My Attention Whore World Cup Thread....Hall of Fame thread

When one is lucky, one is lucky. For 70 minutes I was swearing the tar out of everything that is Spain. To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was asking myself how in the hell can a team who put in 4 goals against Ukraine lay this egg against Tunisia. Tunisia was also pissing me off. When will coaches ever learn that no matter what kind of team you have you can't milk a 1-0 lead thru the whole game most teams never mind a team as talented as Spain will end up finding some sort of opening. Once that happen the floodgates started. I was content when the over cashed since I was just about to write off both tickets and call it a loss for the day. When the over hit I had a good feeling about the insurance goal. When the PK was called I jumped out of my seat. Torres had to scare the hell out of me with his kick since more often than not that goalie will save that. Just amazing that ended up sneaking in. When you are good you also get lucky and I somewhat got lucky. Ok I pretty much swept the board today considering the one push. Well I didn't lose a bet atleast so show some love. Man my record is almost embarrassing just looking at it is turning me on but that is too much infomation. Time to relax for abit. Ill be back later on tonight since for tomorrow's game I have to do something different when capping it.

Updated Record

Straight bets 33-4-3 +14.90 units

Prop Bets 2-0 +$152.50

Alright heading into tomorrow's 3rd grouping of games I am going to be alot more selective I believe since alot of what if's come to play and what if's don't work for me. What I know now that works for me.

In case you didn't know for example both group A games (Ecuador/Germany - Costa Rice/Poland) play at the same time tomorrow in order to avoid any anticlimatic games. Since what happens in the group A games has an effect on the group B games (England may want to avoid playing Germany and not go all out in it's match aainst Sweden as an example) Im capping these sets of games at different times.

For tomorrow's group A games that start at 10 est I will most likely decide on who to bet and do the write up tomorrow moring. Now if that is a problem for anyone speak now (within the next 30 mins) or else im finally going to get some sleep but if someone(s) wants me to due my write up tonight I don't have a problem with it.

Ok after that group A games are done then i'll cap the group B set of games which start at 3 eastern because i'll have a clearer understanding of how the group B teams will play in their match after the first sets of games are done. Got it? Hope so if not ask and i'll repeat it in another fashion.

Good morning as we are winding down the group stage in this World Cup. Hopefully another interesting day is in store so let's get to it.

Poland - Costa Rica

More than likely im going to keep this short. Poland is playing for pride and Costa Rica are playing for the fact that some European scout notices them and signs one of them to a European club team. Since this game means very little so I am passing on the game. I lean to Poland -.5 & -1 with the under 2.5 but I find it very hard to trust a team a fav no less that hasn't scored a goal that coupled with the fact that Costa Rica has been scored on heavily in this World Cup makes me throw my airs up in the up and say pass.

Germany - Ecuador

A battle for first place as Germany who's fans demand they win this group go against Ecuador who are happy to be moving forward. Germany hasn't impressed me much in this World Cup but they have got it done and now face Ecuador who are going into this game with a different mind set. Germany will be playing all there top players where as Ecuador will more than likely be giving a rest to most of there players who have a yellow card over there head (5 players in total) Since Ecuador doesn't play a typical South American style game I am liking the under in this game. Ecuador has been soild on D not giving up a goal thus far in the World Cup and while Germany has talented players up front I don't see 3 goals going into the back of the net for a couple of reasons. A) If Germany is ahead 1-0 midway thru the second half usually teams start to press and move forward trying to get the trying goal that won't happen here since Ecuador is already thru to the second round so there won't be alot of 3-2 type plays late in games. B) On the flip side Germany doesn't need to blow this team out. They just need the 3 points so aslong as Ecuador doesn't score an early goal like the Tunisia game yesterday this game is going to drag on abit which should cash the under 2.5 -112 ticket. Yesterday afternoon I was looking at under 2,5 & 3 -120ish but that line has shot up to -144 yuck. In case anyone is wondering what is with the totals lately hey I'd like to play a side but I don't see much value in them at that moment since im not going to get trapped in any -160 Czech-Ghana or -170 Croatia-Japan line with today's example of Germany being -.5 -190ish today. So my mind set has been on totals with the hope that come the knockout stage some value returns on sides and not just totals.

Offical bets for the too lazy to read write ups crowd

Germany - Ecuador under 2.5 -112

I'll be back to do the write for the next two games after these first two are done.

kelp0027 said:

Swedes under 2???

too squarw???

gl

;)

too early to decide. It may go over or atleast hit the 2 just for the fact that Sweden needs this game so if England goes up 1-0 Sweden is going all out to get the trying goal which usually leads to a goal either way. If you are liking the under you are basically liking a 0-0 tie or 1-0 Sweden.

Almost Allright said:
DMMD, glad to see you are still rollling strong. Been on vacation for a week and I am ready to place a bet. Good luck today.

Thank you, i try my best and then hope for the best. Glad you are back.

kublahkhan

EOG Member
nah just a name I picked fithteen years ago for screen name but then find out I was an idiot and spelled it wrong, a few years later. Oh well never was too good at spelling.

