Who is still in school?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
When I first came to these forums (RX 5 years ago) I thought I was the only one still in school to post there. I felt everyone was much older and had more betting experience than me. But as the years pass I have come to the realization that many, and perhaps 40%, of the people posting on these forums are still in school of some sort; whether it be undergrad or grad school. Many of the posters that I thought were much older than me are actually my age or younger. I figure that the people still in school are the ones with the most time on their hands to be browsing these forums and posting, while the people who work fulltime jobs and have families can only be here sporadically throughout the day and maybe once or twice at night "to check the email" because their kids are undoubtedly chatting online.

So who really is still in school now?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
I know, for a fact, a few guys here are still school. Some of them I would have never guessed.

I'm in school and have two jobs. 21 years of age ( you can get me drunk legaly!) i'm also ready for hot intense action!

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
I am in college as well...I understand this post, as I to have thought many posters on forums were much older and wiser than me...

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
BigDaddy said:
I'm enrolled in the EOG school of Gambling!!:+signs8-1

I am close to my 4 year degree. Hoping for a masters before all is said and done. I suspect a lot of bumps yet to go thru.

Good luck BigDaddy! :+thumbs-2

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Did not think UWinSports was still in school

Definitely did not think Lawrence was still in school until actually talking to him.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
peteep said:
Finishing a finance degree this year. Law school next year.

WOW! I would not have thought you were still in undergrad. Arent you the same guy who beat a book on the Marlins future a few years back for alot of money? How old were you then? 20? Nice job!!!

That's normal. Guys my age like more mature women... milfs and all. Men in their 40s and up love the fresh meat... early 20s and all. There are no boundaries when me and my dad talk man... sometimes that shit goes so far i can't take it.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
coconutman said:
I'm in school and have two jobs. 21 years of age ( you can get me drunk legaly!) i'm also ready for hot intense action!

21 years of age, 2 jobs, in school, and almost 2300 posts at EOG alone.....thats pretty damn impressive!!!

The General

When we get rid of the current US President and hopefully obtain a decent human being in the Oval office, then I will go back to saying that along with education, every 18 year old, who is mentaly capable and healthy enough should have to serve at least 2 years in the Marine Corps. This would increase the maturity level among our citizens and make a better society for the future.

Just my opinion of course.

Graduated in May...

Gainfully employed knocking down 80+ hours a week averaging $8-9/hour. Feel broke as hell.

The good thing is I have 2 weeks off in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st vacation in 6 months

The General

Deejmartin said:
Graduated in May...

Gainfully employed knocking down 80+ hours a week averaging $8-9/hour. Feel broke as hell.

1st vacation in 6 months

I hope you have a great couple weeks DJ.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Deejmartin said:
Graduated in May...

1st vacation in 6 months

Sound like you could use the vacation! Enjoy!

The General

Fili, you are here all the time or at sagesports or opu maybe. When do you go to class and when do you study? :+clueless

One of my longtime friends graduated from law school at Indiana Univ and he didn't have time to go out for a drink while in law school. I think he went to school for 6 years.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
i once worked hazardous waste cleanup...no lie..

we would go out to jobsite; and generally work 12+hr/day 7 days/week until job done..

man; you didn't know if you were coming or going to work after a month.. lol

nice paychex; tho'

lol

and we got paid a per diem; which i usually did not exceed; i'd auto deposit my chex; have no apt; use a apt address of friend..come back off jobs with 7-8 k in my savings..

nice br builder..

where'd it go??

lol

gl

:smoke

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
The General said:
Fili, you are here all the time or at sagesports or opu maybe. When do you go to class and when do you study? :+clueless

One of my longtime friends graduated from law school at Indiana Univ and he didn't have time to go out for a drink while in law school. I think he went to school for 6 years.

3rd year now. Pretty breezy. Finals later this week. Job set up for when I graduate. Just need to pass that bar in July Took the MPRE's already and went well. Dont want to be taking it more than once.

Oh and law school is 3 years for a fulltime student without Summers.

6 years??? HUH!!??

I have worked 13 out of 14 days of 12 hour shifts. Next month I go back to taking call so I will hate life again. Oh well that is life.

Kelp, I had a buddy in undergrad whose family owned a railroad cleanup business. He had a degree in some hazardous cleanup/environmental degree. He would up and leave and I wouldn't here from him for a few days and then I would get a call. He'd be 1000 miles away working on cleaning up a train wreck. He drove everywhere he went too.

Filibuster said:
3rd year now. Pretty breezy. Finals later this week. Job set up for when I graduate. Just need to pass that bar in July Took the MPRE's already and went well. Dont want to be taking it more than once.

6 years??? HUH!!??

I want to go to law school...

That way there is one lawyer out there I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:+signs8-1

peteep

EOG Addicted
Filibuster said:
WOW! I would not have thought you were still in undergrad. Arent you the same guy who beat a book on the Marlins future a few years back for alot of money? How old were you then? 20? Nice job!!!

Yeah that was me. Was 23 back then.....25 now.

Filibuster said:

6 years??? HUH!!??
Most good attorneys are completely full of shit.

So, I predict a long and prosperous career for you.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
peteep said:
Yeah that was me. Was 23 back then.....25 now.

That was an amazing hit. I still remember it as do many others!!! What did you buy after you cashed that ticket?

peteep

EOG Addicted
Filibuster said:
That was an amazing hit. I still remember it as do many others!!! What did you buy after you cashed that ticket?

Nothing major. Went on a few trips, have bought a bunch of gadgets. Really just helped me have a bankroll to make money with. The ol ya gotta have money to make money.