The Ghost Of Columbia University:

brucefan

EOG Dedicated
The Ghost Of Columbia University:
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- message -->
<iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gWwGvvFeCPs" frameBorder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Can anyone explain this? This is crazy? Our Presidents whole life is one big lie

Yes, we have a fraud in the white house.

tank

EOG Dedicated
Re: The Ghost Of Columbia University:

Ghost of Columbia- Part II: Legendary Columbia Professor Never Heard of Obama:+clueless

http://www.theblaze.com/contributio...dary-columbia-professor-never-heard-of-obama/

Im sure he did get a degree, but what did he do to get it? Why are his records sealed? How could so many people have no clue who he was or ever remember him from school?
His records are not sealed and their is no proof that they are.No President released theirs and the only reason Bush's were was because they were leaked and not given out by him willingly.
I graduated High School with 150 kids and did not know over half of them and in College it was over 2,000 kids and did not know over 95% of them .So you are going to tell me a College with thousands more students and a select few you ask don't know somebody is shocking ?????WOW!!

Let me guess ....his roommate was a government plant??Maybe he doesn't exist??
http://www.college.columbia.edu/cct/jan_feb09/alumni_corner#.UbTu6Oc3ud8

His records are not sealed and their is no proof that they are.No President released theirs and the only reason Bush's were was because they were leaked and not given out by him willingly.
I graduated High School with 150 kids and did not know over half of them and in College it was over 2,000 kids and did not know over 95% of them .So you are going to tell me a College with thousands more students and a select few you ask don't know somebody is shocking ?????WOW!!

Let me guess ....his roommate was a government plant??Maybe he doesn't exist??
http://www.college.columbia.edu/cct/jan_feb09/alumni_corner#.UbTu6Oc3ud8

I believe you’re mistaken.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/28/obama-ducks-calls-to-release-his-collegiate-transc/

If you have information to the contrary please post it, I’d be interested in reading it.
:cheers

tank

EOG Dedicated

I believe you?re mistaken.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/28/obama-ducks-calls-to-release-his-collegiate-transc/

If you have information to the contrary please post it, I?d be interested in reading it.
:cheers
No you are mistaken.When records are sealed it takes a COURT ORDER to do so.None exist anywhere and his records are not sealed.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974

The majority of politicians use this and hardly ever release college records because you have nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing so.

Just because he does not want to release them does not mean they are sealed like this smear suggests.

Police investigator Mike Zullo says schools can't release any records, but there is a clearing service law enforcement has access to that verifies whether someone has a degree or not. Those records show "Obama" (the guy with four aliases -- clue number 1) was a student at Columbia from 1981-1983. The 1980-1981 year was missing. After Zullo contacted the school, Columbia issued a statement that they "made a mistake", then went in cleared their computers and re-entered the information to match the database. This is all documented.

So big surprise, surprise... nobody remembers "Barry Soetoro", including the main polisci prof at Columbia who would have taught him, nor do any of the 150 students who would have had "Harry Bounel" in their class. I mean, its not like having gone to school with the current (faux) president is a big deal or anything right?

Every document associated with the Crime of the Century has an "error", "misprint" or "anomaly" explained away by the mindless contemptible Obots and their complicit lamestream media.

And yet...more and more people are waking up and speaking out.

Here is a photo of "Obama's" prom, released by Team Kenyan a few weeks back when they were getting rocked by scandals and the Cold Case Posse was meeting with several members of Congress. Another bone for the lapdog media and their low-info voters to prop up the fraudulent cult of Hope and Change:

The blonde on the right wanted the typical "safe gay guy" as her date -- and found him. :btj:

tank

EOG Dedicated

Police investigator Mike Zullo says schools can't release any records, but there is a clearing service law enforcement has access to that verifies whether someone has a degree or not. Those records show "Obama" (the guy with four aliases -- clue number 1) was a student at Columbia from 1981-1983. The 1980-1981 year was missing. After Zullo contacted the school, Columbia issued a statement that they "made a mistake", then went in cleared their computers and re-entered the information to match the database. This is all documented.

So big surprise, surprise... nobody remembers "Barry Soetoro", including the main polisci prof at Columbia who would have taught him, nor do any of the 150 students who would have had "Harry Bounel" in their class. I mean, its not like having gone to school with the current (faux) president is a big deal or anything right?

Every document associated with the Crime of the Century has an "error", "misprint" or "anomaly" explained away by the mindless contemptible Obots and their complicit lamestream media.

And yet...more and more people are waking up and speaking out.
:LMAO:LMAOPure bullshit another LIE from Zullo!!I am shocked I tell you !!
A clearing service that law enforcement has access too!!:LMAO:LMAO
Golly Zullo please explain to us why law enforcement would have access to that pie in the sky fantasy scenario anyway???:LMAO
How brain dead does someone have to be to buy this idiotic shit ??Unreal!!

tank

EOG Dedicated

Here is a photo of "Obama's" prom, released by Team Kenyan a few weeks back when they were getting rocked by scandals and the Cold Case Posse was meeting with several members of Congress. Another bone for the lapdog media and their low-info voters to prop up the fraudulent cult of Hope and Change:

The blonde on the right wanted the typical "safe gay guy" as her date -- and found him. :btj:
Yep!!A white women with a Negro!!That had to have burned some boys up!!Let's just say he was gay though and pretend nothing happened between them though okay?:LMAO

:LMAO:LMAOPure bullshit another LIE from Zullo!!I am shocked I tell you !!
A clearing service that law enforcement has access too!!:LMAO:LMAO
Golly Zullo please explain to us why law enforcement would have access to that pie in the sky fantasy scenario anyway???:LMAO
How brain dead does someone have to be to buy this idiotic shit ??Unreal!!

