WHAT KIND OF WEAPONS HOME/PERSONAL PROTECTION DO YOU OWN?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: WHAT KIND OF WEAPONS HOME/PERSONAL PROTECTION DO YOU OWN?

When you live in the hood you never know how many rounds you may need. I keep 75 rounds loaded (clips also) plus 6 in the shotgun (81 which I hope never to use other than for entertainment). You just never know. And where I live the safety is on the decline not an upward trend here.

It doesn't have to be the hood either. Few places are free of crazy people and animals.

When you live in the hood you never know how many rounds you may need. I keep 75 rounds loaded (clips also) plus 6 in the shotgun (81 which I hope never to use other than for entertainment). You just never know. And where I live the safety is on the decline not and upward trend here.

It doesn't have to be the hood either. Few places are free of crazy people and animals.

General: I lived in a crappy part of Detroit for a few years, so I know what nasty neighborhoods are all about. Had the Detroit riots from 1968 funneled down my street, I highly doubt that I would have needed 81 live rounds loaded.

Do what you want, just sayin.....

I don't own anything that can be called a weapon for self defense.

I support everyone's right to own guns, but I don't understand why you have to have a small arsenal. What kind of an attack are you fearing when you have 2 shotguns, a pistol, and some other type of firearm?

I think people own gun collections for the same reason they buy Corvettes....it has zero to do with self defense, zero.

Can I ask you a question? I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but, what will you do when the food runs out? What will you do when you can't walk across the street to get a loaf of bread? What will you do when the farmers stop farming due to increased energy costs? What will you eat when the truckers can't afford to keep trucking the food to market? The answers to these questions will be hard learned in the cities, not so bad in the country, people who live in the country will hunt and fish and trap to survive. Also, if the food does get in short supply in the cities, where will those people go looking for food? I'll tell you where, out in the country, and when people get hungry enough they will go to any extreme to feed them selfs. Now I am not saying this is an current threat to our way of life, but it is something think about.

We live in desperate times my friend, money is short for many,and for many larceny is an option they choose, guns are a part of theft deterrent and personal protection, better safe than sorry.

The way things are going, with the cost of energy going sky high, the farmers will have to charge more for produce, then the trucker who brings it to processing will have to charge more, then the companies that process will have to charge more, then it gets moved again to the retailer, more trucking costs, then the retailer has to charge more because his overhead has gone up. ALL COST INCREASES DUE TO INCREASED ENERGY COSTS ARE PASSED ALONG TO THE CONSUMER.

Can I ask you a question? I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but, what will you do when the food runs out? What will you do when you can't walk across the street to get a loaf of bread? What will you do when the farmers stop farming due to increased energy costs? What will you eat when the truckers can't afford to keep trucking the food to market? The answers to these questions will be hard learned in the cities, not so bad in the country, people who live in the country will hunt and fish and trap to survive. Also, if the food does get in short supply in the cities, where will those people go looking for food? I'll tell you where, out in the country, and when people get hungry enough they will go to any extreme to feed them selfs. Now I am not saying this is an current threat to our way of life, but it is something think about.

We live in desperate times my friend, money is short for many,and for many larceny is an option they choose, guns are a part of theft deterrent and personal protection, better safe than sorry.

The way things are going, with the cost of energy going sky high, the farmers will have to charge more for produce, then the trucker who brings it to processing will have to charge more, then the companies that process will have to charge more, then it gets moved again to the retailer, more trucking costs, then the retailer has to charge more because his overhead has gone up. ALL COST INCREASES DUE TO INCREASED ENERGY COSTS ARE PASSED ALONG TO THE CONSUMER.

You forgot: What will I do when a hungry extra-terrestrial lands in my backyard and demands access to my refrigerator?

Seriously, I think you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. I am more than confident we will not see food riots in our lifetime. The rising energy and food prices are a huge concern that could have dire consequences for our economy, but I don't think it's time to start stockpiling weaponry. If you are seriously concerned about having to defend your food from hungry neighbors or unemployed truckers, it might be time to check into your employer provided benefits program (EAP) concerning mental health.

You forgot: What will I do when a hungry extra-terrestrial lands in my backyard and demands access to my refrigerator?

Seriously, I think you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. I am more than confident we will not see food riots in our lifetime. The rising energy and food prices are a huge concern that could have dire consequences for our economy, but I don't think it's time to start stockpiling weaponry. If you are seriously concerned about having to defend your food from hungry neighbors or unemployed truckers, it might be time to check into your employer provided benefits program (EAP) concerning mental health.

I didn't say it was a concern at the present time, I said, better safe than sorry. As far as your smart ass reply, I don't personally subscribe to the extra-terrestrial thing, but, if you do, it's ok with me.

The General

<TABLE class=tborder id=post491742 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid">11-14-06, 06:30 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right>#31 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->andrew748<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_491742", true); </SCRIPT>
passive smoking is theft

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_491742 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: VETERANS Post your branch of service.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Marine Corps Rules for Gun Fighting

The Marine Corps Birthday makes me nostalgic for the good ol??well, maybe good is too strong a word. In fact, I can't say that I miss being on active duty; but I do miss being with my fellow Marines.
Thinking about my friends who are getting shot at by ungrateful Iraqis reminded me of this list, an old Corps favorite, on how to act in a gun fight:
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.
19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4."

Navy Rules for Gun fighting:
1. Go to Sea
2. Send the Marines
3. Drink Coffee<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Weekend Edition[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
May 24 / 25, 2008[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]The Dangerous Side of Retail Work [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Remembering the Wendy's Massacre [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]By DANIEL GROSS [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=+3]T[/SIZE][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]his Sunday marks the eighth anniversary of what has come to be known as the Wendy’s Massacre. On that fateful day, workers at one of the hamburger chain’s locations in Queens were busy closing down the store – wiping down counters, emptying the trash, and all the rest to prepare for the next day. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Retail workers know that closing the store can be a dangerous part of the job. It’s often late at night, no customers are around, and workers may be counting money. In addition to wanting to get home, security concerns are why retail workers can get a little bit edgy around closing time. The possibility of violent crime is why retail workers don’t open the door after closing for a passerby pleading to use the restroom.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Just after closing time was when John Taylor, a former employee of the Wendy's restaurant, chose to strike. Taylor, who was joined by an accomplice, knocked at the locked front door of the restaurant and called out for the store manager whom he knew by name. The manager subsequently went to the basement with one of the assailants. The rest is tragic, gruesome history.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The Wendy’s night crew was lured to the basement, bound and gagged, and shot at point-blank range inside the walk-in refrigerator. Four of the workers, Anita C. Smith, Ramon Nazario, Jeremy Mele, and Ali Ibadat were killed. The night manager, Jean Dumel Auguste, was also killed. Two workers, Jaquione Johnson and Patrick Castro, were shot in the head and face, respectively, and left for dead. They miraculously survived.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The families mourned and the city mourned with them. The mother of one of the victims sued Wendy’s for being negligent in its security precautions.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]As chilling and heart wrenching as the Wendy’s tragedy was, it does not stand alone. In 2000, the year of the Massacre, there were three mass fast food killings in the United States leaving 14 workers dead.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]John Taylor himself was a serial armed robber of fast food chains going back to 1996; he hit five restaurants the year before the Massacre including McDonald’s and Burger King.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Retail work can be deadly. 351 retail workers in the United States suffered fatal injuries on the job in 2006, according to government statistics. By contrast, 190 workers died in the mining industry that year, the year of the horrific tragedy at the Sago Mine. 138 of the retail worker deaths were by homicide.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In December of last year, the nation was transfixed as details emerged of a shooter entering an Omaha mall and opening fire with an assault rifle. Six of the fallen were department store employees. One of the surviving employees attempted to explain her grief. She was quoted in a news report sharing, “In retail, co-workers become a family of sorts because of the long hours spent at work.”[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The 19-year-old murderer dressed in camouflage had recently been cut loose from his job at McDonald’s. He ended the rampage by turning the weapon on himself. It was the second massacre at a U.S. mall that year. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]This year, Wendy’s has seen another high-profile mass shooting, this time at a Florida location which left a paramedic dead and four others injured. The day before, two Wendy's employees in Illinois were robbed at gunpoint and forced into a freezer by two masked men. The day after the shooting spree in Florida, a drive-through employee at a California Wendy's was confronted by a robber with a gun. Earlier this month, Wendy’s workers in Delaware were victims of an attempted robbery – at closing time. The list could go on and on. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The other chains are no different: just try logging on to a news search engine and typing “robbery” and “the name of a fast food chain”.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Retail work is undervalued and under-respected in our society thanks in large part to the global retail corporations. They use lobbying and slick public relations to block initiatives which would improve the standing of retail workers such as legislative reform to help workers achieve an independent voice on the job with a labor union. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The threat of violence is but one of the many, many reasons why retail workers deserve greater respect and recognition. In mourning the victims of the Wendy’s Massacre and all retail worker victims, I hope we are mindful of the danger of workplace violence which while often obscured from our customer experience is a very real part of workers’ daily lives[/SIZE][/FONT]

Daniel Gross: Remembering the Wendy's Massacre

Since most employers don't allow their employees to carry firearms, how does that Wendy's story fit in? While I'm sure some people would love it, I don't think I care much for the prospect of a fry chef carrying a loaded weapon while they scoop up my order.

ironmike67

EOG Senior Member

Since most employers don't allow their employees to carry firearms, how does that Wendy's story fit in? While I'm sure some people would love it, I don't think I care much for the prospect of a fry chef carrying a loaded weapon while they scoop up my order.

