Detroit Lions 2023 Season Thread

choslamshe

EOG Master
Lions looking good. Incredible that they allow (either by choice or through scripting?) themselves to not figure out more creative way to get Gibbs the ball. St. Brown is awesome, but Gibbs is the best player on field. 7 total touches almost end of 3rd q

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Hey, Gavin Newsom. We gonna get you two faggot!

Lions beat Rams 24-23 (1980 debutantè)
Lions beat Bucs (1981 finale)
Lions beat 49ers (1983 playoffs)
Lions beat Bills (1976 Thanksgiving)

Dell Dude

EOG Master
2 more.

Lions beat Rams 24-23 (1980 debutantè)
Lions beat Bucs 31-23 (1981 finale)
Lions beat 49ers (1983 playoffs)
Lions beat Bills (1976 Thanksgiving)

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I missed the end. TV showed Bucs still had a timeout on 3rd down. That can't be right? Had to have used final timeout. If accurate, could have forced a fg.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Play by play doesn't help. 27 seconds between 1st and 2nd down is neither a timeout or using entire play clock.

-1 YD 3rd & 12 TB 30 (0:37 - 4th) J.Goff kneels to TB 31 for -1 yards.
-1 YD 2nd & 11 TB 29 (1:06 - 4th) J.Goff kneels to TB 30 for -1 yards.
-1 YD 1st & 10 TB 28 (1:33 - 4th) J.Goff kneels to TB 29 for -1 yards.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I missed the end. TV showed Bucs still had a timeout on 3rd down. That can't be right? Had to have used final timeout. If accurate, could have forced a fg.

I wasn't mistaken. Make them kick the fg and go all balls out for block. Worked for Sparty.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I still have questions. If no timeout, why only 27 seconds between plays? Game should have been over even if they used timeout.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
What a game yesterday.....Ford Field was as loud as I've ever heard it. Thankfully I had ear plugs. Hard to believe the Lions are one win away from finally making it to the Super Bowl. I agree with you Arturo, Debo is the determining factor. Will be interesting to see what happens with him. SF is beatable, but I don't think Baltimore is.

A couple of videos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T1aWQtQwaqg9LUA36 The Baker Mayfield interception by Gardner-Johnson, which was interesting due to the trash talking between those two on social media prior to the game. CJ gave Mayfield the ball after the INT and said some more smack, lol.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jB8v7sfkS2FeEuoo6 The Lions fight song!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fKHjebwHkosASmfR8 Detroit's victory formation at the end. TB had one time out left....didn't use it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/63ofRDhAYTc8yeMz6 After the game, with the streamers coming down, at the end of the clip, Hutchinson is shown just taking it all in. He was born and raised in the Detroit area, went to Michigan, and now the Lions. As a kid, he went to Lions games during the 0-16 season. Had a heck of game.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Could you imagine if they played Balt in the SB and Harbaugh’s brother won?

SF will have to play much better this week to beat Detroit.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I agree with Bowling. Ravens are the clear chalk. I just hope they play like it against the Swifties. I'd rather play them in the Super Show even though Isaiah likely loss.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Early SB Matchup MLs at Circa:

Lions +190 vs Ravens -220
Lions +140 vs Chiefs -160
49ers -122 vs Ravens +102
49ers -150 vs Chiefs +130

boston massacre

EOG Master
Could you imagine if they played Balt in the SB and Harbaugh’s brother won?

SF will have to play much better this week to beat Detroit.

Last 8 Games, Lions are 6-0 When Goff Doesn't Throw a Interception.

0-2 When He Does.

Outdoor Games This Season, Goff is 3-2 with with 5 Touchdowns against 4 Interceptions .

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It is not Lo$t on me that not only did Lions lose to the Ravens, it was the only Humaliating loss of the season. That's bad that it happened but good that it happened. Bad because Ravens outclassed them. Good because Coach C can use it to make adjustments. Had they not played them, no adjustments. That's the irony of head to head. Team that loses benefits more on rematch. What adjustments is Harbaugh going to make? They'll do the same thing that worked.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
It is not Lo$t on me that not only did Lions lose to the Ravens, it was the only Humaliating loss of the season. That's bad that it happened but good that it happened. Bad because Ravens outclassed them. Good because Coach C can use it to make adjustments. Had they not played them, no adjustments. That's the irony of head to head. Team that loses benefits more on rematch. What adjustments is Harbaugh going to make? They'll do the same thing that worked.
The Lions were a complete no show that game, like when we played Carolina the season before. Baltimore won the coin toss that game, took the ball and marched down the field. Lions 3 and out and before you knew it, 14-0. By far the worst game of the season. I wouldn't expect that happens again. That said, the Lions would still have their hands full with Lamar and Mark Andrews is coming back too.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The only way the Switfies win is with the scripties. Lions vs San Fag will be a war.
Hard not to take the better qb getting a FG+. That’s common sense, not a script. Det-SF is the most anticipated game in these parts since the Bears last SB.