What do you guys do when a game moves against you?

I have to admit that I have developed a habit of bailing, usually getting out close to even...

What do you guys do, or recommend.

I am talking about games that move against you that definately resemble steam....BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK all the way across.

I haven't figured out whether this has helped or hurt me.

I'll trust the wiseguys here to tell me that, without digging into my records...

For example, I had FLA ATL+24.5-103, and the the thing shot to 25.6 and 26 BLACK....so I bailed iwth a local and played KAN-24. Bad move this time.

Any thoughts?

Iron.

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
I usually stick with my plays. Even if I screw up on occasion and double enter them I just leave it. I just look at it as things will balance out in the end. Win some and lose some.

What an excellent topic that I can identify with...

You were very fortunate to be able to get off the "cold" side without putting yourself into a POLISH middle position...

And, after YEARS of doing EXACTLY what you have done, I have finally decided a more consistent plan to attack this nightmare...

If I am clearly on the WRONG SIDE of the STEAM you are talking about, I now pay the additional JUICE to get off of the game completely. Furthermore, since I have tremendous respect for the syndicate behind this smoke, I will quite often throw on an additional few bucks so that if the STEAM play wins, I do too...

It takes a lot of HUMILITY and DISCIPLINE, but I'd rather change my bet, than to go tete a tete against this type of scenario...

Only a FOOL would stay still when there is a fire all around him...

In the long run, I suspect you'd go broke consistently holding your ground AGAINST these monster moves...

THE SHRINK

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
Steam ain't always right.

If the guys I am following like the play, that's enough for me. If the line moves so be it. Paying juice on a game everytime it moves a couple points is gonna add up to huge losses.

stick to your guns for sure.

Krackman

EOG Senior Member
I make sure I know what the opener was and it was not just buy back money coming in. I will not go against the steam. It should be noted the steam is getting weaker and weaker every season but is still winning enough to beat the man.

You have to be able to distinguish between a "steam" line move and a "public" line move. Its pretty easy to tell if you ask me. The only time something like that bothers me is when it happens on a non-primetime low profile game. Then you best be getting off the game completely because you are on the wrong side of "steam". Another big no-no is when you find yourself on the public side early in the week, then all of a sudden the public pushes up the line "with you"! Same deal applies here get out fast! Just ask Frog! ;-)

I worry more when a late line move goes in my favor after I put it in. I wonder if its the weather, injury etc. Two of my losses were games that moved in my favor Saturday.

No way, stick with it

If Montster steam won no one would have to work

What are stats are Monster steams winning?

Jagermeister said:
I worry more when a late line move goes in my favor after I put it in. I wonder if its the weather, injury etc. Two of my losses were games that moved in my favor Saturday.

Jag I agree 100%! That scares the living shit out of me! :cocktail

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I tend to cuss and swear a little bit. Oh, yes and bail like a MF unless it is a slow gradual move which smells like public or it is on the wrong side of a Phil Steele move who moves the line but cannot pick his nose.

But, like Krackman, talks about if it is buy back late. I still bail or go for a middle or scalp because the original move if I beat it or got a good number was just bogus steam to set up the middle attempt and not a legitimate pick by an originator.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Thundergod and Jagermeister's comments about not being to cocky when you are on the right side of a move are well taken. To me that is even harder to pull the trigger to get off or you have to be paying attention at post time to see if there is a big buy back move.