Which team is best prepared to dominate the NFL the next few years?

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
I think the Saints are setting themselves up for a hell of a run the next few years. They have 2 rookies that look like they could both be ROY material (Bush and Colston of course) and they have a QB that has completely gotten over his injury and is one of the top 5 in the NFL. On top of that they still have the Duece. There Defense could use a little work but I like what they have going for them. Good timing too, cause that city needs something to cheer about nowadays.

mofome

Banned
Re: Which team is best prepared to dominate the NFL the next few years?

They will go hard after freeney in the offseason.

MCP

I'll take the Chargers

dirty

EOG Master

I think they geta legit WR in FA/Trade and go after some Dlinemen and draft some young wideouts in SD

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I'll take the Chargers

with Marty as the HC - HA HA HA

let's wait and see what he does cum playoff time. sorry but Marty will revert back to the Marty of old come January

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Chicago if they ever get a QB. There defense is young, losing Briggs to FA next year will hurt though. I can't wait 'till Benson is the full time starter at RB.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

One of top 5???

Outside of Manning who is better? and please dont throw in Brady's name

Not sure about dominate but if the Jets grab a stud defensive lineman in the first round and shore up that line, they will be SB contenders a year from now. They are overrated this year but they are one of the few teams who get it currently and are drafting offensive and defensive lineman to improve at the point of attack. Look at what a few 1st round offensive lineman did to transform their team this year...

It all starts up front fellas...

LLXC

EOG Veteran

Chicago...they just need a decent QB who doesn't make mistakes.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Nobody. You'll see some pretty good teams like the Chargers, Bears and perhaps the Saints. But not in the way of the Niners of the 80's, Cowboys of the 90's or even the Patriots as of late 90's and the early 2000's. You can thank the salary cap and free agency for that. A dynasty nowadays is a team that does well in the playoffs for three years in a row.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

One of top 5???

You telling me Brady is not a better QB than Brees? Maybe doesn't have the numbers this year but he also doesn't have Bush and Colston to throw to. I would take Brady over Brees any day of the week. Also, forgive me for not wanting to crown Brees as the savior just yet. Let him win something first, like a playoff game. You're right he is having a great year though.

mofome

Banned

Nobody. You'll see some pretty good teams like the Chargers, Bears and perhaps the Saints. But not in the way of the Niners of the 80's, Cowboys of the 90's or even the Patriots as of late 90's and the early 2000's. You can thank the salary cap and free agency for that. A dynasty nowadays is a team that does well in the playoffs for three years in a row.

but one of the 3 teams you mentioned has done so with the cap and free agency

:+clueless

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Pats are far from done IMO. And Mofome is right they have done it with the cap.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Yeah you are right Mo. The Pats have dominated to get three Super Bowls with the Salary cap already in place. My bad for that, but it is tougher to find a dominating team. If they got rid of the cap perhaps Daniel Snyder and your Redskins could possibly buy themselves a Super Bowl. He's willing to fork out the dough it seems. I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones either.

mofome

Banned

Yeah you are right Mo. The Pats have dominated to get three Super Bowls with the Salary cap already in place. My bad for that, but it is tougher to find a dominating team. If they got rid of the cap perhaps Daniel Snyder and your Redskins could possibly buy themselves a Super Bowl. He's willing to fork out the dough it seems. I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones either.

yeah i know, its a lot harder. FA ruined the NFL to some degree. watching the same guys on your favorite team for years used to be great.
snyder would spend 300 million on the team if he could, but we still may not win. even with a cap, people say our payroll is much higher than everyone elses. that seems odd.

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

One of top 5???

Grossman if he can ever get it all together, if he can get the mental game down, he has the all the physical tools to be a great QB.