ran off Shaq and any chances the lakers had at another title. Kobe WILL NEVER win another title without shaq or a dominant center. So all the kobe lovers can gawk at 80 points and 30 shots a game while he battles for the 6th,7th and 8th seed year after year.

LeBron and Steve Nash are the only 2 that should be getting any votes.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Put kobe on Phoenix in place of steve nash, does phoenix win as many games?

No way.

Nash makes the players around him much better, cant say that for Kobe.

Kwame Brown still sucks.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
This is so simple......

Let's compare Nash to Kobe.......

Is Nash an overall better player than Kobe..........No, probably not

However, MVP is not intended to be awared to the guy who takes the most shots and leads the league in scoring.

It is supposed to go to the guy who makes his team/players better.
Simply put, the player who means the most to his team.

The following tells the tale:
Steve Nash lost star players Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, and having necomer replacement Kurt Thomas go down to injury, and STILL led this Suns team to not only a division title, but the 4th overall best record in the league!

At the beginning of the season, nobody can say or would of believed they still thought that Phoenix would of done this well while losing such talented players.....

Kobe is pretty but he's not a winner. Never has been and probably will never be.

Steve Nash isn't as flashy but he makes teams better. I'd pick Nash over Kobe in a second if I were building a team.

I still don't think either of these teams are any good though for playoff basketball. Whoever wins the series will get bounced the next round.

Nash on the Lakers would have them a top 5 team as far as record. Kobe with the Suns would not make the playoffs.

It's as simple as that. Kobe is not a winner and doesn't make his team better. He's skilled but not a winner. Simple as that. His teams will never go anywhere unless the Lakers sign a guy like Shaq where Kobe doesn't have to carry a team. He's just not any good at it.

Clip Joint said:

Nash makes any team better.

Most of the season he's been playing with a bunch of scrubs who never made it elsewhere. Well Shawn Marion as well but Kobe has Lamar Odom. Too bad Kobe can't play with him because Odom was very good before he went to the Lakers.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
How many Championships has Shaq won without Kobe?

Kobe will win the MVP.

He took a team of crap and carried them to 45 wins in the WEST.

Aside for Odom.....

Smush, Kwame, Walton, George, Vjuicic, Cook, Bynum, Green, Wafer, Turiaf.....

I dare you to find me a WORSE supporting cast.

Hache Man

MC, where have you been?!!

Figured you would of been in this thread long ago! Good to see your opinon(s).....:cheers

(Although I don't agree with you about Kobe) :D

jakethompson said:
Nash makes any team better.

Most of the season he's been playing with a bunch of scrubs who never made it elsewhere. Well Shawn Marion as well but Kobe has Lamar Odom. Too bad Kobe can't play with him because Odom was very good before he went to the Lakers.

Mentioning Lamar Odom in the same breath as Shawn Marion is making me laugh even harder than the last comment.

MCP

i dont know how marion does it he has the ugliest shot ive ever seen...he shoots like a little kid, yet somehow he makes it work

Hache Man

You know who is a similar player to Shawn Marion, just maybe one tier below his level..........

Donyell Marshall........

This guy has been the most underrated player in the league for years......

Marshall is deinitely solid and underrated...but not near as athletic or as good a defender as Marion. Similar game, but without the athleticism or defense.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Ill take Marion over Odom everyday.

Give Kobe Marshall and Damon Jones to space the floor and hed be even better!

Hache Man

Clip Joint said:
Marshall is deinitely solid and underrated...but not near as athletic or as good a defender as Marion. Similar game, but without the athleticism or defense.

He's a bit older now also, so can't really compare at all.

But as you said Clipster, not quite the athleticism.....

MCP

MadCapper said:

jones and marshall have not spaced the floor at all... take a look at what theyve done this year..

Hache Man

MadCapper said:

Cmon MC....you know I'm usually with ya, but Kobe had the ULTIMATE , ALL TIME BEST when it comes to spreading the floor for his teammates.........Shaq.

Lakers win 3 straight NBA Championships, Shaq wins three straight NBA Final MVP awards, and as soon as the club decided it wanted to make kobe the go-to guy, the team falls apart.

The numbers don't lie.......(Just some points, don't get upset! lol)

Jake - please dont make stupid comments. Kobe NOT a winner? LOL. Um, do you realize how many championships he got? Sorry, but the rings make him a winner.

LOL not a winner

And the NERVE to say that when Nash has never won a single NBA championship with so much talent around him at Dallas and now at Phoenix.

