Eagles, will win the Super Bowl this year, and be atleast 12-4

roach23

Banned
Re: Eagles, will win the Super Bowl this year, and be atleast 12-4

I like UNC wr they got. He gonna be good imo. Prolly won't help em much 1st year tho. They got all pro hixon at wr too

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports before the New York Giants selected WR Hakeem Nicks with the No. 29 overall pick in the NFL Draft, they had worked out the parameters of a trade with the Detroit Lions to move up to the No. 20 overall pick, according to someone briefed on the negotiations between the two teams. The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants don't discuss war-room talks publicly, didn't divulge what was being offered to the Lions but said the trade was contingent on Missouri WR Jeremy Maclin being available for the Giants to select at that spot. However, the plan was nixed when the Philadelphia Eagles jumped up to the No. 19 overall pick to select Maclin.

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports before the New York Giants selected WR Hakeem Nicks with the No. 29 overall pick in the NFL Draft, they had worked out the parameters of a trade with the Detroit Lions to move up to the No. 20 overall pick, according to someone briefed on the negotiations between the two teams. The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants don't discuss war-room talks publicly, didn't divulge what was being offered to the Lions but said the trade was contingent on Missouri WR Jeremy Maclin being available for the Giants to select at that spot. However, the plan was nixed when the Philadelphia Eagles jumped up to the No. 19 overall pick to select Maclin.

Hopefully mac is as good as u say. Then philly really would have stolen one on the giants there hahhaa
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

wow,

This offense is going to be so explosive, one of the best in the league...

McCoy and Maclin are going to make impacts right of the bat...

McCoy was the steal of the draft...

Westbrook will be able to get more rest and be stronger late in the season...

As for the McNabb/Reid haters, just look at the winning percentage over the last 10 years compared to any other player/coach.

Mo,

The eagles had the best draft day out of all the teams...

Its so clear and experts agree...

Cowboys are a lost cause, giants gotten worse....

Eagles 12-4
Skins 10-6
Boys 10-6
Giants 8-8

roach23

Banned

Hopefully mac is as good as u say. Then philly really would have stolen one on the giants there hahhaa
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

We'll see. 50% of draft picks are busts. But it is promising knowing he was the #1 WR on the draft board of over half the teams in the league.

But regardless of the draft there probably isn't a team in the league, let alone the NFC East, that got better than the Eagles this offseason.

I'm not sure about the 12-4 talk, the NFC East is always tough and the Eagles non-conference games are pretty tough this year. But Tripp's "the eagles probably won't make the playoffs" speak is idiot talk.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

wow,

As for the McNabb/Reid haters, just look at the winning percentage over the last 10 years compared to any other player/coach.[/quote]

not arguing but ultimately success in the nfl is determined by super bowl victories....

ballwonder

EOG Master

As an avid Eagles hater, yes hater, I can tell you they will win the division only because of my fan fair for the Redskins. The big question is after they win the division and fail to move on and win another Superbowl what is next for McNabb. Do they give it the old college try and sign him for another deal longer than one year? I am sure he would want more than one year and we all know how the Eagles front end handles thins like this....

mofome

Banned

Mo..

According to every expert known to pro football, the Eagles had a great draft and made some nice moves...

Tripp...

You are 110% right about losing Dawkins...

Railfraud...
You are just an ignorant racist and your opinons stink..

yeah they had a fine offseason, but so did everyone else in the division.

so what?

mofome

Banned

Playoffs are what each team strives for and the Deadskins have come up short time after time...

You have to be kidding me, philly has never won anything. talk to me when you get a win that matters.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

:thumbsup

mofome

Banned

wow,

As for the McNabb/Reid haters, just look at the winning percentage over the last 10 years compared to any other player/coach.

there is no chance they go better than 12-4 or go 12-4. You are putting way too much too much into rookies. maclin played against no defense at all. now you're putting him in the nfc east and thinking hes going to be some stud. You're in for a surprise.

mofome

Banned

Mo,

The eagles had the best draft day out of all the teams...

