TIME FOR A CIVIL DEBATE...FIRST ISSUE...ABORTION

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">ok
i tried this with mr mercer but he never responded so I will open it up to another person that differs with my opinion.

I am Anti Abortion, I believe it is the murder of an innocent baby and it is basically irresponsible peoples late birth control. It is a child, not a choice.
I can only begin to see reasoning for abortion in the case of rape or incest or if it is truly a danger to the child and mother......I believe that life begins at conception not at birth...

whomever wishes to take this debate up....I leave it in your hands.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Re: TIME FOR A CIVIL DEBATE...FIRST ISSUE...ABORTION

Open up the link and look thru the pictures at the various stages of development. If you still support abortion after looking thru thru the pics then I guess we really don't have much to talk about then.

embryo and fetal development of fetus pictures at various stages with explanations + the unborn human embrio after an implant failed & dead babies failure embryos gestational status ovulation - Prenatal Fetology Foetology & Embryology Biology Medical

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">so we have 2 anti abortion views here....

anyone from the other side care to debate...

this post should be here a while..i won't be on here much longer tonight but will check in tomorrow....peace
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

My personal feeling is pro choice.
I also feel that only women should have a
say so in the matter.
Untim men start having babies they should
shut the f@$k up about abortion.

gofer5

EOG Addicted

My personal feeling is pro choice.
I also feel that only women should have a
say so in the matter.
Untim men start having babies they should
shut the f@$k up about abortion.

So you feel that abortion is just more or less another form of Birth Control. FYI My girlfriend is pro-life and consider's abortion MURDER as do I. And we will never condone MURDER!!

The Devil

EOG Master

WHEN THEY CAN PROVE TO ME THAT A FETUS OF LESS THAN 4 MONTHS CAN SURVIVE OUT OF THE WOMB BY ITSELF I WILL BE AGAINST ABORTION......AND WHEN THEY SHOW THAT A FETUS IS IMPAIRED BEFORE BIRTH AND WILL BE IN AN INSTUTITION FOR LIFE, WHY NOT ABORT IT?

I honestly don't care about the abortion issue at all.

My only beef about it is that Medicaid pays for thousands of abortions each year. Medicaid is funded by the taxpayers and should not be used by low income receipients as birth control.

This is strictly a monetary issue for me. If a woman wants an abortion, fine. She can pay for it herself.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

My only beef about it is that Medicaid pays for thousands of abortions each year. Medicaid is funded by the taxpayers and should not be used by low income receipients as birth control.

This is strictly a monetary issue for me. If a woman wants an abortion, fine. She can pay for it herself.
I agree with Jimmy, politically.

Religiously, I feel that ALL babies should be aborted! That way they would have no chance whatsoever of failing God and going to Hell. I believe this is the ONLY way to guarantee your children go to heaven! Then, after the abortions, you petition God for forgiveness, say you are sorry and join your aborted children in heaven when you die.:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Step 1, stop rape and shit from this country

Step 2, stop abortion

We can't get rid of the second one if we have high rape rate in this country.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Step 1, stop rape and shit from this country

Step 2, stop abortion

We can't get rid of the second one if we have high rape rate in this country.
We could get rid of the first one if we used the second one a whole lot more!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

jay28

EOG Dedicated

We could get rid of the first one if we used the second one a whole lot more!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

Na, that will increase the first one even more my friend.

And increase in AIDs and other diseases.

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Huh? I don't understand.

The second one more depends on the first one. If the second one increase, rapists would consider it ok to do it because there is an option of the second one.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Just how many women do you think get raped and pregnated every year in the US?

Here's my take:

I'm anti abortion because I believe you're taking a life, HOWEVER...

I am a man, and I have absolutely zero understanding of what a WOMAN feels or goes through or what it's like to have a baby growing inside me.

Because I cannot put myself in that position, it's really hard for me to tell someone else what they can or can't do and why they can or can't do it.

It's like marijuana. If you want to campaign so heavily against it, you should have to do it once or twice. If you do, you might change your opinion.

Now, I am PRO CHOICE in cases such as rape, incest, and child molestation and maybe some other cases where there is severe birth defects, and whatnot.

Partial birth abortion...I see no reason for this.

Now, here's where the debate gets tricky:

When is a person a person? When does a baby have a soul? AH, here comes religion!

Scientifically, you would have to err on the side of the baby, saying that if you can't prove they aren't alive or don't have feelings, or a soul, or a heartbeat, etc., then you can't kill them.

A baby has a heartbeat when it's about the size of a dang gummy bear. Obviously, at that time the organs aren't fully developed, and there's no way it could survive on it's own.

But if you want to talk about surviving on it's own, let's talk about a one year old baby. Can a one year old human baby survive on it's own? NO WAY. What about two years old? I don't think so. What about three? I think a three year old could survive without parents, but it would still need to be around other adult humans.

If you wait until after the first trimester, WHY are you just now deciding to have an abortion? Why not allow it until right after the first trimester? If you want to have one, you need to have it right after you get pregnant.

jay28

EOG Dedicated

The rate of getting rape in the streets of US is quite high my friend. As far as getting rape and get pregnant, it's the high possibility.

Here are statistics

FBI - Crime in the US, 2002 - Crime Index Offenses Reported
Trend

<table summary="Crime Index-Trend" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="3" bgcolor="#000000" height="1">
</td> </tr> <tr> <th id="un_0">
Year
</th> <th id="un_1">
Number of offenses
</th> <th id="un_2">
Rate per 100,000
inhabitants
</th> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" bgcolor="#000000" height="1">
</td></tr> <tr> <th id="un_3" headers="un_0">2001</th> <td headers="un_3 un_1">90,863</td> <td headers="un_3 un_2">31.8</td> </tr> <tr> <th id="un_4" headers="un_0">2002</th> <td headers="un_4 un_1">95,136</td> <td headers="un_4 un_2">33.0</td> </tr> <tr> <th id="un_5" headers="un_0">Percent change</th> <td headers="un_5 un_1">+4.7</td> <td headers="un_5 un_2">+3.6</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" bgcolor="#000000" height="1">
</td></tr> </tbody></table>​
National Volume, Trends, and Rates

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

The rate of getting rape in the streets of US is quite high my friend. As far as getting rape and get pregnant, it's the high possibility.

Here are statistics

FBI - Crime in the US, 2002 - Crime Index Offenses Reported
Trend

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Crime Index-Trend" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=3 height=1>

</TD> </TR><TR><TH id=un_0>
Year

</TH><TH id=un_1>
Number of offenses

</TH><TH id=un_2>
Rate per 100,000

inhabitants

</TH></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=3 height=1>

</TD></TR><TR><TH id=un_3 headers=un_0>2001</TH><TD headers="un_3 un_1">90,863</TD><TD headers="un_3 un_2">31.8</TD></TR><TR><TH id=un_4 headers=un_0>2002</TH><TD headers="un_4 un_1">95,136</TD><TD headers="un_4 un_2">33.0</TD></TR><TR><TH id=un_5 headers=un_0>Percent change</TH><TD headers="un_5 un_1">+4.7</TD><TD headers="un_5 un_2">+3.6</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=3 height=1>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

National Volume, Trends, and Rates
So, how many women a year get pregnated through rape?

jay28

EOG Dedicated

By applying the 5% pregnancy rate to 64,080 women, RAINN estimates that there were up to 3,204 pregnancies as a result of rape.

Pregnancies Resulting from Rape | Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network

I believe the first one should be taken care right away. Some people are really sick, man.
Medical estimates of a 5% pregnancy rate are for one-time, unprotected sexual intercourse. Some victimizations may include multiple incidents of intercourse.

NCVS does not measure victimizations of Americans age 12 or younger. Rapes of these young people could result in pregnancies that are not accounted for in RAINN estimates.

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Do babies automatically go to heaven in the Islamic Faith Jay?

Yes, it's been said that in the judgement day, the kid who died giving birth will not enter heaven until he takes their parents with them. He will ask God to forgive their parents because he didn't had them in this life.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Yes, it's been said that in the judgement day, the kid who died giving birth will not enter heaven until he takes their parents with them. He will ask God to forgive their parents because he didn't had them in this life.
So, like Christianity, abortion would be good for the child and his soul......meaning he has no chance of going to hell if he is aborted, correct?

jay28

EOG Dedicated

So, like Christianity, abortion would be good for the child and his soul......meaning he has no chance of going to hell if he is aborted, correct?

You are right zz. Abortion is forbidden in Islam in any case too.

jay28

EOG Dedicated

It's like killing a person too. In Quran it's say that don't kill your kids, it's God who provides food and protection. There is not a specific punishment set for this crime. But, they would be ask in the judgement day for this sin.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

It's like killing a person too. In Quran it's say that don't kill your kids, it's God who provides food and protection. There is not a specific punishment set for this crime. But, they would be ask in the judgement day for this sin.
Can you be forgiven your sins in Islam like Christianity?

