Who has the best EOG team?

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

Howard is not a first rounder in this league, and his value is way to high for VD. Webb is a nice piece, but injury bug has people scared. I would like to have Webb on my Cellar Dwellers.

Yeah I love Webb, but he will still be out for a good while. I don't think that was a bad pick at all for chute, just unlucky he got hurt right away.

Howard is probably a 5th round pick in this league. He'll give ya some great weeks when he has 4 HR's and 15 RBI, but he'll have weeks where he gets single digit pts.

There are at least 6 1b I'd take over Howard.

mofome

Banned

Yeah I love Webb, but he will still be out for a good while. I don't think that was a bad pick at all for chute, just unlucky he got hurt right away.

Howard is probably a 5th round pick in this league. He'll give ya some great weeks when he has 4 HR's and 15 RBI, but he'll have weeks where he gets single digit pts.

There's at least 6 1b I'd take over Howard.

There are trip, There are.

tripp

EOG Master

Noted, but not as good.

:nono

that's arguably the #1 ss, #1 2b, a top 5 of, and a very good 1b. that's up there with your group of four. both are terrific.

not sure either compares with scutaro, pence, either and stephen drew as a top 4 though

oij213490

rjt721

EOG Master

that's arguably the #1 ss, #1 2b, a top 5 of, and a very good 1b. that's up there with your group of four. both are terrific.

not sure either compares with scutaro, pence, either and stephen drew as a top 4 though

oij213490
Also the No. 1 catcher in Victor.

Too bad I don't have any arms.

mofome

Banned

oij213490

noted. I have arguably the best ss, best 3b, and 2 top 5 OF.

as you go on to say, neither compare with the sluggers on team tripper.

:pop:

:houra:houra:houra

we'll either need replacements or we can havea 14 team league to make it work. would love to have ya in.

91023i2ndw;l

you better make it keeps league

:MADMAN:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

mofome

Banned

I need some os.

i need huff from rjt. rob and mark are too expensive, so is jones from cee.

i liked rookie keeps better than regular keeps. Was always fun to find the next cee braun
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

mofome

Banned

keeps would be sick. joba, pence, sabathia, haren, either, drew...all great keeps. that is was a keeper league where you just lose the round they were taken in.

:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail

mofome

Banned

i liked rookie keeps better than regular keeps. Was always fun to find the next cee braun

yeah 4 keeps and 2 rooks is sick. makes for a lot more trade values and the ability to trade draft picks is fun.

tripp

EOG Master

yeah 4 keeps and 2 rooks is sick. makes for a lot more trade values and the ability to trade draft picks is fun.

shit, i love trading picks!

i dominated in foots a couple years ago because the year before my team sucked dick and i traded every single good player i could for picks. ended up with steven jackson and owens as my keepers and all my picks were in the first 3 drafting rounds. i think my team lost 1 week that year.

i would trade brain tallet right now for somebody's 12 round draft pick.oij213490

mofome

Banned

rjt and mo are wright and Nolaso for Huff and Peavy.

that was nice deals.

I am missing ut though

draft pick deals i didn't like. People would deal all their picks away and knew they weren't coming back next season. So a new owner steps in with no picks and the previous owner did well since they got all good players for free

mofome

Banned

shit, i love trading picks!

i dominated in foots a couple years ago because the year before my team sucked dick and i traded every single good player i could for picks. ended up with steven jackson and owens as my keepers and all my picks were in the first 3 drafting rounds. i think my team lost 1 week that year.

i would trade brain tallet right now for somebody's 12 round draft pick.oij213490

I will give you my 12th for tallet and a naked photo of ttp.

mofome

Banned

draft pick deals i didn't like. People would deal all their picks away and knew they weren't coming back next season. So a new owner steps in with no picks and the previous owner did well since they got all good players for free

yeah you would have to make some rules to guard against things. you could incorporated things like fines and such. Also have to have a guard against how many picks a team could acquire or deal away. I used to always try and deal for picks and win the league.

:LMAO

yeah you would have to make some rules to guard against things. you could incorporated things like fines and such. Also have to have a guard against how many picks a team could acquire or deal away. I used to always try and deal for picks and win the league.

