What's the most you have ever tipped a waitress/waiter or bartender?

With a lot of people depending on tips for a living, I am wondering what big tips happen out there these days. Percentage-wise, what's the most you have ever tipped someone?

Re: What's the most you have ever tipped a waitress/waiter or bartender?

The most percentage wise was 300%

The most monetarilly was a nickle

The most percentage wise was 300%

The most monetarilly was a nickle

I'm pretty sure I have done at least some 100% or more tips. Things like when a bar has $1 drafts or 10 cent wings. It's all good.

Wow that must have been some big time service, Shrink! Are you sure you don't mean 1000 colones and not dollars?

:LMAO

TRUE STORY...

It was really $1000 dollars. I invited a lot of people out to dinner one night. We had some expensive wines too. I won a huge bet that day. The waiter was a gambler. I asked him if he wanted a 500 dollars tip or for me to flip a coin and go double or nothing on it...

He called heads. I flipped the coin and it landed tails. I tipped him a dime regardless of the fact he lost because I admired his chutspa to go for it all ...

SSLP

EOG Senior Member

Shrink , was this down here man?

TRUE STORY...

It was really $1000 dollars. I invited a lot of people out to dinner one night. We had some expensive wines too. I won a huge bet that day. The waiter was a gambler. I asked him if he wanted a 500 dollars tip or for me to flip a coin and go double or nothing on it...

He called heads. I flipped the coin and it landed tails. I tipped him a dime regardless of the fact he lost because I admired his chutspa to go for it all ...

That's awesome and that's a very classy move still giving him the $1000. He'll always remember that.

:cheers

I'm pretty sure I have done at least some 100% or more tips. Things like when a bar has $1 drafts or 10 cent wings. It's all good.

It wasnt 300% on a $20.00 bill, but more like a $70.00 bill and I gave
the waitress $200.00 tip. Wanted to give her the whole thing to be honest, not just the tip. :LMAO

Great story Shrink. 12io4j2w90

My big tip was at the Meadowlands on Hambletonian Day a few years back.
Waiter took great care of us, sending over rum and cokes all day long.
Helped me out on one race and happened to be living locally to me and
was a customer with my pest control company at the time.
So it was karma on a few accounts. Gave him a more than generous nickle tip for the above reasons.

Gave a number of $300-$500 tips on a few occasions for business
(networking) reasons as well as cause I am a nice guy.

If you dont believe me, just ask me. :finger004

TRUE STORY...

GREAT story. Great ending.

Can you guess what I would have done? (flip it or not?)91023i2ndw;l

It wasnt 300% on a $20.00 bill, but more like a $70.00 bill and I gave
the waitress $200.00 tip. Wanted to give her the whole thing to be honest, not just the tip. :LMAO

Great story Shrink. 12io4j2w90

My big tip was at the Meadowlands on Hambletonian Day a few years back.
Waiter took great care of us, sending over rum and cokes all day long.
Helped me out on one race and happened to be living locally to me and
was a customer with my pest control company at the time.
So it was karma on a few accounts. Gave him a more than generous nickle tip for the above reasons.

Gave a number of $300-$500 tips on a few occasions for business
(networking) reasons as well as cause I am a nice guy.

If you dont believe me, just ask me. :finger004

Sounds nice. When I've been to Hambletonian Day, I'm lucky enough if I can find a place to sit or even something to lean on.

I agreed to eat an attractive waitress's pussy in lieu of of tip.

She declined and I tipped her around 20 bucks

Biggest tip I've ever left is probably a couple hundred but on a really really big tab with several people.

I left the waffle house lady 17.85 yesterday on a 7.15 cent tab. My 8 year old and I shared an All Star Special. She ate the waffle, we split the bacon, and I ate the rest.

The poor lady waiting on us was running ragged and I kinda felt bad for her so I just added the tip to make it an even 25.

She didn't cash me out but I saw the look on the lady's face when she saw the tip. It was pretty funny. I just tried to walk out before the lady saw, it wasn't a big deal, but that's not chump change to a poor boy like me. :cocktail

I felt for her because the two FAT ASSES sitting next to us were giving her hell and running her all over like they were the only ones in the joint and they left before we did and I saw the look on the waitress' face as the guy casually tossed a one dollar bill on the table as they waddled their fat pathetic asses out of there. Hell they probably ate 35 dollars worth of food.

I genrally tip well since I'm in the industry. I can't recall the amount, but I have added money to the book when a bunch of friends are throwing in if I don't think the tip is good enough. Believe it or not, I actually have friends that try to leave a less-than-great tip when I'm with them. Stupid.

HIGHLANDPARKDR

EOG Enthusiast

one of few times i CASHED in Vegas, walked with 106,500 tipped cocktail girl 6500 . . . .