There's only one professional bullshit LIAR, and it ain't Zullo.

So was he lying now or back now? :+clueless

How come even his polisci prof can't remember him at Columbia? :+clueless

No you are mistaken.When records are sealed it takes a COURT ORDER to do so.None exist anywhere and his records are not sealed.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974

The majority of politicians use this and hardly ever release college records because you have nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing so.

Just because he does not want to release them does not mean they are sealed like this smear suggests.

With all due respect tank, that’s just spin.

And bad spin to boot.

tank

EOG Dedicated

With all due respect tank, that’s just spin.

And bad spin to boot.
So you are saying the FEDERAL FAMILY EDUCATIONAL ACT that was passed in 1974 is all spin?? Let me try the birther method on you and how about you PROVE that their is a court order that sealed Obama's college records.Very easy for anyone to do so you should have no problem producing it, just never mind the other 400 wacko's that tried and failed to do so.It's all one big conspiracy is all you have to keep telling yourself and when the facts don't support your latest fantasies just move on to the next one huh ?Unreal how no one uses common sense anymore and how easy it is to verify facts from fiction yet people still buy this shit . Yeah I will wait for proof of that court order that sealed his college records but I am sure that will just be another conspiracy theory with some birther salt added to it?

Meet Professor Henry Graff, perhaps the most legendary and honored professor ever at Columbia University. He was THE American History and Diplomatic History professor at Columbia for 46 years. And he is more emphatic than yours truly that there are no Obama footprints at Columbia.

I was put on Professor Graff’s trail by another Columbia classmate, skeptical about Obama’s story. He told me that Professor Graff had been the speaker for the Class of ’53 last weekend at Columbia. My friend was watching Graff answer questions from the crowd when he was asked about Obama at Columbia. Graff said, “I have my doubts he ever went here.”

I did some digging and located Graff’s home phone number. I called him yesterday. Now retired, he was delighted to hear from me. He agreed to go on the record about Obama. Unlike Obama, Professor Graff clearly remembered me. He was thrilled to hear from his former student. I was in several of Graff’s classes and he remembered me like it was yesterday. He sounded great- like he hasn’t lost any of his trademark sharpness in 30 years since we last met.

I was honored to learn that this legendary historian has been following my political career for many years. But he had no such cheery things to say about the President. Graff said, “I taught at Columbia for 46 years. I taught every significant American politician that ever studied at Columbia. I know them all. I’m proud of them all. Between American History and Diplomatic History, one way or another, they all had to come through my classes. Not Obama. I never had a student with that name in any of my classes. I never met him, never saw him, never heard of him.”

Even more importantly, Professor Graff knew the other history and political science professors. “None of the other Columbia professors knew him either” said Graff.

Graff concluded our interview by saying, “I’m very upset by the whole story. I am angry when I hear Obama called ‘the first President of the United States from Columbia University.’ I don’t consider him a Columbia student. I have no idea what he did on the Columbia campus. No one knows him.”

Spin that. :pop:

tank

EOG Dedicated

Meet Professor Henry Graff, perhaps the most legendary and honored professor ever at Columbia University. He was THE American History and Diplomatic History professor at Columbia for 46 years. And he is more emphatic than yours truly that there are no Obama footprints at Columbia.

I was put on Professor Graff’s trail by another Columbia classmate, skeptical about Obama’s story. He told me that Professor Graff had been the speaker for the Class of ’53 last weekend at Columbia. My friend was watching Graff answer questions from the crowd when he was asked about Obama at Columbia. Graff said, “I have my doubts he ever went here.”

I did some digging and located Graff’s home phone number. I called him yesterday. Now retired, he was delighted to hear from me. He agreed to go on the record about Obama. Unlike Obama, Professor Graff clearly remembered me. He was thrilled to hear from his former student. I was in several of Graff’s classes and he remembered me like it was yesterday. He sounded great- like he hasn’t lost any of his trademark sharpness in 30 years since we last met.

I was honored to learn that this legendary historian has been following my political career for many years. But he had no such cheery things to say about the President. Graff said, “I taught at Columbia for 46 years. I taught every significant American politician that ever studied at Columbia. I know them all. I’m proud of them all. Between American History and Diplomatic History, one way or another, they all had to come through my classes. Not Obama. I never had a student with that name in any of my classes. I never met him, never saw him, never heard of him.”

Even more importantly, Professor Graff knew the other history and political science professors. “None of the other Columbia professors knew him either” said Graff.

Graff concluded our interview by saying, “I’m very upset by the whole story. I am angry when I hear Obama called ‘the first President of the United States from Columbia University.’ I don’t consider him a Columbia student. I have no idea what he did on the Columbia campus. No one knows him.”