:mutley

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Hache,

Anytime you lose the best center in the league a team will fall apart. Taking a team with this little talent to the playoffs in the WEST with 45 wins is an enmormous accomplishment. Their starting point guard was in the CBA last season. There CENTER is Kwame Brown. Their power fwd is Luke Walton.

Shaq has not won a championship since leaving KOBE and he never will.

Hache Man said:
Cmon MC....you know I'm usually with ya, but Kobe had the ULTIMATE , ALL TIME BEST when it comes to spreading the floor for his teammates.........Shaq.

Lakers win 3 straight NBA Championships, Shaq wins three straight NBA Final MVP awards, and as soon as the club decided it wanted to let kobe the go-to guy, the team falls apart.

The numbers don't lie.......(Just some points, don't get upset! lol)

Hache...look at all of the NBA champs. You always need a supporting cast and one other borderline superstar. How many rings did Jordan win before Pippen stepped his game up?

Kobe leading this team of scabs to the playoffs in the West is almost miraculous. Seriously, look at their roster. It is embarassing. How did they win over 50% of their games in the West???

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Hache Man said:
But he's a lot closer than Kobe is to winning another one MC........lol

Look at the players around him???? Are you kidding me???

WADE!!!!!

Kobe has no one close to the player of Wade around him!

Also SHAQ plays in the EAST!!!

Come on Hache......

Hache Man

Guys, I'm not doubting kobe's talent.....

Just the fact that he doesn't deserve MVP.

Of course, we all have our own opinions, and I say that Lebron or Nash easily deserve the MVP award before Kobe.

I understand that Kobe carried his team, but for someone like Nash to lose players like Stoudemire and Joe Johnson and still lead Phoenix to the 4th best record in the league is amazing.....

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Clip Joint said:
Hache...look at all of the NBA champs. You always need a supporting cast and one other borderline superstar. How many rings did Jordan win before Pippen stepped his game up?

Kobe leading this team of scabs to the playoffs in the West is almost miraculous. Seriously, look at their roster. It is embarassing. How did they win over 50% of their games in the West???

CLIP,

Exactly. I dont know why people are ignoring this. The Lakers have the worst roster in the NBA. Smush? Kwame? Walton ALL STARTING!!!!

Vjuvcic, George, Cook, the FIRST guys off the bench!!

Thats downright pathetic!

Hache Man

Clip Joint said:
It amazes me how many people do not acknowledge this...look at Shaqs supporting cast and look at Kobe's. Who carried who?

Cmon Clipster, we've talked enough basketball for you to know that I don't miss things like that above.

IDENTITY said:
Jake - please dont make stupid comments. Kobe NOT a winner? LOL. Um, do you realize how many championships he got? Sorry, but the rings make him a winner.

LOL not a winner

And the NERVE to say that when Nash has never won a single NBA championship with so much talent around him at Dallas and now at Phoenix.

First off, Kobe has some rings but Shaq gift-wrapped those for him. Lakers are a .500 squad without Shaq, a .700 squad with him. Kobe can't carry a team and never will be able to. No one on that team respects him.

PS, Nash's teams don't win come playoff time because they are all about the offense and that simply doesn't win in the NBA playoffs.

With Nash you at least get a ton of regular season wins and maybe a series or two in the playoffs.

With Kobe, you scrape by to barely get in the playoffs, then you get bounced first round (that's assuming they get to the playoffs at all).

Hache Man said:
Guys, I'm not doubting kobe's talent.....

Just the fact that he doesn't deserve MVP.

Of course, we all have our own opinions, and I say that Lebron or Nash easily deserve the MVP award before Kobe.

I understand that Kobe carried his team, but for someone like Nash to lose players like Stoudemire and Joe Johnson and still lead Phoenix to the 4th best record in the league is amazing.....

Because he lost star players???

You can't fault Kobe simply because he didn't have any talent around him to lose.

Even without Stoudamire and Johnson, the Suns STILL have a better supporting cast then the Lakers.

For such a knowledgeable NBA guy, your stance on this one puzzles me...and trust me, I hate Kobe more than anyone in the league. :cheers

MadCapper said:
Look at the players around him???? Are you kidding me???

WADE!!!!!

Kobe has no one close to the player of Wade around him!

Also SHAQ plays in the EAST!!!

Come on Hache......

Wade wasn't a superstar until Shaq got there. Shaq makes everyone better.

Kobe makes his teammates worse. He needs to be on a loaded team to ever win again. Lots of guys can carry average squads but Kobe is not one of those guys.

jakethompson said:
Wade wasn't a superstar until Shaq got there. Shaq makes everyone better.

WTF???

He was only in the league one year!!! LMAO!!!

Everyone knew Wade was going to be a superstar after his rookie year.