Bet those kids wished they had some thing to defend themselves!

They may still be alive if they had a gun!

That is how the story fits in about self defense and personal protection.

That article fits in to this thread better than any of your post! The question asked to us all was what kind of weapon do you own for home defence?

Hey NEWS FLASH for you nobody cares what you think on anything!
You have more ignores than Nic D , CapperJed and anti combined!

I would rather have most fry cooks carrying a loaded weapon , then many well armed Police officers. You know the guys with yellow tape and white chalk. Who always show up after your dead.Not to many police station are held up.We can not say the same for the fry cook place of employment can we!

I have the following:

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I would rather have most fry cooks carrying a loaded weapon , then many well armed Police officers. You know the guys with yellow tape and white chalk. Who always show up after your dead.Not to many police station are held up.We can not say the same for the fry cook place of employment can we!

Im still waiting for the day they get my order right and you want them all armed?:+textinb3

The General

Thanks for the conversation fellas. Good reading.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Charley Reese Told Me To Arm Myself[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Keith Hazelton
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Keith Hazelton[/FONT]
[/FONT]
<!-- Copyright 2001-2002, Clickability, Inc. All rights reserved.--><SCRIPT language=javascript1.2 src="http://a449.g.akamai.net/7/449/1776/000/button.clickability.com/10/button_1/button.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href; </SCRIPT><NOBR> </NOBR> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DIGG THIS
[/FONT]​
<!--/* Start OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--//<![CDATA[ var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php'); var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999); if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ','; document.write ("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src=""+m3_u); document.write ("?zoneid=5"); document.write ("&cb=' + m3_r); if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used); document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context)); if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>");//]]>--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php?zoneid=5&cb=4499518006&loc=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/orig9/hazelton1.html&referer=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
<!--/* End OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */-->
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Recently I took Charley Reese’s advice and exercised my Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. I’m trying to exercise as many of those constitutional rights as possible these days, while available, given the increasing tendency of governments and do-gooders to subjugate, circumvent or creatively interpret those rights. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fortunately I have not had occasion to try out the Fifth, Sixth or Seventh Amendments, but I thoroughly have enjoyed the First and now am looking forward to the Second. Gettin’ while the gettin’s good, I guess – one never knows these days.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For the first time in my life, at age 52, I’m a gun owner. I bought a pistol, to be precise, from a local dealer who did an instant background check (clean, apparently), swiped my credit card, and bagged up a serviceable Smith & Wesson 9mm with case, lock, cleaning kit and a hundred rounds of ammunition in the span of a quarter-hour.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I returned to the gun store, which also houses an indoor shooting range, a week later after learning everything I could about my S&W, including fieldstripping and cleaning. It was time to learn to shoot.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]It takes practice, as I learned. Handling the gun, shooting, adjusting sights, more shooting, cleaning, more shooting. Only after a couple of hundred rounds did I begin to feel comfortable handing my pistol, and that was in an indoor, controlled, target-practice environment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I brought my wife with me to the range the following week and taught her how to shoot. She liked it, and not only the part about pointing the pistol downrange, aiming and squeezing off a couple of rounds. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]She also learned how to load and insert clips, remove empty clips, and, most importantly (in addition to general gun safety), she learned how to rack the slide and lock it open and unlock it again, all without chipping a fingernail in the process.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Operating the slide was the most challenging aspect for her. It takes some strength, dexterity and practice, but by the end of our session she had it down, just like on television. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We will need considerably more practice and experience should we need to be able to react to a life-threatening situation, which is the other reason, besides target shooting, I took Charley’s advice.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]As Mr. Reese observed, "These days, everyone would do well to add a pinch of paranoia to his otherwise sunny disposition and trusting nature."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]So now we’re signed up for an Oklahoma Self-Defense Act class which, upon completion, will make us eligible to apply to the state for concealed carry permits. Once the permits are issued we will be legally enabled to carry a concealed weapon in Oklahoma and the 31 other states which honor Oklahoma’s permit, subject to a few obvious restricted places like schools, jails and sporting events.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Under what circumstances we will use our concealed carry permit we largely will determine based on the kind of situations in which we expect to find ourselves in the future. As an example, on a recent four-hour hike in the hills of southwest Oklahoma, all I had in my backpack, besides lunch, water and sunscreen, was a decent hunting knife, but, paraphrasing Charley, bringing a knife to a gunfight never does one all that much good.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Not that we expected a gunfight on the trails but next time, along with our permits, we’ll bring the pistol, and it will be ready on my hip, not unloaded in a backpack, because these days you just don’t know and fortune favors the well-prepared and well-armed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Good call, Charley. And it’s all the more timely given an upcoming Second Amendment decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in the matter of District of Columbia v. Heller, its first consideration of our right to bear arms in nearly 70 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For all the confusion the Second seems to cause, it appears pretty straightforward to me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Recently I read a commentary which interpreted the "well regulated" part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State…" as the ability of a state (or county, parish, city, town) to control – regulate – any and all aspects of gun ownership, as Washington D.C. has attempted.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I’m no constitutional lawyer, and I don’t play one on TV, but even I know the phrase "well regulated Militia" refers to well-trained, well-ordered, disciplined fighting units, like the British Army against which we fought for independence, whose members, in those Bill of Rights days, were called "regulars" (full-time professionals, as opposed to part-time reserves). [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Those British Army regulars were most unlike the farmers and shop keeps who originally comprised our colonial militias which combined to form the Continental Army led by George Washington.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]It would seem the Founders, who wanted no standing, "regular" army but having learned at great cost the risk of not having well-trained, well-ordered, disciplined fighting units available when necessary, determined that prohibiting private gun ownership might impair our preparedness and ability to repel future invading armies, such as the British, again, in 1812–1815.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In 2008, despite a standing national armed force and standing professional state militias, I would think the Founders would look favorably on any of us "people" owning guns and knowing how and when to use them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]After all, if our regular military, reserves and national guards all are out of town liberating the democracy-deficient peoples of the world, who else would be available to repel any future foreign invaders if our Second Amendment right becomes infringed?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]So thank you, Charley, for some common sense advice. We have taken while it remains our right to do so.[/FONT]

<DIR></DIR>
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]May 31, 2008[/FONT]

