Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
It's clear you have no clue as to what I'm like. I've had people tell me ( before they got to know me well), they couldn't tell if I'm kidding or not most of the time, later on they figured out that I'm ALWAYS kidding. Then they start to like me.

In truth, with you, it's hard to kid around.

My analysis of you is that you're uncomfortable with your own thoughts and abilities, which is why you usually post links to other peoples thoughts.

So you're admitting that you're always trolling, that means nothing you post can ever be taken seriously, granted 90% of what you post can't be taken seriously anyway, but this now means it's 100%, good to know moving forward

mr merlin

EOG Master
So you're admitting that you're always trolling, that means nothing you post can ever be taken seriously, granted 90% of what you post can't be taken seriously anyway, but this now means it's 100%, good to know moving forward
No, that's not true at all.

kane

EOG master
I'll ask Kane because I know he'll give an honest and detailed answer...... anyone else can respond as well if prompted.

What's the reason for so much participation in politics?

Are you trying to change the mind of other posters?

Is this a hobby of some sort?

Is there a difference of any kind you're hoping to make?

Do you think you're making a difference in the election? Is that the goal?

Is it a bonding experience with others who believe the same way?

Are you trying to make a difference or is the bashing of each other, the anger, the name calling and hatred the fun of it?

I'm not judging you or anyone else, really just curious what exactly would be the motive for being so involved in this stuff on a daily basis.

I don't think Trump wins again but what if he does? Waking up daily with the orange man on your mind for another 4 years?

I'm really curious what Joe Poster is hoping to get done with his involvement in this sort of talk?

TIA.

I don't even know how to answer all this, but I'll try.

What's the reason form som much participation in politics?
Politics has been heavily discussed since it first started, my participation in it is no different than anyone elses

Are you trying to change ther minds of other posters?
No, and neither is anyone else when they talk politics, it's just people on one side debating people on the other side, simple as that. I would find it hard to believe anyone would read what I think politically and change their political views

Is this a hobby of some sort?
I never really looked at it that way, but I guess maybe it kind of is a hobby. I don't follow politics as close as many others here, I'm certainly no political junkie, but I do watch some of the political shows and try to keep up as much as possible, but I'm hardly an expert on the subject

Is there a difference of any kind you're hoping to make?
No, not really, I'm just a guy with an opinion just like everyone else here, not sure what kind of difference I could make by posting my political opinions on a gamling board anyway

Do you think you're making a difference in the election? Is that the goal?
No, and No

Is it a bonding experience with others who believe the same way?
No, I don't think so. Considering the vast majority of guys who post on these message boards are on the right politically, it's nice knowing that here there are a lot more on the left than at most forums, so it does make me feel better knowing I have many here who agree with me, when I was posting at Peep's I was one of the very few who were on the left up against everyone else who's on the right. I don't judge people based on their politcs, Heisey is a class act regardless of his politics, so is FW, Javy is a piece of shit regardless of his politics, he could post 24/7 about his hatred for Trump and it wouldn't change the fact that he's an insufferable cunt. Not sure if all that answers your question, but I tried

Are you trying to make a difference or is the bashing of each other, the anger and name calling the fun of it?
Not trying to make any difference, I'm just a guy who lives in South Florida posting his thoughts on a message board just like anyone else. I try to treat people with respect, if they give it to me, I return it in kind. However, I won't allow anyone to bully me, insult me, or lie about me, if anyone treats me like that, then I also return it in kind. Think about how many times we've argued about LeBron James, across the street and here, 99% of the time it's a civilized argument with little to no name calling, you've always treated me with respect, so I've done the same with you, but like I said, if someone hits me, I'm going to hit back

One last thing, since everyone here is at home all day due to the virus, that means that people have more time to post on boards like this than ever before. I wake up every morning with literally nothing to do all day, posting here helps kill a lot of time, so many of us are posting more than normal due to the circumstances. I hope I did an adequate job in answering your questions, be well and stay safe.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Merlin, you just said you're always kidding, if you're always kiddng, how could you ever be taken seriously
I dont ask anyone to love me, hate me, or anything else, i state my opinion and it really upsets some people that dont deal well with different viewpoints. We are all powerless to control other people, a fact that is completely lost on the left, who think they can change others. You cant, I cant change runny nor would i try, that would be a ridiculous waste of time..

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
It sounds good but that's not the way pandemics work, the peak, then wane. they may and probably will resurge(later), but they just dont plateau and stay there.

