Zags, Baylor and Nova....Who Can Beat Them?

"No. 1 Gonzaga rallies to beat BYU 88-78 in WCC title game

...The Bulldogs (26-0) had been unstoppable all season, winning all but one of their games by double digits as they advanced to the WCC title game for the 24th straight year.

The Cougars (20-6) made the lopsided losses list twice, but exposed Gonzaga’s lone weakness in the first half at Orleans Arena: its defence.

BYU shot confidently, using an early 11-0 run to build a 12-point halftime lead.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca...lies-to-beat-byu-88-78-in-wcc-title-game.html

75-52, +47.38 units YTD:

https://www.sportswagers.ca/ncaab/

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
That game was a grinder for Iowa. I think they may be in some trouble against Illinois. Short turnaround and Cockburn can neutralize Garza. I will be on the Illini.
They are looking great today (Illini).

Michigan is done without Livers, tough blow for them at the worst time.

Valuist

EOG Master
Things really setting up well for them. Michigan has the big injury to Livers; Gonzaga hasn't played anyone decent in months; Baylor may be over the top. Iowa can't hang with the Illini. No excuses.

They are looking great today (Illini).

Michigan is done without Livers, tough blow for them at the worst time.

Agree Wolverines are in a bit of trouble, but they should make it to second weekend. May give Livers time to get back into some sort of playing condition for sweet 16

Will watch Ill/OSU game tomorrow. Eyeing a 2nd half wager on Ill hoping tired legs of 4 in 4 days has Illini pulling away.

I think the wise move for teams is to lose the conference tourney earlier, maybe get one win and then get out. No use winning them unless that's the only way in. Playing your kids hard three straight days burns them out. I don't think most of the Big 10 benefits from what they have gone through this weekend, but Michigan bowing out now might be the best thing.

Another year of shitty west coast basketball. Hard to see any team outside of Gonzaga making it to the second weekend.

Five Pac12 teams, 2 MWC, BYU to go with the Zags...at least one other will find a way to the second weekend. The teams were a lot better this year, wouldn't put much into the Pac12 tournament. Four teams seemed certain to get in, OSU just took advantage of teams taking it easy knowing their tickets were punched.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I put hundred on illinois +1000

The Puerto Rican kid has really come on and will play meaningful big minutes. They just need Trent Frazier or the freshman Adam Miller to knock down some threes in big spots. They rely on threes LESS than probably any other top ten team, and have gotten away from shooting them even more in past few games. Good and bad.

I put hundred on illinois +1000

The Puerto Rican kid has really come on and will play meaningful big minutes. They just need Trent Frazier or the freshman Adam Miller to knock down some threes in big spots. They rely on threes LESS than probably any other top ten team, and have gotten away from shooting them even more in past few games. Good and bad.

For a #1 seed that's a good price. Illini probably get a lot of fans too at the games, should be as much a home crowd as you can get under the circumstances.

^Fanduel (NJ) still has +1000 as of this morning, I looked a few places didn't see anything better

Still there. The expected #1 seeds at FD:
Zags +220
Baylor +400
Mich +500
Illini +1000

Also they give Ilini +200 to make Final Four. Houston expected to be the #5 team, one I think the battle tested Illini should be able to handle so this bet might be more intriguing to me.

Yeah I'm a sucker played the +200 also lol

That's just simple odds. Unless you think all the other top teams aren't going to make it its hard to make the case that Illini are going to be favorites enough to make the move from +200 to +1000 justified. Illini path is very achievable, but this is the tournament so who knows. I still think at +200 was a good play and the number dropped to +165 after the field was announced.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Another year of shitty west coast basketball. Hard to see any team outside of Gonzaga making it to the second weekend.
Five Pac12 teams, 2 MWC, BYU to go with the Zags...at least one other will find a way to the second weekend. The teams were a lot better this year, wouldn't put much into the Pac12 tournament. Four teams seemed certain to get in, OSU just took advantage of teams taking it easy knowing their tickets were punched.

SpottedCow v WildBill.

:unsure:

Heim

EOG Master
How can you lay anything with the Spartans when they struggle to create margin
all year devoid of any perimeter game?

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
That's just simple odds. Unless you think all the other top teams aren't going to make it its hard to make the case that Illini are going to be favorites enough to make the move from +200 to +1000 justified. Illini path is very achievable, but this is the tournament so who knows. I still think at +200 was a good play and the number dropped to +165 after the field was announced.
Houston to make final four is +450 at Points Bet, best I've seen, put a little on them

Heim

EOG Master
In the Big 10 Michigan State offense looks like the Washington Generals. Against a Pac-12 defense, the Washington Wizards.

Heim

EOG Master
Ha, good analogy. I wanted to wager on this game but nothing felt comfortable. Fav over looming.

I was on the Bruins. Hard to lay any points with a team that can't sustain any margin, plus Bruins really took it to SC despite the loss. SC is better than Izzo's squad.