Charley Reese Told Me To Arm Myself by Keith Hazelton

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Machiavelli Was Right[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Charley Reese[/FONT]
by Charley Reese
<!-- Copyright 2001-2002, Clickability, Inc. All rights reserved.--><SCRIPT language=javascript1.2 src="http://a449.g.akamai.net/7/449/1776/000/button.clickability.com/10/button_1/button.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href; </SCRIPT>​
<!--/* Start OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--//<![CDATA[ var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php'); var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999); if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ','; document.write ("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src=""+m3_u); document.write ("?zoneid=5"); document.write ("&cb=' + m3_r); if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used); document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context)); if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>");//]]>--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php?zoneid=5&cb=10447675279&loc=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/reese/reese463.html&referer=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/reese/reese-arch.html" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<IFRAME name=google_ads_frame marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-9106533008329745&dt=1213013242281&lmt=1212799524&prev_fmts=468x60_as&format=300x250_as&output=html&correlator=1213013241390&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lewrockwell.com%2Freese%2Freese463.html&ad_type=text&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lewrockwell.com%2Freese%2Freese-arch.html&frm=0&cc=1320&ga_vid=1396883233.1202736903&ga_sid=1213013235&ga_hid=791459636&ga_fc=true&flash=9.0.115.0&u_h=600&u_w=800&u_ah=570&u_aw=800&u_cd=16&u_tz=-240&u_his=2&u_java=true" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250 allowTransparency></IFRAME><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
<!--/* End OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */-->
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Niccol? Machiavelli, who was a sort of Karl Rove of his day, though with more integrity, said of the Swiss that they were "the most free and most armed people" of Europe. Get it?[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] The connection between arms and freedom? [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]That statement is still true of the Swiss. Many people know that they practice neutrality, but not many know that they practice armed neutrality. If the gun controllers' claim that the mere presence of arms leads to mayhem were true, the Swiss would have wiped themselves out years ago. There are guns and gun ranges all over the place. You would be hard-pressed to find a Swiss home without a firearm and ammunition. Yet, the Swiss have a very low crime rate.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If you were a robber or a rapist, who would you rather have as a victim? Someone who is armed, or someone who is defenseless? Even a stupid criminal knows the answer to that question.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If the police can protect us – which is another claim the gun-control people make – then why are so many people murdered, raped and robbed? Even the television fictional stories tell you the answer to that. The cops get there after the crime has been committed. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a crime scene. Nearly all the cop shows open with the police looking at a dead, unarmed body.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Do you really believe that the men who had just fought a long and bloody war against the British and were writing what we call the Bill of Rights had this conversation:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Well, let's see. We've guaranteed freedom of assembly, of religion, of speech and of the press. Oh, my gosh, we've forgotten the duck hunters. They'll raise heck if we leave them out, so we'd better write an amendment for them."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Second Amendment has nothing whatsoever to do with hunting. It states: "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The men who wrote these amendments were pretty darn fluent in English. If they had intended the right to keep and bear arms to apply only to the militia, they would have said so. They would have written "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the states to arm their respective militias shall not be infringed."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]They didn't say that. The main sentence says "right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." "People" means everybody, not just the members of the militia. The subordinate clause, "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state," just gives one, but not the only, reason why all the people have a right to keep and bear arms. The militia, after all, was drawn from the people. It was not the Army. The first meaning of "bear," by the way, is to carry, bring or take. Americans have the right to keep arms and to carry them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The word "regulate" in those days meant trained, and do you notice again the connection between arms and freedom? The subordinate clause refers to a "free state." Obviously, an unfree state would not allow the people to be armed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Founding Fathers were not urban neurotics like so many of today's politicians. They were almost all outdoor people. Guns were to them just tools, like their axes or plows. You couldn't survive in the wilderness without firearms, and at the time of our Revolution, there were only about 3 million people from Maine to Georgia.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Nor were there any police forces. There was no Secret Service, FBI or any of the other alphabet law-enforcement agencies. If you decided to travel, you traveled at your own risk, and you can bet people traveled armed. When I was last at Williamsburg, Va., they had a room in one of the historical houses arranged as if a traveler had just arrived and unpacked. There on top of a dresser was a pistol. [/FONT]

Charley Reese Online - Machiavelli Was Right

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]June 7, 2008[/FONT]

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Smith & Wesson revolver to mark legal win

<!--//Byline box//-->By Greg Turner
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - Updated 1d 12h ago

<!--//Byline box end//--><!--// tool box//-->E-mail Printable (13) Comments Text size Share (0) Rate

<!--//tool box end//--><!--//article and page numbers//-->Smith & Wesson thinks the Supreme Court’s recent Second Amendment ruling is a legal victory worth notching on a gun.

The Springfield firearms manufacturer said yesterday it will make an engraved version of its Model 442 revolver to commemorate the historic June 26 high court decision striking down the District of Columbia’s strict handgun ban.

Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. said it will give a gun to each of the six plaintiffs in the case, including lead plaintiff Dick Heller, an armed security guard and hero to gun-rights advocates across the country. Heller couldn’t be reached yesterday.

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://oascentral.bostonherald.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/bh.heraldinteractive.com/business/general/article@Top,Right,Right1,Middle,Middle1,Bottom!Middle"></SCRIPT><!-- ValueClick Media 300x250 Medium Rectangle CODE for bostonherald.com --><SCRIPT language=javascript src="http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=5133&m=6&tp=8&d=j&t=n"></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!-- ValueClick Media 300x250 Medium Rectangle CODE for bostonherald.com -->
Gun dealers will start selling the revolver this fall, with some profits going to the Second Amendment Foundation, a pro-gun legal-action group that is teaming with Smith & Wesson on the project.

“I think it’s a phenomenal idea. It’s going to be a collector’s item for sure,” said Jim Wallace, executive director of the Northboro-based Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts. “I wouldn’t mind having it in my collection.”

Some see the special pistol as a shrewd move by Smith & Wesson to target gun enthusiasts, especially those who may still be sore about the company’s 2000 adoption of gun-safety measures to settle a federal lawsuit. That controversial capitulation sparked a National Rifle Association boycott.

“This commemorative gun, although seemingly tasteful, is clearly playing to the extreme gun-rights audience,” said John Rosenthal, the founder of Stop Handgun Violence Inc., a nonprofit group known for its gun-control billboard on the Massachusetts Turnpike near Fenway Park [map]. “It’s less than an honorable move.”

The Model 442 revolver has a suggested retail price of $561 but the commemorative version would presumably cost more.

Tom Taylor, Smith & Wesson’s vice president of marketing, did not return calls for comment.

Last month’s 5-4 ruling was the Supreme Court’s first conclusive interpretation of the Second Amendment since it was ratified in 1791, according to constitutional scholars. The decision affirmed the right to keep guns in self-defense in the home but at the same time was not expected to affect existing federal gun restrictions.

Photo by AP (File)
Dick Anthony Heller, an armed security guard who sued the District of Columbia after it rejected his application to keep a handgun at his Capitol Hill home, signs autographs outside the Supreme Court in Washington on June 26.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - Smith & Wesson is manufacturing a commemorative revolver in honor of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling that backed the right of individuals to own guns for self-defense.

The Springfield-based gun maker announced Monday it would present engraved Model 442 revolvers to the six plaintiffs in the lawsuit that led to the high court’s June 26 decision striking down a handgun ban in the District of Columbia.

The commemorative revolvers, made in partnership with the Second Amendment Foundation, will be sold in the fall, with a portion of sales going to the pro-gun legal group.

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://oascentral.bostonherald.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/bh.heraldinteractive.com/news/regional/general/article@Top,Right,Right1,Middle,Middle1,Bottom!Middle"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var ACE_AR = {Site: '753541', Size: '300250'};</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://uac.advertising.com/wrapper/aceUAC.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=VBscript>Dim adsVB,poadsVB=0If ScriptEngineMajorVersion >=2 then adsVB=1Function adsAX(aX)on error resume nextIf adsVB=1 thenadsAX=Falseset po=CreateObject(aX)adsAX=IsObject(po)If (err) then adsAX=FalseElseadsAX=FalseEnd IfEnd Function</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://servedby.advertising.com/site=753541/size=300250/u=1/bnum=64178828/hr=23/hl=3/c=2/scres=3/swh=800x600/tile=1/f=0/r=1/optn=1/fv=9/dref=http%253A%252F%252Fnews.bostonherald.com%252Fnews%252Fregional%252Fgeneral%252Fview%252F2008_07_21_Smith___Wesson_to_commemorate_landmark_gun_ruling%252F" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
Smith & Wesson said the gun’s right-side plate will be engraved with the words “D.C. vs. Heller” on a scale of justice, which is tipped toward Heller. “Second Amendment” and “The right to keep and bear arms” will appear below the scale

http://news.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1108317

I am a NINJA WARRIOR.Therefore all I am is all I need.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

October 21, 2008

L. Neil Smith: A Weapon of Thought -- on Heller and Gun Rights

Posted by Stephan Kinsella at October 21, 2008 12:50 AM

Writes libertarian sci-fi author and gun-rights advocate L. Neil Smith in a recent widely-distributed email: "Although many gun rights advocates mistakenly believe that the recent Heller Supreme Court decision was a victory for our side, in fact it authorizes all manner of infringements -- in the form of "reasonable" regulation -- on the individual right to own and carry weapons."