Ok that wasn't a good first half at all since the under bet is hanging on for dear life. Damm end of half goals. Oh well time to watch the Costa Rica-Poland game and then check the score at the end of the game.

andrew748

Banned
kublahkhan said:
nah just a name I picked fithteen years ago for screen name but then find out I was an idiot and spelled it wrong, a few years later. Oh well never was too good at spelling.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_c01OpiCvoM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_c01OpiCvoM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree :)

hoo ha hoo ha

Frankie says relapse :D

Well atleast I didn't have to watch the Germany game which sadly didn't go my way. I'll just consider it an evening out of the Spain result that was lucky to come thru yesterday. It happens. Ok im going to take the rest of the day off since im in a good mood right now but if I go 0-2 that will end up messing with my mind plus I already have some action on England to win the group for my prop bets. Here is the record.

Updated Record

Straight bets 33-5-3 +13.78 units

Prop Bets 2-0 +$152.50

You know what screw it I like England at -.5 +165 but you have to get it quick since the line should drop before kick off. I have profits to play with and I like England. Sweden doesn't do much for me I don't think they can beat the England D where as England is playing Rooney who can score from anywhere inside 20 yards in and you know he wants to get his first World Cup goal on the board. So some may say im chasing im saying im taking a chance with the better team with enough to prove in order to silence there critics. Plus England hasn't beat Sweden in the last 11 matches.....there due (famous last words)

Offical Bet for the too lazy to read write ups crowd

England -.5 +165

dmmd98 said:
You know what screw it I like England at -.5 +165 but you have to get it quick since the line should drop before kick off. I have profits to play with and I like England. Sweden doesn't do much for me I don't think they can beat the England D where as England is playing Rooney who can score from anywhere inside 20 yards in and you know he wants to get his first World Cup goal on the board. So some may say im chasing im saying im taking a chance with the better team with enough to prove in order to silence there critics. Plus England hasn't beat Sweden in the last 11 matches.....there due (famous last words)

Offical Bet for the too lazy to read write ups crowd

England -.5 +165
What do you think about taking england pk -146 in case there is a draw ?:+clueless

Mr. Leisure said:
What do you think about taking england pk -146 in case there is a draw ?:+clueless

Too heavy juice for me. Since Sweden can win (doubt it but can happen) I'd either play England to make a proper showing of themselves here at the plus money or take the tie +160 on the 3way line.

dmmd98 said:
Too heavy juice for me. Since Sweden can win (doubt it but can happen) I'd either play England to make a proper showing of themselves here at the plus money or take the tie +160 on the 3way line.

Thanks dmmd,you`re the man:+thumbs-2

Mr. Leisure said:
Thanks dmmd,you`re the man:+thumbs-2

You are welcome....as for the man part only as good as the last ticket. I was either thinking England to win due to the Rooney factor or the tie since a tie would serve both teams just fine. I ended up taking England to win.

Well finally got unlucky. That one hurt. The less said the better i'll feel. Atleast my England prop bets are still in order.

Updated Record

Straight bets 33-6-3 +12.78 units

Prop Bets 2-0 +$152.50

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted
dmmd98 said:
Well finally got unlucky. That one hurt. The less said the better i'll feel. Atleast my England prop bets are still in order.

Updated Record

Prop Bets 2-0 +$152.50
Updated Record

Prop Bets 2-0 +$152.50

Fuck that........... You are 33-6-3

Go get some ass and keep your head up!!!

andrew748

Banned
:cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade

:) come on mate i'm sure it's only a minor set back:)

:cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade :cheeleade

Ok im back I've spent the last hour listening to the Smiths and I feel better. I'm happy to report that i've achieved a new level of laziness by doing my grocey shopping online. I really think there is going to be a day that I never leave my house. I'll just open up a bar on the DMMD98 estate and that would be that. Alittle over 9 hours away from doing one of the things I love doing the most and that is watching Portugal play.

Iran - Angola

Two teams with nothing going on and nothing to play for. Angola can't score and Iran can play defense so i'd lean to the under here but on this point there isn't enough of a reason or edge for me to bet it but the under 2 - 2.5 -105 sounds about right.

Portugal - Mexico

Ahh the feeling of being able to watch your fav team in peace is one of the few joys in life. Portugal isn't going to play with much of there A team due to yellow cards and Mexico is without there best striker so does that mean the under looks good. No it doesn't. Portugal can and will let it all hang out since they can play loose so im thinking Portugal plays the beautiful game today without any pressure. Yeah I did say that I wouldn't bet Portugal but I've also said that I'd call her in the morning too so consider me wrong on both counts since i'll believe in faith that Portugal breaks me out of this mini slump.

Ivory Coast - Sebria and Montenergo

Ivory Coast comes into this game without there best player in striker Didier Drogba and Sebria and Montenergo is a perfect example of a team that doesn't want to be there anymore and can't wait to go home since I don't think any of the players on that team can stand each other. If Drogba was in the lineup id unload on Ivory Coast but he is not so i'll pass even if the under 2.5 -129 did make me look twice.