:LMAO

lol yeah, i just don't like how people could deal their picks and get the best players for free. That handicaps owners who already have good teams as they might hafta deal their picks also to stay on top.

idk, just think it ruins the league too much.

mofome

Banned

lol yeah, i just don't like how people could deal their picks and get the best players for free. That handicaps owners who already have good teams as they might hafta deal their picks also to stay on top.

idk, just think it ruins the league too much.

yeah it def has its downfalls.

tripp

EOG Master

i see where you're coming from cee, and those are a good points. i've never had that problem in my keeper league for nfl though. it's been the same group of guys for a while so nobody trades all their picks and leaves the next year. if someone did they shouldn't get paid.

also picks are honestly not traded all that often. if a guy trades their 1st and 2nd round picks to get a stud for this year then he might win the title, or he might not, but he's screwed for next year regardless.

i always prefer being the one trading FOR picks rather than trading them away.

mofome

Banned

I would always give a guy for a first rounder and try to win it all. never gave picks to improve, i went the cocky way and tried to give away pieces and win too.

I would lose in the first round of the playoffs every year

i see where you're coming from cee, and those are a good points. i've never had that problem in my keeper league for nfl though. it's been the same group of guys for a while so nobody trades all their picks and leaves the next year. if someone did they shouldn't get paid.

also picks are honestly not traded all that often. if a guy trades their 1st and 2nd round picks to get a stud for this year then he might win the title, or he might not, but he's screwed for next year regardless.

i always prefer being the one trading FOR picks rather than trading them away.

Yeah, tuckman does that and wins the league because of it. Don't like seeing people win just cuz they unload all their picks. Would rather see people winning do to good drafting/trades.

Foots is a lil different than bases. Matchups matter a little more in foots. Good run defenses shut down good rbs. And any rb can look amazing vs shitty defenses etc

I would always give a guy for a first rounder and try to win it all. never gave picks to improve, i went the cocky way and tried to give away pieces and win too.

I would lose in the first round of the playoffs every year

mo's defense is shaky in the playoffs since he's nervous :suit:

mofome

Banned

mo's defense is shaky in the playoffs since he's nervous :suit:

Im the nervous type, what can i say.

:houra

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Howard is not a first rounder in this league, and his value is way to high for VD. Webb is a nice piece, but injury bug has people scared. I would like to have Webb on my Cellar Dwellers.

Looking back on it, you are correct...this is my first ever time in a league such as this and during the draft my first concerns should have been pitching...when guys such as Verlander (who I had at one time) and Stults can get 50 points in one outing, the light bulb did go on in my head for future selections in this type of league....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I see Atkins is 4-37 his last 10 games with a .114 BA with no HR's and 2RBI...No wonder Tripp dealt him...Peavy hasn't won since I let him go...

I lost last week to Madcapper on the last day..
I lost to Gamer when I had a clear advantage with pitching and my bats went sour..

For all you guys ripping my team and trades, it is a long season...things have a way of evening out...the scoring system in this league was a little difficult for me to grasp at the beginning but I will be OK...didn't help that my starting catcher was on the shelf for 4 weeks...

Looking forward to the rest of the season and the shit talking...just don't get too offended when bad things go wrong on your team and everyone is dumping on you..

All teams here have holes...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Your team has a manager with a hole in its head...(couldn't help myself)

Your team is strong but can get beat...

tripp

EOG Master

Ethier and Cl Lee for Arod?

After asking me for Rivera and Morneau....hmmm!

i honestly don't see lee/either as being much different from fielder/wain or morneau/rivera. i will agree it's less than both, but both those offers were turned down because they were considered too much to ask. so i asked for a bit less and it worked out.

cliff lee can be a stud pitcher imo. i love having him. it's crazy that he's my #4 pitcher when he would be a very good #2 pitcher. also pitches vs shit teams all year in the central. as long as he starts getting run support he will be great.

either is very underrated imo. i like him more than kemp easily and he went for fucking peavy AND price. i would have given up arod for those two most likely.