Would like to see a fireworks ban

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
My parents allowed my brother and me as young teenagers to engage in some dangerous fireworks fun.

What were they thinking?

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Firework ban is Un-American.

Dogs and cats don't belong in peoples home. They belong in the wild like all animals.

hcskip

EOG Addicted
Fireworks ban? What are you, some kind of commie???

(I'm stocking up now for my annual fireworks spectacular on Lake Hartwell. Anyone near Anderson, SC around the 4th, let me know! I'll buy extra barbecue)

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Matiss Kivlenieks, a candidate to be the Columbus Blue Jackets’ future starting goaltender, died in Michigan after fleeing a hot tub and hitting his head following a Fourth of July fireworks accident, police said Monday. He was 24.

Police in Novi, Michigan, said a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby Sunday night. Kivlenieks was in the hot tub and tried to get clear with several other people, but the young Latvian slipped and hit his head on concrete, police Lt. Jason Meier said.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Tonight is the first night here with noticeable noise from fireworks.

I suspect Chinese supply chain issues and Covid lockdowns have decreased purchases.

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated
I just would like fireworks to go back to what they were when i was a kid. just some little sparkly spinning things, maybe some fizzling stuff, sparklers, even simple bottle rockets that just made a light pop were fine.

But over past 20 yrs, especially past 10, the rules on what can be purchased has laxed, and now people fire off what sounds like military mortars. Sounds like shelling going on around the neighborhood.

What's even more crazy is the prices, even 10, 20 yrs ago for that stuff, and there are numerous people all over the neighborhood firing that stuff off weeks before the 4th. Heck, with so many yr round fireworks stores that have pooped up over past 20 yrs, it's like people load up on the top of the line biggest, loudest, booming, explosive stuff, and be firing it off on Easter, Memorial weekend, 4th, Labor day weekend, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New years, Bdays, etc.
I don't know how they afford it.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I just would like fireworks to go back to what they were when i was a kid. just some little sparkly spinning things, maybe some fizzling stuff, sparklers, even simple bottle rockets that just made a light pop were fine.

But over past 20 yrs, especially past 10, the rules on what can be purchased has laxed, and now people fire off what sounds like military mortars. Sounds like shelling going on around the neighborhood.

What's even more crazy is the prices, even 10, 20 yrs ago for that stuff, and there are numerous people all over the neighborhood firing that stuff off weeks before the 4th. Heck, with so many yr round fireworks stores that have pooped up over past 20 yrs, it's like people load up on the top of the line biggest, loudest, booming, explosive stuff, and be firing it off on Easter, Memorial weekend, 4th, Labor day weekend, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New years, Bdays, etc.
I don't know how they afford it.
Used to be you could get a whole pile of various stuff for $30 or so, now they might want $15+ for one rocket that isn't that great, it's crazy.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I guess some guy here in mpls killed himself setting off fireworks last night. Not the end of the world however.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Bump.

This thread is among my EOG / Railbird Top Ten.

I'm not hearing nearly as many fireworks as during past years. The trend has been falling for several years, thankfully.

Maybe the costs and Biden's inflation are changing discretionary spending.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Bump.

This thread is among my EOG / Railbird Top Ten.

I'm not hearing nearly as many fireworks as during past years. The trend has been falling for several years, thankfully.

Maybe the costs and Biden's inflation are changing discretionary spending.
They're pretty pricey, even though everyone has a buy 1 get 1 promo.