Zags, Baylor and Nova....Who Can Beat Them?

Izzo oft anointed as coaching savant and he drew up a contested 15'er at the end of regulation. My son and I were debating whether they would go inside or play hero ball. Izzo outsmarts both of us with that craptastic play. What a poorly coached team. Genuinely earned the loss with their play of the last 8 minutes.

Izzo oft anointed as coaching savant and he drew up a contested 15'er at the end of regulation. My son and I were debating whether they would go inside or play hero ball. Izzo outsmarts both of us with that craptastic play. What a poorly coached team. Genuinely earned the loss with their play of the last 8 minutes.
Felt like he gifted me the UCLA cover. Electing to foul Riley in double bonus after burning 20secs on the shot clock down 3 with a 15 second differential. I'll take it.

Heim

EOG Master
Izzo never lost a kid from East Lansing like Brandon John Jr. to Michigan. That's one of the problems.

Heim

EOG Master
I enjoyed the little scuffle with Izzo and player Brown at the half. You had to like your Bruin bet after that.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Seeing a lot of similarities between Sparty and Duke now. Wonder how good the players really are, but they sure get the rep because of the coach. The only guarantee with the programs now is the coach will be back, the players are looking at the NBA.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
There's not even too many bracket challenges this year. Even Warren Buffet's challenge is limited to his employees (Berkshire Hathaway) only.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I don't get it. Isnt that what White was telling his team when he took the timeout?

A poor free throw shooter, if he misses both. FOUL Va Tech and don't let them shoot the 3?

I can't believe the complete fail by Florida there.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Oregon St. wow, I am going to look hard and long at over 126.......these guys have not woken from their dream. They are good enough to pace the game.

railbird

EOG Master
Oregon St. wow, I am going to look hard and long at over 126.......these guys have not woken from their dream. They are good enough to pace the game.
they won p12 tourney because they are p12 best, highest iq and best coach for sure. USC has best player but a dumb coach, ucla good front line, but tiger goes missing lots of time.Stanford should have been in, they are better than much of big 12 and big 10

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've been watching in-game numbers with Oregon State over the past month.

The Beavers have been excellent in the category of "game control."

Shortly after the start of a game, Oregon State goes from a +250 underdog to a +200 underdog to a +150 underdog quickly.

After 8-10 minutes, the Beavers are usually favored to win the game.

OSU has been an underdog of anywhere between 5 and 8.5 points over its last eight games.

The Beavers have won seven of those eight games.

How can you not love the Beavers?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
they won p12 tourney because they are p12 best, highest iq and best coach for sure. USC has best player but a dumb coach, ucla good front line, but tiger goes missing lots of time.Stanford should have been in, they are better than much of big 12 and big 10

Then why are you on Loyola against Oregon St...?

Heim

EOG Master
Dana Altman's record in March is incredible since 2012.

50-17

And his record when he has time to prepare is just as impressive.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Ucla had their way with pace. Tide horrible from the line. Sec def. player of the year with 2 fouls 1st 1 min. of game and out. Ucla run of 3's won the game for them middle lat 1st half.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
ESPN promotes women's college basketball, too.

Nothing negative about any of the participants.

Holly Rowe is awful.

Not a journalist but a publicist.

I'll never forget Holly in a team picture with the Seattle Storm after Breanna Stewart and company captured the WNBA title.

1617041181740.png

ESPN promotes women's college basketball, too.

Nothing negative about any of the participants.

Holly Rowe is awful.

Not a journalist but a publicist.

I'll never forget Holly in a team picture with the Seattle Storm after Breanna Stewart and company captured the WNBA title.

View attachment 7463835

Too funny. Crazy how the NHL felt it needed to be with ESPN just to get better showcased by them. You know where ESPN's interests lie when regular season women's NCAA gets much more publicity than the opening of the NHL season or women's softball gets promoted before the start of the NHL playoffs. ESPN figured out how to hardball the leagues they didn't cover.

MrTop

EOG Master
sports betting coverage, stats , scores & line services needs a major shake up.. You would think with all this betting going on it would have improved. Nope

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's one more beauty from ESPN's Holly Rowe:

Connecticut head coach Gino Auriemma tonight was discussing his team's narrow 69-67 victory over Baylor.

He talked about his team's will to win in the third and fourth quarters.

Auriemma told his team, "It's either win or go home."

Using self-deprecating humor, Auriemma then said, "So that's great coaching."

And would you believe Holly Rowe responded, "IT IS. IT IS."

What an idiot!

Heim

EOG Master
A lot of gambling heads were talking ARK +1150 to make Final Four without even the slightest mention of Baylor in their path.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Baylor has some tremendous guards...only team with a shot to beat Zags.

The December game between Baylor and Gonzaga was canceled in 2020 due to a positive COVID-19 test in the Zags program.

At the time of the cancellation, both teams were 3-0 in the young season.

Where was the game scheduled to be played?

You guessed it, INDIANAPOLIS.

Last edited:
Baylor has some tremendous guards...only team with a shot to beat Zags.
Zags are on another level but you don't think USC can pull an upset if they continue shooting? Their defensive length is a problem. I think Timme's lack of athleticism is going to get exposed tomorrow. My picks are also cold as ice.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Five Pac12 teams, 2 MWC, BYU to go with the Zags...at least one other will find a way to the second weekend. The teams were a lot better this year, wouldn't put much into the Pac12 tournament. Four teams seemed certain to get in, OSU just took advantage of teams taking it easy knowing their tickets were punched.

WildBill was right about basketball west of the Rockies.

I think twice before challenging him.