5) Tyreek Hill
4) OBJ
3) Deandre Hopkins
2) Mike Thomas
1) Julio Jones

Brady with two of the top ten.....

Valuist

EOG Master
Is Godwin really top 10? Big numbers last year but we have to find out if he's a one-hit wonder. He needs at least another year as good as 2019 before he's in the top 10. And how much does he benefit from Evans drawing double coverage?

Based on production, Theilen should be in top 10. But figures a guy like that, viewed as an "over-achiever" would be dismissed by GMs.

Valuist

EOG Master
What's interesting is that a former GM, Mike Lombardi, was on VSIN recently and talked about what you look for in a receiver: most important was big production in college. Never draft a Compound Champ with little production at WR. Agree 100%.

Heim

EOG Master
What's interesting is that a former GM, Mike Lombardi, was on VSIN recently and talked about what you look for in a receiver: most important was big production in college. Never draft a Compound Champ with little production at WR. Agree 100%.

Compound champ??

kane

EOG master

This should apply to all positions, I don't care how an athlete looks in his underwear at the combines, give me the guy who did it consistently in college, the guy who showed up on tape every play

kane

EOG master
Compound champ??

The guy who was inconsistent in college, but runs like a deer, jumps to the moon, and can bench press a truck, that's a compound champ. Give me the guy who showed up every down, in every game, and always played hard, over the guy who shows flashes, but doesn't always show up

Valuist

EOG Master
Having said that, big college production at WR is no guarantee of success at NFL level. DBs just not that good in college. A WR w speed and athleticism SHOULD dominate in college. A real red flag if they can't.

Valuist

EOG Master
Is OBJ a top 10 WR right now? I don't care how many one hand catches he can make. Question: when was the last season OBJ had over 1100 receiving yards?

Answer: 2016.

He was great 2014-2016 but hasn't come close to those levels since.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
10) Amari Cooper
9) Chris Godwin
8) Keenan Allen
7) Davante Adams
6) Mike Evans
5) Tyreek Hill
4) OBJ
3) Deandre Hopkins
2) Mike Thomas
1) Julio Jones

List is overall pretty solid. Top 3 are locked in, but I might have Julio 3rd due to age. What's amazing in the list is some executive(s) listed Julio as low as 7th, and Thomas and Hopkins as low as 6th. In a similar QB list, some Idiot rates Mahomes 4th. Guys like that don't warrant jobs in the NFL. https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...vers-2020-execs-players-coaches-debate-top-10

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Tyreek was a College RB.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Is OBJ a top 10 WR right now? I don't care how many one hand catches he can make. Question: when was the last season OBJ had over 1100 receiving yards?

Answer: 2016.

He was great 2014-2016 but hasn't come close to those levels since.
Not in my book. I would rank them Hopkins 1st, Hill 2nd, Thomas 3rd.

I don't think Godwin is a top-10 WR with Brady.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's Caesars receiving yards over/unders for the upcoming season:

1. Thomas 1449.5
2. J Jones 1333.5
3. Adams 1299.5
4. Evans 1099.5
Golladay 1099.5
Smith-Schuster 1099.5
7. A. Robinson 1073.5
8. DJ Chark 1069.5
9. Kupp 1049.5
10. Sutton 999.5
McLaurin 999.5
K Allen 999.5

Both Hopkins, Beckham, TY Hilton and Hill were not given yardage over/unders but have TD over/unders.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's 2019 yards per target leaders, minimum 50 or more receptions, Probably the best stat to measure WR efficiency:

1. AJ Brown 12.5
2. Diggs 12.0
3. M Williams (LAC) 11.1
4. Godwin 10.8
5. Golladay 10.3
6. A Cooper 10.0
R Cobb 10.0
8. McLaurin 9.9
9. D Samuel 9.8
M Evans 9.8

And 2018:
1. Lockett 13.8
2. M Evans 11.0
3. T Hill 10.8
4. Hilton 10.6
5. Cooks 10.3
Kupp 10.3
7. J. Jones 9.9
8. M Thomas 9.6
Hopkins 9.6
DJ Moore 9.6

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

1. Thomas 1449.5
2. J Jones 1333.5
3. Adams 1299.5
4. Evans 1099.5
Golladay 1099.5
Smith-Schuster 1099.5
7. A. Robinson 1073.5
8. DJ Chark 1069.5
9. Kupp 1049.5
10. Sutton 999.5
McLaurin 999.5
K Allen 999.5

Both Hopkins, Beckham, TY Hilton and Hill were not given yardage over/unders but have TD over/unders.
I'm not big on these overs, but really expect a big year from Smith-Schuster.

