Lake(shit)show...

Heim

EOG Master
They could have had Carmelo but opted for the 28 million dollar bust Danny Green. Funny how much better he looked with Leonard.

choslamshe

EOG Master
93 points against the Blazers d is as embarrassing as it gets. Might see one more game where the Lakers try to focus as much on getting guys like KCP, Green, Caruso, etc. involved to make shots. If its anything like tonight we are going to see the craziest usage out of LBJ and AD the rest of the way.

They could have had Carmelo but opted for the 28 million dollar bust Danny Green. Funny how much better he looked with Leonard.

The fact that the Blazers needed Carmelo is admission they were massively deficient to begin with. Lakers are missing too many defensive guards and will need help from the zebras to move on.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Refs being crazy at times. No homecourt. Some players seem to be just going through motions while others are really giving it their all. All around goofy times which is why we are seeing the results we are seeing.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

LOL. If that fucking clown could hit a shot, LBJ would have had 20 assists.

Isn't it also funny how I'm the guy who was shouting from the rooftops about what a good team Toronto was and ICBINK didn't carry shit and had a ton of help..... looks like Uncle Bred was right again considering Tor's year.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Game Bred won’t be happy.....

I'm neutral since it wasn't totally unexpected. They hadn't played in awhile and I thought Por may end up getting 2 games so hopefully this is one of the two... tops :)

Not too happy w/ Vogel but he is light years better than T-Lue but that isn't saying anything.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I'm neutral since it wasn't totally unexpected. They hadn't played in awhile and I thought Por may end up getting 2 games so hopefully this is one of the two... tops :)

Not too happy w/ Vogel but he is light years better than T-Lue but that isn't saying anything.

If Becky and I were at the helm, it would go 5, IMO. Last night was there for the taking.

kane

EOG master

You're using hindsight here, anyone could have signed Melo, no one wanted him until he finally signed with Portland, and then everyone looked at the signing as a big nothing, there's a reason hindsight is always 20/20. Last year Green shot 45% from deep, this year he shot 36%, of course you knew there would be that big of a drop off before the season, right?

Heim

EOG Master
You're using hindsight here, anyone could have signed Melo, no one wanted him until he finally signed with Portland, and then everyone looked at the signing as a big nothing, there's a reason hindsight is always 20/20. Last year Green shot 45% from deep, this year he shot 36%, of course you knew there would be that big of a drop off before the season, right?

In TOR they had to respect Lowry's shot, Green's man had to cheat a little off him. He had a ton of open shots in the Finals. Not
so in Lakeland, His first bucket came off a drive last night. He needs space...he's not getting it in LA

Anyone that thinks the what the Lakers are missing is an Iso player that cant defend might want to save their money and just stop betting basketball altogether.

kane

EOG master
should have kept lonzo ball. portland in 5

Yeah, cause that's what they need, a guy who shoots 39% from the field and 49% from the free throw line. They should have taken the best player in that draft, Jayson Tatum

Heim

EOG Master
Anyone that thinks the what the Lakers are missing is an Iso player that cant defend might want to save their money and just stop betting basketball altogether.

Lakers need offense, in case you didn't notice....they have decent help side defense especially with Davis and Howard in at the
same time and KCP is decent. Carmelo is strictly iso!?

Heim

EOG Master
Yeah, cause that's what they need, a guy who shoots 39% from the field and 49% from the free throw line. They should have taken the best player in that draft, Jayson Tatum

Railbird has a point, they need LBJ off the point. James looks like he's avoiding land mines trying to get around
the high pick, or is that in slo-mo??

kane

EOG master
Railbird has a point, they need LBJ off the point.

