Trent Richardson will be...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Might as well get this out of the way so I can bump it over the years:

"the all-time leading rusher in NFL history, and widely regarded as the best RB the league has seen."

Blast away.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Trent Richardson will be...

He's the best RB talent I've ever seen. He's a more compact, and durable, Adrian Peterson. So fast, so strong and so shifty. Just a monsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dogball

EOG Master

"the all-time leading rusher in NFL history, and widely regarded as the best RB the league has seen."

Blast away.

A stud but the above is silly and playing in cleveland will not help

rjt721

EOG Master

themanej2001

05-25-2007, 05:22 PM

The argument on Smoltz got me thinking, will there ever be another pitcher that wins 300 games? I decided to look at the closest candidates and you also need to understand I am counting guys like Randy Johnson as in....

Johan Santana
Mark Buehrle
Jon Garland
Felix Hernandez
Dontrelle Willis
Roy Oswalt
Jake Peavy

Ok that is my main list...

Garland - At 27 years old this may be the leagues best bet if he has truly figured out the league. 85 wins already and should be approaching 100 by seasons end similar to Johan but a year earlier. Could string together 6-8 straight years of 17+ wins putting him in the 200 range. If he can stay in shape and motivated he finishes around Johan because he got such an early start. He seems to have learned how to win at this level which would be an obvious +. If he pitches until he is forty and can win 16 games a year until then he could make it. Or if he can have 2-4 more seasons at 18-20 wins he will only need 14+ wins the last 3-4 years of his career to reach the milestone. 250-280 Wins
:houra

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Blast away.

He is no Barry Sanders or Jim Brown....take it easy Timely...

He is no Emmitt Smith or Walter Payton...relax and breathe TH....

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Emmitt Smith is no Trent Richardson. Putting Smith in the same sentence with Sweetness is a shot at Walter.

Integrity

EOG Master

he's gonna be very, very good

don't see why he won't be able to make it on the ap/foster level

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Conventional wisdom would say you're correct, but if he's Jim Brown 2.0 he'll have a big enough impact on the team to warrant that pick.

Well that's kind of a tall order for young Trent, no?

It's not a matter of production - I would bet he is among the best RBs in the NFL for the next 5 years. It's a matter of longevity. Just look at the # of carries from the premiere "young backs" Ray Rice (4 years in the NFL), Chris Johnson (5 years), Adrian Peterson (5 years), Arian Foster (3 years). I would bet anyone the they have less carries next year than the average of the past 2 years.

If he's lucky, Trent can have a MJD, Michael Turner, Frank Gore type career but I wouldn't bet on much more than that.

Plus RBs as a position are declining in position and importance.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Trent Richardson said he thinks it's "going to be a good, equal load" between he and Ahmad Bradshaw this season.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Can't imagine Pagano is a fan of Rich at this point. Reggie Wayne bailed him out on the 1st fumble.

Side note: The TY Hilton non-call everyone is talking about looked ok to me. Hilton didn't make a strong cut out of his break. I was ok w/ the non-call there. Can't be Holding/PI on every play. I thought it was clean.

August West

Rambler

This thread is definitely worthy of being "bumped over the years". lmao. Worst call ever?

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Mulligan of sorts last yr, b/c he was traded mid-season.

Actually think he could work out. To-be-determined.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Blast away.

god, what a fucking moron this guy is.

Makes 5,000,000 predictions. 1 out of 5,000,000 is right while the others are embarrassingly wrong. Pats himself on the back and demands that every person he doesn't get along with should be banned from the board for having the nerve to argue with the genius who predicted this one right thing happening.

rjt721

EOG Master

Trent Richardson is a healthy scratch for the Colts' Divisional Round game versus Denver.

:btj:

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

LOL! :btj:

Maybe someone will pick Garland up this year and the journey will continue.

I resurrected the old name for this thread. What a brutal call - I'm a football retard though, so no biggie.

Busy as shit so not really much time to post or read the forum and post this weekend but stopped in and saw this and had to laugh at myself. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Trent Richardson is the worst RB in the NFL possibly. I killed him.

PS. The Packers suck and that retarded rule ruined the NFL again.

James D

EOG Dedicated

Timely Hero has the rare ability to take public ribbing gracefully. Well done sir

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

LOL! :btj:

Maybe someone will pick Garland up this year and the journey will continue.

I resurrected the old name for this thread. What a brutal call - I'm a football retard though, so no biggie.

Busy as shit so not really much time to post or read the forum and post this weekend but stopped in and saw this and had to laugh at myself. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Trent Richardson is the worst RB in the NFL possibly. I killed him.

PS. The Packers suck and that retarded rule ruined the NFL again.

I hear ya. I feel personally responsible for killing Ryan Leaf. He was the greatest College QB I ever saw. I thought he'd be appreciably better than Peyton, and go down as an all time great. When you're Wrong, Go Wrong BIG!!!!!!:houra:LMAO:shoot:

WVU

EOG Master

The old Timely and Choptalk were very similar with their off the cuff crazy predictions.