Week 2 NFL Picks and Discussion

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Leans so far:
I feel humbled because I've realized hat over the years, I've transitioned from being a handicapper to someone who just follows steam. Some of the spreads this week seem to be way off.

Arizona +5.5
No idea how the Giants can perform like that and be a heavy road favorite. Arizona was very competitive against a better team and could have easily won.

Panthers +3 (plus)
This is always a difficult road trip for New Orleans. Carolina lost by 14 despite out gaining Atlanta by 60 yards, so it was something of a misleading box score. Teams in Week 2 that are 0-1 playing against 1-0 teams are historically a goof spread bet. The Saints offense wasn't very impressive despite winning. Will definitely bet this if it gets to 3.5

Rams +8.5 (-117)
Rams steamrolled a good team last week on the road and have to think they'll be up for a home game against last year's division winner. How in the world is this more than a touchdown??

Jaguars +3
This should be the biggest home game of the year for Jax, and touts will be selling the playoff revenge angle. KC's offense has a lot of work to do before they're back to last year's level, and it's very hard for me to envision them winning by more than a field goal.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Leans so far:
I feel humbled because I've realized hat over the years, I've transitioned from being a handicapper to someone who just follows steam. Some of the spreads this week seem to be way off.

Arizona +5.5
No idea how the Giants can perform like that and be a heavy road favorite. Arizona was very competitive against a better team and could have easily won.

Panthers +3 (plus)
This is always a difficult road trip for New Orleans. Carolina lost by 14 despite out gaining Atlanta by 60 yards, so it was something of a misleading box score. Teams in Week 2 that are 0-1 playing against 1-0 teams are historically a goof spread bet. The Saints offense wasn't very impressive despite winning. Will definitely bet this if it gets to 3.5

Rams +8.5 (-117)
Rams steamrolled a good team last week on the road and have to think they'll be up for a home game against last year's division winner. How in the world is this more than a touchdown??

Jaguars +3
This should be the biggest home game of the year for Jax, and touts will be selling the playoff revenge angle. KC's offense has a lot of work to do before they're back to last year's level, and it's very hard for me to envision them winning by more than a field goal.

The only one I may disagree with is Jags +3. I tend to give hard looks at teams who did not cover week 1 vs teams that did

choslamshe

EOG Master
Will have to put up with Arizona flip-flopping from week to week. Last week they competed and had a chance to win. Would it surprise anyone for them to come out after an inspring performance like they had, to lay an egg like the Giants last week? Giants are still better across the board, and you know going 0-2 isn't good...they'll treat this like a playoff game.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
With you on Arizona. As if the Giants should even be nearly a TD favorite let alone a favorite all after losing by 6 TD plus last week. Need to look into the rest.

Valuist

EOG Master
One thing about the Cincy/Cleveland game last week. I've heard several podcasts claim the weather was terrible. I know several people who don't live far from the Browns stadium and it wasn't raining THAT hard.. Mild drizzle. Did the calf bother Burrow? Quite possibly, but don't blame it all on the rain.

Valuist

EOG Master
I rarely play a favorite, but I laid 3 with the Bengals, I think it's a good spot to back them coming off that embarrassing effort last week, Joe Burrow played the worst game of his career, I have to think he bounces back with a big effort, anytime these teams meet it's always a big game, but if Cincy loses, not only are they 0-2, but they're 0-2 in the division, I'm expecting them to win the game, so I don't mind laying 3

Sounds like Baltimore very banged up as well.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Official play from me on Vikings+7 @ ISi.
They moved the line back to the 7 this morning inexplicably and I couldn't pass it up.

Also, the spray must not be working because the Jackets are still very much alive.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm looking at this list of prospective candidates for the Jets as QB, and I have to think Wilson is better than all of them, even
Brissett is a toss-up

railbird

EOG Master
One thing about the Cincy/Cleveland game last week. I've heard several podcasts claim the weather was terrible. I know several people who don't live far from the Browns stadium and it wasn't raining THAT hard.. Mild drizzle. Did the calf bother Burrow? Quite possibly, but don't blame it all on the rain.
Better team win, which is browns. Burrow overrated

railbird

EOG Master
I'm looking at this list of prospective candidates for the Jets as QB, and I have to think Wilson is better than all of them, even
Brissett is a toss-up
Could be one of my pickleball opponents here in Newport beach, a guy by the name of nick foles

railbird

EOG Master
Other pickle ball opponents gsrret boles tackle for Denver, and current starting tackle for pats,bog black kid from rice

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
So I have the GB/Atl FH Under 19.5, the Falcons have the ball at the 3 yard line with about 15 seconds left in the half, they trail 10-3, mentally I'm prepared for a TD and a 10-10 score at the half, they score to make it 10-9, and then their kicker misses the extra point. I deal with so many bad beats, but rarely get this type of luck
RAS, huh?
The multiverse still owes you a few.
I had an off day, nothing looked off at any of the books I frequent.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Trevor Lawrence looks pretty brutal today and average to start this early year. Expected him to take a big step forward as a top 5 qb...not even close so far.

Heim

EOG Master
What bugs me more about the Ram insignificant (result) fg is McVay never called plays into the end zone, even trying for a flag down 10. Short passes setting up a fg...for what?

Every coach knows the spread. It looked like sour grapes to fuck 9er backers.

railbird

EOG Master
What bugs me more about the Ram insignificant (result) fg is McVay never called plays into the end zone, even trying for a flag down 10. Short passes setting up a fg...for what?

Every coach knows the spread. It looked like sour grapes to fuck 9er backers.
wanted to stick it to the 60,000 49er fans at sofi

choslamshe

EOG Master
This Steelers/Browns game has the intensity you would expect. Was happy to pounce on the live game UNDER after that first play pick-6. Doubt the game sees 2 offensive TDs the rest of the way.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It's such a now league that it impacts everyone.

Both these games are complete trash tonight. I would probably say a lot of these guys aren't great enough to even entertain.

People try but they likely don't put in the work. I wish we went back to the old days where people came out of college with a lot of experience.

Valuist

EOG Master
Is Watson an older (and slower) version of Fields? Both with game losing turnovers resulting in late game defensive TDs.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Is Watson an older (and slower) version of Fields? Both with game losing turnovers resulting in late game defensive TDs.
Watson is probably the toughest qb to tackle once a defender gets their hands on him

Pitt should have had an additional 4 sacks last night easy. Unblocked rushers yet couldn't bring him down

Fields looked alot better this past week. I hate how their are trying to make him a pocket guy. The pressure he could put on a defense like Lamar did vs cincy with his legs isn't being done.

Sad

Heim

EOG Master
Watson is owed 229 million in guaranteed money going forward.

The funny thing is their defense will carry them farther than Watson.

Insane contract for a guy barely top 15, if that.

railbird

EOG Master
Minshew was Xcellent, steichen is his guy. 2nd concussion in asmany weeks for richrdson, 1st one was hidden as i reportedlast week

railbird

EOG Master
miami is the 2000 Rams with all that speed, Tua playing the role of kurt warner, 5 guys on field that run sub 4.35