I think that's a good concept. Frankly drafting guys high is probably not worth it. Maybe if you can get a crazy value like some of the receivers this year in the loaded class, but I think WR and RB are positions you can get such good value later in the draft for and you can take productive guys in college. They are so dependent upon other players on the team its hard to think they are so talented they can move the needle themselves.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
10) Amari Cooper
9) Chris Godwin
8) Keenan Allen
7) Davante Adams
6) Mike Evans
5) Tyreek Hill
4) OBJ
3) Deandre Hopkins
2) Mike Thomas
1) Julio Jones

And some very good tight ends.

Gronk of course but Howard/Brate are probably underrated around the league as a pass catching tight end duo.

I think Howard (if he doesn't get traded) is going to benefit from Brady being in town, even with Gronk around......

And I think Godwin will come back down to earth. No way he matches what he did last year IMO.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's my top 10:

1. Thomas
2. Hopkins
3. Julio
4. Evans
5. T Hill
6. Adams
7. TY Hilton
8. Golladay
9. Theilen
10. Smith-Schuster

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

1. Thomas 1449.5
2. J Jones 1333.5
3. Adams 1299.5
4. Evans 1099.5
Golladay 1099.5
Smith-Schuster 1099.5
7. A. Robinson 1073.5
8. DJ Chark 1069.5
9. Kupp 1049.5
10. Sutton 999.5
McLaurin 999.5
K Allen 999.5

Initial look

Adams under 1299.5 The gameplan is going to be to run, run, run. This will help the play-action situations but I'll play under given the drop in production that is expected from Aaron Rodgers with the change in gameplan.

Evans under 1099.5 Evans is a deep threat and not a great route runner. That isn't a good mix with Brady at QB. Godwin is going to get massive targets with quick routes. Add in Gronk, who isn't on the team for the post game parties, will also vulture some redzone targets from Evans.

Golladay over 1099.5 I am very very high on this dude. Big talent who is primed for a big season. He is going to be Stafford's #1 target and Matt isn't scared to give this big WR some deep shots each game. Throw in the garbage yards late in the 4Q which could be an easy 25 yards that's an easy 400 yards for the season.

A Robinson over 1073.5 Big big shot here. Foles will be the QB and pump targets into this guy. Very underrated. He will be a 1300+ yard WR this season.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Give me Thielen over Evans in there. Evans seems to take games off. Disappears. Though he is prob still tops yards / reception past few years.

Thielen catch % is elite prob o ly Michael Thomas better among large volume guys

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Give me Thielen over Evans in there. Evans seems to take games off. Disappears. Though he is prob still tops yards / reception past few years.

Thielen catch % is elite prob o ly Michael Thomas better among large volume guys
Theilan is a master at disappearing in games.

One good year.

Give me evans.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

This doesn't mean that I am saying that Evans comes to work every week.

Evans upside is what I like more.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I got you, Evans has done it longer and is more likely going to win a game for you vs Thilean. Evans disappears though. different types.

Valuist

EOG Master
Theilan is a master at disappearing in games.

One good year.

Give me evans.

Two giant years. 2017-2018 over 200 catches and 2600 yards.

IMO, there's a big difference between one big year and two. Some guys are under the radar and defenses are caught unprepared. You catch 100 passes for 1300 yards once and defenses will take note. It becomes much harder to repeat it, unless one is Thomas, Hopkins or Julio.

MrTop

EOG Master
C'mon Heim. You've seen them. They can bench 400, run a 4.3 40 and broad jump over high rises all with 5% bodyfat. But they can't run good routes. ...or can't catch a cold.

interesting. So the rating at these places the NFL teams have are worthless ? What about the competition the receiver went up against ? just asking here ... i don't know anything about drafts

Heim

EOG Master
Jerry Rice would be a perfect example of a non-compound guy. I'm not even sure there was a combine back then
but I do remember he never broke 4.6 in private workouts. But what prolific numbers he put up at Mississippi Valley St.
(He was lucky he had a big arm black Qb.) But son of a gun if a DB was within 5 yards of him every time he caught the ball
on ESPN highlights.

Valuist

EOG Master
interesting. So the rating at these places the NFL teams have are worthless ? What about the competition the receiver went up against ? just asking here ... i don't know anything about drafts

Yes the competition does matter. Number one factor is, is the guy a football player? There's a lot of compound stars who are great in the weight room, or were blessed with very good genes, but maybe don't have the dedication, or football sense, to be a great football player.

Maybe one exception would be, a guy at a position playing on a team where the coach's philosophy was strongly against that position. They won't have the giant numbers because of lack of opportunities. Favre in high school.....his dad was the coach. They didn't throw much. Maybe a WR on a team that runs 80% of the time.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
And some very good tight ends.

Gronk of course but Howard/Brate are probably underrated around the league as a pass catching tight end duo.

I think Howard (if he doesn't get traded) is going to benefit from Brady being in town, even with Gronk around......

And I think Godwin will come back down to earth. No way he matches what he did last year IMO.
Godwin has one huge advantage- Evans draws the top coverage. His numbers would suffer more by a better running game and fewer TO’s. Brady will take care of the latter.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated