Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
I’m not going to post any links because it’s going to be fake news,, even though I’m on the right. Why don’t you tell us where the real hot spots are right now.
the only real hot spots right now are NY, NJ, MA, maybe Detroit, maybe Chicago area, Louisianna seems to have peaked and passed that designation.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You just have to laugh at these morons that think you could get infected, recover, and not have immunity, has that ever happened with any virus? And I'm not talking about years or decades later.

kane

EOG master
Stop arguing mundane points. It's semantics.

The only semantics are I was right and you were wrong, but like your orange hero you can't admit when you're wrong, you've been arguing with people on these forums for close to 20 years, hundreds if not thousands of arguments, and you're never wrong, not once have you ever admitted you've been wrong, just keep lying and deflecting until the other person tires of you, that's been the game plan your whole forum life, never change Raiders, never change

mr merlin

EOG Master
The only semantics are I was right and you were wrong, but like your orange hero you can't admit when you're wrong, you've been arguing with people on these forums for close to 20 years, hundreds if not thousands of arguments, and you're never wrong, not once have you ever admitted you've been wrong, just keep lying and deflecting until the other person tires of you, that's been the game plan your whole forum life, never change Raiders, never change
Why aren't you happy that the pandemic seems to have peaked, things are starting to open slowly, etc?

It's all good news from here on out.

kane

EOG master
Why aren't you happy that the pandemic seems to have peaked, things are starting to open slowly, etc?

It's all good news from here on out.

I'll be happy when there's either a proven cure or a vaccine, until then I don't need to get my hopes up only to be disappointed. I don't want to let my guard down and get excited only to get hit with another wave later in the year. I don't think it's all good news from here on out, far from it.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'll be happy when there's either a proven cure or a vaccine, until then I don't need to get my hopes up only to be disappointed. I don't want to let my guard down and get excited only to get hit with another wave later in the year. I don't think it's all good news from here on out, far from it.
That's illogical, on june 1st this pandemic will likely be down by 90% or more, you're saying that wont mean a thing. of course it will.

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="mr merlin, post: 7587031, member: 903"]Why aren't you happy that the pandemic seems to have peaked, things are starting to open slowly, etc?

It's all good news from here on out.[/QUOTE]

I'll be happy when I can walk into a grocery store without having to wear a mask and stand 6 feet away from the person next to me. I'll be happy when I can go out to a restaurant and sit inside and eat a meal, and not have to order take out. I'll be happy when I can go get gas, and not have to worry about grabbing the gas pump in fear of who might have touched it before me. I'll be happy when I can turn on my TV and watch a Celtics game with a packed Boston Garden crowd cheering. I'll be happy when I don't have to wash my hands 15 times a day or worry every time I touch my face. I'll be happy when I can log into EOG and argue with Raiders over who's the GOAT, MJ or LeBron instead of arguing over how many deaths there needs to be to be called a hot spot.

kane

EOG master
That's illogical, on june 1st this pandemic will likely be down by 90% or more, you're saying that wont mean a thing. of course it will.

Great, ask me this question on June 1st, we'll see where things are then. Of course you know by then the pandemic will be down at least 90%, of course you know this to be a fact

I'm wrong because you think a hot spot is a place with no deaths and I call a place with a ton of deaths and cases a hot spot. Wrong is calling Juan Williams a moderate.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I check in here once or twice a day. You live in here daily posting nonsense. Fox News is not News. Its someone OPINION. I may have made under 50 posts or replies. You've surpassed that on day 2 of this thread. CNN has real retired judges, prosecutors, former White House employees. Fox and Breitbart have Tucker Carlson or whoever gets their top ratings over there. I could go on but I won't waste any more of my time on this. Just because you say something is true doesn't make it true! lol. Keep trying though.

Fox has no interest in you.

Stay warped minded.

CNN.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Great, ask me this question on June 1st, we'll see where things are then. Of course you know by then the pandemic will be down at least 90%, of course you know this to be a fact
I have no idea, I'm just going by the projections, it's all we have, are they going to be perfect - we already know they wont be, but they should be somewhat close.

The NY metro area is running out of people to infect.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You told us last weekend it had peaked and a few days later the death total started rising again
the death toll is a lagging indicator, if they weren't adding in these fake deaths(zero proof), they would be dropping , and in fact they are dropping. NY was close to 800 a day, now we've dropped below 600, 10 days from now it'll prob be 2-3.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I don't know how bad it is in SD. We are arguing the definition of a hot spot. I really don't care what it's called. I care about deaths.

Right.

I would call it an outbreak, but one among a generally healthy population. We've seen smaller, but more serious outbreaks in a VA hospital and elder/assisted care facilities that have resulted in tens of deaths.

Last edited:

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Nebraska Food procesing plants will be the next one to keep an eye out for. We need them to stay open for another 10-14 days until the other big ones around the country get back online.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I've read good news about CDC starting to be ahead of the game and anticipating areas of need and sending experts and manpower there to help.

Its time to start getting more and more reports of wins and less losses on the various battlefields around the country.

as the weather warms up, I think every day will seem a little more positive and we will conquer this and tackle the new normal.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Not even close ....... And that is the problem.............

Open it up fools
here's a report from a boston homeless shelter...

After a cluster of cases involving residents of a South Boston homeless shelter, Massachusetts public health officials tested every resident of the Pine Street shelter in Boston's South End.

