2023 MLB

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
WS bullpen torched in the 9th in back to back games vs the Marlins. Blew a 1-0 lead after 8 by giving up 5 in the 9th saturday. Sunday up 5-1 after 7, gives up 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Don’t know if this gets played, but Im on the Pitt/Cubs F5 under 5 -120. Cubs have a brutal lineup tonight, meaning Pitt will have to get the runs off of Stroman.

kane

EOG master
it may be the biggest crowd of the year in Oakland.
The fans are doing what they call a "reverse boycott", the goal is to have a large crowd for tonight's game to show MLB that baseball can work and should stay in Oakland, the problem isn't lack of fans, it's horrible ownership, curious to see how many in attendance

Heim

EOG Master
27,000+ in attendance. I watched part of the game. So strange seeing all the seats filled behind homeplate. I double checked to see if I switched to the right game

Valuist

EOG Master
I think they're better than Oakland, specifically, on field talent. Witt is a Astar, some good young guys like Blanco and Olivares. With that being said, pitching is AAA quality.

I know the schedule isn't as division dominated as last year, but cmon in that dreadful AL Central? Oakland has a division where the Mariners are the "weak link" of opponents.

27,000+ in attendance. I watched part of the game. So strange seeing all the seats filled behind homeplate. I double checked to see if I switched to the right game
I tuned in last night with no knowledge of the reverse boycott as well and couldn’t believe the size and how loud the crowd was. I felt like I was in bizarro world at first.

Valuist

EOG Master
Ohtani just went upper deck opposite field in Arlington. AFTER pitching 6 innings.

Best athlete in the world. Nobody is close.

Heim

EOG Master
Halo rookie Neto was looking like their future SS, now obligue injury will keep him out a while.

They might have to move some players around, call up Velasquez has zero pop in his bat.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
One of the most bizarre plays I have seen in a very long time...try to watch it. Lad vs SF bottom 11th

Betts safe at first on fielding error by third baseman Schmitt, Betts safe at third on error, Busch thrown out at home in rundown.

kane

EOG master
Trivia time
There are only two active players who played against the Montreal Expos, I got both, one is pretty easy, the other took me a little while to get

kane

EOG master
Ray got it, Zack Greinke is the other player, Wainright was a really good guess and the first pitcher I guessed as well

kane

EOG master
Well, it looks like I'm not the only Reds fan these days, I played them to win the division at +2700 about a week and a half ago

kane

EOG master
I still think they need to add a rotation piece or two, but that division is up for grabs, .500 might be good enough

kane

EOG master
America's team beats Houston 9-7 in ten innings to complete the sweep and finish the 9 game road trip 8-1, currently a half game out of first behind the Brewers

Valuist

EOG Master
Ray got it, Zack Greinke is the other player, Wainright was a really good guess and the first pitcher I guessed as well

If it wasn't right, my next guess would've been Rich Hill. I'm guessing Greinke was on KC, so they must've had an interleague series with the Expos.

I was in the car and listening to the Cubs/Orioles broadcast and Cubs announcer Pat Hughes was talking about the oldest players in MLB. Hill is the oldest at 43. Nelson Cruz and Wainwright the next oldest.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
The Marlins are 18-5 in one run games. Many think this won't last but I remember a team a few years back
was able to maintain their one run margin the entire season. When you have a good staff, it's sustainable.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Wow! I'm seeing +450 and +500 at most shops now. What's Circa now?

Circa only puts up the divisional YES/NO odds in the morning. Today the Reds are YES +375, NO -485.

FWIW, WH has Reds +400. Reds are now the 2nd favorite to the Brewers.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The Marlins are 18-5 in one run games. Many think this won't last but I remember a team a few years back
was able to maintain their one run margin the entire season. When you have a good staff, it's sustainable.

The SF Giants had great one run records during their WS runs (2010,12,14), I remember the announcers saying they were a one run miracle team.

The 2016 Rangers have the modern-day record for best % at 36-11 (76.6%). 2012 O's are 2nd at 29-9, 76.3%.

Marlins are currently @ 78.3%, teams almost always regress from such lofty heights.