2021 AFC Championship Game (Bills v Chiefs)

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Would like to open tease KC if they were the dog and bet that Mahomes plays. The RB will be back also.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Feels like the move is a bet on him playing, not a bet on who will cover. If he plays then they'll take the Bills at +3.5 or higher and hope for the middle.
Yes. It will be a pros vs joes game in that scenario. All of the joes will be on Buffalo at 3+.

Yes. It will be a pros vs joes game in that scenario. All of the joes will be on Buffalo at 3+.

We'll see, I think most Joe's are going to have a hard time betting against the champs with Mahomes playing. They have shown a willingness to lay whatever price backing the Chiefs this year and its cost them a lot of money of late.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
We'll see, I think most Joe's are going to have a hard time betting against the champs with Mahomes playing. They have shown a willingness to lay whatever price backing the Chiefs this year and its cost them a lot of money of late.
They have lost a lot of money backing them and probably have been riding Buffalo lately.

Valuist

EOG Master
One last point about today's game: what is the point of having a Rules Committee if you don't change the worst rule in the rulebook? For years, I've railed against the "Touchback Rule". It is completely illogical. You fumble a ball out of bounds anywhere else on the field, there is no change of possession. You fumble the ball out of bounds in the end zone, or thru the end line at the back of the end zone, it results in a change of possession (turnover). The defense has done nothing to merit this change of possession. Where should the ball be placed? At the same spot when there's defensive PI in the end zone; at the 1 yard line with the offensive team retaining possession.

Browns coaching staff laid an egg today. You have a top 3-4 RB in Nick Chubb going up against a weak run D. He basically only carried the ball in one quarter (the 3rd). At another point, there was a "catch" by a KC receiver that clearly hit the ground but the Browns were too slow to get the challenge flag out. They did, however, challenge the Tyreek Hill reception which he pinned against his hip and clearly would not be overturned. And choosing to kick off to start the game? To Mahomes. My letter grade for the Browns staff: D

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Offensive football players need to be taught the risks/rewards of exposing the ball and diving for the pylon.

The "touchback rule," as Valuist called it, is one of the most severe infractions in the rule book.

I'm not against rule as much as Valuist, but I shake my head when unsophisticated players dive for the pylon on any down-and-distance situation other than fourth-and-goal.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Honestly - I am just gonna wait and see who Anita Marks likes on the ESPN show Daily Wager........and take the other side.

To say she is pathetic would be a compliment. Fade her all the way to the bank. Same goes for the other game, too. I know at worst I will go 1-1 and lose juice but the odds of going 2-0 are much better than 0-2 fading her

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
i thought there was a rule he has to sit a game if he hurt his head. ???

The NFL concussion protocol requires many measures before a player can take the field again. It begins with rest and recovery, where the athlete must avoid all activities except stretching. We saw this with Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph, who suffered a concussion against the Ravens in Week 5. Before he can play again, Rudolph must return to his baseline status determined in the preseason.

When a player reaches the next phase, they can begin light aerobic exercises under the supervision of the team’s medical staff. When they’ve met this sufficiently, they will continue with cardiovascular workouts and start introducing strength training.

As a player progresses, they can perform position-specific training, minus contact activities. Once the team physician clears the player to return to practices, the neurotrauma expert will also perform an evaluation. If they agree with the team doctor’s findings, the player can return to practice and games.

Source: NFL.com

railbird

EOG Master
KC;s best player is Kelce, 2nd best is Tyreek. Henne throws a better ball than mahomes. no surprise pat got injured, light in the cakes as jk likes to say.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
KC;s best player is Kelce, 2nd best is Tyreek. Henne throws a better ball than mahomes. no surprise pat got injured, light in the cakes as jk likes to say.

Light in the cakes.

Love that phrase.

Especially for basketball players who cannot hold their place on the floor.

I don't consider myself an expert on an athlete's backside unless you're talking about the WTA or WNBA.

Keep an eye on Italian tennis star Camila Giorgi and WNBA superstar Breanna Stewart.

1611071227076.png

1611071541109.png

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
If you were handicapping this game like a horse race there would be no contest. Looking at current form, Kc although 15-1 on the season(i dont count sd when resting players) are 0-7-1 vs the spread their last 8. Their biggest win has been by 6pts. Buffalo since losing to Kc in week 6, is 11-1 with their only loss vs Az by 2 pts. They are 9-1 vs the spread their last 10, winning 8 by double digits. The Bills beat Balt despite their main advantage neutralized by the wind, Balt the best in the league in rushing, still lost by double digits. The line says Mahommes is playing, but if say 10% he doesn't or his injury gets aggravated in the game, do you really want KC. I took the 3 with another afc east team going to the superbowl.

This game is a little harder for me to take the temperature of. Some places have KC -2.5 and I suggest grabbing it while you can. Just like I said in the national championship with bama because of how these two teams came to this point its truly one of the few times you're actually getting value with the Chiefs.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I Would Double Team Diggs All Game.

Make Allen Beat You Without Him.

You Can't Do That With K.C. Offense.

To Many Play Makers.

Both Q.B.'S are Runners.

K.C.- Better O

Buff- Better D

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
your next sharp post will be your 1st
I'll help you out with this concept - They ran for 250 yards while your boy ate shit in week 6. CEH had 161 rushing yards. You can use this info and charge $9 for it if you like.

Would I like to see Buffalo win? I have a 25/1 future on them. I don't think it's happening.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Chiefs are still alive to repeat as Super Bowl champions.

The 2003-2004 Patriots are the last champs to successfully repeat.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Kansas City -3 and 53 at BetDSI right now.

If/when word gets out Mahomes is playing think we might see Bills +3.5. I don't see it going to +2.5 so for anyone who likes the Bills Mafia - wait. I doubt you will get worse number than you can get now. The fact Pinny has Chefs -3 -108 leads me to believe 3.5 is coming. For how long? No idea but I do think 3.5 is coming