A point guard who shoots 39% from the field and can't make a free throw, no thanks, besides when he's healthy they already have a guy who fits that mold in Rondo, except he's a better shooter than Ball

kane

EOG master
Railbird has a point, they need LBJ off the point. James looks like he's avoiding land mines trying to get around

The GOAT has been playing point forward almost his whole career, he doesn't want to play off the ball, when was the last time you saw him down low posting someone up, that's not his game, he likes having the ball in his hands, and when you're one of the greatest passers of all time, why wouldn't you want the ball in his hands. Now, as his career starts winding down and he's clearly not the same dominant guy, then I can see him allowing someone else to do a lot of the ball handling, but that time isn't now

Heim

EOG Master
A point guard who shoots 39% from the field and can't make a free throw, no thanks, besides when he's healthy they already have a guy who fits that mold in Rondo, except he's a better shooter than Ball

I'm no fan of Ball, but the offense was better. Those teams had no clue on defense. I cringe watching Lebron and his bully ball
down the key knocking players over like bowling pins to get to the hoop.

kane

EOG master
I'm no fan of Ball, but the offense was better. Those teams had no clue on defense. I cringe watching Lebron and his bully ball
down the key knocking players over like bowling pins to get to the hoop.

That's how he's played his whole career, being a freight train going to the hoop, as he ages he'll do less of that and rely more on his outside shot, but playing "bully ball" is the way he's always played. This is the worst, or one of the worst three point shooting teams he's played on, when the other team doesn't respect your three point shooters, it's easier for them to clog the paint and take away driving lanes, if guys like Green and KCP can start knocking down some shots, the paint might open up a little, but right now If I'm coaching against them, I force the Lakers to beat me by shooting threes, they were 23rd in the league in that category, that's just not good enough in today's NBA

I thought saying the Lakers should have went out and got Melo was going to be the dumbest post in this thread. I stand corrected.

kane

EOG master
I respect Heim's basketball opinions, I just happen to disagree with his Lonzo take and his GOAT off the point take

Heim

EOG Master
Cowerd reiterated this morning three problems with the Lakers and the third will KO (according to him) them:

1) AD disappears in the 4th
2) No reliable 3rd scorer
3) LBJ over-passing

kane

EOG master
The GOAT has always had a third guy, in Miami it was Bosh, in Cleveland even though he's not great, it was Love, whose the third option in LA? There is none, and they're also the worst three point shooting team of all the teams in the bubble, no third option and can't hit a three is what will do them in

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Is it Vogel or is it 2 players taking up a big part of the cap?
, leaving no flexibility?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Is it Vogel or is it 2 players taking up a big part of the cap?
, leaving no flexibility?

I don't understand the question. They are the best team in basketball, they proved that over 70+ games this year. You may think the results don't reflect the reality, but I do.

Everyone needs to do better but Vogel needs to help them. he fluffed his lines w/ head scratching moves and non-moves.

I don't understand the question. They are the best team in basketball, they proved that over 70+ games this year. You may think the results don't reflect the reality, but I do.

Everyone needs to do better but Vogel needs to help them. he fluffed his lines w/ head scratching moves and non-moves.

The "best team in basketball", ie. the best regular season record team has won 6 out of the last 19 titles, so about 30% success rate. Most teams really don't care about it, I think the Lakers this year wanted to make a point about how good they were with the new additions. Next year they will see the error in their ways and finish maybe 3rd or 4th best and have a better shot at winning the title.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The "best team in basketball", ie. the best regular season record team has won 6 out of the last 19 titles, so about 30% success rate. Most teams really don't care about it, I think the Lakers this year wanted to make a point about how good they were with the new additions. Next year they will see the error in their ways and finish maybe 3rd or 4th best and have a better shot at winning the title.

Every team in the fucking LG gets up to play UniBron.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Who do you think teams got up for more this year, 13-Klaws or UniBron? It's not even close, playing an LA Dynasty captained by the guy they grew up watching.

This is one of the things I was thinking about in regards to UniBron's ridiculously low Season Win Total.... to my best knowledge the # ended up being 49' (per Krackman).

1. Slow Start
2. Injury Risk factoring
3. Getting every teams best shot (not sure what their projected strength of schedule looked like)
4. Load Management

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Who do you think teams got up for more this year, 13-Klaws or UniBron? It's not even close, playing an LA Dynasty captained by the guy they grew up watching.

This is one of the things I was thinking about in regards to UniBron's ridiculously low Season Win Total.... to my best knowledge the # ended up being 49' (per Krackman).

1. Slow Start
2. Injury Risk factoring
3. Getting every teams best shot (not sure what their projected strength of schedule looked like)
4. Load Management

5. Inexpilcably, not reliazing how good LBJ is and/or thinking he was, "Washed."