My Attention Whore World Cup Thread....Hall of Fame thread

Just a great job as of late. The winning may help, but I have a new favorite game to watch. I seriously never would have thought a 1-0 game in any sport could have me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I'm hooked.

I blame you.

AcesFull said:
Just a great job as of late. The winning may help, but I have a new favorite game to watch. I seriously never would have thought a 1-0 game in any sport could have me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I'm hooked.

I blame you.

lol....thanks. Soccer at this level is simply amazing nothing can compare with all the drama and pride on the line.

JRock7997 said:
instead of Brazil - Australia over 2.5 -136, what do you think about Brazil Team Total over 2 -125?

Im not much of a team total kinda of guy to be honest. Im hoping that Brazil can score 3 goals but they can easily just score one as well. What I really mean to say I have no opinion or at the very least I don't see a ton of value in the bet.

dmmd98 said:
Im not much of a team total kinda of guy to be honest. Im hoping that Brazil can score 3 goals but they can easily just score one as well. What I really mean to say I have no opinion or at the very least I don't see a ton of value in the bet.

Thank you for the quick answer!!

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
uh oh

the "cee jinx"

lol

but>>>

not to fret>>>

i'm not on 'em>>>the kelp jynx would cement the play;(unless i turned the tv off..!!!

gl

:ftyankees

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a save..............eat it Croatia. penalty shooters are now 2 for 4. That is a good omen for the under.

BettingProphets said:
under is a LOCK baby

so is Japan+.5

collect it at the window now its as good as gold:eek:

lol...you better not have Croatia and the over then come and use my thread for the forum jinx.

Not the best half of football but not too boring either since the game did flow but neither team has that one dangerous player that can be counted on to put the ball in the net. Croaita will regret missing that penatly kick.

dmmd

heres what I have and believe me am not happy with my play should have waited for Brazil Over to unload

6/17/2006
8:16 PM
Ticket #17531938
6/18/2006 6:02 AM

Straight Bet
SOC

[438] CROATIA -?-175

1750/1000

BettingProphets said:
dmmd

heres what I have and believe me am not happy with my play should have waited for Brazil Over to unload

6/17/2006
8:16 PM
Ticket #17531938
6/18/2006 6:02 AM

Straight Bet
SOC

[438] CROATIA -?-175

1750/1000

Good luck....i'll cheer for Croatia to get a 1-0 victory. And you just got lucky on that Japan miss. Man how do you not kick it straight and into the wide open net.

Both teams showed a clear lack in skill in this game. While my Japan prop bet is still alive its clearly on life support but hey its not a loss yet. Croatia played for the tie with the thinking that if they beat Australia they make it thru.

RealSlimShady said:
Did anyone just hear Musberger say "Some of us are on the under?" when discussing the Brazil/Australia game?:D

lol...yes someone informed me of that. I love Brent. He is a national treasure.

kublahkhan

EOG Member
dm thanks for your insights. lol, hung over as hell but still forced self up to watch soccer matches of all things. go figure, bol today

Man that game sucked all over the place. I had the over like many here, but after seeing the pace of this game switched and played under 1.5 for the second half and lost both. Man, it sucks to see that 89 minute goal. Ouch.

Oh man just got teased at the night by Kaka and a host of others. The second half was how the whole game was suppose to go. Im bummed.

Great now I gotta sweat out another 45 minutes as im hoping Korea can make a better showing of themselves in the second half and with the way today has gone let's just say am nervous about this.

Whew a good end to a day that could of been bad since I place alot of pressure on myself not to have bad days. The under was the right play in the Brazil game but the over came oh so close to cashing as im still replaying Kaka's kick in the last minute in my mind. However with the bad start in the France-Korea game it could of easily got worse so i'd like to thank France for playing in an outdated system of trying to milk a lead for 81 minutes and I'd also like to thank South Korea for cashing my France under 6.5 points prop bet which took away some of the sting of being down .36 units for the day but I feel alright it could of easily been a -2.60 unit loss for the day so i'll look on the bright side and wait til tomorrow to cash some tickets

Updated Record

Straight bets 27-4-2 +11.39 units

From my first post in this thread

"France total group points under 6.5 +105

50 to win $52.50

I don't like the French team they have issues in Net, injury concerns, age concerns so i'll take a shot and hope either The Swiss or South Korea can take them out and win me this bet.
"

Thank you

Prop Bets 2-0 +$152.50

kublahkhan said:
dm thanks for these writeups, followed you on s. korea and also played the draw

You are welcome, im just happy I didnt put an O-for day on the board. However I do give myself some credit for my write ups being pretty spot on more often than not.

dmmd98 said:
By the way im sorry....im an idiot :(

Shit, dont be sorry, you are making us some money. I took Brazil/Australia Over 3 +115 and South Korea +1 and +1.5 +106 (hate giving up the juice). So I still made +0.06 units following you yesterday. Keep them coming... :)

JRock7997 said:
Shit, dont be sorry, you are making us some money. I took Brazil/Australia Over 3 +115 and South Korea +1 and +1.5 +106 (hate giving up the juice). So I still made +0.06 units following you yesterday. Keep them coming... :)

Just wanted to make it be known that i'll pat myself on the back if need be but I won't try to bury an opinion that I got wrong. Glad you made out ok yesterday. And yes I don't sleep much.