Spin that. :pop:
This looks so legit Joe won't even post the link where it came from.Butterdzilla or birther tard daily??:pop:

tank

EOG Dedicated

According to Columbia each class has on average 60 students per class and each Professor has 5 to 6 classes per semester, so out of 300 to 360 students per semester you are telling me he knows everyone of those students????:LMAO:LMAOIn one years time you possibly have 600 to 900 students per year and this guy knows every single one of them [and according to Wayne Root he remembers him]:LMAO
See Dave....to be a birther all you need is accusations and zero proof and just move on to the next one when it blows up in your face.Unreal.
BTW Joe they tried this smear back in 2012 so why are you rehashing these??Can't find any new accusations in birther world??Come on ...I know , their has to be a professor at Harvard that does not remember him.Yeah, yeah that one has to work huh?:LMAO

tank

EOG Dedicated

Joe we have a problem here.I cannot find anyone who remembers Wayne Root going to Columbia can you?Nobody has ever said they remember Wayne Root from Columbia??FRAUD!!HE NEVER ATTENDED COLUMBIA!!Show me some people that said they remember Root from Columbia!!
See Dave....it's easy being a birther.Wild ass accusations and no proof to back them is all you need.
But hey damnit since we cannot find anyone who remembers Root at Columbia then this means he never went there.That 91 year old Professor Graff doesn't count since supposedly Root is the only one claiming he said that and since no one else is saying they remember Root there at Columbia...well how do you like the birther card I am playing??:LMAOPlaying birther is so easy a caveman can do it.

tank

EOG Dedicated

http://reason.com/archives/2008/09/05/wayne-allyn-roots-million-doll/1
Root: Don’t have any theories. I don’t know. Don’t know why. Kept to himself…. The only thing I could even imagine is that he talks in his biographies about being, you know, his identity crisis, his “am I black or am I white?”
He chose black. And he hung out with a couple of black kids and never went near anybody and his wife? That’s the only thing I can think of.
All my buddies are white, what can I tell you! They don’t know him, nobody’s ever seen him, I don’t know what to tell you.
Other guy: That’s the era.
Root: That’s the era. I mean, when I went to Columbia, the black kids were all at like tables going “Black Power!” We used to walk by and go, “What the hell are they talking about.” And they didn’t associate with us and we didn’t associate with them.
So if you track down a couple of black students, they’ll probably know him.
But nobody white’s ever heard of this guy.

More from the same article
And so my answer is, has America really been unfair to minorities? No it hasn’t.
It was unfair to me. A white butcher’s kid, whose father had no money, but nobody gave me a break. And do I have a chip on my shoulder? You’re damn right I do.
And I represent millions and millions of poor people in this country who weren’t lucky enough to be poor and black, they were unlucky enough to be poor and white, and they can’t get into Harvard.
We have seen this before- angry white man- blaming Obama for why he didn’t get into Harvard.
Why didn’t I think of that? It wasn’t me- it was those lucky poor blacks who are to blame for me not getting into Harvard!

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

tank

EOG Dedicated

:LMAO:LMAO
#73 | Jim Davidson | May 17th, 2010 at 12:45 pm: “Well, now we have another problem. You see, I met Wayne Root in Topeka, Kansas (at the zoo) for the Kansas state Libertarian Party convention. And I informed him that I met Barack Obama at Columbia University when we were both students there in Spring 1983. So Wayne is lying when he asserts, “No one I know from Columbia University has ever met or heard of a classmate named Barack Obama or Barry Sotero.”
“He’s lying because he knows that I met Barack Obama and he’s lying because I told Wayne about it. Since May 2008 Wayne has also known that I was a student at Columbia University 1981-1985
It may be shocking to contemplate- but Root may be a big fat liar.

tank

EOG Dedicated

And look at this, they even have him graduating in 83 for not even attending there according to Root!!
http://www.scribd.com/doc/102860164/columbia-program-1983

BTW you can notice they even misspelled Root's name or is that because Root changed his name because he is hiding something right??Come on I am going to play my birther card here and say Root changed his name to hide something from his past!That just has to be it!!What a wonderful birther world we live in.

This looks so legit Joe won't even post the link where it came from.Butterdzilla or birther tard daily??:pop:

You can smear sources and individuals till your hearts content.

It won't change the facts.

Nobody remembers the Kenyan.

Nobody believes the world's greatest con anymore.

"I taught every significant politician that ever studied at Columbia. Between American History and Diplomatic History, one way or another, they all had to come through my classes. Not Obama. I never had a student with that name in any of my classes. I never met him, never saw him, never heard of him.

"None of the other Columbia professors knew him either."

“I am angry when I hear Obama called ‘the first President of the United States from Columbia University,’” he said. “I don’t consider him a Columbia student. I have no idea what he did on the Columbia campus. No one knows him."

Graff is the recipient of the Kaul Foundation Award of Excellence in the field of education, an honor that is tied to a prize of $100,000. He is the author of multiple books and is known for teaching the first course on the history of the Presidency.

tank

EOG Dedicated

You can smear sources and individuals till your hearts content.

It won't change the facts.

Nobody remembers the Kenyan.

Nobody believes the world's greatest con anymore.
See this is the birther mind.If Root say's so then that is considered a fact and the 91 year old professor that only Root ''claims'' to have talked too makes it legit.
Are the people that have gone on record and said they remember him from Columbia liars in the birther world ??What about the graduating class program that lists him as graduating from there in 83??Another lie I am sure in birther world right?When real facts and logic are presented the birthers just move on to another idiotic smear and lie .
Let's see how the lying troll spins this......