The email's full text is below. (See also JPFO: "Heller is Hell for Gun Owners"; More Heller-aceous Damage to Gun Rights.)
A WEAPON OF THOUGHT

By L. Neil Smith <LNEIL@NETZERO.COM>
Aaron Zelman, founder and executive director of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, has announced creation of a vital and unique new resource for advocates of the individual right to own and carry weapons.

2A Today for the USA is a free 23-minute video presentation, a weapon of thought, specifically produced to disrupt and destroy the evil, inhumane agenda of victim disarmers and gun prohibitionists with generous applications of legal and historical truth. Because JPFO encourages the widest possible distribution of this film, it is being offered on the Internet for free, with numerous options for viewing or downloading.

Quite simply put, in these frightening times we're living through today, you must use this video -- or lose your guns.

Although many gun rights advocates mistakenly believe that the recent Heller Supreme Court decision was a victory for our side, in fact it authorizes all manner of infringements -- in the form of "reasonable" regulation -- on the individual right to own and carry weapons. 2A Today for the USA sets the legal and historical record straight.

In the current national election -- no matter what political propagandists are saying now -- both sides are sworn and established enemies of private, individual gun ownership, who either don't understand the Second Amendment, or willfully misinterpret it. 2A Today for the USA exposes them for what they are: ruthless would-be dictators who find a well-armed populace an inconvenience to their plans.

One thing is certain: whoever wins this election, we will have no friends in the White House for the next four to eight years. Even if John McCain wins, and Sarah Palin means what she appers to say on Second Amendment issues, she won't be the boss, and she won't be able to dissuade her boss from ravaging our rights as he has always tried to do.

We all know the setup: cowardly Republican president wants some pet bill passed; predatory Democratic congress tacks on an anti-gun hitchhiker; cowardly Republican folds like a dollar bill and more of our rights disappear.

Clearly, you must use this video -- or lose your guns.

Go to: <http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/2a-today-download.htm> to view or download the movie, which was made possible by JPFO's members and supporters.

Please send this announcement to your friends and everyone on your address lists. That should include every gun owner, every gun dealer, every hunting buddy, and everyone else you know.

Make sure JPFO's video is seen -- as a warning, if nothing else -- by anyone in a position to help take your guns away. Start modestly, with just half a dozen city council members, then work your way up to the mayor, city manager, municipal and county judges, county commissioners, the governor, state and federal representatives, senators, and judges.

What does it cost, how much time does it take, to send an e-mail?
You must use this video -- or lose your guns.

Be relentless with the media -- with radio stations, newspapers, and television. Be sure to include any clubs you may belong to: they all start their meetings with the Pledge of Allegiance, make sure they know what it really means.

Don't overlook "friends of the NRA" -- they need to be shown the truth more than most. Here's something you can do: tell your friends that when they are approached by various gun groups for money, they should demand that the group encourage their members to watch _2A Today for the USA_ on the Internet or there will be no more donations or memberships for phony "freedom fighters".

Tell them they must use this video -- or lose their guns.

Follow whatever viewing or downloading procedure best suits your preferences, and download/bandwidth options. PC users can right click and choose "save target as" on links to download the files to your computer. There are also links to YouTube and Blip.TV. Please email us if you have any problems.

Again, <HTTP: www.jpfo.org filegen-a-m 2a-today-download.htm>

Remember, you must use this video -- or lose your guns.

================================================================
Four-time Prometheus Award-winner L. Neil Smith has written on guns and gun ownership for more than 30 years. He is the author of 27 books, the most widely-published and prolific libertarian novelist in the world, and is considered an expert on the ethics of self-defense.

His writings (including The Probability Broach, Roswell, Texas and the newly re-released Tom Paine Maru) may be seen on the following sites:
LNS at JPFO: http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/lneilsmith.htm
BigHeadPress.com: http://www.bigheadpress.com/

Arc Manor/Phoenix Pick: http://www.phoenixpick.com/

The Libertarian Enterprise: http://www.ncc-1776.org/

The Webley Page: http://www.lneilsmith.org/

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/023589.html

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

I have bought no weapons to protect my house.

My little Ruger mini 30 semi auto is perfect for fast shots in the woods for deer. It may have some value for defence with my 20 round mags. In case the deer population gets out of hand, I have 600 rounds in stock.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Arming Yourself for the Future[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Greg Perry
by Greg Perry [/FONT]
[/FONT]
<!-- Copyright 2001-2002, Clickability, Inc. All rights reserved.--><SCRIPT language=javascript1.2 src="http://a449.g.akamai.net/7/449/1776/000/button.clickability.com/10/button_1/button.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href; </SCRIPT><NOBR> </NOBR> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DIGG THIS
[/FONT]​
<!--/* Start OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--//<![CDATA[ var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php'); var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999); if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ','; document.write ("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src='"+m3_u); document.write ("?zoneid=5"); document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r); if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used); document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context)); if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>");//]]>--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php?zoneid=5&cb=55261920771&loc=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/perry/perry47.html&referer=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><OBJECT id=Advertisement height=250 width=300 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--// <![CDATA[var ox_swf = new FlashObject('http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ai.php?filename=lewrockwell_300x250.swf&contenttype=swf', 'Advertisement', '300', '250', '6');ox_swf.addVariable('alink1', 'http%3A%2F%2Fadserve.lewrockwell.com%2Fwww%2Fdelivery%2Fck.php%3Foaparams%3D2__bannerid%3D43__zoneid%3D5__cb%3Dc2bc07ee7b__maxdest%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fsilverstockreport.com');ox_swf.addVariable('atar1', '');ox_swf.addParam('allowScriptAccess','always');ox_swf.write('ox_84896ef8cb857e1b15bcbf8a8aeb6e17');// ]]> --></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
<!--/* End OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */-->[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I was sad to see that AmmoMan.com, the best place on earth in my humble opinion to get ammo for the past several years, increased its prices 25% basically overnight Tuesday. AmmoMan is not alone as the news today was filled with stories about gun stores across the country running out of weapons and ammunition. The reason is obvious.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]What was about $200 per case of 1,000 rounds Monday is now $249. I only checked the 7.62 stock but my friends tell me the higher prices are uniform elsewhere on all ammunition. I looked up the prices on some small pistol reloading primers I am selling on GunBroker.com right now and I was shocked to see that many mail-order companies are currently "Out of Stock" on them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I woke up Wednesday morning without any more of a worry than I had when I awoke Tuesday morning. Was the election a death-knell for America? Well yes in many ways it was death for many things due to changes that will surely come, but as Becky Akers said so well, the sun still came up. Some eyes will be opened. Things will be worse than some predict and better than others predict.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A price will be paid by all of us.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I just wish it wasn’t the price of ammunition.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Don’t Panic![/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Arthur Dent did not heed those words as often as he should have but if you want to be a good steward of your family’s resources as I want to be, then Don’t Panic.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]No matter bad it will or will not get, the problems will not come for us in any immediate way. Certainly not so much so that we should accept a 25% hit on ammo.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The price increase may be greater as the next few days roll on. Here was the message atop the AmmoMan.com website today:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]AMMOMAN.COM WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY NEW ORDERS FOR A DAY OR TWO
WE ARE 2000 ORDERS BEHIND AND NEED TO CATCH UP
WE WILL NOT BE TAKING PHONE OR FAX ORDERS
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER THE PHONES
IT MAY TAKE UP TO 3 DAYS OR MORE TO ANSWER YOUR E-MAILS
PLEASE BE PATIENT AND WE WILL BE WORKING SATURDAY AND SUNDAY TO CATCH UP
WE WERE GETTING UP TO 800 ORDERS A DAY AND THAT'S JUST TOO MUCH FOR US
THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
[/FONT]
<DIR></DIR>[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If you live in a relatively free state that allows gun shows – and if you don’t, then why don’t you? – you should attend any and all shows the next few weeks to look for better prices on ammunition if you’re of the mindset that you should stock up now while you still can legally. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]What Changed?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Absolutely nothing has changed for the immediate time frame.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]This is what is happening all across the country: ammo sales are skyrocketing. Just as Clinton's election was healthy for the gun industry, Barry’s election will be even healthier given the death and pestilence many see him bringing to America. Right now, weapon distributors are having a great Christmas. Ammo outlets are right now trying to restock with massive supplies of ammunition.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Their current big initial orders will die down once the initial shock for all of those blind Americans who actually thought Barry would not win is past.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]My conclusion is this: ammo dealers will soon have massive stockpiles they cannot keep selling in the quantities these are selling this week. Prices will be back to $200 per thousand (for 7.62x39) or whatever you were accustomed to last week for your sought-after caliber very soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]What Do You Do?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If I am wrong, then prices will go up. Your risk should not depend on what I say but how you perceive the situation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Although I am focused on ammo right now, many of you are focused on weapons. As ammo goes, so goes the weapons that shoot ammo. I'm going to wait it out some before adding to my ammunition supply. I think prices will soften and soften quickly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Prices will surely go back up again when Barry is sworn in but the rise will probably not be as dramatic as this week’s rise and prices will probably go back down quickly to more normal levels.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I am not a prophet! Still, as I’m telling you here I predict prices will go back down… for a while. Then they will go up for good until some unforeseeable change. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will things get so bad that prices go through roof after he is sworn in? Of course. Will the Democrat Communists in the Senate put a 4,000% tax on ammo sales? You know the answer to that as well as I do; they sure want to.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Therefore, it is incumbent upon you to buy what you think you will need for the coming reckoning. But I suggest you do not rush into the current frenzy to pay today's prices. I believe the market will pressure these prices down before prices finally go back up again perhaps forever.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]But How Much Ammo Do I Need Anyway?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]You need exactly one case more than you currently have. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]That is always the answer for everybody in all times no matter what your current supply is by the way.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Good Days Ahead - Perhaps 30 to 60 of them Only Though, And Not All At Once...[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I think we will see windows of good price opportunity when ammo suppliers see this current rush dwindle and they see their re-orders come in by the truckloads. If you worry about today’s ammo prices, stay on top of ammo web sites daily to catch the deals when they have to unload this extra supply. My conclusion of lower prices ahead is based on the laws of supply-and-demand, which are almost as reliable as the law of gravity. This is why I believe these current high prices are unsustainable.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] I am open to correction if you see this situation differently. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If you think there is no turning back and that we need to buy ammo now no matter what the price I’m open to hearing what you have to say. But we are seeing worldwide commodity prices drop dramatically as the world economies are destroyed one by one by bail-out programs wrought by the Democrat Communists and Republican Communists (basically all but about one in Congress today), and their equivalents around the world.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I would love to hear if you think prices are the best today they will get in many years ahead and that they will never get better in the foreseeable future. But please give your reasonings; I have it on Good authority that iron sharpens iron.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In the meantime I’m looking for a good deal on 7.62x39 if you know of any. All I need is one more case…[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]November 10, 2008[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.lewrockwell.com/perry/perry47.html

