Re: Why do you gamble?

I make money playing Online Poker -- a good bit of money. I'm addicted to:

The Money
The free adrenaline
The Action
The Arguments
The Pleasant Chats
The use of my time in a contructive manner
and oh yeah The money that DOES ADD UP...

I'm thinking my math textbook might have been a different one than onceinabluemoon's -- THANK the POKER GODS FOR THAT!
If you are on a lucky streak... you are on the way to becoming a problem gambler. That is how problem gamblers start... winning first... finally suicide for some of them.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

OK I'll bite, Playing What?

edited to add: Playing the game you bet on?
haha playing yeah . no i allways wanted to play pro sports or sports was my first love i put that ahead to working , so i got into gambleing as the next best thing to playing the sport that and i though i could win doing it .

onceinabluemoon

EOG Member

haha playing yeah . no i allways wanted to play pro sports or sports was my first love i put that ahead to working , so i got into gambleing as the next best thing to playing the sport that and i though i could win doing it .
very poor substitute IMHO... and it is a mathematical certainty that you will lose eventually.

WHEN I WAS YOUNG I GAMBLED TO BUY WHORES AND WEED

NOW IT BRINGS ME THE FUN IN MY LIFE I NEED

I TELL YOU WITH NO SHAME

THAT I BET EVERY GAME

AND IF IN THIS YOU FIND ME WRONG

GO SUCK ON A BIG GIANT DONG:+waving-5

onceinabluemoon

EOG Member
It's your life...

It's your life...

WHEN I WAS YOUNG I GAMBLED TO BUY WHORES AND WEED

NOW IT BRINGS ME THE FUN IN MY LIFE I NEED

I TELL YOU WITH NO SHAME

THAT I BET EVERY GAME

AND IF IN THIS YOU FIND ME WRONG

GO SUCK ON A BIG GIANT DONG:+waving-5
It's your life... I am here to give you people a gentle reminder... please find a less dangerous way to get your kicks. You can never win money gambling after all...

You will end up losing your money... with mathematical certainty. There is a danger that you might become a problem gambler. You do not want to become a problem gambler, a big percentage of them considered suicide as a way out.

So is trading in the stock market a mathematicaly certain loser as well due to the broker fees?

Re: It's your life...

Re: It's your life...

It's your life... I am here to give you people a gentle reminder... please find a less dangerous way to get your kicks. You can never win money gambling after all...
THANKS FOR YOUR "GENTLE REPLY:cheers ...IT BEATS IN MY BLOOD LIKE A BUFFALO ON THE PLAINS IN 1860...THERES NO HOPE FOR ME..DONT CRY FOR ME..I`M ALREADY DEAD

GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS???..THERES NO SUCH THING!!!!!!..I CALL IT LOSERS ANONYMOUS...YOU WILL NEVER!!!!! FIND A WINNING GAMBLER @ ONE OF THESE MEETINGS...:smokesmal

onceinabluemoon

EOG Member
Winning losing desperation hopelessness...

Winning losing desperation hopelessness...

THANKS FOR YOUR "GENTLE REPLY:cheers ...IT BEATS IN MY BLOOD LIKE A BUFFALO ON THE PLAINS IN 1860...THERES NO HOPE FOR ME..DONT CRY FOR ME..I`M ALREADY DEAD

GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS???..THERES NO SUCH THING!!!!!!..I CALL IT LOSERS ANONYMOUS...YOU WILL NEVER!!!!! FIND A WINNING GAMBLER @ ONE OF THESE MEETINGS...:smokesmal
Life cycle of a gambler... Winning losing desperation hopelessness...

If everyone wins then who loses? Obviously everyone loses and the book-makers take all the money eventually...

If you are on a lucky streak... you are on the way to becoming a problem gambler. That is how problem gamblers start... winning first... finally suicide for some of them.

Let's see -- over the last two years I've EARNED in my part time online poker job about 45k NET NET. That has paid for my daughter's private school education and that's not cheap nor am I joking.

I've had lucky streaks and unlucky streaks, but the part you are missing Mr. Moon -- poker is a game of skill.

Good players with high levels of both patients and testosterone -- tend to win. I've played over 3000 sit and go games with a win rate of 43%. That's not a lucky streak -- that's just damn good. I end up in the money in high volume tournys with more than 500 players about 30 percent of the time. Again not a lucky streak brotha -- that is skill.

Not trying to toot my horn as I have friends both live and online that do even better -- some a great deal better. I don't think they are luckier than me -- I think they are more skillful.

Make the poker exception Moon -- skill wins over the long run regardless of the 'streaks' and that is statistically factual...

I will give you this -- I look at some folks stats on SharkScope and holy cats -- it is lose lose lose from the start -- problem gamblers exist or I wouldn't be making money.

But then it's like a statistical distribution bell curve isn't it? Some exceptional players making huge bucks; some average players breaking about even and having FUN; and then the rest -- yikes the curve is skewed for sure.

So -- make Online Poker Legal. Have me register with the US and pay a fee for this registration. Tax my winnings. Apply those funds to programs that assist the folks 5 standard deviations from the norm. I'd be happy to contribute...

Oh and by the way -- I'll be running for office in 2008

Platform -- Hornet 2008
Make yer Country Great:

Stance 1 Make Some Money on Poker[FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
  • Recognize poker as a sport
  • Legalize Online Poker for US residents<o:p></o:p>
  • Legalize Bricks and Mortar Poker Rooms <o:p></o:p>
  • All residents wishing to play either online or live must register once a year for 100 bucks to ensure they are over 18<o:p></o:p>
  • Tax winnings just like you do at Bricks and Mortar establishments<o:p></o:p>
Stance 2 -- Legalize Mary Jane
That's right make it legal and tax it -- so many benefits so few down side negatives -- not enough time (or eeerhm motivation) to argue...

Stance 3 -- prostitution
That's right make it legal and tax it -- can't stop it -- may as well clean this 'sucker' up
:houra

Stance 4 -- Fix Some Real Problems
Proceeds from the poker taxes go towards helping problem gamblers and funding K12 education

Proceeds from Mary Jane go towards helping addicts of drugs that are actually dangerous (like a substance that appears to be HIGHLY available called aaaauuuhm Alcohol) and funding K12 education

Proceeds from Prostitution go towards helping these women stay clean and healthy and providing them a route out should they so choose.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
And then there's -- well -- education -- it's a problem that money can fix by PAYING TEACHERS REAL SALARIES....

Stance 5 -- use our retiring infrastruction!

That's right all those plants Ford is shutting down and all those people that design and build THINGS who are getting screwed -- use them to build serious new transportation initiatives LIKE:

Put in an interstate Rail system to revamp trucking. Rail carries junk from ports to regional distribution centers. Trucks carry it locally to the destination for God's sake!

This helps us remember how to actually DESIGN and BUILD things here in the US in case we should need that talent (say if someone outside the US hated us and wanted to make war on us for reals)

I'm tired and need another hit so I'll blather more should you decide to quote back at me ;)

Hornet 2008 -- make your country Great...
:+music1-6

gambling is only a problem if you lose never hear someone say i am quitting gambling becuz they win too much I gamble becuz i feel guilty about taking drug money and running girls so i give it but to the BIG MAN:+textinb31 game at a time:dancefool