The Peaceful Religion of Islam Says the Pope Must Die

dirty

EOG Master
The Pope must die, says Muslim

18.09.06 Add your view

A notorious Muslim extremist told a demonstration in London yesterday that the Pope should face execution.
Anjem Choudary said those who insulted Islam would be "subject to capital punishment".
Should the Pope have apologised for his remarks? Vote here
His remarks came during a protest outside Westminster Cathedral on a day that worldwide anger among Muslim hardliners towards Pope Benedict XVI appeared to deepen.
The pontiff yesterday apologised for causing offence during a lecture last week. Quoting a medieval emperor, his words were taken to mean that he called the prophet Mohammed "evil and inhuman".
He insisted he was "deeply sorry" but his humbling words did not go far enough to silence all his critics or quell the violence and anger he has triggered.
A nun was shot dead in Somalia by Islamic gunmen and churches came under attack in Palestine.
Choudary's appeal for the death of Pope Benedict was the second time he has been linked with apparent incitement to murder within a year.
The 39-year-old lawyer organised
demonstrations against the publication of cartoons of Mohammed in February in Denmark. Protesters carried placards declaring "Behead Those Who Insult Islam".
Yesterday he said: "The Muslims take their religion very seriously and non-Muslims must appreciate that and that must also understand that there may be serious consequences if you insult Islam and the prophet.
"Whoever insults the message of Mohammed is going to be subject to capital punishment."
He added: "I am here have a peaceful demonstration. But there may be people in Italy or other parts of the world who would carry that out.
"I think that warning needs to be understood by all people who want to insult Islam and want to insult the prophet of Islam."
As well as placards attacking the Pope such as "Pope go to Hell", his followers outside the country's principal Roman Catholic church also waved slogans aimed at offending the sentiments of Christians such as "Jesus is the slave of Allah".
A Scotland Yard spokesman said of his comments: "We have had no complaints about this. There were around 100 people at the demonstration. It passed off peacefully and there were no arrests."
Larger Islamic groups in Britain said they accepted the Pope's apology. Inayat Bunglawala of the Muslim Council of Britain said: "The Vatican has moved quickly to deal with the hurt and we accept that.
"It was something that should never have happened - words of that nature were always likely to cause dismay - and we believe some of the Pope's advisers may have been at fault over his speech."
Yesterday's sermon by the Pope was the first time a pontiff has publicly said sorry.
He said he regretted Muslim reaction to his speech and stressed that the quotation did not reflect his personal opinion. Anger and violence - including attacks on seven churches in the West Bank and Gaza - have characterised one of the biggest international crises involving the Vatican in decades.
The Pope appeared determined to move quickly to try to defuse the anger but the fury of many radicals was unabated last night and there were fears for his safety.
Iraqi jihadists issued a video of a scimitar slicing a cross in two, intercut with images of Benedict and the burning Twin Towers.
The website run in the name of the Mujahedeen Army, used by extremist groups who have claimed responsibility for attacks in Iraq, was addressed to "You dog of Rome" and threatened to "shake your thrones and break your crosses in your home".
In a reference to suicide bombing, it said: "We swear to God to send you people who adore death as much as you adore life."
The threat of violence against Catholics and Christians was emphasised by the murder of an Italian nun in Somalia. Sister Leonella, 66, was shot as she walked from the children's hospital where she worked to her house in Mogadishu, a city recently taken over by an Islamic government.
A Vatican spokesman said he feared her death was "the fruit of violence and irrationality arising from the current situation".
Father Frederico Lombardi said he hoped it was an isolated event. "We are worried about this wave of hatred and hope it doesn't have any grave consequences for the Church around the world," he said.
The murder suggested that extremists are determined to use the Pope's embarrassment as an excuse for violence.
In Turkey, state minister Mehmet Aydin said the Pope seemed to be saying he was sorry for the outrage but not necessarily for his remarks.
"You either have to say this, 'I'm sorry' in a proper way or not say it at all," he told reporters in Istanbul.
There were fierce denunciations of the pontiff from Iran. The English-language Tehran Times called his lecture in Bavaria last week "code words for a new crusade".
The powerful cleric Ahmad Khatami told theological students in the holy city of Qom: The "Pope should fall on his knees in front of a senior Muslim cleric and try to understand Islam."
But the Turkish government signalled it was content and that the Pope's visit to the country in November can go ahead.
In his sermon yesterday at the Papal summer residence of Castel Gandolfo outside Rome, Benedict spoke amid strengthened security.
He said: "I am deeply sorry for the reactions in some countries to a few passages of my address at the University of Regensburg, which were considered offensive to the sensibility of Muslims.
"These in fact were a quotation from a medieval text, which do not in any way express my personal thought. I hope this serves to appease hearts and to clarify the true meaning of my address."
No other Pope is thought to have made such an apology.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...ils/The+Pope+must+die,+says+Muslim/article.do