Lt. Dan

EOG Member

The only handgun that I own now is a Ruger Standard 8 shot .22. When I lived in the city ,I used to play with S&W .357, .41 & .44.. .22 is enough, ask Bobby Kennedy. Pistol permits are very hard to come by in NY. I am not licensed to pack in the city. I have a closet full of rifles and shotguns. My ex-girlfriend used to work for Remington.

Nobody is trying to take your sporting arms from you, don't believe it! Never happen. It still doesn't make sense to hunt w/ an AK. Got shot twice w/ an AK and I am still alive. The bad guys can always get the weapons they want, if you have cash, anything is possible.

Lt. Dan

EOG Member

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING CURRENTLY...

12 GA SHOTGUN 28 INCH MOD CHOKE REVELATION MADE IN USA

P22 CAL SMITH & WESSON WALTHER MADE IN GERMANY

9MM GLOCK MADE IN AUSTRIA

9MM BRYCO 58 JENNINGS MADE IN USA

Happy Birthday Marine!

SF,

Lt. Dan

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=newsHead1 align=middle>"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=copy>Friday, November 07, 2008</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=copy>Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent."

Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment."

The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole."

There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof."

"Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=newsHead1 align=middle>The Real Obama—From Someone Who Knows</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=copy></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=copy>
Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson Issues Open Letter to Nation's Sportsmen Regarding Obama's TRUE History in the Illinois Senate

We've repeatedly warned readers not to believe Barack Obama when he claims to support our Second Amendment rights. We have told you the truth--that Barack Obama is the most anti-gun presidential candidate in American history!

Hands down. No question. Barack Obama opposes the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding, freedom-loving, American firearm owners.

We've given the facts, and provided the documentation. But if you know someone who's still not convinced, you'll want to share with them a recent, open letter to our nation's gun owners, hunters, and sportsmen, written by Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) Executive Director Richard Pearson. Pearson's credentials include deep involvement in the firearm rights movement for more than 40 years. He's been the chief lobbyist for the ISRA for the past 15 years. And, most importantly, because of his personal experience, he knows Barack Obama's true stance on the Second Amendment.
In his letter, Mr. Pearson says, "I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama's attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than does Barack Obama."

Mr. Pearson goes on to describe just some of Obama's anti-gun voting record, saying, "While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly confiscate banned guns." Obama also voted FOUR TIMES against legislation that would protect a homeowner who use a firearm in defense of home and family!

It doesn't get much plainer than that, folks. This letter is a must-read for every pro-freedom, pro-self-defense, pro-Second Amendment American.

To read the entire letter, please click here. Then be sure to forward the link to every Second Amendment supporter you know. The truth about Obama's stance on firearms and the Second Amendment needs to be told—again!

To see Obama's whole record for yourself, please visit www.GunBanObama.com.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4227

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Nobody is trying to take your sporting arms from you, don't believe it! Never happen. It still doesn't make sense to hunt w/ an AK. Got shot twice w/ an AK and I am still alive. The bad guys can always get the weapons they want, if you have cash, anything is possible.
Well said LT! Fanatics will have you believe anything, just like the Klan. In fact, probably one and the same.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

http://www.lewrockwell.com/suprynowicz/suprynowicz103.html

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Time To Bury the Guns … or To Load Them?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Vin Suprynowicz[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I have my ongoing differences with the National Rifle Association, whose executives have met far too many unconstitutional gun regulations they think are “just right.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]But I appreciated their press release of Sept. 10, responding to a rally in rural Lebanon, Virginia, where “Barack Obama made another one of his empty election-year promises not to take away shotguns, rifles or handguns if elected president.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Chief NRA lobbyist Chris Cox responded: “He has supported bans on handguns and semi-automatic firearms, and he has voted to ban possession of many shotguns and rifles commonly used by hunters and sportsmen across America. And we will remind voters every single time he lies.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In 2003 while serving in the Illinois State Legislature, Obama voted in favor of a bill in the Judiciary Committee that would have made it illegal to “knowingly manufacture, deliver or possess” a so-called “semi-automatic assault weapons,” the NRA researchers learned. “Under this bill, a firearm did not actually have to be semi-automatic to be banned. According to definitions in the bill, all single-shot and double-barreled shotguns 28-gauge or larger, and many semi-automatic shotguns of the same size, would be banned as ‘assault weapons.’[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“This definition would have banned a large percentage of the shotguns used for hunting, target shooting and self-defense in the United States. The bill also would have banned hundreds of models of rifles and handguns.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Any Illinois resident who possessed one of these commonly used guns 90 days after the effective date would have had to ‘destroy the weapon or device, render it permanently inoperable, relinquish it to a law enforcement agency, or remove it from the state.’ Anyone who still possessed a banned gun would have been subject to a felony sentence.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Obama may argue the bill was poorly drafted,” said Cox. “But Barack Obama – who brags about being a constitutional law professor and the former president of the Harvard Law Review – voted for it. That’s pathetic.”[/FONT]

<HR align=center width=300>[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]B.R. writes in from Pahrump, Nevada:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“I moved from California eight years ago. … I haven’t researched its current gun laws, but I doubt that they have become more lax since I left. In your column, you refer to prohibited ‘loaded guns in parks’ unless locked in a trunk, etc. I believe that’s an error.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“When I lived there, you couldn’t carry a loaded weapon locked in a car trunk anywhere in the state. Loosely interpreted, the law stated that ammunition had to be stored completely separate from the weapon, with three distinct acts required to combine the two. That basically meant that one component had to be in the glove compartment or other locked container, and the other had to be in the trunk, or locked box if in the back of a truck, etc. The three acts would then be comprised of unlocking the glove box to access the gun or ammo, exiting the vehicle, and unlocking the trunk to get at the other component.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“I know that some cops were relaxed about enforcing such strict laws. I personally had a cop find a loaded 9 mm pistol under my seat during a routine traffic stop. (No, I didn’t prevent him from searching my vehicle. I usually try not to piss cops off.) He asked why I had a loaded weapon hidden from view. I explained that I worked graveyard shift in downtown L.A. and didn’t want to be defenseless. He said he understood, but that he could arrest me. He didn’t, but he advised me that other cops might not be so understanding, so please follow the law.[/FONT]

KNOW THE TRUTH

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

I just stopped at http://www.cabelas.com/ and found out they are out of stock on Item:IJ-215173 .45 ACP. However you can get a $30 off coupon on orders of > $150 emailed to you and use it on this order.