Its so clear and experts agree...

Cowboys are a lost cause, giants gotten worse....

Eagles 12-4
Skins 10-6
Boys 10-6
Giants 8-8

The giants had the best draft.

Zero chance the eagles go 12-4 or that they finish 4 games ahead of the giants.

mofome

Banned

I cant believe i just read an eagles fan talking about winning something. The eagles are one of the most embarrassing franchises in sports. The 6ers are close.

mofome

Banned

Whoa...the Pats are still fine. Ellis who? Did that guy even play last year?

yeah really, what is this youngster talking about? Ellis hobbs.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

yeah really, what is this youngster talking about? Ellis hobbs.

Oh I heart LVKid1 and I wish Ellis Hobbs nothing but the best. He did a lot of good here in New England.....like 5 years ago. :+textinb3

wow,

Whoa....pump your breaks, sir. I know it hasn't been a full ten years, but you know they can't touch Brady/Belichick.

Thread turned out to be a good one,

Thanks for all the input...

12-4 in the NFC East will be very tough, but gotta be excited about the birds this year..

Going to be real fun to watch.

They will win the division,

mofome

Banned

Nobody knows if anyone had the "best" draft yet.

Just like you dont know if freeman will be any good. people have opinions, thats what all these are. no one knows if the eagles will win one game, but lk thinks they win 12. its an opinion. pretty simple.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

the NFC East is the best division in football and everyone of these teams have a legit shot.never count anyone out in that division year in and year out.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

pretty much this whole decade that division has either had a team in the super bowl or close to it.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

You have to be kidding me, philly has never won anything. talk to me when you get a win that matters.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

:thumbsup

ha ha, coming from a guy who's job description is "head" moderator :+textinb3

mofome
"Head" Moderator

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Philly finishing ahead of the Deadskins is a given...

Deadskins will not make the playoffs...another given

Who will the Deadskins turn to when Campbell gets benched...

ballwonder

EOG Master

Philly finishing ahead of the Deadskins is a given...

Deadskins will not make the playoffs...another given

Who will the Deadskins turn to when Campbell gets benched...

Theisman out of retirement.....:cheers

Just like you dont know if freeman will be any good. people have opinions, thats what all these are. no one knows if the eagles will win one game, but lk thinks they win 12. its an opinion. pretty simple.

I didnt say he would be good or bad. Only an idiot would say so considering the raw talent the kid has he could very easily go either way.

mofome

Banned

I didnt say he would be good or bad. Only an idiot would say so considering the raw talent the kid has he could very easily go either way.

raw talent? Got to be able to make decisions, if you cant do it in college, changes are not great that you'll be able to do it in the nfl. Tons of kids with 'raw talent'. Absolutely ridiculous comment. raw talent, wow. Everyone knows he has a cannon, scout nowshe.

91023i2ndw;l

raw talent? Got to be able to make decisions, if you cant do it in college, changes are not great that you'll be able to do it in the nfl. Tons of kids with 'raw talent'. Absolutely ridiculous comment. raw talent, wow. Everyone knows he has a cannon, scout nowshe.

91023i2ndw;l

:LMAO:LMAO Youre a lost cause. If you cant figure out what the easiest thing to coach is between arm strength, accuracy, ability to scramble (speed) and decision making I cant help you.

mofome

Banned

Youre a lost cause. If you cant figure out what the easiest thing to coach is between arm strength, accuracy, ability to scramble (speed) and decision making I cant help you.

Yes. I have the opinion of a head scout with the colts and the qb coach of the vikings. You have you. I have better sources than you. You cant help yourself, much less can you help me. You don't have a clue.

Silly guy, raw talent.

:+excited-

Boognish

EOG Enthusiast

MC NABB IS BLACK STILL NO???

there has never been a good black quarterback most likely never be either they have brains the size of peas...bucketheads
:cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Yes. I have the opinion of a head scout with the colts and the qb coach of the vikings. You have you. I have better sources than you. You cant help yourself, much less can you help me. You don't have a clue.