Re: The Peaceful Religion of Islam Says the Pope Must Die

Blows my mind where the Pope could get such false information about those poor Muslims! They're the closest thing to Puritans we've had in 200 years!
I don't blame them for being offended!lol
:+cluelessStarting to wonder where the level-headed Muslims are to speak out against this kind of shit! If there aren't any, then I go with KTB; Let's Nuke 'em! But don't get me wrong; just nukes, no ground troops! There's no need to get any more Americans killed for God's sake!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

You guys all laughed at me when I quoted milosevic. Now, everything he said about the muslims has proven correct. They're fanatical and brainwashed. Remind you of anybody we know in the States? LOL!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Give em pot and plenty of bongs and that will settle them down ...

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Blows my mind where the Pope could get such false information about those poor Muslims! They're the closest thing to Puritans we've had in 200 years!
I don't blame them for being offended!lol
:+cluelessStarting to wonder where the level-headed Muslims are to speak out against this kind of shit! If there aren't any, then I go with KTB; Let's Nuke 'em! But don't get me wrong; just nukes, no ground troops! There's no need to get any more Americans killed for God's sake!

there are 1.3 billion muslims in the world, just because some distort the koran, not all do. if 25 million are fanatical, that is less than 2 % of the world's population.
stop and think how many of the 2.1 billion christians in the world truly follow the new testiment.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

there are 1.3 billion muslims in the world, just because some distort the koran, not all do. if 25 million are fanatical, that is less than 2 % of the world's population.
stop and think how many of the 2.1 billion christians in the world truly follow the new testiment.
You have to admit Bob, it SEEMS about 1.2 billion of the Muslims are fanatical, it may not be so, but it sure seems that way.

Good point about the so-called Christians, as well.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Throw some 180 proof bourbon to go with them Bong Hits and I could
convert em all over to the DOC MERCER CHURCH OF LIBERALS!

dirty

EOG Master

Wanting to kill a Pope for quoting a Byzantine Empire emporer from 600 years ago is crazy..... And I agree they all deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth....Until the Peaceful ones stand up for their religion and tell the fucked up ones to stop their BS then they are Justifying everything that is going on.... GB....How many Christians are strapping Bombs to themselves and Live by the Mantra that if they don't convert they die or pay a death Tax...... comeon.....that is the most BS analagy in the world.... I agree we have christian fanatics...but be realistic here... every major conflict in the world involves Muslims..... I wonder why...

dirty

EOG Master

NOW .. IS ISLAM A PEACEFUL RELIGION Perhaps it would be instructive to look at what is happening to Pope Benedict over the past few days for an answer.
First ... just what did the Pope do? You can read the Pope's entire speech by clicking on this link. If' your not into reading Pope's speeches, I'll lift out the part that has started all of this controversy.
Pope Benedict moves into the area of his speech that has sparked the controversy with this paragraph:
"I was reminded of all this recently, when I read the edition by Professor Theodore Khoury (M?nster) of part of the dialogue carried on-- perhaps in 1391 in the winter barracks near Ankara-- by the erudite Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus and an educated Persian on the subject of Christianity and Islam, and the truth of both. It was probably the emperor himself who set down this dialogue, during the siege of Constantinople between 1394 and 1402; and this would explain why his arguments are given in greater detail than the responses of the learned Persian."
Pope Benedict then goes on to quote one particular. This is something the Byzantine emperor said to the Persian on the subject of Islam and jihad, or holy war.
"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
Now remember ... these were not the words of the Pope. These were the words of some emperor over 600 years ago. The emperor evidently thought that Islam was a violent religion, and that it was the commands of Mohammed that made it so.
So ... how do Muslims react to the Pope's revelation that a Byzantine emperor 600 years ago thought that Islam was a violent religion? Why, with violence, of course? Muslims murder a nun in Somalia. They burn churches in Gaza, and they go on their grand marches and demonstrations reminiscent of the violence they spread after that Danish cartoon mess.
And so what is the inescapable conclusion that we're left with? Islam is a violent religion. Don't take Empereor Paleologus' word for it ... just watch Muslims!
Is it just me, or does it make sense to you that if Muslims didn't want the rest of the world to consider Islam a violent religion, they wouldn't get so violent every time someone say's they're violent? Come on, folks! How hard is all this?