So you feel that abortion is just more or less another form of Birth Control. FYI My girlfriend is pro-life and consider's abortion MURDER as do I. And we will never condone MURDER!!
I don't see anywhere in my statement that I said abortion is another
form of birth control. Personally I feel that if a woman uses abortion for birth control then she should be put in a mental institutution.
So your gf is against abortion, good for her, thats her choice and
I respect it. If she were to decide otherwise I would equally
respect that opinion.
But tell me, why don't all you anti abortion people go out and
adopt all these kids that need a home? There are many kids in foster
homes that need loving parents.
The anti abortion crowd is full of it. They will kill doctors and nurses
to stop an abortion. Thats real smart.
I could go on but it would just make your case even weaker.

dirty

EOG Master

I agree with Hoffa. I support abortion, but it should be privately funded. Nothing after 3 months, no partial Birth Abortions.

Devil and shortbus had good posts as well. This is a complex issue and is one that should not be taken Lightly.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I don't see anywhere in my statement that I said abortion is another
form of birth control. Personally I feel that if a woman uses abortion for birth control then she should be put in a mental institutution.
So your gf is against abortion, good for her, thats her choice and
I respect it. If she were to decide otherwise I would equally
respect that opinion.
But tell me, why don't all you anti abortion people go out and
adopt all these kids that need a home? There are many kids in foster
homes that need loving parents.
I can't believe we agree......well said !:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

jay28

EOG Dedicated

So, then at least abortion is good for the kids aborted and their souls.

Well it's a sin. But the girl who gets raped and have the baby in her belly. People might say it's not his fault and why you would want to kill him. It's all about the trauma that she have to take with her. She would probably leave behind in her studies too. And when the kid raises, she have to explain it to him which is kinda bad for kid psychologically too. I believe personally, we can't stop the second one if we can't stop completely the first one.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

See ZZ, I'm not all bad.
:cheers
Well, you're correct on something.....that's a great first step toward enlightenment and becoming a true American Hero, a Liberal!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

Well, you're correct on something.....that's a great first step toward enlightenment and becoming a true American Hero, a Liberal!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool
Damn I almost punked. I have some liberal ideas
but I never will be a government spending liberal.
Thats one good thing about abortion. It keeps the
welfare roles lower.

i was very anti-abortion before reading "freakonomics".
completely changed my mind, realizing that crime in the u.s. is down 50% almost solely because of roe vs. wade.
now i am very much IN FAVOR of abortion, if those kids were that unloved and poor in the first place in most cases they are probably better off not being born. and as a society as sad as it sounds we are better off without them.

remember all those gangs in the early 90s and how it was getting ridiculously dangerous to even be near major cities? i certainly remember that time in milwaukee and now it is a heck of a lot more peaceful and enjoyable. there are still angry young men around of all types (white, black, hispanic) but there are a lot less of them than 15 years ago.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Damn I almost punked. I have some liberal ideas
but I never will be a government spending liberal.
Wow! Me either. Welfare and unemployment and all other 'entitlements should never be for more than 6 months. After that, workers would have to show up for trash details and CCC type work. The only problem with Republicans under george Bush is that they have never seen an increase in spending they didn't like.:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

Bush is that they have never seen an increase in spending they didn't like.
Not totally true, but I am afraid that you are more right than wrong.
That is why I am not a W fan.
His dad lied with read my lips. He gave in to the liberals in congress
and cut a deal.
So I figure the apple doesn't drop far.
I dislike most of the republicans currently in congress because
they act like freakin demorats.
Man what I would give to see some Ronald Reagan policies
on the demoestic side of washington politics.

Wow! Me either. Welfare and unemployment and all other 'entitlements should never be for more than 6 months. After that, workers would have to show up for trash details and CCC type work. The only problem with Republicans under george Bush is that they have never seen an increase in spending they didn't like.
We're on the same page here for the most part ZZ.

I see it this way... Elderly and disabled Americans get the assistance, everyone else WORKS.

Unemployment is a little different because we pay into that, 26 weeks maximum assistance.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

completely ludicrous comments..lumping all together and that is nuts..

your views oh how you stand are your choice but you cannot seriously say all anti abortion people want to blow up clinics