Silly guy, raw talent.

:+excited-

That QB coach of the Vikings has nothing to work with or he is a bad coach....which is it?:+clueless

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

way too early right now to really predict anything but i think the cowboys will be better without romo having to worry about owens.the division race will be tight and come down to the last week of play more than likely with all teams in the division having a shot.the skins picking up albert this year they'll be damn good on D but the offense will have to play well.not sure how maclin will do for the eagles but they'll be alright.the giants seem to have lost a player or two so hard to tell there.division race should be wide open.

mofome

Banned

That QB coach of the Vikings has nothing to work with or he is a bad coach....which is it?

he is well respected amongst coaches everywhere, so Id say he doesnt have a lot to work with at this time. Thats my uncle and godfather.

Tons of college success. Hopefully the vikes can take the next step this year

roach23

Banned

Peter King on the Eagles draft:

I didn't want to let the draft go away completely without telling you what I feel is the most underrated and unknown story of draft weekend. I didn't notice it until I started piecing together all the trades from Day 2 of the draft, starting with the Giants' deal with Philadelphia that allowed New York to pick wide receiver Ramses Barden with a choice in the middle of the third round. But the upshot of that trade, and four others within five hours, left the Eagles as the power players in the 2010 draft.

What would you think if I told you the Philadelphia Eagles got third-, fifth-, sixth- and seventh-round draft choices, plus half a starting cornerback for nothing in this year's draft?

That's right. For free. There is no smoke, mirrors or cheating involved. Only thought and effort.

For moving down six spots in the third round -- eventually taking a player they were considering for that 85th pick anyway -- the Eagles got filthy rich. I am shocked more teams don't run their draft the way the Eagles do. It's almost irresponsible that teams don't do it the Philadelphia way.
<table class="cnnInlineLeft" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> <style> <!-- .title { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 22px; line-height:26px; color: #000; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center; background-color: #fff; text-decoration:none; border-right: solid 0px #bbb; border-top: solid 0px #000; border-left: solid 0px #fff; border-bottom: solid 1px #ddd;} .photos { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; color: #fff; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 10px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center; background-color: #666; text-decoration:none; border-bottom: solid 1px #ddd; border-top: solid 0px #000; border-left: solid 0px #fff; border-right: solid 0px #bbb; padding-top: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px;} .spacer2 { padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; font-size: 5px;} .link { font-family:verdana; font-weight:none; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; color: #000; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:left; background-color: #fff; text-decoration:none; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-top: solid 0px #000; border-left: solid 0px #fff; border-right: solid 0px #bbb; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px;} .link A:link, .link A:visited {color: #000;text-decoration:none;} .link A:hover {color:#CC0000;text-decoration:none;} .link2 { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; color: #000; padding-left: 5px;padding-right: 5px; vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; background-color: #fff; text-decoration:none; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-top: solid 0px #000; border-left: solid 0px #fff; border-right: solid 1px #ddd; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;} .link2 A:link, .link2 A:visited {color: #000;text-decoration:none;} .link2 A:hover {color:#CC0000;text-decoration:none;} .link3 { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; color: #000; padding-left: 5px;padding-right: 5px; vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; background-color: #fff; text-decoration:none; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-top: solid 0px #000; border-left: solid 0px #fff; border-right: solid 0px #bbb; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;} .link3 A:link, .link3 A:visited {color: #000;text-decoration:none;} .link3 A:hover {color:#CC0000;text-decoration:none;} --> </style> <!-- frame table start --> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102);" width="298" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td class="spacer2"> </td></tr> <tr><td> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221);" width="286" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <!-- /content table start --> <!-- end new date --> <!-- Twitter --> <tbody><tr><td class="photos" colspan="2">SI On Twitter</td></tr> <tr> <td class="link2"></td></tr> <tr> <td class="link"> Follow Peter King @SI_PeterKing</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="link"> Follow Sports Illustrated @SI_24Seven</td> </tr> <!-- content table start --> </tbody></table></td></tr> <tr><td class="spacer2"> </td></tr> <!-- /content table start --> <!-- end frame table --> </tbody></table> <!-- /end frame table -->
</td></tr></tbody></table>"Actually, I'm happy more teams don't,'' said Tom Heckert, the Eagles general manager. "If more teams did, we wouldn't be able to do what we do.''