Argentina - Netherlands

What could of been a great matchup is now for the most part anticlimatic as both teams are now threw to the knockout stage so they have little to play for which gaves me little reason to bet sadly since I couldn't tell the mindset of each team going into today's game so with that in mind im going to sit back and enjoy hoping that Portugal meets Netherlands and not Argentina. Either way im looking forward to this.

Offical bets for the too lazy to read write ups crowd

Portugal -.5 +162

Portugal - Mexico over 2 -112

P.S Thanks everyone

Reactions: Cee
farbror said:
Sir, How is Pauleta doing? I noticed the odds on him winning the Golden Boot sky rocketed the other day.

Pauleta is over rated. I can score the goals with the balls that Figo, Deco, Pretty boy feed to him. He isn't playing today which is part of the reason and the other is he up to this point doesn't score big goals for Portugal. In a friendly he can pound 3 in the net but truely big games he disaapears. PORTUGAL 2-0 WOOOOO

Almost Allright said:
There we go two winners. makes up for that absolute bs goal Engalnd allowed yesterday. Nicely done today.

You are not kididng about that BS goal by Sweden I finally allowed myself to see it this morning I almost threw up in my mouth. Ok write up to come give me 5-10.

Im back bitches and I don't mean you fine people who read this on a daily basis it seems. Im talking to Pinnacle and other Book makers. Ok so with 100k limits on sides Pinnacle isn't stressing about my action but I was stressing since I didn't want this run to end and there is a fear that creeps over me that with as good as I had it for the first two weeks it can all go away so today feels damn good. Im all decked out in my Portugal gear and I can't start to say how happy I am right now.

Truth be told I couldn't watch the second half of this game since I know that if I die a natural death it will be due to a heart attack watching a Portugal soccer game. I am a nervous wreck I couldn't watch the game so I did what every mid 20's male does and played Super Mario Kart on my Xbox (I have a program that has all the SNES games for my xbox) Yeah I feel like a dork right now.

This is going to be long by the way but its my thread and I should have some privileges. This win by Portugal is impressive. Do you know how many teams would just be happy with a tie and get the game over it (Ala friggin England) while I didn't watch the second half Portugal didn't give up the tieing goal and in the process help me out big time. So thank you Luiz Felipe Scolari (the head coach of Portugal) you are a friggin genius. You took the Portugal B game and beat one of the top 15 countries in the world that had alot to play for. You don't know how impressive he is as a coach. The man is a god in Portugal

Thumbs up to you Phil.

I made a goal to myself at the start that I wanted to be +15 units at about this time so I am pretty happy wth myself at this moment. I must admit I never pictured this thread to go like this. I don't know how Bucs did it as an example. To live up to the record below is stressful I tell you but its beautiful isn't it.

To Ace.....thanks for your post yesterday it meant alot and got me in the right frame of mind.

To Clip....you rep point message motivated me last week. I believe I was up between 4 to 7 units something like that and since you said you were going to follow (i have no clue if you did or not) I wanted to prove that I still had some winners left in me and hopefully still do going forward.

To all the people who chime in this thread that was my main purpose of this thread to get people to talk about soccer and maybe not see it as some boring sport cause no other game that produces such passion and im sure winning money helps. So the list is quite long but let me just say that if you posted once here thanks it means alot.

To Portugal....this wins tell alot about them. Like I said Portugal could of easily just half assed this game but they played with alot of heart and skill (atleast in the first half) I hope this feeling doesn't end but while im on this high cause of you thanks nothing beats this and only comes around every 2 to 4 years if lucky. (I feel the same way when Portugal is in the European championship) I had a feeling that Portugal was going to be my slump buster since in my mind I know this team inside and out and im glad atleast for today it showed cause I really didn't want to pick up a fat chick at a bar later on tonight.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CABli8PVSaQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CABli8PVSaQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ok im going to relax for the rest of the day and watch Argentina-Netherland to see who Portugal plays in the next round.

Now to the record

Straight bets 35-6-3 +15.40 units

From the first thread of this post.

Yes No Group Winner Doubles

Will England and Portugal BOTH win there group

Yes +220

$50 to win $110

Cash That and show some love

Prop Bets 3-0 +262.50

ClubmanCoop said:
:+textinb1 :yourock: :+money-8+

BOL DM

Coop

Thanks for the picture of Depeche Mode in a previous post. I have that poster laying around in a tube somewhere in my place.

dmmd98 said:
You are not kididng about that BS goal by Sweden I finally allowed myself to see it this morning I almost threw up in my mouth. Ok write up to come give me 5-10.

England (= Joe Cole) had a great first half and should have secured a W. Sweden had an excellent start of the 2nd half and hit the wood work twice.

I think a draw was a decent/fair result given the flow of events. Sweden at +285 was a nice bet. England hasn't beaten Sweden in 38(!!!) years or so.