Death pool 2021

blueline

EOG Master
a quote from her earlier this week :

“I’m so lucky to be in such good health and feel so good at this age.”

had to be the vaccine...feeling ok then lights out

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
she was going to be 100 on january 17th, was a lock to make it to 100, but then choked like viejo in the eog challange

I will bet you a grand that you can’t go 15-6….you already proved that you can go 1-8….by the way, I have you just above Nolan Ryan in the 2022 pool…

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
sam jones
dan reeves
Sam Jones a 10X NBA champ.
Of course that was MUCH easier to do when there were only @ 8-10 teams in the ENTIRE league. It’s essentially impossible to do that now, with 30+ teams.

This is a (one of many) pet peeve of mine: too many teams in major sports leagues (no, Beaver Ball doesn’t count).
The European relegation idea I think is a pretty good idea, but it might not be practical in the United States with minor leagues etc.
If you root for an average team, you’ll only win once in 32 years or so on average (probably less, as there’s a lot of variance due to 💰💰spending dynasties).

Dan Reeves was involved in nine Super Bowls as a player and coach, although he lost most of them.

Bill Russell holds the NBA record for 11 championships.
I don’t think anybody beats that in any of the major US sports. Yogi Berra comes close, and he has to have the record of involvement in championship finals. Yogi has been a player coach or manager in about 17 or 18 World Series.
Yogi fun fact: he ended his playing career with......the Mets😱😱

Also, I always assumed that his nickname was because of Yogi Bear. I’m not positive, but I think Yogi Bear was named after Yogi Berra. The Yogi nickname was because he looked like a Yogi on the
on deck circle or something like that

boston massacre

EOG Master
Sam Jones a 10X NBA champ.
Of course that was MUCH easier to do when there were only @ 8-10 teams in the ENTIRE league. It’s essentially impossible to do that now, with 30+ teams.

This is a (one of many) pet peeve of mine: too many teams in major sports leagues (no, Beaver Ball doesn’t count).
The European relegation idea I think is a pretty good idea, but it might not be practical in the United States with minor leagues etc.
If you root for an average team, you’ll only win once in 32 years or so on average (probably less, as there’s a lot of variance due to 💰💰spending dynasties).

Dan Reeves was involved in nine Super Bowls as a player and coach, although he lost most of them.

Bill Russell holds the NBA record for 11 championships.
I don’t think anybody beats that in any of the major US sports. Yogi Berra comes close, and he has to have the record of involvement in championship finals. Yogi has been a player coach or manager in about 17 or 18 World Series.
Yogi fun fact: he ended his playing career with......the Mets😱😱

Also, I always assumed that his nickname was because of Yogi Bear. I’m not positive, but I think Yogi Bear was named after Yogi Berra. The Yogi nickname was because he looked like a Yogi on the
on deck circle or something like that

Of course that was MUCH easier to do when there were only @ 8-10 teams in the ENTIRE league.

Not So.

When Sam Jones Won Championships, He Went Up Against The 100 + Best Players in The World Every Game.

Today's Stars Go Up Against The 400 + Best Players in The World.

A Wider Disparity in Talent Level Today.

No Free Agency Back Then.

All Stars Couldn't Team Up Back Then, To Manufacture Championships.

Owners and Management Had To Use Their INSIGHT, To Build Champions.