2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

I’m a cubs fan but I would like to see other teams also.

But you don't see other teams mentioned. Any time a team is mentioned I respond, and certainly with more knowledge than any of the crybabies whining about it.

We used to discuss the Mets a lot... who was the guy who said they were going to fall apart due to aging positional players and injury prone pitchers? Oh, right... me...

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Most good metrics account for those exceptional plays

coaches, players, etc all say Baez is an elite defensive player. Not easy when he plays 2B, SS, and 3B regularly, but he pulls it off. He was also the backup 1B and emergency catcher.

but guys the mentally ill canadian chubster with titties says he's not that good... gotta take him at his word here folks

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

But you don't see other teams mentioned. Any time a team is mentioned I respond, and certainly with more knowledge than any of the crybabies whining about it.

We used to discuss the Mets a lot... who was the guy who said they were going to fall apart due to aging positional players and injury prone pitchers? Oh, right... me...

You discuss baseball from a cubs fan perspective. Ive never seen you discuss another team without a biase as not as good as the cubs or without comparing them to the cubs. I don't mind you discussing the cubs btw I just don't understand how Shwarber weight loss or Baez being named the everyday 2b is hot stove worthy.

You're the biggest fan of the cubs of any fan of any team I can remember in any major sport. That's respectable but not +ev for me as Ive never seen you post a play or opinion that was overly critical of your team. Regardless there is a thread on MLB 2018 where you should post your cubs thoughts instead of hot stove as they're done making moves it seems.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

You discuss baseball from a cubs fan perspective. Ive never seen you discuss another team without a biase as not as good as the cubs or without comparing them to the cubs. I don't mind you discussing the cubs btw I just don't understand how Shwarber weight loss or Baez being named the everyday 2b is hot stove worthy.

You're the biggest fan of the cubs of any fan of any team I can remember in any major sport. That's respectable but not +ev for me as Ive never seen you post a play or opinion that was overly critical of your team. Regardless there is a thread on MLB 2018 where you should post your cubs thoughts instead of hot stove as they're done making moves it seems.

If I saw you post this crying response to Viejo, who has asked me unprovoked about Schwarber probably 500 times since last year ended, I'd respect this request.

But since you've never posted that to him directly, I will take this for what it is. Singling me out and bitching about a problem that is mostly caused by others.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

If I saw you post this crying response to Viejo, who has asked me unprovoked about Schwarber probably 500 times since last year ended, I'd respect this request.

But since you've never posted that to him directly, I will take this for what it is. Singling me out and bitching about a problem that is mostly caused by others.

All good. Post away. I don't have time to read every post of people fighting with you.
Ill avoid this thread knowing its a cubs tantrum/fight thread. Goodluck to your team in '18. They should sign Holland imo. I don't trust Morrow as a closer.

All good. Post away. I don't have time to read every post of people fighting with you.
Ill avoid this thread knowing its a cubs tantrum/fight thread. Goodluck to your team in '18. They should sign Holland imo. I don't trust Morrow as a closer.

Hey Drink what do you think of what the Rockies are/are not doing? Looks like they're really hooking their saddles to this idea of "we're going to get it done with our Bullpen".

TIA

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Mikey....you need a vacation.....

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Mikey....you need a vacation.....

why are you using personal information?

My name is JavyBaez9.

Sad... a fat sack of donkey shit with no integrity.

Be honest with us, Viejo, when was the last time you exercised? Back before civilized society, people like you would have died early.. society is a bit of a negative sometimes in terms of advancing the human race.

kane

EOG master

My name is JavyBaez9.

Be honest with us, Viejo, when was the last time you exercised? Back before civilized society, people like you would have died early.. society is a bit of a negative sometimes in terms of advancing the human race.

Javy, maybe it's garbage like this that would make someone post your name, just a thought

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Javy, maybe it's garbage like this that would make someone post your name, just a thought

Weird, since he started posting my name routinely before I started insulting him

My guess is the kind of person who would allow themselves to be 250 pounds overweight doesn't have much integrity or respect for others since they don't even respect their own health.

Syndy threw 2 innings. 11 pitches 100mph or higher and he mixed in a 92 mph change up.

Just stay healthy. Please.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Hey Drink what do you think of what the Rockies are/are not doing? Looks like they're really hooking their saddles to this idea of "we're going to get it done with our Bullpen".

TIA

Worked last season with Mcgee battling injuries as the set up. They go Shaw 8th and Davis 9th. They are trying to win on the road more than previous years. They have some tremendous young arms but no real veteran leadership in the rotation.
I also think unless Dahl lives up to his hype and plays injury free they could struggle to score runs. Why they didn't grab Dickerson or a insurance power bat is kind of troubling to me. Parra is hurt already (reocurring theme) and youre paying 20m a season to Desmond who is a defensive liability at 1b and his arm isnt coors field big.
You swap Ianetta for Lucroy not a big fan of that.
Tapia in right maybe but no power there. Theyll be a lot like last year in decline of the run producing category its up to the rotation to mature quickly and bullpen to live up to its contracts. I think 81.5 was priced right.