This may come out the wrong way, so bear with me. But if I were a football fan looking for a team to root for, I'd pick the Eagles, and what they did on draft weekend is a big reason. The Eagles think. They don't do things the way they've always been done because that's the way they've always been done. For all the frustrations they've given their fans because they haven't won a championship in the 10-year Andy Reid Era, they've done what, as a fan, I'd like my team to do: They give their fans a chance every July at camp time to think they're going to make the playoffs and have a chance to contend for the Super Bowl. Isn't that what you want, as a fan? A chance, every year? What team every year in this decade has given you that chance? Philadelphia. New England. Indianapolis. Pittsburgh. The Giants, maybe.

But what the Eagles did on the second day of the draft -- still unnoticed eight days later; no one's said a word about it -- is one of the greatest feats of trading down and getting value for the future that I've ever seen. And I mean ever. They took the 85th pick and eventually turned it into four draft choices between the third and seventh rounds, plus half of the compensation paid to New England to acquire Ellis Hobbs, a Super Bowl XLII starting corner.

What Heckert and Reid did, in brief:
? Traded the 85th overall pick (third round) to the Giants for the 91st (third-round) and the 164th (fifth-round) picks.
? Traded the 91st pick to Seattle for the 137th (fifth-round), 213th (seventh-round) and the Seahawks' third-round pick in 2010.
? Traded the fifth-round pick acquired from Seattle plus the 141st pick (fifth-round, acquired from Cleveland) to New England for cornerback Hobbs.
? Traded the fifth-round pick acquired from the Giants to New Orleans for the 222nd pick (seventh-round), plus the Saints' fifth-round pick in 2010.
? Traded the seventh-round pick acquired from New Orleans to Indianapolis for the Colts' sixth-round pick in 2010.
? Used the seventh-round pick acquired from Seattle to pick running back Javarris Williams.

Let's go back to my original premise in this column: I said the Eagles got all that for free. I meant it. When the time to make the third-round pick (No. 85 overall) was approaching, the Eagles looked up on their draft board. They had about 30 players graded very closely. Heckert told me if they'd been forced to pick the 25th player on the list, they'd have been fine, because these 30 players all had second- or third-round grades, so by the Eagles' system, even the 25th player on the list would be a solid third-rounder and worthy of a pick around then.

One of the players on the list of 30-some-odd prospects for the 85th pick when the board was put together was Cornelius Ingram, a 6-foot-5, 245-pound tight end from Florida who missed his senior year after suffering a knee injury in practice for the Gators last August. Now fully rehabbed, Ingram was "right at the top'' of the list of 30, Heckert told me.
Let me take you from the middle of the third round to the middle of the fifth, pick by Eagle pick, to see how they decided to keep moving down -- and the insurance they had to stop the moving-down madness if too many of their preferred players started going off the board.

At 85, and then again at 91, Philadelphia had so many players it wanted on the board that Heckert quick-dialed "almost every team in the league'' in the 80s, getting the Giants to move up six spots, then finding Seattle desperate for the 91st pick, which the 'Hawks would use on Penn State wide receiver Deon Butler. Heckert drove a hard bargain for this one, trading down 46 spots but picking up an extra seven this year and a three next year.

"Before the draft,'' he said, "we met as an organization, and we knew the 12 draft picks we had all would not make our team. So we agreed -- [owner] Jeff Lurie, [president] Joe Banner, Andy and me -- that we'd try to push for a few picks in next year's draft. First, we called everybody in the round without a pick, then just called everybody period. And finally we got [Seattle GM] Tim Ruskell to agree to a deal because he wanted Deon Butler.''

