2018 Westgate Football SuperContest and Others

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks for the updates. That Supercontest is going to be interesting to see how much the Circa contest takes away from it.

Agreed I don't anticipate too much, I would assume many will enter both but the Supercontest will always have good numbers regardless I would think

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
People appear to be happy with the $1500 Westgate Football Supercontest Numbers so far, not even July yet and they have 581 ENTRIES

$5000 Westgate Football Supercontest Winner Take All has 15 ENTRIES

Our forum buddy Squarepants took it last year and won $640,000, congrats to one of the good dudes.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
All is cool FH thanks, a bunch of the old crew is coming in August if you want to join and pop by. I'm going to the Aces game on Tuesday night if your around, hope all is good with you.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I read that there is something like 85 signed up for Circa thus far, mostly out of towners....and about 400+ for Westgate. I signed up for Westgate before the Circa was announced, otherwise, I would have done the Circa.

sharky, how does your proxy service work, i.e., how are the picks submitted to you, and how to you submit them to the contest?

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I signed up some people yesterday, $1500 Westgate Football Supercontest at about 590 now, GOLD at 15 .... picks are submitted by text or email, I go in person to submit them. The Westgate deadline is Saturday morning so will most likely finish there and go do the $1000 Circa Football Sports Million afterwards looks like the plan mrbowling, hope the season treats you well.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I'll take a stab and say Westgate just for the fact there are half points than the Circa Sports Million where there are no flat lines just 3.5, 4.5, 7.5 ...etc.... meaning I think your 61% in Westgate would propel you to a higher finish position even with more players. Maybe someone else can chime in on it.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Early on, I'm giving high marks to CIRCA in a wide range of categories.

Quite impressed

All the new books popping up across the country and low and behold NEVADA comes up with one of the best newcomers on the block.

Hats off to Mr. Stevens and his management team.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Early on, I'm giving high marks to CIRCA in a wide range of categories.

Quite impressed

All the new books popping up across the country and low and behold NEVADA comes up with one of the best newcomers on the block.

Hats off to Mr. Stevens and his management team.

My screen shows Circa currently dealing -234 on 953 Washington, with the give back on 954 Miami at +210.

That's a 24-cent split, which is damn impressive that far from a pick.

Other Vegas books' current splits on that game:

Wynn: 25 cents
Westgate, William Hill, Cantor, Golden Nugget, Boyd: 30 cents
both Reno indies: 30 cents
Caesars, Stations: 35 cents
MGM, TI, South Point: 40 cents

Echoing Fishhead's kudos to Derek Stevens and his team

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I agree it's good on many fronts for a new book and a welcome addition I would think many would agree. I'm surprised the people I was chatting with were confident they will get 1500 entries in their 1st year running the contest. I disagreed I just don't see it. The football contest is at around 100 entries right now.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I agree it's good on many fronts for a new book and a welcome addition I would think many would agree. I'm surprised the people I was chatting with were confident they will get 1500 entries in their 1st year running the contest. I disagreed I just don't see it. The football contest is at around 100 entries right now.

I would think that with the huge overlay, they will attract more local entries, especially as the deadline approaches. Will they get to 1,500? who knows, but they sure have a lot of work to do!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it, The Nugget was giving 100% back to the player granted No Overlay but they got Under 300 ENTRIES their 1st year despite an appealing pitch. Circa is more aggressive with their marketing and promotions Im noticing

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Hope Circa doesn't reach 1500, but in the camp thinking they will be very close to or actually achieving the 1500

The contest guru guys on VSIN agree with Sharky though and say it will be fewer than 1300

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
With only a few proxies controlling much of the WG entries, they along with ViSN will play a huge factor determining whether or not Circa reaches 1500.

1200-1300 would be perfect because it will provide a nice overlay for all of us participating, and won't discourage Circa from continuing next season and beyond.

The standard out-of-town entrants (such as myself) will be in LV during August. Triple entries will get it to 1500 and beyond very quickly. Locals who may not have participated will pile in if/when an overlay exists at the deadline.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
WW, spot on.
Also, a great feature of the Circa is picks can be submitted via the APP, which appears will also enable contestants to view standings.
The BIG DADDY Circa coming to the old LVCLUB locale is going to be incredible.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Thanks 300, was gonna ask if they allowed that now.

At least the shit contest improved in some capacity, LOL

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
If Circa would use the format I've suggested for many years it truly would outshine both WG and GN.

Get rid of the Thursday games. Post lines Friday early afternoon with a Saturday dinner time deadline.

-3 +2.5, -7 +6.5.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
If Circa would use the format I've suggested for many years it truly would outshine both WG and GN.

Get rid of the Thursday games. Post lines Friday early afternoon with a Saturday dinner time deadline.

-3 +2.5, -7 +6.5.
I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that Circa is going to half point every line in the contest. No pushes. I like that.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that Circa is going to half point every line in the contest. No pushes. I like that.

You heard wrong. Unless they've changed, the following rule is posted on the Circa website:

7) The Contest is won by accruing as many points as possible, based on five (5) weekly pro football selections against a static point spread. Contestants will be awarded one (1) point for each correct selection, one half (.5) point for each push, and zero (0) points for each incorrect selection.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated

WH does that with their college football contest...which I won a 3-way piece of last season. It's awful because most of us are on the same sides every week and it involves less handicapping than it should. My advantage there is that it plays to one of my best betting strengths...choosing which line moves to avoid.

So unless Circa is going to use a format such as -3.5 +2.5 and -7.5 and +6.5 itll be even more ridiculous than how the lines already are used in contests. Nearly everybody will be on the same sides.

However, with how contest lines typically are posted, grading contest pushes equally as losses would be an improvement. There needs to be less advantage for merely playing advantage numbers.

I don't expect to see any out-of-the-box thinking with contests, because the pundits enjoy reporting about somebody picking 65-70% winning selections. Myself...I'd be completely satisfied taking home the million dollar top prize while picking 48-52% using the -3 +2.5 format.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Saw this on Twitter from Dave Tuley....
Great post mrbowling

And what a fantastic job by Dave Tuley putting that together. That dude is underrated. I have no idea who pays him but he is just a daily follow for his betting information and recap of the day in sports.

He is a master in his niche!

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
You heard wrong. Unless they've changed, the following rule is posted on the Circa website:

7) The Contest is won by accruing as many points as possible, based on five (5) weekly pro football selections against a static point spread. Contestants will be awarded one (1) point for each correct selection, one half (.5) point for each push, and zero (0) points for each incorrect selection.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I hadn't noticed GN added a 3% rake this season. Thanks for posting that information Bowling.

If the NFL ever has a 75% underdog cover rate for an entire season, Tuley surely will win all the marbles. Can't remember ever seeing him on a favorite.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I hadn't noticed GN added a 3% rake this season. Thanks for posting that information Bowling.

If the NFL ever has a 75% underdog cover rate for an entire season, Tuley surely will win all the marbles. Can't remember ever seeing him on a favorite.
He made a lot of money betting and parlaying NHL 1st period totals this season. Even after the books started to adjust and layed big -180 juice prices to them.

Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
We can expect more great things from Circa down the road hopefully, and with Stevens operating the ship, expect such.
Thus far, 100%+ contest and one day of no vig already in their resume.

railbird

EOG Master
We can expect more great things from Circa down the road hopefully, and with Stevens operating the ship, expect such.
Thus far, 100%+ contest and one day of no vig already in their resume.
hopefully no smoking and no drink tickets to keep the shitheads away