There will be more cases when people start mixing again, that's a guarantee, that would be true even if you stay shut for 10 years. The pandemic has peaked and 6 weeks from now it'll be like a faint whisper.

We can look at Spain and Italy recovery after their peaks to lead us in what our recovery may look like.

Spain

Peak April 1 950
15 days before: 107
15 days after Projected 137
15 days after Reality 503

Italy

Peak March 27 969
15 days before: 189
15 days after reality 619

its not going to be a standard bell curve where the upslope matches the downslope

it will be a slow recovery

The conservatives here generally just state our opinions( i like this, I hate that), the lefties spend most of their time complaining about the opinions of conservatives.

Has one lefty here said what they would recommend with the shutdowns, how long to keep them on, etc. Nope, all they say is you better not do that, oh boy, you'll regret it...danger, danger will robinson.
Merlin on a roll. They complain, have no solutions and past post.

Merlin on a roll. They complain, have no solutions and past post.

We pointed out trumps incompetence for a long time before this shit storm he’s created. Nice try but that’s the opposite of past posting.

And now that trump has fucked it all up the cultists expect the other side to immediately fix the mess he created?

You guys are hilarious

Last edited:
We pointed out trumps incompetence for a long time before this shit storm he’s created. Nice try but that’s the opposite of past posting.

And now that trump has fucked it all up the cultists expect the other side to immediately fix the mess he created?

You guys are hilarious
You don't post your own thoughts. You just copy/paste fake news. You don't even link the article since it's a fake news site.

mr merlin

EOG Master

You guys are hilarious
This is going to be great, the economy in total collapse, a depression...and the democrats will get all the blame. Ooh baby, you couldn't script it any better.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
not the news we wanted for friday

I wish they could give us a definitive answer

hopefully just false negatives after their "recovery"

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...covid-19-patients-test-positive-after-recover

A growing number of recovered COVID-19 patients are relapsing in South Korea, raising new questions and concerns among scientists and health authorities after the country successfully flattened the curve.
By Friday, Korean health authorities had identified 163 patients who tested positive again after a full recovery. The number more than doubled in about a week, up from 74 cases on April 9. Those patients — just over 2% of the country's 7,829 recovered patients — are now back in isolation.

Nope, 46 today, wed rueters was 46, 2 others 45, Tues harris had 48, a week ago fox had 49%.

Just stop with the nonsense heisi, those are the numbers.

Todays Fox News
ELECTIONS
Published April 16, 2020
Last Update a day ago
Trump approval rating slides in new poll as coronavirus grips the nation
The president’s slide in a new Gallup national survey comes as the poll shows a plunge in the percentage of Americans satisfied with the ways things are going right now in the country.

THE LATEST FROM FOX NEWS ON THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS

Trump stands at 43 percent approval and 54 percent disapproval in the new poll, which was conducted April 1-14. The president’s approval rating stood at 49 percent a month ago in Gallup polling. Disapproval shot up 9 points, from 45 percent in March.

Down 6 points in same poll from a month ago....ouch

Last edited:
Todays Fox News
ELECTIONS
Published April 16, 2020
Last Update a day ago
The president’s slide in a new Gallup national survey comes as the poll shows a plunge in the percentage of Americans satisfied with the ways things are going right now in the country.

Trump stands at 43 percent approval and 54 percent disapproval in the new poll, which was conducted April 1-14. The president’s approval rating stood at 49 percent a month ago in Gallup polling. Disapproval shot up 9 points, from 45 percent in March.

No one cares about polls. They mean nothing.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Todays Fox News
ELECTIONS
Published April 16, 2020
Last Update a day ago

i gave you 6-7 polls that were far higher, just as recent, and you glom onto one low one, not convincing sir.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
some positive news, something we've all been hoping for

meanwhile It snowed here today, of course

Preliminary results from government lab experiments show that the coronavirus does not survive long in high temperatures and high humidity, and is quickly destroyed by sunlight, providing evidence from controlled tests of what scientists believed — but had not yet proved — to be true.
A briefing on the preliminary results, marked for official use only and obtained by Yahoo News, offers hope that summertime may offer conditions less hospitable for the virus, though experts caution it will by no means eliminate, or even necessarily decrease, new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The results, however, do add an important piece of knowledge that the White House’s science advisers have been seeking as they scramble to respond to the spreading pandemic.
The study found that the risk of “transmission from surfaces outdoors is lower during daylight” and under higher temperature and humidity conditions. “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,” reads the briefing.