At 137, the Eagles still had about 10 of their gaggle of 30 picks left. And a veteran player appealed to them. They saw the Patriots take, and keep, two corners from the 2008 draft, and now, in the second round of this draft, they saw Bill Belichick take UConn cornerback Darius Butler. "We knew the Patriots signed Shawn Springs too, so we said, 'Let's try to get Ellis Hobbs from them.' We talked, Andy and Bill, and Bill didn't want to do it. But a while later we called again, and maybe they thought there was a chance they were going to lose him anyway. I don't know. But a starting cornerback for two fives -- we just couldn't turn that down.''

But now they really wanted Ingram. And the picks ticked by. The Packers at 145, Ravens at 149 and Texans at 152 were candidates to pick a tight end. Would they steal Ingram -- and would the Eagles have gambled too much and traded down one too many times to keep Ingram in their sights? Green Bay took a fullback. Baltimore picked a tight end, Davon Drew of East Carolina. Houston picked a tight end, James Casey of Rice.
The Eagles draft room exhaled. They picked Ingram.

Eleven picks later, without a guy on the board who surely would make their team, Philly flipped the pick to New Orleans for a seven and a 2010 fifth-rounder. And midway through the seventh, they dealt their choice to Indy for a 2010 sixth.

"We talk about it all the time -- if you deal a seventh for next year's sixth, then stay aggressive, eventually that seventh could become a first,'' Heckert said. "Even if it doesn't, and that's obviously a best-case scenario, it opens up so many possibilities to keep moving.''

I can't imagine a team that helped itself more on offense in April than Philadelphia. It got a left tackle of the future, Jason Peters, for first- and fifth-round picks in this draft, took speedy wideout Jeremy Maclin and pass-catching back LeSean McCoy and a good tight end risk in Ingram coming off injury. Next year, who knows what part of the team the churning of draft choices will help?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Peter King on the Eagles draft:

I didn't want to let the draft go away completely without telling you what I feel is the most underrated and unknown story of draft weekend. I didn't notice it until I started piecing together all the trades from Day 2 of the draft, starting with the Giants' deal with Philadelphia that allowed New York to pick wide receiver Ramses Barden with a choice in the middle of the third round. But the upshot of that trade, and four others within five hours, left the Eagles as the power players in the 2010 draft.

What would you think if I told you the Philadelphia Eagles got third-, fifth-, sixth- and seventh-round draft choices, plus half a starting cornerback for nothing in this year's draft?

That's right. For free. There is no smoke, mirrors or cheating involved. Only thought and effort.

For moving down six spots in the third round -- eventually taking a player they were considering for that 85th pick anyway -- the Eagles got filthy rich. I am shocked more teams don't run their draft the way the Eagles do. It's almost irresponsible that teams don't do it the Philadelphia way.
<table class="cnnInlineLeft" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> <!-- frame table start --> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="298"> <tbody><tr><td class="spacer2">
</td></tr> <tr><td> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221);" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="286"> <!-- /content table start --> <!-- end new date --> <!-- Twitter --> <tbody><tr><td class="photos" colspan="2">SI On Twitter</td></tr> <tr> <td class="link2"></td></tr> <tr> <td class="link"> Follow Peter King @SI_PeterKing</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="link"> Follow Sports Illustrated @SI_24Seven</td> </tr> <!-- content table start --> </tbody></table></td></tr> <tr><td class="spacer2">
</td></tr> <!-- /content table start --> <!-- end frame table --> </tbody></table> <!-- /end frame table -->
</td></tr></tbody></table>"Actually, I'm happy more teams don't,'' said Tom Heckert, the Eagles general manager. "If more teams did, we wouldn't be able to do what we do.''

This may come out the wrong way, so bear with me. But if I were a football fan looking for a team to root for, I'd pick the Eagles, and what they did on draft weekend is a big reason. The Eagles think. They don't do things the way they've always been done because that's the way they've always been done. For all the frustrations they've given their fans because they haven't won a championship in the 10-year Andy Reid Era, they've done what, as a fan, I'd like my team to do: They give their fans a chance every July at camp time to think they're going to make the playoffs and have a chance to contend for the Super Bowl. Isn't that what you want, as a fan? A chance, every year? What team every year in this decade has given you that chance? Philadelphia. New England. Indianapolis. Pittsburgh. The Giants, maybe.

