NBA for opening week

ATX

Re: NBA for opening week

2h Orlando 3rq -4 for .3%
not a very good numerically based bet, but I'm thinking Mavs sht% starts going down in 2h.

ATX

2h NY Knicks pk for .3%
LA has a fairly high shot %, but they generally often will. But it looks like it's been all Kobe, and I like the chances that NY shoots their way a bit closer in the 4th as Kobe maybe rides the pine a little early.

ATX

not sure if these will continue to move in my direction...

Milwaukee +5 for .8%
ML +175 for .2%

ATX

Indiana/Minnesota under 218 for .8%
opt for +100 over 218.5, might move to 219 b/c the public will be on the over

ATX

Boston/Philadelphia over 191.5 for .7%
waiting for possibly a better number. Joke book SIA still has 189. Can't get much on it going through friends. Apparently SportsInteraction disregards injury wires now. KG being out changes the pace of the game similar to years past when Duncan was out for SA.

ATX

throw in Boston with Lakers up next and 6'ers shot abysmally in their last outing. Boston may or may not be looking ahead to LA with KG on the bench, but when teams do look ahead it's most often on the defensive end. Usually after a horrible offensive display, Philly performs at a much higher level in their next game. I think those two things are reason enough to go over the adjusted total.

Fairly sure Spurs are right side. I don't think OT on 0 days is worth 2 points against SA. They've lost maybe 4 games on the road all year by more than 6, and have performed well on zero days rest lately, not ATS but against this spread.

ATX

SIA got you on limits eh. Like the selection, good luck today X.

They officially gave me the boot 7 or 8 years ago. They gift you about 12K then adios. That's what friends are for.

For tomorrow:

Detroit -3 over Miami for 2.0%

ATX

NO Duncan
NO Gino
NO Parker

number is gone. but I managed to get -8 for about .7%

I think there is a little value at -11, SA struggled with the injuries early this year.

ATX

NO Duncan
NO Gino
NO Parker

number is gone. but I managed to get -8 for about .7%

I think there is a little value at -11, SA struggled with the injuries early this year.

bet is on Denver, in case not clear.

ATX

1st half NY/Cle over 105 for 1.1%
laying some off the full game total.

ATX

There are two solid angles pointing to the Jazz. I like Utah quite a bit, but may end up getting a slightly better number on them. The following doesn't have anything to do with the angles, just a little Jazzercise.

Dallas Mavericks Injuries​

GF
Jerry Stackhouse
personal
OUT
is out indefinitely.

Utah Jazz Injuries​

G
Deron Williams
quad
"?"
missed last game, is "?" Thursday vs Dallas.

01/10
F
Carlos Boozer
knee
OUT
is OUT 4-6 weeks.

Players listed as "?"
02/05
G
C.J. Miles
shoulder
"?"
injured last game, is "?" Thursday vs Dallas.

Players listed as OUT
01/29
F
Andrei Kirilenko
ankle
OUT
is out 3-4 weeks.

As if the Jazz weren't already playing one of their most important games of the season Thursday against Dallas, now consider that Karl Malone will be filling in for Charles Barkley as a studio analyst on the TNT broadcast.
There's no way Malone could understate the urgency for the Jazz, who find themselves with 33 games left in the season chasing Dallas and Phoenix for one of the Western Conference's final two playoff spots.
The Mavericks went into Wednesday's game against Portland having won three straight and owning a two-game lead on the Jazz.