Unrelated, but this past New Year's I tipped a cab driver like $75 after he got me home. Was blackout drunk and incoherent in the cab, the driver had to get me to give him my license so he could figure out where I lived because I couldn't even talk to him, and I puked on my shirt while sitting in the cab. Guy didn't complain once and was generally concerned for my well-being, from what I recall...when I got outta the cab, just gave the guy a c-note and stumbled my ass into the house.

So stupid.

texansfan

EOG Master

Unrelated, but this past New Year's I tipped a cab driver like $75 after he got me home. Was blackout drunk and incoherent in the cab, the driver had to get me to give him my license so he could figure out where I lived because I couldn't even talk to him, and I puked on my shirt while sitting in the cab. Guy didn't complain once and was generally concerned for my well-being, from what I recall...when I got outta the cab, just gave the guy a c-note and stumbled my ass into the house.

So stupid.

He didn't give it a second thought because he has probably seen it numerous times. I can just imagine some of the crazy people that get into cabs.

Sounds nice. When I've been to Hambletonian Day, I'm lucky enough if I can find a place to sit or even something to lean on.

Living right here in horse country, know many trainers and drivers.
And some owners. So we get a nice table in the Pegasus Restaurant.
Rather go to the Terrace restaurant on clubhouse level but food aint
as good and they usually hold them for the foreign owners flying in for
Hambo Day.

Let me know if you need any seats if you are going.

He didn't give it a second thought because he has probably seen it numerous times. I can just imagine some of the crazy people that get into cabs.

You're probably right. Fuck you. :cocktail

texansfan

EOG Master

You're probably right. Fuck you. :cocktail

lol. It's probably no different than the backseat of a patrol car. People are throwing up on themselves, shitting and pissing on themselves. Some of them smell like they haven't had a bath in weeks, which is probably true. Some nasty ass people get in the backseats.

PS. Blow WW

lol. It's probably no different than the backseat of a patrol car. People are throwing up on themselves, shitting and pissing on themselves. Some of them smell like they haven't had a bath in weeks, which is probably true. Some nasty ass people get in the backseats.

PS. Blow WW

Yeah, sounds about right. I'm still special, though, you fucking pedo.

WW's kids say what up.

As in special ed? Do they make short taxis?

mrhognuts wants you as well.

I think the fact that you actually understand hognuts' posts makes you special ed, not me. No chance his IQ is above 75. Zero.

texansfan

EOG Master

I think the fact that you actually understand hognuts' posts makes you special ed, not me. No chance his IQ is above 75. Zero.

haha. I'm still wondering who let his fat ass outta the health room thread.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Our tab was 13k last week at the French Laundry - lots of wines and 15 people - my dad paid it - he said he left least 2500 - but they had like 500 waiter/waitresses and a somelier - maybe I should get a job at the French Laundry

The most I ever tipped was $100, it was customary in Vegas bars when hitting a Royal for $1000 ( if a regular). Received the same many times as well, when behind the bar.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

On January 30th 2000

My friend and I Left the Bartender $2,500 and the owner $2,500 that night.

:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail
we just got paid in full that night

Super Bowl XXXIV

On January 30th, 2000, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Dick Vermeil's St. Louis Rams beat Jeff Fisher's Tennessee Titans, 23-16, in Super Bowl 34. The leader of "The Greatest Show on Turf," Kurt Warner had a record 414 passing yards and 2 touchdowns, taking home Super Bowl Thirty-Four's MVP. Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt snagged a touchdown a piece, while Marshal Faulk caught 5 balls for 90 yards. A record nine players caught passes for the Rams. Eddie George and Steve McNair led the Titans offense. Frank Wycheck and Isaac Byrd caught balls to keep the Titans' final drive alive, but Kevin Dyson was tackled on the one-yard-line by Mike Jones as time expired, sealing the Ram win.

Can't wait to see some of the replies to this one :pop:

25% tip , no biggie $300 on $1200 is strong, but $180 is called for, anyway.

Giving the cocktail nurse 6.5k is nutz. She better be putting out big for that

HIGHLANDPARKDR

EOG Enthusiast

DOUG / im embarrssed to "ADMIT" no-Pu*** for the 6500 altho I do agree with you 100% young fellow ......................

DR

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

25% tip , no biggie $300 on $1200 is strong, but $180 is called for, anyway.

Giving the cocktail nurse 6.5k is nutz. She better be putting out big for that

The guy owes another poster some money and amazingly the amount he owes is as much as he tips :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Apple

Banned

TRUE STORY...

Would you of just given him the $500 if he said no to going for it? Or did you plan on tipping a $1000 the whole time?

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Made a big score at The Wynn. Tipped the bellhop $1000. It makes up for the stiffs that tip them $5 a bag.