And that's why black athletes should take a knee during National Anthem

kane

EOG master
There are animals in LA. Imagine what the cops have to deal with on a daily basis.

Being a cop isn't an easy job, but nobody is forcing them to join the force. If you're going to be a cop, then follow the rules, we all have rules to follow in life, and cops are no different, the vast majority of them do a good job and are honest, but the ones that aren't make the good ones look bad

No it isn't, it's a slap to the asshole cop who committed murder, and the rest of the bad cops who've done similar things. Kap took a knee to draw attention to black people getting treated by the cops the way George Floyd was treated

There's a proper place for everything. The National Anthem isn't a place for a look at me moment.

skinny

EOG Addicted
Being a cop isn't an easy job, but nobody is forcing them to join the force. If you're going to be a cop, then follow the rules, we all have rules to follow in life, and cops are no different, the vast majority of them do a good job and are honest, but the ones that aren't make the good ones look bad
This.

kane

EOG master
Good point. If only George Floyd and Michael Brown had followed the rules . . . .

The punishment needs to fit the crime, Eric Garner was illegally selling cigarettes, so of course the punishment for such a terrible crime was to be choked to death by a cop. Plenty of times I speed on the highway, I would hope that if a cop pulled me over for going 15 miles over the limit, the event wouldn't end with me being murdered by the cop, then again that would never happen to me, I'm white

The punishment needs to fit the crime, Eric Garner was illegally selling cigarettes, so of course the punishment for such a terrible crime was to be choked to death by a cop. Plenty of times I speed on the highway, I would hope that if a cop pulled me over for going 15 miles over the limit, the event wouldn't end with me being murdered by the cop, then again that would never happen to me, I'm white

Because you would be smart enough to not resist arrest and would obey the request of the police. Still no word on how/why Floyd was in that position, but no doubt some aspect of resisting arrest will be a part of it.

kane

EOG master
Because you would be smart enough to not resist arrest and would obey the request of the police. Still no word on how/why Floyd was in that position, but no doubt some aspect of resisting arrest will be a part of it.

Did you see the other video of the events leading up to Floyd being murdered? There was a camera on top of a restaurant where Floyd was originally pulled over, you can see the cops getting him out of his car, they have him sit against a wall, they then take him across the street and that's where you see the cop with the knee to his head, Floyd was doing nothing wrong in the video, he wasn't resisting arrest, I'll try to link the video

https://www.insider.com/surveillance-video-george-floyd-minneapolis-police-arrest-death-2020-5

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No it isn't, it's a slap to the asshole cop who committed murder, and the rest of the bad cops who've done similar things. Kap took a knee to draw attention to black people getting treated by the cops the way George Floyd was treated
If Kap is so concerned, why doesn’t he ride with some police on a weekend 2nd-3rd shift? Not trolling here either. It could bridge the two sides.

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="FairWarning, post: 7601646, member: 21270"]If Kap is so concerned, why doesn’t he ride with some police on a weekend 2nd-3rd shift? Not trolling here either. It could bridge the two sides.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for Kap, maybe he did what you suggested, but he wanted to protest the way black men are dealt with by the police, so he decided to take a knee before games, it's as peaceful a protest as you'll ever see. BTW, when Kenny Stills was playing for Miami, he did exactly what you posted, he rode with officers during their shifts to see what it's like from their perspective

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Hopefully everyone who saw George Floyd take a knee, will now understand why Colin Kaepernick took one

Making this about race is dishonest unless that cop had some sort of history of racial discrimination. He wasn't racially profiling George Floyd. It was a legitimate arrest that led to this. When you constantly publicize the black guy being a victim but never the white guy even though it happens just as much, you make these situations about race. You plant the seed of victimhood in the minds of a lot of black people. And instead of taking personal responsibility, the mind of someone who considers themselves a victim passes the blame onto someone else instead. It wasn't the fact that they never went to class or did their homework, it was because of systemic racism that they're poor. It wasn't that they tried to steal a bag of chips from the corner store, the store owner was watching because he's racist.

Filling someone's head with victimhood is more damaging than than any racist cop could ever be. And you better believe every one of those looters considers themselves a victim. If you really wanted this stuff to stop happening, you'd empower people instead of giving them the easy way out - to feel sorry for themselves. People in this country have the power to improve their lives and their situations but it doesn't come without working for it. At any age, they can decide to get educated, to hone a skill or craft, or start a business. They're the only ones that can do it unless you convince them that they can't before they even try.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Hopefully everyone who saw George Floyd take a knee, will now understand why Colin Kaepernick took one
correlating the two does not cut it. Two blatant wrongs do not make a right.
Kaepernick and others sticking their middle finger to the flag and justifying it is at best very poor logic that backfires from helping their cause.

kane

EOG master
correlating the two does not cut it. Two blatant wrongs do not make a right.
Kaepernick and others sticking their middle finger to the flag and justifying it is at best very poor logic that backfires from helping their cause.