I like them a bit more than AZ as far as teams who slide a little in the west who I felt really outperformed their analtytics and lose Martinez and will rely on Bradley and a japanese player to close both whom have no experience in doing so. Not a big rockies fan just go to a lot of games.
I think humidor in AZ, higher fences at coors its kind of clear the NL west is a little more of a smallball division with these things than even 2 years ago.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Syndy threw 2 innings. 11 pitches 100mph or higher and he mixed in a 92 mph change up.

Just stay healthy. Please.

Why is he airing it out first spring training outing?

Also, this is 2018, hitters actually did well against his fastball last year. Location is more important than velocity unless you have 'no' velocity.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

They should sign Holland imo. I don't trust Morrow as a closer.

It's not like it'd hurt, but I think they'll wait and see if they can get a super bullpen at the deadline like 2016. Surely some names will pop up. If they did sign Holland, you'd have

Holland - closer
Morrow - 8th
Edwards -7th
Strop - 6th
Cishek
Duensing
Justin Wilson

That'd be pretty formidable. Especially if Justin Wilson pitches like he did with the Tigers.

Why is he airing it out first spring training outing?

Also, this is 2018, hitters actually did well against his fastball last year. Location is more important than velocity unless you have 'no' velocity.

He may have been holding back some. Most likely was.

He was hurt most of last year Javey. When he was on the mound he dominated. Like always.

You have any fangraph stats or war stuff to back up your silly statement?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

My name is JavyBaez9.

If you have any stones, please show up at Arlington Park on the first Saturday in August....

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

He was hurt most of last year Javey. When he was on the mound he dominated. Like always.

I don't need any fangraphs to tell me he is dominate when healthy. You should be praying for the bullpen to stay healthy. The pitch counts their implementing for the 1st half on sydney, matz, degrom and harvey youll be lucky to see them in a 5th inning regardless of how they are pitching. I don't personally enjoy the approach they're discussing but I also see the upside.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

2015 - average velocity 97.1 - Fastball runs above average 12.9

2016 - average velocity 98.0 - Fastball runs above average 6.4

2017 - average velocity 98.3 - Fastball runs above average -0.2

Ignore 2017, but he doesn't seem to realize that 96, 100, 102... 96 on the black is a better pitch than 102 dead center. He is a thrower still, and not a pitcher, and that'll always hold him back if he doesn't figure it out. It'll also lead to injuries every year because pitching is not a natural motion on the human body.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Just looking for a little gambling nugget from anyone who follows a team closely.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I've lost enough money on Syndy watching 101 MPH fastballs being scorched somewhere. Big league hitters can hit 101 now. This isn't like when Chapman broke into the league and no one knew what to do because they'd never seen pitches that fast.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I've lost enough money on Syndy watching 101 MPH fastballs being scorched somewhere. Big league hitters can hit 101 now. This isn't like when Chapman broke into the league and no one knew what to do because they'd never seen pitches that fast.

Sounds like my luck with stras.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Sounds like my luck with stras.

It also seems like the Nationals have been doing very well against Syndergaard lately. The more you see someone unique, the easier it gets.

Same thing applies to Arrieta... Pirates, Reds, Cardinals, Brewers saw his weird angle from 3rd base so much that it became easier to hit. He did much better when he got out of the NL Central. Whoever signs him will be getting a steal for the first couple years.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Hate to break it to you but Chapman wasn’t the first to break 100MPH....

I don't need any fangraphs to tell me he is dominate when healthy. You should be praying for the bullpen to stay healthy. The pitch counts their implementing for the 1st half on sydney, matz, degrom and harvey youll be lucky to see them in a 5th inning regardless of how they are pitching. I don't personally enjoy the approach they're discussing but I also see the upside.

I think it may be geared more to harvey matz and wheeler. Degrom and syndy should be different. Let them go through the lineup 3 times.

Syndy degrom >>>> hendricks Darvish

It's not even close.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Syndy degrom >>>> hendricks Darvish

It's not even close.

lol

yeah you told me Harvey was better than Lester a few years ago too. I'll stick with my evaluations of pitchers. 12io4j2w90

you also told me Matz was better than Hendricks. :pop:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

This isn't like when Chapman broke into the league and no one knew what to do because they'd never seen pitches that fast.

Wrong, players had seen 100mph fastballs before Chapman.

And BTW Zobie more flexible than Baez out in the field.

With those corrections you may carry on.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Wrong, players had seen 100mph fastballs before Chapman.

And BTW Zobie more flexible than Baez out in the field.

With those corrections you may carry on.

lol

if you think Baez couldn't play all 3 outfield positions, you are very dumb. He's too valuable to waste in the outfield.

MrTop

EOG Master

no way.

there were guys who threw that fast before.... you don't go back that far

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

coaches, players, etc all say Baez is an elite defensive player. Not easy when he plays 2B, SS, and 3B regularly, but he pulls it off. He was also the backup 1B and emergency catcher.

Again, Zobrist more versatile defensively than Baez.

Javy getting educated tonite.....

Youre welcome. :)

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Zobrist even make this year's team?

Truthfully, I love zobrist but his defense is starting to suffer at 2B so I think you’ll see him mostly in left and right giving people days off and a few at 2B when Baez shifts over to SS

rico1

EOG Master

Is it true the soon-to-be 37 year old is so finished? Career on such a negative slope? That he cannot even play in Cactus league games yet? Dear Lord!

:pop: