All Systems Go for American Pharoah's Triple Crown Bid

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Re: All Systems Go for American Pharoah's Triple Crown Bid

I'm still very leery of AP getting 12 furlongs, he didn't look like a super horse in the derby, but like I thought and Crick confirmed he was sweating badly in paddock. I thought he was going to get beat when I saw that. I'll be watching closely on simo feed to see how he looks.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

AP drawing outside Materiality would be huge.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The draw for post positions in the 147th running of the Belmont Stakes takes place Wednesday at noon ET at Rockefeller Center in New York City.

michael777

EOG Dedicated

Somehow,they always lose,always an excuse as to why,we shall see,I hope he wins

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

How will Pharoah lose?

1) Gets beat on the square

2) Pilot error

3) Distance limitations

4) Surface issues

5) Health problem

6) Other

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

How will Pharoah lose?

1) Gets beat on the square

2) Pilot error

3) Distance limitations

4) Surface issues

5) Health problem

6) He grabs a quarter and takes 1/2 his foot off at the break

Let's hope it's not 6 again.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

scratch before race (ill have another)
3 year old (bayern in disguise) enters in a shocker and takes him out at start
serious injury in race (barbaro)
steps on thumbtack prerace (spectacular bid style)
mafia fix in some manner to punish zayat
corners badly to other side of track

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Thanks VD

I know old Howie very well, I worked with him and had dealings with him when him and I were on opposite sides of the counter, he worked with Jack L which I'm sure you knew.

I got Howie his very first job in offshore....he is a character.....he was a very good friend back in the 80s and 90s......I wish him nothing but the best in collecting his money from Zayat.....

Mr Wonderful

EOG Veteran

I got Howie his very first job in offshore....he is a character.....he was a very good friend back in the 80s and 90s......I wish him nothing but the best in collecting his money from Zayat.....

Howie and Billy were quite the combo, Howie would tell me stories about Billy back in NY that would have me rolling on the floor.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Billy the laziest white man on the planet.....

Now back to the thread.....I like AP and Frosted in an exacta box.....

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

Agree with Viejo, that is most likely exacta. Want to see draw.

After Preakness wanted to play Materiality, but he is going to have to do all the work pressing AP or on the lead with AP just off him depending on draw/break. Think now Frosted is most likely upsetter.

I hope we get a fast track.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Madefromlucky will be ready.Big race.No worse than second

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Agree with Viejo, that is most likely exacta. Want to see draw.

After Preakness wanted to play Materiality, but he is going to have to do all the work pressing AP or on the lead with AP just off him depending on draw/break. Think now Frosted is most likely upsetter.

I hope we get a fast track.

Materiality and AP have styles best suited for 1-1/2. If Materiality draws inside AP Victor likely let's him go and those 2 should stroll. Be tough to close into that exacta.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

Materiality and AP have styles best suited for 1-1/2. If Materiality draws inside AP Victor likely let's him go and those 2 should stroll. Be tough to close into that exacta.

Agree, its tough to know how fast they'll go the first half, do they go 1:12 & change and bunch the field or do they use both of their best asset (spd - especially AP) and open up 5 lengths on the backstretch.

If I'm Bob/Victor I would want to use my spd and make it into a match race between him and Materiality, if AP can't get the 12 furlongs, then the race sets up for Frosted. I just think Frosted is the most likely winner if AP is defeated. I think they are going to go faster than expected up front down the backstretch.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Agree, its tough to know how fast they'll go the first half, do they go 1:12 & change and bunch the field or do they use both of their best asset (spd - especially AP) and open up 5 lengths on the backstretch.

If I'm Bob/Victor I would want to use my spd and make it into a match race between him and Materiality, if AP can't get the 12 furlongs, then the race sets up for Frosted. I just think Frosted is the most likely winner if AP is defeated. I think they are going to go faster than expected up front down the backstretch.

When a horse's main weapon is his turn of foot, added distance compromises his advantage. Gimme grinders stretching out. Talented for sure, but he's going to need a lot of help up front IMO.

Saturday forecast

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

i said this 2 weeks ago and was called a "fucking idiot" for it

The people saying its a weak crop are the people who don't follow horses.

You don't have a clue, and you act like your opinion means anything on horses.

Tbh.. I've never seen gabe on here talking horses either. That's all you should know

Tbh.. I've never seen gabe on here talking horses either. That's all you should know

I don't need your opinion or comments

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Gabe talks horses all the time and offers many pieces of info and thoughts.

also, I think at the track he had some special access once to see or maybe even pet Zenyatta once.

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated

The draw for post positions in the 147th running of the Belmont Stakes takes place Wednesday at noon ET at Rockefeller Center in New York City.

Another strange decision by NYRA. Having the draw in the heart of Manhattan, yet not following that up with ANY advertisement of a potential Triple Crown winning event in NY. I've been walking around Manhattan all weekend, haven't seen an ad or banner yet. It's like the race is going on in another state. Memo to NYRA, Manhattan fans are the ones you should be targeting. They're young, make good money, and have plenty of disposable income.

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated

Even worse is that I work in Manhattan not far from Rock Center, and the first I heard about the draw today is Mr Kelly's post, from Las Vegas.

yisman

EOG Master

The NYRA is terrible.

The draw should be a big event. Very important.

[

Another strange decision by NYRA. Having the draw in the heart of Manhattan, yet not following that up with ANY advertisement of a potential Triple Crown winning event in NY. I've been walking around Manhattan all weekend, haven't seen an ad or banner yet. It's like the race is going on in another state. Memo to NYRA, Manhattan fans are the ones you should be targeting. They're young, make good money, and have plenty of disposable income.

Shouldn't be surprised by this

Anytime the nyra, or any organization that could better the game of horse races, has a chance to make some positive noise, they fuck it ip

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

1. Mub
2. TOV
3. Made From Lucky
4. Frammento
5. AP
6. Frosted
7. Keen Ice
8. Materiality

jasson621

EOG Dedicated

4,6,7 boxes zero speed AP should have nice time of it away from the gate and can let MAT clear and get on his outside or float him and cut.....nice draw