Coronavirus - The economy thread

blueline

EOG Master
Its bad enough that he did it but then to talk about as an example of something positive...is he that out of touch with reality

mr merlin

EOG Master
And they just closed out further applicants for the small business loan program yesterday.

Disgusting
I dont think any more loans are called for? Time to play it out and let the chips fall where they may, if the country doesn't restart soon, we'll prob never be the country we were, too bad, so sad.

I see cuomo, after ripping trump for trying to tell states what to do..".oh yea, well I'll sue", is now saying his "it's up to you policy" is not right," we need help", fuck him, he says it's just not that easy to restart, we have to get this right. No, it is easy, and no you dont.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I dont think any more loans are called for? Time to play it out and let the chips fall where they may, if the country doesn't restart soon, we'll prob never be the country we were, too bad, so sad.

I see cuomo, after ripping trump for trying to tell states what to do..".oh yea, well I'll sue", is now saying his "it's up to you policy" is not right," we need help", fuck him, he says it's just not that easy to restart, we have to get this right. No, it is easy, and no you dont.
None of my friends could get their small business loans, nice to see a connected $2 million art dealer could.

mr merlin

EOG Master
He has a service business with two employees. He's sick of losing business to people who are not obeying the Michian laws. He can't get a small business loan, nor unemployment.
See, that's the problem, the Governor of MI doesn't create laws with a stroke of her pen, people need to realize that.

Valuist

EOG Master
If you think the money has all been made in the markets from the virus, I think that is dead wrong. This is going to be here for awhile. If you still have stocks, you're fine if you have Amazon, Netflix, Abbott, Gilead, CVS, Walmart and some others. But if you own something that figures to be hurt, like anything consumer discretionary, you better rethink things. Yes, I know some trash like Wynn and cruise line stocks have been on fire the past 2-3 weeks. Oil stocks bounced off the bottom. Sell them while they are off their bottoms. This is not a V recovery. Right now, on a earnings basis, the S & P is expensive. And those earnings will only erode further.

Valuist

EOG Master
This was from a Mr. Top post from another thread but good information in here. I've been following the medical stuff since Jan but many haven't. Thanks for the links, Topper.

These Are the Drugs and Vaccines That Might End the Coronavirus Pandemic

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-coronavirus-drug-vaccine-status/?srnd=premium

I am hoping cris would put out some odds on these ;)

Let's try to keep politics OUT of this thread as much as possible. Let's make some money.

If you think the money has all been made in the markets from the virus, I think that is dead wrong. This is going to be here for awhile. If you still have stocks, you're fine if you have Amazon, Netflix, Abbott, Gilead, CVS, Walmart and some others. But if you own something that figures to be hurt, like anything consumer discretionary, you better rethink things. Yes, I know some trash like Wynn and cruise line stocks have been on fire the past 2-3 weeks. Oil stocks bounced off the bottom. Sell them while they are off their bottoms. This is not a V recovery. Right now, on a earnings basis, the S & P is expensive. And those earnings will only erode further.

I was lucky enough to get in on Amazon a few years back and think the forward potential is still huge. I'm hoping for a 10/1 splitter in the next year

I like Tesla and think the potential is enormous as well. Musk is seen as a bit crazy but I view him more as a mad genius.

The current stock I'm really high on is DEAC. They will be officially merging with DraftKings in a few weeks and I love DraftKings potential to lock up a huge corner of the sports gambling market. The endless commercials a few years ago DK and FD were running were all about getting customers into their databases in anticipation of the SCOTUS ruling. With states desperate for revenue there's about to be a rush in legalizing sports gambling

Valuist

EOG Master
I was lucky enough to get in on Amazon a few years back and think the forward potential is still huge. I'm hoping for a 10/1 splitter in the next year

I like Tesla and think the potential is enormous as well. Musk is seen as a bit crazy but I view him more as a mad genius.

The current stock I'm really high on is DEAC. They will be officially merging with DraftKings in a few weeks and I love DraftKings potential to lock up a huge corner of the sports gambling market. The endless commercials a few years ago DK and FD were running were all about getting customers into their databases in anticipation of the SCOTUS ruling. With states desperate for revenue there's about to be a rush in legalizing sports gambling

If you own Tesla now, I would sell. This is a car company trading like a technology company.

MrTop

EOG Master
Live Sports Are Canceled. But Don’t Expect a Cable-TV Refund.
Pay-TV subscribers still pay nearly $20 a month for sports programming that mostly consists of reruns and documentaries

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Hope so, but still needs to get approved by Governor and NGCB

I hope so too!
But Gov. Sisolak is a paranoid dick, so I’m just a little skeptical.
Let me put it this way:
I’m getting married to Kate Upton!
Just waiting to get approval from Kate & Justin.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I hope so too!
But Gov. Sisolak is a paranoid dick, so I’m just a little skeptical.
Let me put it this way:
I’m getting married to Kate Upton!
Just waiting to get approval from Kate & Justin.
They beat the shit out of Harry Reid, I think they can handle this pipsqueak Governor.

What a disgrace

Ruth’s Chris steak house was among the corporations that scored millions of dollars that were supposed to be allocated to small businesses. But according to the Wall Street Journal, those hefty loans aren’t being sent to the overwhelming majority of employees of the famous steakhouse.

Out of the 83 Ruth’s Chris steak houses in the United States, 73 are franchises, leaving just 25 to spend the $20 million as well as their corporate offices, CEOs and the top echelon of the C-suite.

MrTop

EOG Master
What a disgrace

Ruth’s Chris steak house was among the corporations that scored millions of dollars that were supposed to be allocated to small businesses. But according to the Wall Street Journal, those hefty loans aren’t being sent to the overwhelming majority of employees of the famous steakhouse.

Out of the 83 Ruth’s Chris steak houses in the United States, 73 are franchises, leaving just 25 to spend the $20 million as well as their corporate offices, CEOs and the top echelon of the C-suite.

loans for businesses not the employees ....that way they can hire workers

mr merlin

EOG Master
What a disgrace

You're right, it is a disgrace, everyone needs to go back to work.

MrTop

EOG Master
I drove up to fill up the gas guy gave me free gas to take it away... gave me coffee too, I said you forgot the donuts