American Idol...anyone watching?

Re: American Idol...anyone watching?

They gave her a good 5 minute piece showing her riding her horses and some sob story how she had to sell one to come to the auditions. Guess AI producers never heard of the internet funny how they left this out ID.

But she is very talented and has to be the big betting fav to win it win it all you would think.

Kristy Lee

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kristy Lee Signs In Triplicate with Arista, Britney, and BMI[/FONT]
Brand-new Arista Nashville artist Kristy Lee continued to establish her roots in Music City by signing a songwriter affiliation deal with BMI at their Nashville offices. In addition to her label contract, Lee recently inked a deal with Britney Spears' newly-formed production company as its debut artist. Superstar Spears, a BMI affiliate, has already agreed to make a cameo appearance in Lee's first video.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Making it official at BMI Nashville are (seated) Kristy Lee and her mother, Carlene Cook; (standing) BMI's Mark Mason, Patsy Bradley, David Preston and Paul Corbin. photo by Beth Gwinn [/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The 17-year-old singer claims Selma, Oregon as her home, although recent months have been spent attending to business matters in Nashville and performing live in various venues in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Lee adds horses and softball to her passions beyond music. She is managed by Marty Rendleman, who formerly managed LeAnn Rimes.

wow.......

David is my golf buddy. trip to see a good friend posted at eog.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I posted the winners (at least the top 12) in a thread here one time...will not tell where as I don't want to spoil it for anyone

U must mean the top 24....i dont see who you could post the top 12 yet, seeing as the public votes weekly, to get from 24 to 12...its not up to the judges...maybe u had the top 12 guys, and top 12 girls, the judges decided those, and it was taped

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

lotta wanna bees and already tried and already failed in this years group..

The Truth About the Contestants of American Idol 7 | Vote for the Worst

(Last updated 1/26/08 with the top 24)

Thanks to sources like JoesPlace, Vote for the Worst has been checking out the contestants who have allegedly made it to the top 24 of American Idol 7 and there's a disturbing trend. To try to combat Sanjaya fever from last year, American Idol producers have gone out of their way to place people into the top 24 who already had a shot at stardom in the past. It seems like a good idea at first- they’re stacking the deck with professionals to try to prevent a Vote for the Worst takeover. But then you realize- if these people didn’t make it big before, it’s highly unlikely that people will care any more about them now. And if all of these people with industry connections made it to the top 50, what about the average Joes who are looking for their shot at stardom? Were they just cast aside this year to make way for the plants? It’s likely that if you tried out for the show and failed, or if a friend with an amazing voice tried out and was turned away, it was to make room for the established professionals. This is not to say that these ringers are any less deserving of stardom, or any less decent or nice, but that the days of everyday people becoming the next American Idol are over.

The biggest offender by far is Irish singer Carly Smithson (formerly Carly Hennessy before she was married). During season 5, Carly was pimped by Simon Cowell before the show even started as “the only person I can genuinely remember from the auditions.” Simon said something similar about Carrie Underwood the season prior. Carly was fortunately dropped from the ranks for not having a visa. Nigel Lythgoe, one of the obnoxious executive producers of Idol, is already back to hinting about her even though she’s never said a word on the show. So why is Carly getting so much hype, and what happened in her past?

Carly Smithson is the epitome of a record industry failure. She was brought to America by MCA Records and recorded a bland pop album that sold only 300 copies (that’s not a typo). Then she faded into obscurity. Now, a mastermind behind the scenes at Idol has decided that instead of just signing Carly to an Idol-affiliated record label, she should be pushed down America’s throats as a contestant on American Idol. Back with brand new tattoos and an "edgier" sound, the record execs connected to Idol are probably hoping that Carly will finally catch on when she’s featured on the #1 TV show in the country. To make things even messier, one of the songwriters for Carly's album also wrote songs for the debut albums of Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, and Kimberley Locke. There's a definite Idol connection here, folks.

So what’s wrong with this? Well, it’s forcing Idol to expose its hand as the premiere marketing tool for struggling artists. Instead of discovering the next big superstar, music executives are deciding who should be popular and getting them on to Idol. Many people watch American Idol because they think they can help make the next big music star out of an Everyday Joe or Jane. But Carly and her large number of has-been companions are merely failed artists who are being planted on the show by their sources to promote themselves. Would the hundreds of thousands of people who auditioned this year be happy to learn that their spot was given to someone who already had connections?

American Idol judge Randy Jackson was quoted in a Rolling Stone article as saying that people watch Idol for “the Rocky story in it…We're not out to find the poster kids and say, "Let's sign them." We're out to find the best undiscovered [talent] and really herald that.”

“The best undiscovered talent”, eh? Apparently that quote was only valid back when it was said to Rolling Stone in 2006. And when he said it here in 2005. And here. And about 1000 times on the show. Simon says it here, that they ask every contestant when they try out if they think they are the best undiscovered talent in America. What is someone like Carly supposed to say? “Well, I’m talented, but technically not undiscovered.”

The sad part is that Carly is not an exception this year. There are many, many more contestants who are supposedly in the top 50 and have failed careers. Michael Johns is another notable contestant. An Australian import, he was formerly the lead singer of a band called The Rising and a band called Film. He also changed his name from Michael Lee. Michael was signed to Maverick Records with Film, and they were supposed to release a debut album in 2003. But according to one of the group members, Michael allegedly screwed over Film by leaving the band and stealing their songs, claiming he wrote them. This guy sounds like a real winner. I wonder why he isn’t already famous?

