Al Macguire and Joe Thiesman

Hey Al, every sentence does NOT have to start with....

"I'll tell you what, you talk about......____________".

I forget every week how much I hate these shmucks. :+talking- :rolleyes:

X

xpanda

I was thinking of writing a column entirely devoted to the dumbshit stuff these announcers/reporters say.

My weekly (hourly) favourite: 'so Coach, what's your gameplan going into the second half?'

STFU.

Al McGuire was a great coach at Marquette and a pretty good announcer, but I think you mean Paul Maguire.

I would take either of these guys over Madden any time.

I think the ESPN Sunday Night crew is the best in the business by a landslide.

Seriously, would you rather have this or CBS/Fox lulling you to sleep?

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Uh....I wouldn't mind a little fucking SILENCE! I tune in to watch the game, not to hear some dipshit talk about how he's gonna talk about how fast Dwight Freeney is, 50 fucking times. :)

Just a little silence, I just want to watch the game, hear the crowd, the hits, the whistle...etc..not some 3 clowns fighting over airtime with the same tired ol sayings...:hung

They would not be on unless they got high remarks from experts in the biz

No one here has a clue on what a good announcer is including me

Ratings very high so they stay

I decided to give this crew a clean slate this year. Have hated Theismann as an anouncer forever. But last night, I was pleasantly surprised to listen to them and even chuckled a few times. This announcing team seems to be more comfortable now and I for one will give them annother chance this week.

jjgold said:
They would not be on unless they got high remarks from experts in the biz

No one here has a clue on what a good announcer is including me

Ratings very high so they stay
I disagree. People tune in -despite- the announcers.

I'll tell you what... these guys as analysts suck. Period. I want to tell you... Good announcers don't suck every players' c*ck all game long. Good announcers don't say the same thing over and over ad nausuem.

A good announcer is one that the fans like. There are no Ilovetheespnfootballguys.com sites out there.

(Mike Patrick is fine with me, by the way; it's Maguire and Theismann who are awful)