But what the Eagles did on the second day of the draft -- still unnoticed eight days later; no one's said a word about it -- is one of the greatest feats of trading down and getting value for the future that I've ever seen. And I mean ever. They took the 85th pick and eventually turned it into four draft choices between the third and seventh rounds, plus half of the compensation paid to New England to acquire Ellis Hobbs, a Super Bowl XLII starting corner.

What Heckert and Reid did, in brief:
? Traded the 85th overall pick (third round) to the Giants for the 91st (third-round) and the 164th (fifth-round) picks.
? Traded the 91st pick to Seattle for the 137th (fifth-round), 213th (seventh-round) and the Seahawks' third-round pick in 2010.
? Traded the fifth-round pick acquired from Seattle plus the 141st pick (fifth-round, acquired from Cleveland) to New England for cornerback Hobbs.
? Traded the fifth-round pick acquired from the Giants to New Orleans for the 222nd pick (seventh-round), plus the Saints' fifth-round pick in 2010.
? Traded the seventh-round pick acquired from New Orleans to Indianapolis for the Colts' sixth-round pick in 2010.
? Used the seventh-round pick acquired from Seattle to pick running back Javarris Williams.

Let's go back to my original premise in this column: I said the Eagles got all that for free. I meant it. When the time to make the third-round pick (No. 85 overall) was approaching, the Eagles looked up on their draft board. They had about 30 players graded very closely. Heckert told me if they'd been forced to pick the 25th player on the list, they'd have been fine, because these 30 players all had second- or third-round grades, so by the Eagles' system, even the 25th player on the list would be a solid third-rounder and worthy of a pick around then.

One of the players on the list of 30-some-odd prospects for the 85th pick when the board was put together was Cornelius Ingram, a 6-foot-5, 245-pound tight end from Florida who missed his senior year after suffering a knee injury in practice for the Gators last August. Now fully rehabbed, Ingram was "right at the top'' of the list of 30, Heckert told me.
Let me take you from the middle of the third round to the middle of the fifth, pick by Eagle pick, to see how they decided to keep moving down -- and the insurance they had to stop the moving-down madness if too many of their preferred players started going off the board.

At 85, and then again at 91, Philadelphia had so many players it wanted on the board that Heckert quick-dialed "almost every team in the league'' in the 80s, getting the Giants to move up six spots, then finding Seattle desperate for the 91st pick, which the 'Hawks would use on Penn State wide receiver Deon Butler. Heckert drove a hard bargain for this one, trading down 46 spots but picking up an extra seven this year and a three next year.

"Before the draft,'' he said, "we met as an organization, and we knew the 12 draft picks we had all would not make our team. So we agreed -- [owner] Jeff Lurie, [president] Joe Banner, Andy and me -- that we'd try to push for a few picks in next year's draft. First, we called everybody in the round without a pick, then just called everybody period. And finally we got [Seattle GM] Tim Ruskell to agree to a deal because he wanted Deon Butler.''

At 137, the Eagles still had about 10 of their gaggle of 30 picks left. And a veteran player appealed to them. They saw the Patriots take, and keep, two corners from the 2008 draft, and now, in the second round of this draft, they saw Bill Belichick take UConn cornerback Darius Butler. "We knew the Patriots signed Shawn Springs too, so we said, 'Let's try to get Ellis Hobbs from them.' We talked, Andy and Bill, and Bill didn't want to do it. But a while later we called again, and maybe they thought there was a chance they were going to lose him anyway. I don't know. But a starting cornerback for two fives -- we just couldn't turn that down.''