It doesn’t stop there. Here are some more has-beens who have failed at becoming famous yet snuck their way onto the show:

Kristy Lee Cook was signed to Arista Nashville, had Britney Spears lined up to appear in her debut video in 2001, and is managed by Marty Rendleman, who previously managed Leann Rimes. She also apparently loves to alienate most of America by singing in front of a Confederate flag in a video. Looks like her connections may not help her after all...

Jason Castro was on the television show Cheyenne and played the love interest of the main character.

Robbie Carrico is a failed singer from the pop group Boyz N Girlz United (check out their terrible music video). The band opened for Britney Spears and LFO before disbanding, and he was even one of Britney's first boyfriends. Robbie now fronts the band Missing Picket that rocks just about as hard as Daughtryback.

Syesha Mercado was on the failed television show The One and is the daughter of a Motown backup singer.

Joanne Borgella is a plus sized model and won the televised beauty pageant Mo’Nique’s Fat Chance in 2005. She previously sang with Patti Labelle, Mary Mary, and American Idol's own Bo Bice for a Christmas special. Joanne also appeared on the Tyra Banks Show, Good Morning America, and Hot 97 with Miss Jones.

Amy Davis sang in a band with 2 members of Survivor and was a round 2 qualifier for 2007’s Nashville Star. She is also a fairly successful model.

David Archuleta won Star Search at age 12. During Idol's first season, he met all of the finalists and even sang for Kelly Clarkson and the gang. A few days later, David met with a host of record labels and producers with connections to the show.

Brooke White opened for Phil Vassar on tour.

Jason Yeager was a top 25 finalist on Making the Band.

Kady Malloy had a record out where she worked with famed record producer Nick Trevisick. Nick has worked with Mandy Moore and Natalie Imbruglia. Her record has disappeared from AmieStreet since her audition appeared on Idol.

Samantha Sidley, Shaun Barrowes, and Lorena Pinot are failed plants who did not make the top 24.

And last but not least, Jermaine Paul made the top 50, but according to JoesPlace, he smartly dropped out. The biggest plant of all, Jermaine was already signed to J Records (home of Clive Davis, he who signs most of the winning Idols) and was nominated for a Grammy for a duet with Alicia Keys on her second album. Alicia Keys is known as Clive Davis’s most recent pet project. Jermaine also appeared on a remix to Kanye West’s “Gold Digger” as a part of the group Focus. Jermaine’s website has mysteriously disappeared recently.

These are only the backgrounds we know of so far. As the season progresses, we'll find out more info, and we’re sure most of the other contestants have connections as well.

So were the auditions just a formality this year? Because we’re fairly sure that if you have a Grammy winning duet with Alicia Keys, a band that opened for Britney Spears, or a prior relationship in show business, you probably weren’t waiting in line like the rest of the people who mistakenly assumed American Idol was a competition to find “the best undiscovered talent in America”. Then again, we all know what happens when you assume.

Archangel8

EOG Veteran

i'm gonna put a little on Michael Johns to win the thing as soon as i get a line..this Aussie singer has really got a nice catchy voice...he should easily win over all the lady voters.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

that young 17 year old can really sing....this should have been the worst for him, being he is so young, and its 60's, but he tore that song up..

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

That danny guy has got to go........:doh1

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

he looked like he could "float" right off that stage.....then messing with his hair....he should have worried more about his singing than his hair and shoes......

dont think he will make top 12...

Journeyman

EOG Master

Nooooooooooo.............Not one bit!

:+textinb3

I thought he was gay but was giving him the benefit of doubt....why is it that certain gays almost overdue it , or is that just how it is?

It can't help his chances to be so over the top gay with the popular vote. :rolleyes:

Journeyman

EOG Master

Pretty wild how people can actually improve after being sent home ...and now in the final 12.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Peter Fampton's grandson just performed.

:LMAO:LMAO He was terrible 2. I also have seen enough of that kid who does that chick thing with his neck. I notice the cook girl was there early but was gone halfway thru the show.:+clueless Also the black hair girl with the pretty blue eyes and that god awful Tatto was missing. I wonder if these to skirts are sick? Man i like the way that cook girl was wiggling when they showed the top twelve at the end of the show. she was the first dancer. ummm hummm. Something about watching guys sing that makes me want to take a shower after the show.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

damn, Ryan just blindsided that kid...

I know that kid didnt see it coming that fast for sure....but he wasnt that good, so he probably had an inkling he might be going

Journeyman

EOG Master

damn, Ryan just blindsided that kid...

I know that kid didnt see it coming that fast for sure....but he wasnt that good, so he probably had an inkling he might be going

He sure did blindside him...he was pretty weak though....sometimes it's just the type of song and that was not his song!

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

amazing enough, i though Paula's video and song was pretty good...she hasnt recorded in so long, i didnt expect much, but it was pretty good...she can still move, thats for sure....i used to really like her music back in early 90's...

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Hopefully this year's version of Sangia doesn't last long......:doh1

Journeyman

EOG Master

:LMAO I gotta feeling he's gonna hang around!

very similar gay look with overly dramatic reactions...he has more talent though, it seems.

:doh1

Dick Tator

EOG Enthusiast

How did this turd burglar not get bumped off tonight? He was the worst of the 24 and just fucking annoying to say the least. If he lasts another week, i may not watch it again.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

my buddy David taking on John Lennon tonight....might be a little much for him, but he did a nice job.....the kid can sing....

about time for jacuzzi to go......and the drama queen too...he's about done