It will come when it comes but you are charged today's price when it is shipped.

This may or may not work on your computer. Shipping is little for so heavy an item.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h/search-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Less Than 60 Shopping Days Till the Big Gun Grab[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Vin Suprynowicz[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
by Vin Suprynowicz
[/FONT]
DIGG THIS
[/FONT]​
<!--/* Start OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--//<![CDATA[ var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php'); var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999); if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ','; document.write ("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src='"+m3_u); document.write ("?zoneid=5"); document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r); if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used); document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context)); if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>");//]]>--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php?zoneid=5&cb=68696159208&loc=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/suprynowicz/suprynowicz104.html&referer=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
<!--/* End OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */-->[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]It’s been a week and a half since Barack Obama was elected president. He won’t take office for another two months. But he’s already got one big group of Americans on their feet. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]What is Barack Obama’s position on the rights to bear arms? [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sen. Obama’s campaign Web site says he “respects the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms.” It promises he will “protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport and use guns.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Seeking to reassure gun owners, Obama told a campaign audience in Ohio in October: “I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won’t take your handgun away.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]But the crowds mobbing America’s gun stores this week say a large number of Americans – including first-time gun-buyers – don’t believe it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In 2003, while serving in the Illinois State Legislature, Barack Obama voted in favor of a bill in the Judiciary Committee that would have made it illegal to “knowingly manufacture, deliver or possess” so-called “semi-automatic assault weapons,” reports Chris Cox, chief lobbyist for the National Rifle Association. “Under this bill, a firearm did not actually have to be semi-automatic to be banned. According to definitions in the bill, all single-shot and double-barreled shotguns 28-gauge or larger, and many semi-automatic shotguns of the same size, would be banned as ‘assault weapons.’ [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Any Illinois resident who possessed one of these commonly used guns 90 days after the effective date would have had to ‘destroy the weapon or device, render it permanently inoperable, relinquish it to a law enforcement agency, or remove it from the state.’ Anyone who still possessed a banned gun would have been subject to a felony sentence.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In an April television debate, Sen. Obama argued someone else on his staff improperly filled out a 1996 questionnaire stating support for a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of handguns – even after ABC News’ Charlie Gibson told Obama “Your writing was on the questionnaire.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]And the National Shooting Sports Foundation sent out mailers last month warning that – while in The U.S. Senate – Sen. Obama voted for versions of Senate Bill 397 that could have bankrupted gun manufacturers by allowing them to be sued for misuse of their products (“equivalent to holding car makers responsible for drunk driving”), as well as for a 500 percent tax increase on guns and ammo and a ban on virtually all deer-hunting ammunition. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Americans aren’t waiting to see which Barack Obama takes office in January. They’re voting with their feet, and their billfolds. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Glen Parshall of Bargain Pawn in North Las Vegas reported Wednesday that sales are “through the roof. I can’t get anything. I mean handguns, rifles, ammo, you name it. Ammo’s doubled in (wholesale) price in the past week if you can find it. I had a line of people waiting for me this morning when I showed up for work, waiting to buy AR-15s. Everybody’s fearful of the messiah, very, very much fearful, I mean hanging their heads and cannot believe he got elected fearful. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“We had that rush in ’94 when they passed the first so-called assault weapons ban, but that’s nothing compared to what we’ve got going on now. I mean, people come through the door asking me ‘If I buy this now, they won’t be able to confiscate it next year, will they’? I tell them ‘My crystal ball is in the shop.’ [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“My biggest distributors nationwide, they’ve got a strict allocation of two AR-15 rifles per week per dealer – if they get them. Everybody wants ’em. Brownell’s is out of everything: nuts and bolts and screws. I just got done ordering a few barrels and upper receivers a few nights ago, but they’re out of magazines. I can’t buy a Glock anywhere in the country except the oddball ones, weird calibers or the ones in green with orange slides, things like that. I did find a couple ARs last week, match rifles that go for $2,000, I’ve got those coming in for customers. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“In October before this all started, my sales were approximately double what they were last October. This week it’s up more than that, and it’d be a hell of a lot higher if I had anything. People are looking for handguns, looking for rifles, looking for magazines. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Ammunition? 7.62-by-39 was $180 a case last month, now it’s $350 for a (thousand-round) case. .223 was $300 a case, I haven’t been able to find any, but it would run me over $400 if I could get any. A guy across town got in two pallets” (about 100,000 rounds) “of 9 millimeter, it lasted about a day and a half. It’s absolutely mind-boggling. I’m still selling a lot of revolvers. I can’t get short shotguns.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]But why do his customers believe Democrats impose more gun bans, we asked Mr. Parshall, who’s sold guns and gold in this town for decades. After all, aren’t crime rates highest precisely where law-abiding citizens are barred from carrying weapons for their own defense? [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“That’s not what they care about. They’re socialists. They want to be in total control. They want to confiscate – that’s their word – all the IRAs and 401-Ks, put them in a government fund paying you 3 percent interest. People are afraid.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“People are terrified of losing their right to protect themselves,” DeWayne Irwin, owner of Cheaper Than Dirt, a large gun store in Ft. Worth, Texas tells the Chicago Tribune. “The volume is ten times what we ever expected. It started with assault rifles, but at this point, people are buying ammunition, high capacity magazines, Glocks – it’s all flying off the shelf. With the economy the way it is, people are worried about instability. They are scared of civil unrest.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Why are white people buying assault weapons?” asks Ben Agger, a sociology professor at the University of Texas at Arlington who wrote a book about the Virginia Tech slayings. “I almost hate to say it, but there is a deep-seated fear of the armed black man, because Obama now commands the military and other instruments of the justice system,” Professor Agger told the Chicago Tribune, a newspaper which routinely refers to semi-automatic rifles as “assault rifles,” which they are not. “They are afraid Obama will exact retribution for the very deep-seated legacy of slavery,” Professor Agger figures. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Oh, please. What we’re seeing in the gun stores this week is not a nation arming itself for revolt, but Americans in a thoroughly defensive mode, stocking up now to avoid the Democratic gun bans they believe are coming. What many Americans fear is that Barack Obama – aided by congressional allies like Senators Dianne Feinstein of California and Charles Schumer of New York – will revert to his true, pre-campaign nature come Jan. 20, and once more move to take away Americans’ guns. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Obama “says he’s in favor of common sense gun laws,” says DeWayne Irwin. “Well, what people up north think is common sense is something different from us down here in Texas. The criminals have all this illegal stuff. I don’t want to fight them with a handgun if I can get an AK. I’m entitled to that. I should be able to defend my home.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]“We’ve had a lot of people concerned because our president-elect is extremely anti-gun and so is his running mate,” says Jerry Bricco, owner of First Class Firearms in suburban Zion, Illinois. “They’re afraid of future gun bans and what you will be allowed to get.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]After all, Democrats have tried before. In fact, a notable public figure said after Republicans recaptured Congress in 1994 that that happened precisely because Democrats tried to take away Americans’ guns. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Who was that insightful analyst? [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Bill Clinton.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]November 19, 2008[/FONT][/FONT]
http://www.lewrockwell.com/suprynowicz/suprynowicz104.html

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

November 30, 2008

How Gun Control Laws Contributed To the Mumbai Slaughter

Posted by Butler Shaffer at November 30, 2008 07:14 PM
An interesting article, from October, 2005, provided by www.gunowners.org:
Gun Control And Self-defense Against Terrorism In India
by Abhijeet Singh

Colonial Roots of Gun-Control

I live in India and I am a proud firearm owner -- but I am the exception not the norm, an odd situation in a country with a proud martial heritage and a long history of firearm innovation. This is not because the people of India are averse to gun ownership, but instead due to Draconian anti-gun legislation going back to colonial times.