But now they really wanted Ingram. And the picks ticked by. The Packers at 145, Ravens at 149 and Texans at 152 were candidates to pick a tight end. Would they steal Ingram -- and would the Eagles have gambled too much and traded down one too many times to keep Ingram in their sights? Green Bay took a fullback. Baltimore picked a tight end, Davon Drew of East Carolina. Houston picked a tight end, James Casey of Rice.
The Eagles draft room exhaled. They picked Ingram.

Eleven picks later, without a guy on the board who surely would make their team, Philly flipped the pick to New Orleans for a seven and a 2010 fifth-rounder. And midway through the seventh, they dealt their choice to Indy for a 2010 sixth.

"We talk about it all the time -- if you deal a seventh for next year's sixth, then stay aggressive, eventually that seventh could become a first,'' Heckert said. "Even if it doesn't, and that's obviously a best-case scenario, it opens up so many possibilities to keep moving.''

I can't imagine a team that helped itself more on offense in April than Philadelphia. It got a left tackle of the future, Jason Peters, for first- and fifth-round picks in this draft, took speedy wideout Jeremy Maclin and pass-catching back LeSean McCoy and a good tight end risk in Ingram coming off injury. Next year, who knows what part of the team the churning of draft choices will help?

This shitbag team has had 9 straight bad drafts under Reid. He finally has a good one and now the Eagles are somehow the scouting leaders of the world. Good grief.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

McNab a top five quarterback :LMAO:LMAO. Wasn't McNab the same guy who got benched last year and if Kolb throws an TD pass instead of an interception, Mcnab never plays another down in Philly again? Top five quarterbacks don't get benched. He played a stretch so poorly last year that he forced Reid's hand. The attention span of some guys when it comes to sports is stunning to say the least. Top five :LMAO:LMAO

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Reid top five? Isn't he the same guy who Bill Bellichek said during the final 6 minutes of the superbowl he had to keep checking the scoreboard because the way Reid was going about his time management Bellichek thought he might be losing instead of actually being ahead?

roach23

Banned

This shitbag team has had 9 straight bad drafts under Reid. He finally has a good one and now the Eagles are somehow the scouting leaders of the world. Good grief.

2002 Draft was good. Got Lito, Sheldon Brown, Westbrook, Michael Lewis. 3 guys who played in the Pro Bowl.

2004 Draft they got Shawn Andrews

2005 Draft they got Mike Patterson, Trent Cole and Todd Herremans

2006 Draft they got Bunkley, Avant and Gaither

2007 Draft they got Abramiri, Stuart Bradley, Brent Celek

2008 was a great Draft. They got Desuan Jackson, Trevor Laws, Quinten Demps and best of all traded out of the 1st round which gave them an extra 1st round pick this year to give to Buffalo to land Jason Peters.

Andy has had some shitty drafts. But to say he's had 9 horrible drafts is just stupid and making statements cause you dislike Reid and McNabb.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

2002 Draft was good. Got Lito, Sheldon Brown, Westbrook, Michael Lewis. 3 guys who played in the Pro Bowl.

2004 Draft they got Shawn Andrews

2005 Draft they got Mike Patterson, Trent Cole and Todd Herremans

2006 Draft they got Bunkley, Avant and Gaither

2007 Draft they got Abramiri, Stuart Bradley, Brent Celek

2008 was a great Draft. They got Desuan Jackson, Trevor Laws, Quinten Demps and best of all traded out of the 1st round which gave them an extra 1st round pick this year to give to Buffalo to land Jason Peters.

Andy has had some shitty drafts. But to say he's had 9 horrible drafts is just stupid and making statements cause you dislike Reid and McNabb.
Every single player u listed besides Westbrook is average and the Jury is still out on Jackson. Im not sold on Peters just yet. Didnt he give up a boat load of sacks last year? How many pro bowlers are in those drafts and im not talking about a guy that makes the pro bowl once? That is how i grade successful drafts. Pro bowlers. Jim Johnson should get the credit because it was his defenses that carried this team and not Reids offense. If Lito and Brown were so great they still would be here. when Buddy was here the pro bowl players seemed like they were in every draft. That is drafting.