Supporting cast for the Lakers just looks bad because Kobe can't play team ball.

You put those guys on the Suns and they each score 15 points a game.

Boris Diaw had 5 points and around 2 or 3 rebounds/assists last year. This year with the Suns 13, 7, and 6.

James Jones has doubled his output since coming over from Indy.

Raja Bell wasn't good enough to make Philly's roster a few years ago and now he's scoring 15 a game.

Everyone who came to the Suns has gotten better because of Nash. It's not just a big coincidence. You really think Raja Bell, James Jones, and Boris Diaw are just that studly and the rest of the NBA just passed them over? Hell no. Nash makes his teammates better.

Now let's take a look at the Lakers.

Odom's scoring has gone down since he came to the Lakers.

Brian Cook was a high draft pick and has never done anything since Kobe took over.

Luke Walton has, oh nevermind. I'm not even going to go there. Walton would be bad on any team.

Anyway, ya see the difference? Everyone who goes to the Suns seems to improve and everyone who goes to the Lakers gets worse.

You can keep saying the Lakers just can't sign anyone worthwhile and the Suns are great at signing has-beens who are stars in the waiting, but it's not at all true.

The Lakers have decent talent. Not top 5 in the league but there are many teams with worse. Too bad they are a .500 team with Kobe at the helm.

Clip Joint said:
WTF???

He was only in the league one year!!! LMAO!!!

Everyone knew Wade was going to be a superstar after his rookie year.

He wouldn't be doing nearly as well without Shaq.

I love Wade as much as the next guy. I invested in his rookie cards and bet on him and him only for rookie of the year. But Shaq makes it so much easier for Wade.

jakethompson said:
The Lakers have decent talent.

We'll just have to agree to disagree...you are the only person I have ever talked to that has this opinion.

Raja Bell...you might want to look at what he did in Utah after Philly. It wasn't Phoenix who got him to play well.

As far as the Suns players having career years, of course their offensive numbers improve on that team. Have you watched them play??? I could average 15 a game there. They only play on one end of the floor. That's not basketball.

Have you seen Kobe's numbers against Phoenix???

One quick addon:

People didn't know the names of most of the Bulls until Jordan came over and improved them. Who has Kobe improved EVER?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Lets see

Jordan had....Grant (Rodman) , Pippen, Paxson, Cartwright

Kobe has...Walton, Odom, Smush, Kwame

Hache Man

jakethompson said:
Supporting cast for the Lakers just looks bad because Kobe can't play team ball.

You put those guys on the Suns and they each score 15 points a game.

Boris Diaw had 5 points and around 2 or 3 rebounds/assists last year. This year with the Suns 13, 7, and 6.

James Jones has doubled his output since coming over from Indy.

Raja Bell wasn't good enough to make Philly's roster a few years ago and now he's scoring 15 a game.

Everyone who came to the Suns has gotten better because of Nash. It's not just a big coincidence. You really think Raja Bell, James Jones, and Boris Diaw are just that studly and the rest of the NBA just passed them over? Hell no. Nash makes his teammates better.

Now let's take a look at the Lakers.

Odom's scoring has gone down since he came to the Lakers.

Brian Cook was a high draft pick and has never done anything since Kobe took over.

Luke Walton has, oh nevermind. I'm not even going to go there. Walton would be bad on any team.

Anyway, ya see the difference? Everyone who goes to the Suns seems to improve and everyone who goes to the Lakers gets worse.

You can keep saying the Lakers just can't sign anyone worthwhile and the Suns are great at signing has-beens who are stars in the waiting, but it's not at all true.

The Lakers have decent talent. Not top 5 in the league but there are many teams with worse. Too bad they are a .500 team with Kobe at the helm.

Once again........valid points..... People have simply forgotten so fast how Nash turned a Phoenix team around that was once like the current Laker team!That Suns team was $h!T
Now combing it to this earlier post and it pretty much sums it all up......

Let's compare Nash to Kobe.......

Is Nash an overall better player than Kobe..........No, probably not

However, MVP is not intended to be awared to the guy who takes the most shots and leads the league in scoring.

It is supposed to go to the guy who makes his team/players better.
Simply put, the player who means the most to his team.

The following tells the tale:
Steve Nash lost star players Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, and having necomer replacement Kurt Thomas go down to injury, and STILL led this Suns team to not only a division title, but the 4th overall best record in the league!

At the beginning of the season, nobody can say or would of believed they still thought that Phoenix would of done this well while losing such talented players.....

Jordan won rings with talent around him...so did Kobe.

Jordan made early exits in the playoffs without a supporting cast...so does Kobe.