To trace the roots of India's anti-gun legislation we need to step back to the latter half of the 19th century. The British had recently fought off a major Indian rebellion (the mutiny of 1857) and were busy putting in place measures to ensure that the events of 1857 were never repeated. These measures included a major restructuring of administration and the colonial British Indian Army along with improvements in communications and transportation. Meanwhile the Indian masses were systematically being disarmed and the means of local firearm production destroyed, to ensure that they (the Indian masses) would never again have the means to rise in rebellion against their colonial masters. Towards this end the colonial government, under Lord Lytton as Viceroy (1874 -1880), brought into existence the Indian Arms Act, 1878 (11 of 1878); an act which, exempted Europeans and ensured that no Indian could possess a weapon of any description unless the British masters considered him a "loyal" subject of the British Empire.

An example of British thinking in colonial times:

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion." --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

And thoughts (on this subject) of the man who wanted to rule the world:

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." -- Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944)

The leaders of our freedom struggle recognised this, even Gandhi the foremost practitioner of passive resistance and non-violence had this to say about the British policy of gun-control in India:

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238)
Post Independence

India became independent in 1947, but it still took 12 years before this act was finally repealed. In 1959 the British era Indian Arms Act, 1878 (11 of 1878.) was finally consigned to history and a new act, the Arms Act, 1959 was enacted. This was later supplemented by the Arms Rules, 1962. Unfortunately this new legislation was also formulated based on the Indian Government's innate distrust its own citizens. Though somewhat better than the British act, this legislation gave vast arbitrary powers to the "Licensing Authorities", in effect ensuring that it is often difficult and sometimes impossible for an ordinary law abiding Indian citizen to procure an arms license.

"A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie." -- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Also the policy of throttling private arms manufacturing was continued even after independence. Limits on the quantity and type of arms that could be produced by private manufacturers were placed -- ensuring that the industry could never hope to be globally competitive and was instead consigned to producing cheap shotguns, of mostly indifferent quality, in small quantities. A citizen wishing to purchase a decent firearm depended solely on imports, which were a bit more expensive but vastly superior in quality.

More Recently

This changed towards the mid to late 1980s, when the Government, citing domestic insurgency as the reason, put a complete stop to all small arms imports. The fact that there is no documented evidence of any terrorists ever having used licensed weapons to commit an act of terror on Indian soil seems to be of no consequence to our Government. The prices of (legal & licensed) imported weapons have been on an upward spiral ever since -- beating the share market and gold in terms of pure return on investment. Even the shoddy domestically produced guns suddenly seem to have found a market. Also since the Government now had a near monopoly on (even half-way decent) arms & ammunition for the civilian market, they started turning the screws by pricing their crude public sector products (ammunition, rifles, shotguns & small quantities of handguns) at ridiculously high rates -- products that frankly, given a choice no one would ever purchase.

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- George Orwell, the author of Animal Farm and 1984, himself a socialist

Why Citizens Need to be Armed

Curtailing gun ownership, to curb violent crime, through denying licenses or making legal arms & ammunition ridiculously expensive is based on flawed reasoning. The fact is that licensed firearms are found to be used in a statistically insignificant number of violent crimes, motorcycles & cars are far more dangerous. The certainty that a potential victim is unarmed is an encouragement to armed criminals. Less guns, more crime. Most violent crimes involving firearms are committed using untraceable illegal guns. Terrorists or the mafia are not going to be deterred by gun-control laws, they will be willing and able to procure arms of their choice and use them to commit crimes irrespective of any laws. Ironically in India it is cheaper (by several times) to buy the same gun in the black market than it is to buy it legally!

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You'll pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins." -- Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, Mafia hit man

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside.... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them...." -- Thomas Paine, Thoughts on Defensive War in 1775
And from the world's gentlest human being:

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times) speaking at the "Educating Heart Summit" in Portland, Oregon, when asked by a girl how to react when a shooter takes aim at a classmate

It is, of course, no coincidence that the right to have guns is one of the earlier freedoms outlined in U.S.A.'s Bill of Rights. Without guns in the hands of the people, all the other freedoms are easily negated by the State. If you disagree with that statement, ask yourself if the Soviets could have murdered millions of people? Had the Ukrainian been armed with rifles and pistols -- there weren't enough NKVD troops to do the job.

Closer home take the case of the Godhra carnage and the anti-Sikh riots of 1984. Would wanton mobs have slaughtered so many innocent people with such disregard to consequences if their potential victims had been armed and ready to defend themselves? A serious consideration should be given to an armed civilian population as a solution to religious and racial riots as well as other crimes. Since all criminals are instinctively driven by self-preservation allowing legal ownership of firearms by law abiding citizens would act as a serious deterrent. This will make sure that if the Govt. fails to do its duty to protect the life and liberty of its citizens (as it has so often done in India's recent past), citizens will be able to protect themselves. I'll take some potential objections and try to answer them:

Arguments & Counter-Arguments

Q1. Won't legal owners of arms use the firearms to kill and murder others?
Ans. When a man holds a rifle, he becomes almost godlike: suddenly, he has the ability to deal death and injury to another over a considerable distance -- to send, as it were, a thunderbolt of Zeus. For some men, unquestionably, this power is going to be abused, just as some men will always drive a fast car at reckless speeds. For the vast majority of men, however, this power produces precisely the opposite effect: they are humbled by the power they hold, and they become more responsible in its use. That is why, in a nation like the United States with well over seventy million gun owners, only a tiny fraction, less than half a tenth of one percent, use a gun to commit a crime each year. Also since the firearms would be registered with the Govt. along with the owners address, the type of the firearm, its serial number etc. Those (the criminals) who want to commit crimes will not and DO NOT bother to purchase firearms legally and register them. They can and do buy them from the black market (at a fraction of the cost of a legal firearm, I might add). Legal ownership will allow law abiding citizens to protect their and others life and property.

Q2. Won't there be a free for all during riots?

Ans. By definition riots ARE free for all. However, very few people will participate in riots knowing that a large number of law abiding citizens own firearms in the area. This will actually prevent riots. Riots are mostly started by miscreants (unscrupulous politicians?) who want to benefit from the chaos of riots. However, the risk (loss of life or limb) for the miscreant in starting and/ or participating in such riots, when a large number of the general civilian population owns legal firearms, is significant. Therefore in most cases miscreants will not dare to start riots in the first place.

Q3.What about domestic violence and firearms?

Ans. Domestic violence has nothing to do with firearm ownership. Firearms are merely a tool -- not the cause of violence, to quote a famous NRA slogan "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". Women in India face domestic violence even today with very limited legal gun ownership. If anything, legal firearms in the hands of women might help even the odds -- by removing the physical weakness of women from the equation.

Q4. What about accidents?

Ans. More people in India get killed in automobile accidents than firearm accidents. In countries where gun ownership rates are high like the United States (which has a firearm to population ratio of approx 96:100, i.e., almost 1 firearm for every man woman & child), Switzerland, New Zealand etc. several times more people die in road accidents than from firearm accidents. Firearm accidents can be further minimised by making a gun-safety course mandatory before a permit is issued -- so long as this is not used as another excuse to delay or deny permits.

Q5. What about firearm assisted suicides?

Ans. A suicidal person has many different available ways to end his/ her life. Firearms are just another means for him/ her. Statistically suicide rates have little correlation with firearm ownership patterns. Many countries with strict anti-gun legislation have high suicide rates and vice versa.

Q6. Are there any working systems and what are the results?

Ans. Yes, for example in U.S.A., Switzerland, New Zealand. One must note here that different states in US have different degrees of gun ownership and firearm restrictions. Interestingly the states with more restrictions on gun ownerships have a higher crime rate than those that are less restrictive.

I do not condone violence or a violent solution to problems, but there can be no justification for not letting people be prepared to defend their own and their families' lives and property. When one is surrounded by mobs bent on setting you on fire and the like, in a country where policing is non-existent, owning firearms by people will have a great deterrent effect on mobs. Of course, if I could sue the police for not giving me complete protection, then I might feel differently (but don't count on it). But by law the State cannot be at fault for not protecting its citizens -- so if the cops take 25 minutes (or several hours) to respond to your call, and in those 25 minutes a criminal kicks open your door, shoots you and your wife, rapes your 11-year-old daughter, and beats your baby to death, that's just tough luck. What about incidents like 1984 and Godhra, where the local administration and police wilfully neglected their duty to protect the citizens of this country?