http://boortz.com/nuze/200609/09182006.html

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Wanting to kill a Pope for quoting a Byzantine Empire emporer from 600 years ago is crazy..... And I agree they all deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth....Until the Peaceful ones stand up for their religion and tell the fucked up ones to stop their BS then they are Justifying everything that is going on.... GB....How many Christians are strapping Bombs to themselves and Live by the Mantra that if they don't convert they die or pay a death Tax...... comeon.....that is the most BS analagy in the world.... I agree we have christian fanatics...but be realistic here... every major conflict in the world involves Muslims..... I wonder why...

yes, a lot of conflicts involve muslims, but they do comprise over a 1/5 of the world population.
i can think of many conflicts in the world without muslims. north korea, columbia and the rest of south america, sri lanka, southern africa.
the media likes to play up the christian/ moslim conflict as it sells.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

You have to admit Bob, it SEEMS about 1.2 billion of the Muslims are fanatical, it may not be so, but it sure seems that way.

Good point about the so-called Christians, as well.

it only seems that way if you watch fox news.

Bob,
I'm not serious about the nukes, but I am serious about the Muslims that aint down with this shit speaking out! If there was a Christian group acting like idiots, I would expect some Christians with some sense to speak out! As a matter of fact, that's what I believe we ARE doing when it comes to the fanaticals that W and Rove have galvanized! But what kind of example are we setting for them (the Sensical Muslims) to do that, when our own government compares us to Hitler's boys for dissenting with them?!?
I'm a Christian, and I think there are things that are being carried out in the name of Christ in this country that are dangerous to the country and the world! But back to my original point; If they aren't willing to out these rogue elements of their religion, then theyt should be subjeced, at least, to racial profiling and other means of "sorting out the bad eggs," if you will!

BTW, thanx for the info, AGAIN!!

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Bob,
I'm not serious about the nukes, but I am serious about the Muslims that aint down with this shit speaking out! If there was a Christian group acting like idiots, I would expect some Christians with some sense to speak out! As a matter of fact, that's what I believe we ARE doing when it comes to the fanaticals that W and Rove have galvanized! But what kind of example are we setting for them (the Sensical Muslims) to do that, when our own government compares us to Hitler's boys for dissenting with them?!?
I'm a Christian, and I think there are things that are being carried out in the name of Christ in this country that are dangerous to the country and the world! But back to my original point; If they aren't willing to out these rogue elements of their religion, then theyt should be subjeced, at least, to racial profiling and other means of "sorting out the bad eggs," if you will!

BTW, thanx for the info, AGAIN!!

my point is there are 1.3 billion moslims, only a small percentage are extremists. i'm sure most moslims live in 3rd world nations and are more concerned about starvation and infectious diseases than anything else.
how do you know most moslims aren't outraged, fox news or cnn doesn't interview moslims that are living in sub saharan africa, nobody wants to see that. the only news we get is what fox,cnn,nbc, etc gives us and they only give us what gets them the best ratings.

dirty

EOG Master

And Bob...how do you know they don't hate us or Hope for our Destruction just because the Media doesn't show that part of it.. Why were the poor People in Muslim countries railing against the US after the Tsunami....that was round the clock coverage and Not selective;...... I guess it is OK too for the Media to have selective coverage in New Orleans that rails against Bush....but not the good stuff there or in MIss or Alabama....

You can't have it both ways....and say you assume they are worrying about starvation, etc....How do you know they arent' blaming us for it and would kill us on the spot if they had the chance.....They are ran by Anti American Governments and Dictators...

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

And Bob...how do you know they don't hate us or Hope for our Destruction just because the Media doesn't show that part of it.. Why were the poor People in Muslim countries railing against the US after the Tsunami....that was round the clock coverage and Not selective;...... I guess it is OK too for the Media to have selective coverage in New Orleans that rails against Bush....but not the good stuff there or in MIss or Alabama....

You can't have it both ways....and say you assume they are worrying about starvation, etc....How do you know they arent' blaming us for it and would kill us on the spot if they had the chance.....They are ran by Anti American Governments and Dictators...

all i said was that a small percentage of muslims are extremists, that the average muslim really doesn't want to kill you. the ones that do were probably riled up by their media just like our media does to us. the media in the world today is more concerned with making a profit than reporting the news. they sensationalize the news to increase viewers/ readers. fox news, cnn, al jazera(sp?),cbs, all of them. think about it, even in our country, on the same day if an 11 year old black boy, a fat black women, and a 19 year old beautiful blonde are all kidnapped , where would the majority of the media coverage go ?

dirty

EOG Master

That still didn't answer my question....because you can't.... You don't know whether the Majority of Muslims want us wiped off the face of the earth... You don't know whether they would slit your throat or piss on you if you were on fire....

