USC, UCLA looking to leave Pac-12 for Big Ten in 2024

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I could see 24 teams in each conference, with divisions, final 4 in each conference hence the 8 team playoff system.

Valuist

EOG Master
Usc baseball schedule just got much easier

It won't help their recruiting. If one is a California top prospect, the thought of March baseball games in Madison or Minneapolis is enough to make one look elsewhere. I guess they might like it if they are a pitcher. But no hitter wants to do that.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Eastern Washington, Montana, North Dakota St, Northern Iowa to Mountain West. This just adds more teams to D1 Football.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Climate is irrelevant, there is such a thing as indoor batting cages

Climate is irrelevant

How Many Teams You See From The Northeast and Midwest Listed ?

How About The 1st Column On Left.

See Any Teams That Play Year Round In Warm Weather ?

How About The Next Column ?

ws.jpg

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
its the same in all sports, not just baseball, the northeast is working class non college or non english immigrants. football titles are from all the dixie teams, last several basketball too, indoor volleyball is owned by california..

railbird

EOG Master
this is what happens when you have all puerto ricans, chineses, jews, domincians and people from other shitholes.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This will have a domino effect. PAC-12 will raid Mountain West to stay afloat. San Diego St a prime candidate.
They may have to swallow hard and take UNLV, then move the HQs to Vegas.

valuist brought up good points about the baseball, just can’t see how that helps USC or UCLA.

The one thing that makes college sports special are rivalries. I’m sure than the cal schools play each other, they draw pretty well as there are enough alumni in LA and SF areas from the schools. Now UCLA and USC give up those for possible home games with Purdue, Minn, Ind etc. How will those draw? Outside of playing in the city rivalry, they also have to travel two time zones min for every road game.