Lennard Davis, Assistant Professor (Now Professor at University of Illinois at Chicago)
In the spring of 1983, I was Barack Obama's professor at Columbia University. Barack, or Barry as he was known then, was a senior in my class on "The Novel and Ideology." I understand from reliable sources that he liked the class and was intrigued by what I was teaching.
Michael L. Baron, Professor of Political Science
One person who did remember Mr. Obama was Michael L. Baron, who taught a senior seminar on international politics and American policy. Mr. Baron, now president of an electronics company in Florida, said he was Mr. Obama’s adviser on the senior thesis for that course. Mr. Baron, who later wrote Mr. Obama a recommendation for Harvard Law School, gave him an A in the course.
Columbia was a hotbed for discussion of foreign policy, Mr. Baron said. The faculty included Zbigniew Brzezinski, the former national security adviser, and Zalmay Khalilzad, now the American ambassador to the United Nations. Half of the eight students in the seminar were outstanding, and Mr. Obama was among them, Mr. Baron said.
In 1983, as a senior at Columbia in New York, Barack Obama enrolled in an intense, eight-student honors seminar called American Foreign Policy. His former professor, Michael Baron, recalled in an interview with NBC News that Obama easily aced the year-long class. But Baron says he never had any inkling that the gangly senior would scale such heights.
“You wouldn’t say, ‘Oh, he’s going to be secretary of state or president someday’,” Baron said. Obama was whip smart and “clearly one of the top one or two students in the class,” he said, but Obama’s seven classmates also could hold their own. “No real dolts in the class,” Baron remembered.
Twenty-five years later, Baron is president of a digital-media company in Florida and has hung up his professorial tweeds for good. He had saved Obama’s senior paper for years, and even hunted for it again this month in some boxes. But he said his search was fruitless, and he now thinks he tossed it out eight years ago during a move.
Baron described the paper as a “thesis” or “senior thesis” in several interviews, and said that Obama spent a year working on it. Baron recalls that the topic was nuclear negotiations with the Soviet Union.
“My recollection is that the paper was an analysis of the evolution of the arms reduction negotiations between the Soviet Union and the United States,” Baron said in an e-mail. “At that time, a hot topic in foreign policy circles was finding a way in which each country could safely reduce the large arsenal of nuclear weapons pointed at the other … For U.S. policy makers in both political parties, the aim was not disarmament, but achieving deep reductions in the Soviet nuclear arsenal and keeping a substantial and permanent American advantage. As I remember it, the paper was about those negotiations, their tactics and chances for success. Barack got an A.”
Baron said that, even if he could find a copy of the paper, it would likely disappoint Obama’s critics. “The course was not a polemical course, it was a course in decision making and how decisions got made,” he said. “None of the papers in the class were controversial.”
So would it provide any political ammunition today? “I don’t think it would at all,” Baron said. “It wasn’t a position paper; it was an analysis of decision-making.”
Baron acknowledges that he’s a big Obama supporter. He wrote a letter of recommendation for his former student when Obama applied to Harvard Law School. And, Federal Election Commission records show, the former professor has donated $1,250 to Obama’s presidential campaign.
“People assume he’s a novice,” said Michael L. Baron, who taught Mr. Obama in a Columbia seminar on international politics and American policy around the time he wrote the Sundial article. “He’s been thinking about these issues for a long time. It’s not like one of his advisers said, ‘Why don’t you throw this out?’ ”
In a paper for Dr. Baron, Mr. Obama analyzed how a president might go about negotiating nuclear arms reductions with the Russians — exactly what he is seeking to do this week.

PBS DOCUMENTARY PRODUCERS FIND NO EVIDENCE OBAMA ATTENDED COLUMBIA

http://thedailypen.blogspot.ca/2012/10/pbs-documentary-producers-find-no.html

“I DIDN’T CONSIDER HIM AMERICAN” – Interviewing several people from Obama’s past, producers of “The Choice” documentary about the coming 2012 election find it inexplicable that there are no Columbia classmates who can attest to Obama’s attendance there.

By Dan Crosby
of The Daily Pen

updated 9:37 a.m. 10/15/12

NEW YORK, NY - A recent documentary about the life of Barack Obama broadcast on PBS’ “Frontline” called “The Choice 2012” presents a variety of testimony from alleged classmates of Obama during their mutual attendance of Occidental College and Harvard University.

However, when the producers attempted to film a segment about Obama’s attendance at Columbia University, they were unable to locate even one of Obama’s classmates from the New York-based University and, instead, recorded an interview with an alleged “roommate” who shared a rundown New York apartment with Obama.

Tank logic: PBS are 'birthers'! :doh1

I guess they didn't look hard enough, just like everyone else! :LMAO

tank

EOG Dedicated

“I DIDN’T CONSIDER HIM AMERICAN” – Interviewing several people from Obama’s past, producers of “The Choice” documentary about the coming 2012 election find it inexplicable that there are no Columbia classmates who can attest to Obama’s attendance there.

By Dan Crosby
of The Daily Pen

updated 9:37 a.m. 10/15/12

NEW YORK, NY - A recent documentary about the life of Barack Obama broadcast on PBS’ “Frontline” called “The Choice 2012” presents a variety of testimony from alleged classmates of Obama during their mutual attendance of Occidental College and Harvard University.

However, when the producers attempted to film a segment about Obama’s attendance at Columbia University, they were unable to locate even one of Obama’s classmates from the New York-based University and, instead, recorded an interview with an alleged “roommate” who shared a rundown New York apartment with Obama.

