The Broncos' use of a 'designated survivor' for their QBs is brilliant and should be copied

The Denver Broncos had disaster strike last week when all of their QBs were prevented from playing in Week 12 because of COVID-19 protocols. They then had to turn to a practice squad WR to be their QB against the Saints and things went as everyone thought they would go.

Going forward, the Broncos are making sure something like that doesn’t happen again by doing something that other teams might want to take notice of down the stretch – they’re basically hiding Blake Bortles from the rest of the team as a “designated survivor” that would ensure they would have a QB ready to play if things took a bad turn again.

The “designated survivor” term, of course, comes from the government’s plans during the State of the Union or presidential inaugurations in which it names a person in the presidential line of succession who will remain in a safe location in the event disaster strikes.

There was a Kiefer Sutherland show on ABC by the same name that I never saw but maybe you did and you have a better understanding for how it works because of that.

Basically, Bortles will work from home but stop into the facilities for his COVID-19 tests and whatnot but will be kept away from the team. Then if something happens to the QBs he can jump right into the lineup.

This could be something playoff-bound teams start looking at down the stretch, especially teams that are favorites to make a run. COVID-19 cases are only rising at what seem like incredible rates and any outbreak within a contending team could prevent them from winning a Super Bowl.

The undefeated Steelers would want to keep Ben Roethlisberger protected because they know how bad their football team can be without him.

The Kansas City Chiefs could look to protect Patrick Mahomes because he’s the best QB in the league and is looking to lead his team to a second straight title.

The Packers would see their season go to waste if Aaron Rodgers wasn’t able to play.

Russell Wilson with the Seahawks is having a MVP-type season and would be the difference for Seattle in their postseason run.

Keeping big-name QBs who can skate by with missing in-person practices down the stretch of this season could be the difference in a season that has been unlike any other.

It has been a wild year, one that has made all of us think more carefully about our safety and our health.

I’d think NFL teams would want to do the same with their most prized players.

Who knows, maybe that could be why they end up hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Tampa in February.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/12/broncos-designated-survivor-perfect-plan-should-be-copied

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Having seen Bortles play.............best move they could make.

Bortles is:

DFD

Dazzling
From A
Distance

The further away you are from him the better he looks.
The closer you get to him the worse he looks

This can also be said about many top models, actresses and "beautiful women" in the actings/modeling business

Having seen Bortles play.............best move they could make.

Bortles is:

DFD

Dazzling
From A
Distance

The further away you are from him the better he looks.
The closer you get to him the worse he looks

This can also be said about many top models, actresses and "beautiful women" in the actings/modeling business

So IOW the Broncos are keeping their worst for last in case of an emergency.

Should i go "all in" on the Chiefs ML ;

10G > 1.1G !

I don't know who could do better in an emergency 1 game setting right now, Bortles or John Elway. Either would have been better than Hinton.

Do you bet 1-10 shots at the track?

Horses? No, never. It's a sport i very rarely wager on. Likewise with huge ML favs which i'd be more inclined to parlay together to bring the odds much nearer to +100.

Going "all in" is not recommended or a sustainable longterm sports betting investment strategy.