Soccer EPL - games/notes for weekend (9/24/2016)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Soccer EPL - games/notes for weekend (9/24/2016)

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

Stoke City this week

Great spot for them. They are DEAD LAST and taking a lot of crap for it - and rightfully so. They have looked like shit all season long. A loss here and their Manager, Mark Hughes, is probably fired (Sacked - the term used in the UK). Stoke lost Wednesday at home to Hull City in the League Cup so now they are more upset than ever.

I have a HUGE "Man Crush" on Tony Pulis. He can turn "chicken feathers" into "chicken salad" and West Brom is fresh off a nice win over West Ham.

But this is all about Stoke. I think we get a "Super Bowl" effort from them Saturday It won't be easy - it never is at Stoke, but this is a GREAT spot for them and I feel very confident they win

Ronaldo

EOG Dedicated

Winky you make some great points. One thing I'll note, from experience: betting against a Tony Pulis team is one of the most excruciating experiences in sport. If WBA score a goal, the bunkering you'll see is unmatched, even from a Mourinho side.

Ronaldo

EOG Dedicated

A few games stand out for me this week:

Leicester City @ Man United (-156): a LOT of heat on Mourinho right now. He absolutely needs the 3 points here, or the cries from Man U fans will get louder. Leicester have struggled somewhat this year, but so have Man U. I'm expecting some scoring in this match.

Pick: OVER 2.5 (-120).

Tottenham (+105) @ Boro: Tottenham lose Harry Kane for a couple months. Tough times for them, with Dembele, Dier, and Rose all doubts, and backup striker Vincent Janssen has struggled since his transfer. Boro have been just ok. I think Tottenham will play well, even with a slightly different looking and likely rotated side (and also facing a must-win midweek tie with CSKA Moscow). They have brought in depth, and their depth is still far better than Boro.

Pick: Tottenham (+105).

Chelsea @ Arsenal (+132): Arsenal have not looked great this year. They have serious injury issues, and fans as usual are disgusted with Wenger. Major pressure to win this week in a London derby, and I like Chelsea to take all 3 points.

Pick: Chelsea (+210).

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Winky you make some great points. One thing I'll note, from experience: betting against a Tony Pulis team is one of the most excruciating experiences in sport. If WBA score a goal, the bunkering you'll see is unmatched, even from a Mourinho side.

100% agree. If West Brom scores first you are in deep trouble. He "parks the bus" better than anyone i have ever seen. but lately their games have seen more scoring and at Stoke - where winds almost always seem to play havoc on teams - maybe a crazy wind will help the home team

As for Totty @ Boro: Boro has done very well hosting Spurs. Think this one ends 1-1

Agree on Leicester/Man U O2.5

No clue on Chelsea/Arsenal because I have no idea which team will show up. For both sides.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

My upset pick of the week:

* Bournemouth -0.5 (+300).

ChuckyG

EOG Master

3rd play for me: Swansea +1.5 (-115).

Good job by Winky/Ronaldo in this thread. Good info.

maxo

EOG Senior Member

A few games stand out for me this week:Leicester City @ Man United (-156): a LOT of heat on Mourinho right now. He absolutely needs the 3 points here, or the cries from Man U fans will get louder. Leicester have struggled somewhat this year, but so have Man U. I'm expecting some scoring in this match.Pick: OVER 2.5 (-120).
Holy Trafford, Batman! ... 4-0 HT ... C'est bien!

ChuckyG

EOG Master

A few games stand out for me this week:

Leicester City @ Man United (-156): a LOT of heat on Mourinho right now. He absolutely needs the 3 points here, or the cries from Man U fans will get louder. Leicester have struggled somewhat this year, but so have Man U. I'm expecting some scoring in this match.

Pick: OVER 2.5 (-120).

Tottenham (+105) @ Boro: Tottenham lose Harry Kane for a couple months. Tough times for them, with Dembele, Dier, and Rose all doubts, and backup striker Vincent Janssen has struggled since his transfer. Boro have been just ok. I think Tottenham will play well, even with a slightly different looking and likely rotated side (and also facing a must-win midweek tie with CSKA Moscow). They have brought in depth, and their depth is still far better than Boro.

Pick: Tottenham (+105).

Chelsea @ Arsenal (+132): Arsenal have not looked great this year. They have serious injury issues, and fans as usual are disgusted with Wenger. Major pressure to win this week in a London derby, and I like Chelsea to take all 3 points.

Pick: Chelsea (+210).

Nice early winner for Ronaldo. 4-1 ManU.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Gary Cahill (CHE) opens it up w/ a howler. Sanchez dreams of breakaway like that.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

I know this is the soccer thread:

* What do u guys think Marshall +30.5 as an Action-play in CollFB?

...Is Louisville just playing a video game? Any contrarian value here, in thinking LOUIS just played the perfect game?

ChuckyG

EOG Master

I know this is the soccer thread:

* What do u guys think Marshall +30.5 as an Action-play in CollFB?

...Is Louisville just playing a video game? Any contrarian value here, in thinking LOUIS just played the perfect game?

Maybe a good thing I passed. Line goes thru roof, to -32.

Louisville scores early on 71-yd TD. Will LOUIS have a drive that doesn't end in score, while Jackson is in game?

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Oddsmaker sets 2h line at Louisville -10.5.

...That's an excellent #. Surely Jackson will see 2 series and check out to get ready for Clemson. No play, sharp line.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Ronnie gets 2nd winner.

Stoke concedes late, 1-1.

A "Tony Pulis-like" goal. A header in 91st minute on a set piece off a corner kick that had to have made Stoke boss Mark Hughes furious

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Winky, is that a tactical error not having man on far post?

Would have been headed right into his body (if on post).