Tank logic: PBS are 'birthers'! :doh1

I guess they didn't look hard enough, just like everyone else! :LMAO
:LMAOPsttt Joe...it's not PBS IT IS the idiots that tried to produce this idiot shit.WOW this is hard and I am glad I could help you with this EASY task!!:LMAO
New York: Columbia University

OFFICIAL SOURCES:
Brian Connolly, Columbia Spokesman
A spokesman for the university, Brian Connolly, confirmed that Mr. Obama spent two years at Columbia College and graduated in 1983 with a major in political science. He did not receive honors, Mr. Connolly said, though specific information on his grades is sealed. A program from the 1983 graduation ceremony lists him as a graduate.
Robert Hornsby, Columbia Spokesman
School spokesman Robert Hornsby told WND that federal law limits the release of information about a student, but he could confirm that "Barack Obama applied for and was granted admission to Columbia College as a transfer student in 1981. He enrolled for the fall term of that year as a political science major. With the conclusion of the spring semester of 1983, Obama completed the requirements for a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and graduated with his class."
Columbia University Directory

Columbia University Class of 1983 Graduation Program (added 6/19/2012)
"The image [to the left] --never before released--is from public records at Columbia University that prove that Obama did, in fact, graduate in 1983 from the Ivy League school. Contrary to some conspiracy theories, Obama was a student within the Faculty of Arts and Sciences--not the less selective, “nontraditional” Columbia University School of General Studies (which only merged with the Faculty of Arts and Sciences in 1990)." From Breitbart.com
Some birthers have questioned why Obama is listed at the end. It's alphabetical by last name. It also shows that he didn't attend under the name "Barry Soetoro", another claim.

FELLOW STUDENTS
Phil Boerner, Classmate and Roommate
I was Barack Obama ’83’s roommate at Columbia College in fall 1981.... We both transferred from Oxy to Columbia infall 1981. Barack had found an apartment on West 109th Street, between Amsterdam and Columbus [Video of apartment as it looks now], and suggested that I room with him. Our sublet was a third-story walk-up in a so-so neighborhood; the unit next door was burned out and vacant. The doorbell didn’t work; to be let in when I first arrived I had to yell up to Barack from the street. It was a railroad apartment: From the kitchen, you walked into Barack’s room, then my room, and lastly the living room. We didn’t have a television or computers. In that apartment we hosted a number of visitors, mostly friends from Oxy who stayed overnight when they were passing through town. Barack was very generous to these visitors. As a host and roommate, he sometimes did the shopping and cooked the chicken curry.

Barack has said that he spent a lot of time in the library while at Columbia and one reason
for this was that our apartment had irregular heat, and we didn’t enjoy hanging out there once the weather got cold. The radiators in our apartment were either stone cold, or, less often, blasted out such intense heat that we had to open the windows and let in freezing air just to cool things down. When the heat wasn’t on, we sometimes sat with sleeping bags or blankets wrapped around ourselves and read our school books. We also didn’t have regular hot water and sometimes used the Columbia gym for showers.