The results have garnered the attention of the CDC, which is "actively investigating the situation," according to Boston 25 News.

The CDC is now "actively looking into" into universal COVID-19 testing at Pine Street Inn homeless shelter.
The broad-scale testing took place at the shelter in Boston’s South End a week and a half ago because of a small cluster of cases there.
Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms.
"It was like a double knockout punch. The number of positives was shocking, but the fact that 100 percent of the positives had no symptoms was equally shocking,"
said Dr. Jim O’Connell, president of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, which provides medical care at the city’s shelters.
O'Connell said that the findings have changed the future of COVID-19 screenings at Boston’s homeless shelters.​

The big takeaway, if you couldn't tell, is that a pattern is developing here: When mass testing is conducting, a shocking number of new cases are being identified, and - what's even more surprising - often none of them even show any symptoms/.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Everywhere they are testing(or doing the antibody tests), they're discovering far more infected than anyone thought was possible. 50-100 times more. that is great news. Far better to have 20-30-40% infected than 5%.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I don't even know how to answer all this, but I'll try.

What's the reason form som much participation in politics?
Politics has been heavily discussed since it first started, my participation in it is no different than anyone elses

Are you trying to change ther minds of other posters?
No, and neither is anyone else when they talk politics, it's just people on one side debating people on the other side, simple as that. I would find it hard to believe anyone would read what I think politically and change their political views

Is this a hobby of some sort?
I never really looked at it that way, but I guess maybe it kind of is a hobby. I don't follow politics as close as many others here, I'm certainly no political junkie, but I do watch some of the political shows and try to keep up as much as possible, but I'm hardly an expert on the subject

Is there a difference of any kind you're hoping to make?
No, not really, I'm just a guy with an opinion just like everyone else here, not sure what kind of difference I could make by posting my political opinions on a gamling board anyway

Do you think you're making a difference in the election? Is that the goal?
No, and No

Is it a bonding experience with others who believe the same way?
No, I don't think so. Considering the vast majority of guys who post on these message boards are on the right politically, it's nice knowing that here there are a lot more on the left than at most forums, so it does make me feel better knowing I have many here who agree with me, when I was posting at Peep's I was one of the very few who were on the left up against everyone else who's on the right. I don't judge people based on their politcs, Heisey is a class act regardless of his politics, so is FW, Javy is a piece of shit regardless of his politics, he could post 24/7 about his hatred for Trump and it wouldn't change the fact that he's an insufferable cunt. Not sure if all that answers your question, but I tried

Are you trying to make a difference or is the bashing of each other, the anger and name calling the fun of it?
Not trying to make any difference, I'm just a guy who lives in South Florida posting his thoughts on a message board just like anyone else. I try to treat people with respect, if they give it to me, I return it in kind. However, I won't allow anyone to bully me, insult me, or lie about me, if anyone treats me like that, then I also return it in kind. Think about how many times we've argued about LeBron James, across the street and here, 99% of the time it's a civilized argument with little to no name calling, you've always treated me with respect, so I've done the same with you, but like I said, if someone hits me, I'm going to hit back

One last thing, since everyone here is at home all day due to the virus, that means that people have more time to post on boards like this than ever before. I wake up every morning with literally nothing to do all day, posting here helps kill a lot of time, so many of us are posting more than normal due to the circumstances. I hope I did an adequate job in answering your questions, be well and stay safe.

Kane, perfect.

I'm glad you understood I wasn't addressing these "tactics" to you, I was in general trying to get a feel for what might motivate some of the hardcore political posters.....

As stated I knew you'd be upfront, honest and very detailed. Doesn't hurt you post like a professional writer as well.

MY GF and I had a conversation about what motivates most of these guys and I volunteered to find out. "I know just who to ask!"

BTW just because it isn't my cup of tea you or no one else should ever apologize for being passionate about something, politics or otherwise......

Not my thing, I have to take it in doses, but I recognize I have some passions that others wouldn't understand either, LOL.

Anyway, thanks man, gave me and the little lady lot of material to argue about......err... I mean discuss.... lot of material for us to discuss! :geek:

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
The number of deaths don't determine what a hot spot is
There's been 1 death since your post. It's nothing compared to the real hot spots.

You’re calling the Smithfield area a hotspot, & I agree.

You then leap to the conclusion that Smithfield = South Dakota.
This is not even remotely close to being true.
SD is a very large state.

The negative consequences of a statewide shutdown are massively negative.

2 months in: South Dakota: 7 deaths out of 884,000
1 in 126,285
Yes, a few more may die.
But if SD uses common sense, non Draconian measures in the rest of the state, your paranoid tactics will cause many more deaths. And destroy the economy, & quality of life.
So u want to sentence everyone in SD to solitary confinement bec of that?!

Your logic is like saying a football team on its own 5 yard line should always take a knee, because if they don’t, they may get a safety.
And 4th down punt may be blocked for a TD, so knee there too.
Yes, short term that minimizes risk. But oblivious to the massive NEGATIVE consequences of the cowering actions.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Another thing I've been saying, we have no idea if you become immune once you get the virus, it's starting to look like having it once doesn't prevent it from coming back a second time
But But But Herd Immunity. That's what the Cultists have been insisting would happen.
That's why we should leave medical stuff to medical professionals.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
i'm still at a 3 with the Corona fear level.

But a 9 with the economy. Nothing has changed for my fear levels since my last report weeks ago.