My Attention Whore World Cup Thread....Hall of Fame thread

Ok for the sake of my Mexico +1.5 I need this game to slow down til the second half. Unless Mexico wants to score then i dont mind.

This game looks like a 2-2 type game that goes into extra time. I do need Argentina to win or Italy's road gets even easier.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..gotta watch out..!!!>>>

i got the germany under (win) parlayed with mexico over 2.5..>>>

watch out for kelp jynx..!!!

gl

:smoke

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
det wnba cover by 0.5 pt; i had ger under 2.5 -145>>>now i need one goal in regulation 2nd half

i don't wanta know the oddz, but

lol

my set is off; the electric plug out; cable disconnected; i gotta play every option and angle here...

lol

gr8 calls on all futball this year>>

dm ty

gl

:smoke

Wow if you had the over these two games would drive you to drink. Just two bad beats. Just missed out on a really good day but did edge out a profit so its better then nothing. Ok after this game is done I gotta go to chruch to light some candles for tomorrow's game.

Straight Bets

40-12-5 +14.40 units

Prop Bets 5-1 +325.50

dmmd98 said:
Wow if you had the over these two games would drive you to drink.

With the two early goals in both games one could have
gotten something like under 4 or 5 for a good safe
middle opportunity with live betting.

Today is D day....this hasn't happen in 40 years and the last time it did they were facing North Korea in the second round of the 1966 World Cup. North Korea came in as the underdogs but they did take out Italy to make it thru the next round. Well after 25 minutes North Korea found itself up 3-0 when one of the greatest performances ever in the World Cup took place as the greatest Portuguese soccer player ever Eusebio scored 4 goals on the way to a Portugal 5-3 win. What does that have to do with today's game? Well nothing I like talking about Portuguese soccer stories.

England vs Ecuador

If England comes into this game over confident thinking its going to be an easy game there going home cause I can't begin to tell you how much I believe England's head coach Sven-Goran Eriksson is an idiot. Take away the 3-0 result against Germany and Ecuador were quite impressive in the group stage so I expect a game in this match and maybe even an upset however I may be pulling for an upset cause the winner of this match plays the winner of the afternoon match. There is no offical bet for me on this match I did lean with Ecuador +1 +112 or the +1 & +1.5 -131 but I don't want to start the day with a loss going into the afternoon match.

Portugal vs Netherlands

Words can't do justice what I am feeling right now. I don't want this feeling to end. The world cup comes once every four years and during the summer's where the world cup isnt played I just number them for example the summer of 2007 is summer 1 of 4 since I have 3 more summers til the next world cup. By summer 3 of 4 (2009) the countdown starts from that moment on. Ok I gave myself the night to think about it and if gambling is all about value and finding bets that one thinks is value you must bet it so I've realized that Im not going to jinx this either way and I won't have to sweat the bet since the money I have on this game is meaningless towards the big picture.

Now I must explain to you why there is a good reason Portugal is a good bet in this spot so here it goes. Soccer like most sports is based on style of plays and Portugal historical has owed the Netherlands only losing once in 11 matches highlited by Portugal's 2-1 win against the Netherlands in the semi finals of Euro 2002. Truth be told it wasn't that close since Portugal scored in its own net so I've be known to say that the real result of that game is Portugal 3 Netherlands 0. The only edge I see is the revenge factor for Netherland but aside from that I am in awe that Portugal is this much of a dog. Portugal won all 3 group stage matches pretty easily highlited by a 2-1 win over Mexico that they didn't need to win against the same Mexico team that for 100 minutes gave Argentina all it could handle. The Portuguese midfield of Deco, Figo, and Cristiano Ronaldo will be able to control the ball in midfield and if you are able to control the all you clearly have the upper hand.Holland has played great defensively put Portugal is a team that can score on anyone from anywhere so that cancels each other out. Holland's best striker Rudd Van Nistelrooij may be benched for this game so it may cause Holland to be out of sync for abit.

Portugal needs to avoid being nervous in the first 20-25 minutes if they can avoid getting scored on in that time frame they should look good since I dont see holland scoring on anything but a set piece or corner kick where as Portugal can score on just about anyone everytime they touch the ball. That isn't even mentioning the coaching factor since Portugal quite frankly has the best coach in the world in Luiz Felipe Scolari on the sidelines. To say this man is a genius is not enough just truely a brillant coach and the leader of this Portuguese team. Ok one can decide if there going to go for Portugal at a pk +140, pk & -.5 +181 or the .5 +225. I know which one im going for. Below is the two goals Portugal scored against Holland in the 2004 Euro semi finals. If for nothing else watch the second goal cause its a thing of beauty.

Offical bets for the too lazy to read write ups crowd

Portugal -.5 +225

P.S I have no clue what language is being spoken here but it isn't Portuguese

Goal #1

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiTBA9pUA6o"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiTBA9pUA6o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Goal #2

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SH8vMNre_Lo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SH8vMNre_Lo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Cee said:
Dmmd over 1.5 team total for eng ok? or do u think they will be only 1 goal or less?

It's ok but still dont like it too much. The quicker England scores the first goal the better plus if England is up 1-0 late then England will have chances to score since Ecuador won't be playing too many men back but its its 1-1 you're bet is screwed since Ecuado will close the midfield up. However historical England has also been known to sit on a 1-0 lead.

Hey Mofo....just wanted to drop a line before I go into hiding sometime in the next couple of hours. While I can't say I wish Holland luck I can if they win i'll be heartbroken but still happy in the fact your team is going forward. I also hope this thread stays civil today while I am gone.