I remember often eating breakfast with Barack at Tom’s Restaurant on Broadway. Occasionally we went to The West End for beers. We enjoyed exploring museums such as the Guggenheim, the Met and the American Museum of Natural History, and browsing in bookstores such as the Strand and the Barnes & Noble opposite Columbia. We both liked taking long walks down Broadway on a Sunday afternoon, and listening to the silence of Central Park after a big snow. I also remember jogging the loop around Central Park with Barack.
One weekend I invited Barack to meet my grandparents, Elizabeth and William Lytton Payne ’46 GSAS, at their summer place in the Catskills, which we called “the farm.” I took Barack to meet some neighbors on the mountain; everyone seemed to like him pretty well, whether they were die-hard supporters of Ronald Reagan or extreme liberals. While at the farm, Barack joined the routines there, which typically included a few morning hours doing chores, such as clearing brush and sawing firewood.
After that first semester, we had to move. Barack tried to find an apartment for both of us, but was only able to find a studio for himself. I was able to house-sit in Brooklyn Heights. Barack and other friends came and visited me there a few times; we typically watched pro basketball or football on TV, or went out for dinner at a Chinese restaurant. He was amused by my beginning banjo playing (I’m much better today!). Hanging out, we could get pretty emotional about sports, food and injustice. I remember one time when we were out walking he took the time to ask a homeless guy how he was doing, so even then he was concerned about others.
Through different living arrangements in Astoria, Queens; Bay Ridge, Brooklyn; and all over Manhattan, we stayed in touch and remained friends for the rest of our college years. He got to know my girlfriend from Arkansas, who is now my wife. Since I last saw him in 1985, we have exchanged a few letters and photos. He left for Chicago, and I eventually settled in Sacramento.
Barack wasn’t thinking about becoming President when he was in college; he wanted to be a writer. Barack is a good man — some might even call him a saint for tolerating my beginning banjo playing. Based on my six years of knowing him in college and the years immediately after, I can vouch that Barack is a man of character, and I trust him to do the right things when he is President.
According to Phil Boerner, Obama’s roommate, friend and fellow transfer, Obama transferred from Occidental to CU because: “we [Boerner and Obama] felt like we were in a groove and we wanted life to be more difficult…Obama used to tell his friends that he wanted to go somewhere where the weather was cold and miserable so that he would be forced to spend his days indoors reading.”
Obama took a a course on modern fiction with the late fabled Edward Said. He was underwhelmed. [Author David] Remnick writes, “And yet Said’s theoretical approach left Obama cold. ‘My whole thing, and Barack had a similar view, was that we would rather read Shakespeare’s plays than the criticism,’ Boerner said. ‘Said was more interested in the literary theory, which didn’t appeal to Barack or me.’ Obama referred to Said as a ‘flake.’”
Obama lived at 142 West 109th and Amsterdam with Boerner. Their monthly rent was $360. Remnick writes that, “the apartment’s charms included spotty heat, irregular hot water, and a railroad-flat layout. They adjusted, using the showers at the Columbia gym and camping out for long hours in Butler library.” Um, POTUS…they’re just like us!
Mr. Obama, who ultimately made Chicago, and now Washington, his home, enjoyed his New York years, Mr. Boerner recalls. Museums. Jogging in the park. Breakfasts at Tom’s on Broadway, not yet the celebrated hangout of Jerry Seinfeld and George Costanza.
“I miss New York and the people in it,” he would write Mr. Boerner a few years after they graduated. “The subways, the feel of Manhattan streets, the view downtown from the Brooklyn Bridge.”
The apartment they shared, however, took some getting used to, Mr. Boerner recalled: 3E at 142 West 109th Street, a five-story building between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues. The apartment had no interior doors, just archways, and Mr. Boerner had to walk through Mr. Obama’s room to reach his own. Hot water was scarce, and the two young men often showered at the Columbia gym. “It had a bathtub but no shower, just one of those plastic shower things that works ineffectively,’’ said Mr. Boerner...
When they lived together, Mr. Boerner said he thought Mr. Obama wanted to be a writer, not a politician.
New York was on the rebound when Mr. Obama arrived in New York. Ronald Reagan was president. Edward I. Koch was mayor and the city’s fiscal crisis had just started to abate. Life for Columbia students could be hard, however. Mr. Boerner recalls Mr. Obama wrapping himself in a green sleeping bag (seen in this photo Mr. Boerner took) to keep warm when they studied at home. They listened to reggae. Bob Marley. Peter Tosh. Talked philosophy. Theories of justice and John Rawls. Mr. Boerner recalled Mr. Obama joking that he would rather be spending his time pondering Lou Rawls, the singer.
Some nights Mr. Obama would whip up some chicken curry, a dish he learned from a Pakistani friend. Other meals were at Tom’s. “We would just go there for the breakfast special, two eggs over easy and toast,’’ said Mr. Boerner. “It was like $1.99, and we lived on a lot of bagels. They were, like, a quarter then, but they expanded in your stomach.’’
Though the two men stayed in touch, the housing arrangement ended that winter. Mr. Boerner thinks the leaseholder took the apartment back. Mr. Obama recalled in his memoir giving up the place “for lack of heat.’’
His letters to Mr. Boerner reflected the wistfulness of all expatriate New Yorkers. “I am still amazed when I think of what we put up with there,” he wrote Mr. Boerner in October 1986. “Still, I think you’ll find you miss it once you’ve been gone awhile.”
Sohale Siddiqi, Classmate and Roommate
The way Sohale Siddiqi remembers it, he and his old roommate were walking his pug Charlie on Broadway when a large, scary bum approached them, stomping on the ground near the dog's head.
This was in the 1980s, a time when New York was a fearful place beset by drugs and crime, when the street smart knew that the best way to handle the city's derelicts was to avoid them entirely. But Siddiqi was angry and he confronted the bum, who approached him menacingly.
Until his skinny, Ivy League-educated friend — Barack Obama — intervened.
He "stepped right in between. ... He planted his face firmly in the face of the guy. 'Hey, hey, hey.' And the guy backpedaled and we kept walking," Siddiqi recalls.

There was a time before Obama wore tailored suits — when his wardrobe consisted of $5 military-surplus khakis and used leather jackets, and he walked the streets of Manhattan for lack of bus fare. It was a time well before the political arena beckoned, when his friends thought he might become a writer or a lawyer, but certainly not the first black man with a real chance to become president of the United States.

When Obama arrived in New York, he already knew Siddiqi — a friend of [Occidental Classmates] Chandoo's and Hamid's from Karachi who had visited Los Angeles. Looking back, Siddiqi acknowledges that he and Obama were an odd couple. Siddiqi would mock Obama's idealism — he just wanted to make a lot of money and buy things, while Obama wanted to help the poor.
"At that age, I thought he was a saint and a square, and he took himself too seriously," Siddiqi said. "I would ask him why he was so serious. He was genuinely concerned with the plight of the poor. He'd give me lectures, which I found very boring. He must have found me very irritating."
Siddiqi offered the most expansive account of Obama as a young man.
"We were both very lost. We were both alienated, although he might not put it that way. He arrived disheveled and without a place to stay," said Siddiqi, who at the time worked as a waiter and as a salesman at a boutique.
In about 1982, Siddiqi and Obama got an apartment at a sixth-floor walkup on East 94th Street. Siddiqi managed to get the apartment thanks to subterfuge.
"We didn't have a chance in hell of getting this apartment unless we fabricated the lease application," Siddiqi said.
Siddiqi fudged his credentials, saying he had a high-paying job at a catering company, but Obama "wanted no part of it. He put down the truth."
While Obama has acknowledged using marijuana and cocaine during high school in Hawai'i, he writes in the memoir that he stopped using soon after his arrival in New York. His roommate had no such scruples.
But Siddiqi says that during their time together here, Obama always refused his offers of drugs.
Siddiqi says Obama was a follower of comedian-activist Dick Gregory's vegetarian diet. "I think self-deprivation was his schtick, denying himself pleasure, good food and all of that."
Siddiqi said his female friends thought Obama was "a hunk."
"We were always competing," he said. "You know how it is. You go to a bar and you try hitting on the girls. He had a lot more success. I wouldn't out-compete him in picking up girls, that's for sure."
Finally, their relationship started to fray. "I was partying all the time. I was disrupting his studies," Siddiqi said. Obama moved out.
---
Sohale Siddiqi, his real name, confirmed Mr. Obama’s account that he turned serious in New York and “stopped getting high.” ... What can be said with some certainty is that Mr. Obama lived off campus while at Columbia in 1981-83 and made few friends.