There is still swelling in his knee, but Williams said it's gone "down a lot" in the last two days. The Jazz are calling Williams a game-time decision to play.
"It's definitely a big game," Williams said. "They're right there, we gain a game on them if we win. It's a TNT game. So it's a game we need."
Williams took the practice court Wednesday wearing a blue brace on his knee over white sleeve running down to his calf. He is no fan of knee braces, never having worn one in a game, and isn't expected to start Thursday.
"I'll probably end up throwing it off," Williams said.
Dirk Nowitzki, meanwhile, undoubtedly will be hoping this visit to Utah will not result in a third consecutive suspension for an incident involving the Jazz.
Nowitzki was suspended a game for hitting Matt Harpring in the face with a backhand swipe in the Jazz's 97-88 victory on Dec. 26. Before that, he was suspended in March for a flagrant foul takedown that sent Andrei Kirilenko to the hospital with a bruised hip.
After the second suspension in December, Nowitzki called it more than a coincidence that both incidents happened against the Jazz at EnergySolutions Arena.
"That's how they play there. They don't call a lot of fouls there," Nowitzki said. "I just think it's Sloan having the boys play hard. It's been like this ever since I got to the league. They let the boys play in Utah and let them play hard. Sometimes on the edge. And I just got to be ready to take more hits and play through it and not lose my head."

ATX

get em X...just stopping by to see what's in your mind today

kinda screwed the pooch with that Boston pick. Normally I'd be all over LA with that many points. I need to be careful with the Lakers. I really don't like that team for some reason, bias is creeping in. Tomorrow I return to backing the Clippers. Memphis should be favored against basically no one.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Yeah, lets see what the Clipper line brings to the table Friday. Sometimes I am amazed at Dunleavy's ability to keep them as positive as them seem to be. That said, its likely the players own individual pride that keeps them looking like a "give a shit" group.

ATX

Yeah, lets see what the Clipper line brings to the table Friday. Sometimes I am amazed at Dunleavy's ability to keep them as positive as them seem to be. That said, its likely the players own individual pride that keeps them looking like a "give a shit" group.

opened -5, currently -5.5, interesting to see what this line moves, I'm thinking I can get at least 6. Public will be all over Grizz. Not sure if any groups are going to make a move on this. Reminds me of Washington/Washington State +7,+350 in football a while back. But the dog was at home there. Since 12/20 LAC has won a glorious 3 games total. Since 12/16 Memphis has won 4, and there last 2. These two teams are awful, LAC doesn't even really have much difference between road and home. So someone is trying to tell me that Memphis is more than 5 points better than anyone anywhere? That's the bottom line. A quick glance at the Grizz shooting performance last game and it's a lick of the chops. I'm not advocating <due theories> but these are not cards and dice. For the most part human beings want to win, when possible. They know the teams they have a chance against and tend to give a more focused effort than against teams they could play 30 times and never beat. If the Clippers don't win this game who are they ever going to beat? Really dumb statement. There's nothing that says that they HAVE to win another game, and I'm not going broke either way. But I do have a fairly robust database to draw from over the last 10 years in similar games, what I call the sewage subset. These toilet bowls have hit a very high percentage for me, but it's a catch-22. Who in their right f'ing mind is going to bet huge money on the Clippers? This is where the discounting starts. LAC is not consistent or dependable, futile enough to warrant more than 1.5%, pretty much ever. I want to get back to poker, and I forget what my point is exactly and feel cheated that I've spent over 15 minutes even thinking about the gd clippers...my line: Memphis pk to -2. And you pretty much need a whopping 3 point overlay to take the Clippers right now. What is home court for the Grizz? I'm not sure it's more than a bucket. Clippers in the middle of a brutal road trip. Something like 1.1% on the points and 30% or less on the ML. Not a big bet, but a good one. Lean to GS/Phx under. The home and home series tend to go under in the 2nd and the ONLY thing that really points to THAT many points is the previous matchups. Indiana should represent against Orlando, but I just woke up with KK.

kinda screwed the pooch with that Boston pick. Normally I'd be all over LA with that many points. I need to be careful with the Lakers. I really don't like that team for some reason, bias is creeping in. Tomorrow I return to backing the Clippers. Memphis should be favored against basically no one.

gets you every damn time, I knew better than to lay that many against the Lakers, regardless if Bynum was down

its hard to look at it from an objective standpoint but keep at it my man

"I want to get back to poker"

You and me both! Saturday couldnt get here any sooner.

Take it easy my man