Sorry, but there's no way to compare taking a knee on a football field to taking a knee to the carotid artery. You can't say both of those things are blatantly wrong like they're equal, you can't paint those two things with the same brush

Bigrunner

EOG Master
"The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears because your violence has brought this resistance. We've the right to fight back. Rest in power George Floyd".
- Colin Kaepernick

blueline

EOG Master
Sorry, but there's no way to compare taking a knee on a football field to taking a knee to the carotid artery. You can't say both of those things are blatantly wrong like they're equal, you can't paint those two things with the same brush
Painting peaceful protest with the same brush as murder...now ive heard it all

Bigrunner

EOG Master

The Right Wingers always paint two things with a broad brush. I think it's on page 1 of the RepubliCon playbook. A particular right winger that post on the forums does it constantly. This right winger is well liked, but it's all relative. But he's constantly trying to normalize the bad behavior of the RepubliCons by painting the same brush over the Dems. There's not a Dem this loyal right winger has ever had a kind word for. And when a RepubliCon turns on Trump like Justin Amash or Mitt Romney watch out. Who is the loyal Right Winger I'm talking about?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Right Wingers always paint two things with a broad brush. I think it's on page 1 of the RepubliCon playbook. A particular right winger that post on the forums does it constantly. This right winger is well liked, but it's all relative. But he's constantly trying to normalize the bad behavior of the RepubliCons by painting the same brush over the Dems. There's not a Dem this loyal right winger has ever had a kind word for. And when a RepubliCon turns on Trump like Justin Amash or Mitt Romney watch out. Who is the loyal Right Winger I'm talking about?
Broad brush like the left with identity politics? Is the brush that big?

Making this about race is dishonest unless that cop had some sort of history of racial discrimination. He wasn't racially profiling George Floyd. It was a legitimate arrest that led to this. When you constantly publicize the black guy being a victim but never the white guy even though it happens just as much, you make these situations about race. You plant the seed of victimhood in the minds of a lot of black people. And instead of taking personal responsibility, the mind of someone who considers themselves a victim passes the blame onto someone else instead. It wasn't the fact that they never went to class or did their homework, it was because of systemic racism that they're poor. It wasn't that they tried to steal a bag of chips from the corner store, the store owner was watching because he's racist.

Filling someone's head with victimhood is more damaging than than any racist cop could ever be. And you better believe every one of those looters considers themselves a victim. If you really wanted this stuff to stop happening, you'd empower people instead of giving them the easy way out - to feel sorry for themselves. People in this country have the power to improve their lives and their situations but it doesn't come without working for it. At any age, they can decide to get educated, to hone a skill or craft, or start a business. They're the only ones that can do it unless you convince them that they can't before they even try.
Best post of the thread.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
"The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears because your violence has brought this resistance. We've the right to fight back. Rest in power George Floyd".
- Colin Kaepernick
Do they have the right to loot and burn down your business? Many of these people were from outside the area IMO.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Fair enough
And
of course they are not equal
How about this :
The rogue cop who killed Floyd is a Thug and a criminal murderer
And deserves to be treated as a thug and a criminal
Murderer
kaepernick Consistently acts like a dumb jackass and deserves to be treated like a dumb jackass.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Fair enough
And
of course they are not equal
How about this :
The rogue cop who killed Floyd is a Thug and a criminal murderer
And deserves to be treated as a thug and a criminal
Murderer
kaepernick Consistently acts like a dumb jackass and deserves to be treated like a dumb jackass.

What about the 3 other cops that sat back and allowed the murder to go down? I know many of us if in the shoes of those 3 cops wouldn't have allowed it to happen. I'm confident this was a murder inspired by racism. I confident the record of the four white cops that were immediately fired won't paint a rosey picture but will paint a racist picture.

What about the 3 other cops that sat back and allowed the murder to go down? I know many of us if in the shoes of those 3 cops wouldn't have allowed it to happen. I'm confident this was a murder inspired by racism. I confident the record of the four white cops that were immediately fired won't paint a rosey picture but will paint a racist picture.

The race card is easy to play. If all the complaints against this cop are by Blacks, then I'll agree he's racist. If not, he's just a sociopath. The cop enjoyed inflicting pain. At least that's what it ;ooked like to me.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
true, he had 10 prior civil complaints of abuse, im curious race of the other 10

The problem is that on the 21st time, the first 20 complaints can not be used against him as evidence.

The discipline process has gone to crap over the years.

You change that and you will change the police culture as well.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
The race card is easy to play. If all the complaints against this cop are by Blacks, then I'll agree he's racist. If not, he's just a sociopath. The cop enjoyed inflicting pain. At least that's what it ;ooked like to me.

What about the other three cops. They are accomplices too murder.

What about the other three cops. They are accomplices too murder.
Have to look further. They may not have realized the seriousness. We have tape to look at and can see that cop had no pressure on his right leg. He was using full force from left leg on the Black guy's neck.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
the other three cops will get off easy, pretty sure about that.

They will have the 'i saw nothing' defense'

And it will be effective

Bigrunner

EOG Master
the other three cops will get off easy, pretty sure about that.

They will have the 'i saw nothing' defense'

And it will be effective

Time will tell. Witnesses that know this police department say it has had a reputation for being blatantly racist for years. Not the whole department but with that kind of reputation it has to be a large majority.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Have to look further. They may not have realized the seriousness. We have tape to look at and can see that cop had no pressure on his right leg. He was using full force from left leg on the Black guy's neck.

I'm pretty sure Trump once or twice famously told cops to rough up people they were arresting. Shame that isn't being reported. 95% sure these 4 ignorant white male cops were Trump supporters. Fwiw