Michael J. Wolf, Classmate
Michael J. Wolf, who took the seminar with him and went on to become president of MTV Networks, said: “He was very smart. He had a broad sense of international politics and international relations. It was a class with a lot of debate. He was a very, very active participant. I think he was truly distinctive from the other people in that class. He stood out.”
Michael Ackerman, Classmate
A young man with a red backpack often lingered outside the International Affairs Building. He was a commuter student, so he typically arrived early, but the door to his Modern Political Movements class was always locked until the last minute. His classmate, Michael Ackerman, CC ’84, always forgot whether his name was Barry or Barack. He knew that “Barak” means “thunder” in Hebrew, but Ackerman didn’t think he looked Jewish. Ackerman said he found his fellow political science major “charming,” but the two remained only casual acquaintances.
Barack Obama, CC ’83, was “almost chameleon-like, spy-like, slipped in and out,” Ackerman recalled. “He tried to keep to himself.”
According to Ackerman, who is now a lawyer in California, Obama sometimes played pick-up games of basketball and went to a few meetings of the Black Students Organization, but “he didn’t really hang out much” and kept his nose in the books. “At that time, a lot of commuters at Columbia weren’t as involved as people who lived on campus,” Ackerman said.
Jim Davidson, Classmate
... I met Barack Obama at Columbia University when we were both students there in Spring 1983... I was a student at Columbia University 1981-1985.
Not only did I meet and talk with Barack Obama at some length, he wrote an essay that was published in The Sundial magazine on campus in 1983. Over the byline “Barack Obama” is a discussion of the anti-war groups on campus, including Students Against Militarism, a group I was a member of. (I was also a member of Young Americans for Freedom.)...
So, in summary, I was a student at Columbia, I met Barack Obama, I knew he was a student, and he and I talked, among other things, about my involvement in Students Against Militarism, my discomfort with its connection to Maoists and Stalinists on campus, and my favourite hat with political buttons all over it.
Cathie M. Currie, Graduate Student
"I knew [Obama] while he was [at Columbia]. He was remarkable then, but not in the way that most people think of as "remarkable." He was not trying to be noticed — he was studious and thoughtful. I said of him: "Whatever Barack decides to do for a career, he will be the best at it." When he left our group he was often on his way to a library."
"We played soccer on the lawn in front of Butler — I was usually the only woman playing and he treated me as equally as the others: if I was open, he sent the ball into the space in front of me, if I wasn’t open — he never made the silly passes that some men did to try to act like they were being egalitarian. The "into the space" passing was consistent — he was a superior strategist — and many of us had been college or semi-pro players. We always wanted him on our team."
"After games we had discussions — and we found that the same thoughtfulness of play was evident in his thinking about policy and social issues. He was a serious guy, but always had a ready laugh or twinkle in his eye."
"I was doing my Ph.D. — I assumed he was a fellow grad student. When I saw him on television at the Democratic Convention I was only surprised that I knew him, but entirely not surprised at his achievement."
"The people who are making these claims, Fox et al, do not understand Columbia. I recently told a father of a current student that he should visit the campus on a warm Friday night to see the school environment that is uniquely CU — it is the same as when I studied there: hundreds of us sitting on the library steps doing school work on laptops."
Currie isn't surprised that he was not widely-remembered by fellow Columbia classmates. "My sense of it was that he was keeping a low profile," Currie said.
He seemed like someone who had made a decision to prioritize his studies, she said. "We'd ask him to go out with us for beers after soccer," she said. "He seemed like he wanted to, but then he'd step back and say, 'Sorry, I'm going to the library.'"
Jonathan Zimmerman '83, Classmate (Added 8/10/2012)
Would he attend his thirtieth next year? Obama’s classmate Jonathan Zimmerman, director of the History of Education Program at New York University, who remembers the president from a sociology class taught by Andrew Walder, hopes so. “I’ve never been to a reunion,” he said. “But if that guy says he’s going, I’m going!”

