WK 18 Starting NE QB

So has anyone seen any reliable info as to whether NE might go to Nathan Rourke -- to see what he's got -- in the meaningless (except to bettors) WK 18 match v. NYJ?

I haven't even seen reporting of Belichick even being asked and then giving his typical BS sluff off non-responsive response.

The press is so consumed with the supposedly big story about whether Belichick and NE will be splitting the sheets in the off-season that I can't find any reporting on that very basic question of who the NE WK 18 QB will be.

You get 24/7/365 coverage with all the media these days but sometimes it's just of one freaking story. I recall listening to LV sports radio in the car one day and they were all on the same two stories about Kobe Bryant and Barry Bonds. You could literally hit the preset buttons and it would go "Bonds, Kobe, Bonds, Bonds, Kobe," all the way 'round the dial.

So anyone heard any word one way or the other?

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
So has anyone seen any reliable info as to whether NE might go to Nathan Rourke -- to see what he's got -
I haven't heard anything about this guy starting, but realistically you're not finding out anything about him anyway, a rookie making his first career start in terrible conditions, if he starts and plays great or shits the bed, you still haven't learned anything, if the Pats wanted to see what this kid has, they would have started him several weeks ago, a 4 or 5 game sample at least gives you some idea about him, but one game means nothing, this is probably the Hoodie's final game as NE coach, I'm quite sure he wants to win, granted he has no good options at QB, but I can't see them throwing that kid out there given the circumstances

Yeah, may be right, but the "granted he has no good options at QB" part got that thought process started. Rourke's got potential (which can be a blessing or a curse depending on whether the potential is ever realized), and he's probably got more bad weather experience than any of the other NE QBs given his CFL experience. Although the weather, by some reports, could be bad enough that you'd need a Jim Kelly in his prime to cut through the wind and snow.

Thanks . . . something just feels odd with no quotes this week from BB brusquely not responding to a question about the QB starter.

Zappe on paper is no great shakes.

But my notes read "a rock star in comparison to Siemian," lol.

Add "brusquely" to my EOG glossary.

Lol . . . hey John, yeah, I never wanna’ go full T.S. Eliot, but a well-chosen word can be fun sometimes.

Hope you’re keeping all those Ticas feeling well-appreciated.

If Belichick is done in NE, I wonder what stings the most about this last game.

That he didn't get win #303.

Or that the Jets beat him on his way out the door, for the first time in like 8 years, and for the first time in like 14 years at NE.

"And he probably was planning to do an Aaron Rodgers and dance in front of the Jets bench going, 'I own you, I own you.'" Not anymore.

Valuist

EOG Master
Lol . . . hey John, yeah, I never wanna’ go full T.S. Eliot, but a well-chosen word can be fun sometimes.

Hope you’re keeping all those Ticas feeling well-appreciated.

If Belichick is done in NE, I wonder what stings the most about this last game.

That he didn't get win #303.

Or that the Jets beat him on his way out the door, for the first time in like 8 years, and for the first time in like 14 years at NE.

"And he probably was planning to do an Aaron Rodgers and dance in front of the Jets bench going, 'I own you, I own you.'" Not anymore.

I guess it was revenge, 24 years after the fact when Belichek quit the Jets job after 1 or 2 days. Remember that?

I guess it was revenge, 24 years after the fact when Belichek quit the Jets job after 1 or 2 days. Remember that?

I do, I was looking back at that this week on Wikipedia (actually a great quick resource for that kind of historical information on, e.g., coaches) when I was trying to figure out how long it had been since the Jets had beat the Patriots.

Hard to say that the Jets players were concerned about that; but they no doubt wanted to finally notch a W against the Pats, meaningless or not.

If I were another team, I wouldn't take Belichick. Without the fortuity of Bledsoe going down and the ultimate GOAT stepping forward, BB very likely would have been some gruff 2nd time HC who got booted after a few years of mediocre performance, to no one's great concern or even remembrance.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
NE is the first team since the 1982 Colts not to have a 100-yard rush or receiving game. Those Colts went 0-8-1.

its going to be a long road for the Pats.