It was beautiful.....he can do that kick 1000 times and never hit it as good. My jaw dropped when that went in.

mofome

Banned
dmmd98 said:
Hey Mofo....just wanted to drop a line before I go into hiding sometime in the next couple of hours. While I can't say I wish Holland luck I can if they win i'll be heartbroken but still happy in the fact your team is going forward. I also hope this thread stays civil today while I am gone.

dmmd, you have the worlds top coach and a team, as you said, that is much more prone to score goals and create at any time than the netherlands. the netherlands have some of the best teachers of the game in the world, but we dont possesses a lot of the top class talent that some of the worlds elite team do. Netherlands will have to count on a defensive mistake or set piece imo to score while port will likely press the dutch defense much more so than vise versa. Holland does know how to keep the ball out of the net even when the struggle putting it in the back of the net themselves. i think the netherlands will control the ball more and will be happy with a 0-0 tie heading into the extra frame. im pretty excited about this one and i will certainly be happy if your team wins for you, you are much more passionate about this than i am or most anyone here. i hope its a great game and, most importantly, the ref remains a non factor. with the wrong offcials the port side could see more cards or be at risk of seeing more than the dutch side and i just hope that doesnt become a factor as it was in the germany game. These refs have made this sport look much softer than it really is. you watch a liverpool club match and offciate it the way these people are and you are going to end up with a 4 v 4 futbol game by the 75th minute.

bol to your side my friend and most of all, enjoy!

:cheers

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran
dmmd98 said:
Now I must explain to you why there is a good reason Portugal is a good bet in this spot so here it goes. Soccer like most sports is based on style of plays and Portugal historical has owed the Netherlands only losing once in 11 matches highlited by Portugal's 2-1 win against the Netherlands in the semi finals of Euro 2002. Truth be told it wasn't that close since Portugal scored in its own net so I've be known to say that the real result of that game is Portugal 3 Netherlands 0. The only edge I see is the revenge factor for Netherland but aside from that I am in awe that Portugal is this much of a dog. Portugal won all 3 group stage matches pretty easily highlited by a 2-1 win over Mexico that they didn't need to win against the same Mexico team that for 100 minutes gave Argentina all it could handle. The Portuguese midfield of Deco, Figo, and Cristiano Ronaldo will be able to control the ball in midfield and if you are able to control the all you clearly have the upper hand.Holland has played great defensively put Portugal is a team that can score on anyone from anywhere so that cancels each other out. Holland's best striker Rudd Van Nistelrooij may be benched for this game so it may cause Holland to be out of sync for abit.

Portugal needs to avoid being nervous in the first 20-25 minutes if they can avoid getting scored on in that time frame they should look good since I dont see holland scoring on anything but a set piece or corner kick where as Portugal can score on just about anyone everytime they touch the ball. That isn't even mentioning the coaching factor since Portugal quite frankly has the best coach in the world in Luiz Felipe Scolari on the sidelines. To say this man is a genius is not enough just truely a brillant coach and the leader of this Portuguese team. Ok one can decide if there going to go for Portugal at a pk +140, pk & -.5 +181 or the .5 +225. I know which one im going for. Below is the two goals Portugal scored against Holland in the 2004 Euro semi finals. If for nothing else watch the second goal cause its a thing of beauty.

Offical bets for the too lazy to read write ups crowd

Portugal -.5 +225

P.S I have no clue what language is being spoken here but it isn't Portuguese

TY DM

BOL

Coop

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran
So I'm watching a Soccer game....AND a Hockey fight breaks out......LOL

:violent:

Wish I took the OVER in Total Red Cards for the WC :doh1

Great Game :smokesmal

Ok I am back sorry about the post to say a post is coming. I took that out of the Shrink's playbook this more then likely is going to be along post coming up.

dmmd98 said:
Ok I am back sorry about the post to say a post is coming. I took that out of the Shrink's playbook this more then likely is going to be along post coming up.

:+money-8+

I am really num right now that is the best way to put it. Such a weird mix of emotions. I'll go into the game now. I knew the second Holland took out Cristiano Ronaldo which was done on purpose I have little doubt that this game was gong to be dirty. Portugal is a team that quite frankly can be taken off there game which was what happen. If a team plays rough with Portugal, well the same treatment will be returned. However such a low soccer IQ still from players like Costinha worries me to no end. The only thing I can think of is in days gone by Portugal would lose a game like this much like they did against South Korea in WC 2002 which right now I don't want to relive.

Now its time to pray that Ronaldo comes back against England and that Figo doesn't get suspended for the next game. Well its easy to look at the negative coming up against England. However Portugal still has the master in Luiz Felipe Scolari coaching this team and this might bring this team alot closer together when facing England who can't score up to this point. Portugal showed heart however.....alot of it and desire to win which hasn't been the case in years past.

Oh yeah I cashed a nice ticket truth be told I only bet it since I couldn't in fair conscience say hey this is good value you may want to bet it if I didn't have a bet on it so i'll consider this icing on a very bittersweet cake since I've manged to reach a new high in units and considering the up and down week i've had im pretty proud of that too. Bring on England im just glad this dream isn't ending for another week.

Straight Bets

41-12-5 +16.65 units

Prop Bets 5-1 +325.50

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..nice work; dm:

i must admit i took port +.5 -145 instead of -.5 +200;

but>>>

wtf;

another ticket cashes due to expertise of dm..!!!

gr8 call(s)...

gl

:cheers

akillies

EOG Veteran
I agree with everything you said , and would add at least the best team won. I had been hoping for the matchup w/ england, since i feel england is overrated and port. underrated and would be getting great value. You will have to advise how much port. chances are going to be compromised, minus 2 or more players.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
note well; dm:

you have undervalued your prop bets; but note that you are 5-1>>>

remember: shrink and many other sharps consider props to be the juiciest of all wagering opportunities..!!!!

jmho

gl

u b da man: dm

gl

:+clueless