FACULTY

Lennard Davis, Assistant Professor (Now Professor at University of Illinois at Chicago)
In the spring of 1983, I was Barack Obama's professor at Columbia University. Barack, or Barry as he was known then, was a senior in my class on "The Novel and Ideology." I understand from reliable sources that he liked the class and was intrigued by what I was teaching.
Michael L. Baron, Professor of Political Science
One person who did remember Mr. Obama was Michael L. Baron, who taught a senior seminar on international politics and American policy. Mr. Baron, now president of an electronics company in Florida, said he was Mr. Obama’s adviser on the senior thesis for that course. Mr. Baron, who later wrote Mr. Obama a recommendation for Harvard Law School, gave him an A in the course.
Columbia was a hotbed for discussion of foreign policy, Mr. Baron said. The faculty included Zbigniew Brzezinski, the former national security adviser, and Zalmay Khalilzad, now the American ambassador to the United Nations. Half of the eight students in the seminar were outstanding, and Mr. Obama was among them, Mr. Baron said.
In 1983, as a senior at Columbia in New York, Barack Obama enrolled in an intense, eight-student honors seminar called American Foreign Policy. His former professor, Michael Baron, recalled in an interview with NBC News that Obama easily aced the year-long class. But Baron says he never had any inkling that the gangly senior would scale such heights.
“You wouldn’t say, ‘Oh, he’s going to be secretary of state or president someday’,” Baron said. Obama was whip smart and “clearly one of the top one or two students in the class,” he said, but Obama’s seven classmates also could hold their own. “No real dolts in the class,” Baron remembered.
Twenty-five years later, Baron is president of a digital-media company in Florida and has hung up his professorial tweeds for good. He had saved Obama’s senior paper for years, and even hunted for it again this month in some boxes. But he said his search was fruitless, and he now thinks he tossed it out eight years ago during a move.
Baron described the paper as a “thesis” or “senior thesis” in several interviews, and said that Obama spent a year working on it. Baron recalls that the topic was nuclear negotiations with the Soviet Union.
“My recollection is that the paper was an analysis of the evolution of the arms reduction negotiations between the Soviet Union and the United States,” Baron said in an e-mail. “At that time, a hot topic in foreign policy circles was finding a way in which each country could safely reduce the large arsenal of nuclear weapons pointed at the other … For U.S. policy makers in both political parties, the aim was not disarmament, but achieving deep reductions in the Soviet nuclear arsenal and keeping a substantial and permanent American advantage. As I remember it, the paper was about those negotiations, their tactics and chances for success. Barack got an A.”
Baron said that, even if he could find a copy of the paper, it would likely disappoint Obama’s critics. “The course was not a polemical course, it was a course in decision making and how decisions got made,” he said. “None of the papers in the class were controversial.”
So would it provide any political ammunition today? “I don’t think it would at all,” Baron said. “It wasn’t a position paper; it was an analysis of decision-making.”
Baron acknowledges that he’s a big Obama supporter. He wrote a letter of recommendation for his former student when Obama applied to Harvard Law School. And, Federal Election Commission records show, the former professor has donated $1,250 to Obama’s presidential campaign.
“People assume he’s a novice,” said Michael L. Baron, who taught Mr. Obama in a Columbia seminar on international politics and American policy around the time he wrote the Sundial article. “He’s been thinking about these issues for a long time. It’s not like one of his advisers said, ‘Why don’t you throw this out?’ ”
In a paper for Dr. Baron, Mr. Obama analyzed how a president might go about negotiating nuclear arms reductions with the Russians — exactly what he is seeking to do this week.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO​

tank

EOG Dedicated

Michael J. Wolf, Classmate
Michael J. Wolf, who took the seminar with him and went on to become president of MTV Networks, said: “He was very smart. He had a broad sense of international politics and international relations. It was a class with a lot of debate. He was a very, very active participant. I think he was truly distinctive from the other people in that class. He stood out.”
Waiting for Joe's birther brain to call the president of MTV a liar or fraud would be icing on the cake!!
Just wait and watch the birther mind lie and spinning some more is truly a delight!

tank

EOG Dedicated

"The image [to the left] --never before released--is from public records at Columbia University that prove that Obama did, in fact, graduate in 1983 from the Ivy League school. Contrary to some conspiracy theories, Obama was a student within the Faculty of Arts and Sciences--not the less selective, “nontraditional” Columbia University School of General Studies (which only merged with the Faculty of Arts and Sciences in 1990)."
And as a special treat to bitch slap the birther mind and really humiliate him......This professor Graff you and fraud Root keep saying does not remember him is because HE NEVER TAUGHT ANY CLASSES THAT OBAMA TOOK!!!:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

tank

EOG Dedicated

Dumb di doo doo a huh huh golly Gomer where did these ''producers :LMAO'' go to try and find his former classmates at?????:houraGolly I bet they tried really hard huh Joe??:lock:

In the spring of 1983, I was Barack Obama's professor at Columbia University. Barack, or Barry as he was known then, was a senior in my class on "The Novel and Ideology."

Brian Connolly, Columbia Spokesman
A spokesman for the university, Brian Connolly, confirmed that Mr. Obama spent two years at Columbia College and graduated in 1983 with a major in political science.

And yet the main polisci prof says nobody by that name ever attended any classes. No such individual existed according to all polisci students and faculty. :+clueless

There IS a difference between graduating from, and attending. I have no doubt Columbia records show "Obama" graduated, Zullo confirmed that. The concern is how he obtained his degree without having attended any classes!

Markinsac Moore is right, nothing proven...unless you consider the usual contradictory bullshit we get from the world's biggest con "proof"!

As with everything with this fraud, something stinks at Columbia!

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

I THINK TANK CAME UP WITH A MUCH MORE RICH AND COMPELLNG PORTRAIT THAN THAT GUY ON THE CHEESY VIDEO WHO ACTED LIKE A CAR SALESMAN SAYING THE SAME THNG OVER AND OVER AGAIN, TRYING TO MAKE THE SALE. ANYBODY CAN LIE, EVEN BIRTHERS!