Please also read the entertaining Parable of the Sheep for an explanation so simple that even a child can understand it.

As the Indian Law stands today a citizen of this country cannot even own a stick without inviting a penalty of 7 years in prison. We live in a country where we have still not cast off the yoke of antiquated laws made by our colonial masters to keep us oppressed and at the mercy of the government, notwithstanding the lofty vision of the first page of our constitution.

Harping on the few who unfortunately misuse firearms unfairly ignores those millions of us spread all over the world who own and use them responsibly. Dreaming romantically about a world where everything has been made perfectly safe "for the children" is just that, dreaming. I've tried visualising world peace until I'm about ready to have an out of body experience, but as soon as I open my eyes, they're bombing civilians in the North East or gunning down innocents in Kashmir. Welcome to the real world.
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- George Mason

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/024230.html

The Seer

EOG Dedicated
WEAPONS HOME/PERSONAL PROTECTION

WEAPONS HOME/PERSONAL PROTECTION

The prices of (legal & licensed) imported weapons have been on an upward spiral ever since

In 1987 a lawful citizen could buy a new M-16 for under $900 plus the 1934 tax of $200. The supply was frozen in 1988. In 1992 I bought an Amercian Arms 180. It was a great fun gun as it shot .22Lr and I could shoot it a lot. It was $795 new and I paid $1900. I sold it for 3300 in 2002. See a while ago's price. Not for sale now.

<TABLE cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">Price: $10,499.99
<SMALL>Impact Item #: MGT-B01010
<!-- Extra shipping charge
-->
Sold
</SMALL><NOBR><!-- ADD TO CART -->[Add </NOBR>

'I do not wish I had it back but if I had a M-16, there is no way I sould sell it!

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

Out of stock since the election, .45 ACP is under $39.97 for 100 or
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 100%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee" vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>WX2-12280 500 rds. .45 ACP 230 - gr. FMJ Ammo </TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 100%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee" vAlign=bottom align=right colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 100%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee" vAlign=bottom align=right colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 100%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee" vAlign=bottom align=right colSpan=2>$237.97 </TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 100%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee" vAlign=bottom align=right colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2px; WIDTH: 40%; LINE-HEIGHT: 20px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee" vAlign=top align=right colSpan=2>Club Price $226.07 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Joining their buying club give some freebies. It may pay on a big order. Their credit card is not that big of a deal but it is accepted at many online betting places as it is an in house place not connected to bank of America or a big bank.

My delivery on the way. I use this ammo a lot. It is common to see it for sale @ $25 box of 50.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=452385

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Buy, Buy, Buy[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Michael Gaddy
by Michael Gaddy[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var addthis_pub = "egarris";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT> <!-- AddThis Button END -->
<!-- Copyright 2001-2002, Clickability, Inc. All rights reserved.--><SCRIPT language=javascript1.2 src="http://a449.g.akamai.net/7/449/1776/000/button.clickability.com/10/button_1/button.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href; </SCRIPT><NOBR> </NOBR> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=...l&title=Buy, Buy, Buy&topic=political_opinion[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
<!--/* Start OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--//<![CDATA[ var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php'); var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999); if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ','; document.write ("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src='"+m3_u); document.write ("?zoneid=5"); document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r); if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used); document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context)); if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>");//]]>--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://adserve.lewrockwell.com/www/delivery/ajs.php?zoneid=5&cb=32685449885&loc=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/gaddy/gaddy39.html&referer=http%3A//www.lewrockwell.com/" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
<!--/* End OpenX Javascript Tag v2.4.4 */-->[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]~ Noah Webster[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]While we stumble along economically with bailouts, buyouts, and poor sales in almost all sectors, two products in America are seeing dramatic increases in sales: guns and ammo. People who never owned a gun before are buying; people are buying multiples of military style weapons and ammo is being bought by the case instead of by the box.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Many explain this away as folks simply worried that Obama will move to ban certain firearms, especially those referred to by the ignorant as "assault weapons," I believe the motivation to buy firearms and ammunition goes much deeper.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]More and more Americans are becoming increasingly aware of the storm that is brewing on the horizon, a storm driven by the possibility of a complete economic collapse. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The more astute are reading the handwriting on the wall: military combat units being assigned for stateside duty to quell domestic disturbances, a militarization of law enforcement, and the fear of what will happen when the state is no longer able to provide monthly checks to the millions currently living on government handouts labeled as "entitlements." [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A strong possibility exists, when the checks stop, those who no longer have will seek to forcibly take from those who do. The scenes from New Orleans after Katrina have not disappeared from the public memory.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Regardless, legislation has been pre-planned and is now in place to be implemented just as soon as we have another tragedy involving a criminal idiot with guns.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Most are unaware that Congressional representative, Carolyn McCarthy from New York, introduced H.R. 1022 in February 2007. This draconian, unconstitutional piece of socialist baloney would ban a multitude of firearms currently available, including the Ruger 10/22, one of the most popular .22 caliber rifles on the market. .22 caliber rifles are commonly used for small game hunting, plinking and target practice; none are in use either in the military or law enforcement as the caliber is considered too small and underpowered for use on targets larger than small game or predators; a fact that somehow escaped the intelligence of Ms. McCarthy. Proof positive that politicians don’t really care what type of weapon you have; it is the simple fact they do not want you to have any weapon at all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Representative McCarthy’s husband Dennis was shot and killed by Colin Ferguson on the Long Island Railroad in December of 1993. Her son, Kevin, was also seriously injured. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The logic that has escaped Ms. McCarthy is: if her husband had possessed a weapon, he could have possibly saved his life and the lives of others that fateful day. Instead, those who were prohibited by the laws of the state from protecting themselves were hopelessly slaughtered and maimed by a madman who cared not about those laws, and thanks to the liberal laws of New York, is still breathing good air.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Ms. McCarthy won election to congress based on her anti-gun position. Ironic, is it not, that one can be elected to congress by proposing laws contrary to the constitution and then take an oath pledging to [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic…" [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]McCarthy reportedly was inspired to run for congress because her predecessor, Congressman Dan Frisa, supported the Constitution and voted against an assault weapons bill. Leave it up to New Yorkers to defeat those who support the constitution and elect those who seek to destroy it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Comrade McCarthy displayed her true colors when she filed a lawsuit against the Olin Corporation, makers of the ammunition used by Ferguson, but never filed suit against Ferguson himself. Obviously, McCarthy sought to profit from the death of her husband and the injuries to her son by accusing the manufacturers of an inanimate object of the crimes. Of course the company who manufactured this inanimate object had much "deeper pockets" than Mr. Ferguson, the person who actually loaded the ammunition into a firearm and pulled the trigger, killing six people and wounding nineteen. Thank goodness her frivolous lawsuit failed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Americans are purchasing firearms and ammunition in record numbers, not because they believe 2009 will offer unusually good duck hunting, but because they fear the fallout from the coming economic storm and the state’s reaction to that fallout.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The larger question is: how many of those who have gone out and purchased firearms and ammo will actually use them? I believe a large number would bring those weapons to bear against criminals who would steal and threaten their families and property, but, how many would use them against the criminal state as it moves to seize their weapons, as was done in New Orleans, when the next "emergency" occurs, be it an economic meltdown or terrorist attack?[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Rest assured, there will be a great majority who will not stand against tyranny. Those who have "gone along to get along" and those who have continually voted for the "lesser of two evils" will capitulate and surrender their weapons, as cowards normally do. They will rue the day they failed to support those who stood for liberty such as Ron Paul. Remember, they were offered liberty, but chose instead to support the status quo, because, in their eyes, liberty could not be elected. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Those among us who are afraid to be free will surrender their guns, their families, and their freedom to tyranny. Do not place your freedom or trust in their hands or depend on them to cover your six.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]January 5, 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Michael Gaddy an Army veteran of Vietnam, Grenada, and Beirut, lives in the Four Corners area of the American Southwest.[/FONT]

http://www.lewrockwell.com/gaddy/gaddy39.html

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

ammoman.com is sold out for the near future.