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

That still didn't answer my question....because you can't.... You don't know whether the Majority of Muslims want us wiped off the face of the earth... You don't know whether they would slit your throat or piss on you if you were on fire....

i'm giving my opinion here. most of the moderate muslims aren't given airtime. the one's that do, fox has them on occasionally, do condemn the extremists. what are you expecting, pro christian rallys by the muslims by the muslim masses ?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The wacked in the head Christian Bush supporters are just as scary as the Muslim
fanatics

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

The wacked in the head Christian Bush supporters are just as scary as the Muslim
fanatics

any extremist scares me, muslim, christian, rightwing, marxist,etc. even peta has a radical/extremist branch, that evolved from throwing paint on fur coats to blowing up labs to targeting scientists. some of the pro-lifers even blow up abortion clinics and target physicians that perform the abortions.

ynot

EOG Dedicated

Wacked out political extremists are just as bad. The ones that think everything revolves around getting their politian elected and things will change for the better.
Getting the other party in office MAY change things. but only if the moneymasters want things to change.

dirty

EOG Master

Wacked out political extremists are just as bad. The ones that think everything revolves around getting their politian elected and things will change for the better.
Getting the other party in office MAY change things. but only if the moneymasters want things to change.

Damn....Never thought you would talk about Doc there ynot....that pretty much sums up his garbage he spews in here about the Right and everyone that goes to his Commie/socialist Blogs to get Info

And you are not too far behind with your conspiracy cases :D :D

i'm giving my opinion here. most of the moderate muslims aren't given airtime. the one's that do, fox has them on occasionally, do condemn the extremists. what are you expecting, pro christian rallys by the muslims by the muslim masses ?

And why would I want Muslims having Christian Rallys when I am not one Myself or for any organized Religion :+clueless What does them having Pro Christian Rallys have to do with anything.... What is so hard to understand that if they want to change the perception of their religion they would stand up and speak out against the Radicals...if they don't then they are just as much to blame as the ones strapping the bombs to babies

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Dirty ,....

we have kids dying in that Civil War Bush started in Iraq based on lies ...

Amazing how Americans that seek the truth are always trashed and more
amazing is we have 100,000,000 Americans that are not buying Rove's
OFFICIAL GOVT VERSION about 9-11

dirty

EOG Master

Doc it is nothing about seeking the Truth with you... You Hide behind that...... It is about doing anything you can....Lying, stealing, Treason, etc.... to get the Repubs and Bush out of office.... You hatred for everything Conservative and republican has clouded your judgement and is very easy to see. Every Post you make is filled with Hate, anger and Denial that the right is not the cause of everything wrong in the last 100 years...

Doc.... we have Kids dying on Drug overdoses spent by welfare Money given to them bythe Programs Liberals started..... don't see you Bitching about that.... isntead of giving them money and rewarding them with more for having Kids so young and out of wedlock, we should Make them go thru Job training and make them productive members of society.... not a drain on the economy...Imagine the Money we could save without these leaches of our TAx money.

The Devil

EOG Master

YNOT, DOESN'T THIS LOOK LIKE YOUR MENTOR?????????

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Dirty: save the Patriotic crap as it wont work with me or anyone else on this board that is tired of Bush and his Neocon idiots pissing all over the constitution, bankrupting this country, using the Fear Factor to continue to
allow King Jackass to sell his "war on terror" bullshit while we continue to slid deeper and deeper into the Civil War nitemare he created in a country he claims had nothing to do with 9-11

Lying, Treason, etc: THAT SUMS UP THIS ADMINISTRATION AND SPEAKING
OF LYING:

I Busted you a few weeks ago on this site ... you bragged how you has just payed $1.92 for gasoline when the lowest price we could find in your town at that time was $2.32 per gallon ... I guess its easy to see why you admire Karl Rove

dirty

EOG Master

Doc you didn't bust shit..... Keep on keeping on Man... I am not going to carry around a digital camera to prove to you anything..... Bottom line is the gas was bought in Cleveland, GA.... No my Home town.... It is outside the Metro area nad doesn't have to use the smog control gas you Know it all...

fenlipoo

EOG Member

When you have made that super rare WOW Power Leveling

, unless you want to keep it for yourself: you can either sell it on the Trade Broker, your

Personal Store or via word of Aion Gold. You have to be

aware that can take a long while at time to sell armorbecause there is always a limit on the

market. Be patient and he realistic about profit margins and you will always attain a good chunk

of Aion Gold Kinah in return. Word of

Buy WOW Gold can work in several ways well. Being known as polite

and helpful can always drive business to yourself and then you can find people to hire your

services in advance, at times lowering the drain of your own resources since often people can

supply many materials towards the end product WOW Gold.